PDA

View Full Version : Desperate Please (Swans Eagles seating merged thread)

westernswan
3rd July 2006, 08:02 PM
Hopefully fellow west Aussie swans fans arent as unlucky as I, But just rang and the game against WCE has already sold out. Thats right within a day of coming on sale to the general public and due to me having school i couldnt ring at the opening time, meaning by 3.30pm they were all sold out.

My one gamea year, and a chance to rub salt into the ounds of west coast fans who boast so much has gone begging.
If any other swans fans would have any ideas unto what to do in this scenario or if there is any way possible to get a ticket id love to hear please,because im lost for words right now:frown

Thanks WS

goswannie14
3rd July 2006, 08:09 PM
Don't know if it will help, but you could try ringing the Sydney Swans office in Sydney, you never know your luck.

Missy
3rd July 2006, 08:48 PM
Keep and eye out for members resale maybe?

desredandwhite
3rd July 2006, 09:12 PM
Yep, call the club. They normally have a small allocation for members.

PerthSwannie
4th July 2006, 01:21 AM
Subi oval for a WC game is a disgrace for not only opposition supporters but also for WC fans who are not members. Unless your a chardonay sipping WC snotty nosed member, you are hard pressed to get a ticket to a game here.

I`m led to believe that there are only about 3000 tickets (Out of about 45,000) set aside for general sale, inluding opposition teams.

There is a consortium who want to build a huge 60-80,000 seat stadium outside(20km) of Perth, which would satisfy the public hunger for tickets, but all the WC boffens want to do is put some more lego blocks on Subi to lift the seats to 60,000. But that would require bulldozing houses surrounding the oval and take ages.

Getting back to tickets. You can try Ebay(Typical rip-offs).

Me? I`ll actually be watching the game on a 38cm TV in a caravan down south for the school holidays(3 kids). Why did the draw pick that weekend for the Wests only Swannies match?

liz
4th July 2006, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by desredandwhite
Yep, call the club. They normally have a small allocation for members.

For non-Melbourne away games it is normally possible to get a ticket through the club but they generally close bookings on the Friday two weeks before a game.

It is worth a call to them but it could well be too late by now.

australian_made
4th July 2006, 02:24 PM
I found out today (much to my horror) that the club has already sold out of its allocated tickets for the Grand Final re-match.

I am now resorting to eBay for my tickets, but would like them to be at the 'cheer sqaud' end of the ground if i can.

Question: Which end of the ground will host the mighty Swans Cheer Squad? :)

Also, who else from Sydney (or this forum) is heading over for the big match, and where are you seated? Thanks.

Captain
4th July 2006, 02:47 PM
I too found out that all tickets are sold out and that the Swans allocation has all gone.

As I have already bought my plane ticket, if anyone could please assist me in acquiring a ticket to the game I will be forever in their debt.

australian_made
4th July 2006, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Captain
I too found out that all tickets are sold out and that the Swans allocation has all gone.

As I have already bought my plane ticket, if anyone could please assist me in acquiring a ticket to the game I will be forever in their debt. eBay have a couple of dozen tickets available, most are x2 though.

j s
4th July 2006, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Captain

As I have already bought my plane ticket, if anyone could please assist me in acquiring a ticket to the game I will be forever in their debt.
Does that include the Cheer Squad allocation? Might be a good idea to ask the club specifically about that, though it might be too late if they have already returned the unwanted seats.

Last year the CS was behind the City end goals

(frigging mods merged the threads while I was trying to post a reply)

PerthSwannie
4th July 2006, 02:57 PM
The Sydney squad will be located at the city end of the ground, on the right as you look at the seat allocation. Section`s 138 - 144 would be the best.

australian_made
4th July 2006, 03:21 PM
Yeah I called the club already. Nothing at all they could offer me. Im just waiting to hear back from some people i know in WA about getting in on some spare Weagles memberships (which is how I went to the GF in the first place) but if thats not a goer, eBay here i come.

silent lurker
4th July 2006, 03:37 PM
Hopefully the seats sold by the Sydney office are with the seats sold by the Melbourne office this year.

Captain
4th July 2006, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by j s
Does that include the Cheer Squad allocation? Might be a good idea to ask the club specifically about that, though it might be too late if they have already returned the unwanted seats.

Last year the CS was behind the City end goals

(frigging mods merged the threads while I was trying to post a reply)

Don't think they returned any unwanted seats. The girl told me that they sold like hot cakes and almost over sold them.

cruiser
4th July 2006, 09:35 PM
Weagles supporters have just one thing on their mind - revenge! How I hope Sydney spoils their party.

australian_made
5th July 2006, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by cruiser
Weagles supporters have just one thing on their mind - revenge! How I hope Sydney spoils their party.
Woo hoo - got my tickets! Thanks eBay :) Section 139, Row N. This is as close as i could find at the Swans cheer squad end of the ground.

Just for the fun of it, I think I might get a shirt printed from the pic I have holding The Cup with Roosy at last yeasrs Club Champion dinner :)
http://groups.msn.com/aussiesummer0304/2005swansbestampfairest.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=936

Maybe with the words: "This could have been yours Wet Toast?" HAHAHAHA :D

And maybe I will be seated near the poor schmucks who sat next to me at the GF, the ones who had to fly to Melbourne via Singapore, then leave the G straight away for their 14 hour return flight home! That would be noice.

Revenge? Well its a dish best served cold.

goswannie14
5th July 2006, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by australian_made
Woo hoo - got my tickets! Thanks eBay :) Section 139, Row N. This is as close as i could find at the Swans cheer squad end of the ground.

Just for the fun of it, I think I might get a shirt printed from the pic I have holding The Cup with Roosy at last yeasrs Club Champion dinner :)
http://groups.msn.com/aussiesummer0304/2005swansbestampfairest.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=936

Maybe with the words: "This could have been yours Wet Toast?" HAHAHAHA :D

I don't think you need the wording mate, just the picture says it all, especially with the "Premiers 2005" sign just behind you guys.

australian_made
5th July 2006, 03:02 PM
And maybe a bodgy recording of their new theme song:

This song is preceeded by a banjo solo of course ;)

We're the Weagles
The Wet Toast Weagles
And we thought, we had a bye
We are a BIG JOKE!
Who lost the BIG GAME!
We're the Weagles
So now we cry

Then hold up one of the numerous pictures i have of Ben (run! its the cops!) Cousins after the GF last year :D Crying like a little girly girl (aka Mooney at the SCG style)