PDA

View Full Version : Kirk.

WASwansFanatic
24th July 2006, 11:24 PM
For all you morons wanting Kirks head..have any of you actually played footy. Do you not realise how inspirational one act, one person can be to a team. Sure he might not kick the ball the straightest or whatever, but SO SO SO MANY times he has put his body on the line for the good of the team. I love him and reckon a side without him in it would be a lot worse off.

So for all you bloody idiots calling for his head. Piss off. Support your team.....sure we have had a frustrating year so far...but hey we have just won a premiership and in the early 90's I would never have believed that!

GO KIRK! and go Swannies!!

PerthSwannie
24th July 2006, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by WASwansFanatic

Couldn`t of said it better myself. I really didn`t like what I was reading on the other(Kirky) threads. BK`s the man. And the only reason I`d accept him out for this weeks game is for his own health.

When I see Kirky going for the ball, I know he`s giving his all. give the guy his credits!!!

C-Train
24th July 2006, 11:32 PM
EXACTLY!!!!!!

Its like Paul Kelly on crutches or in a wheelchair with a drip attached.... Worth 1000 Paul Chambers...

Doctor J.
24th July 2006, 11:34 PM
For all you morons wanting Kirks head..have any of you actually played footy. Do you not realise how inspirational one act, one person can be to a team. Sure he might not kick the ball the straightest or whatever, but SO SO SO MANY times he has put his body on the line for the good of the team. I love him and reckon a side without him in it would be a lot worse off.

So for all you bloody idiots calling for his head. Piss off. Support your team.....sure we have had a frustrating year so far...but hey we have just won a premiership and in the early 90's I would never have believed that!

And they say nothing good comes out of WA.

Well said

Chow-Chicker
25th July 2006, 12:03 AM

Nicely put. Give me a 100 Kirk's over 1 Davis any day. Tired of all the stupid attacks made on the courageous player and a great coach over one lazy, sook.

NMWBloods
25th July 2006, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by Chow-Chicker
Nicely put. Give me a 100 Kirk's over 1 Davis any day. Tired of all the stupid attacks made on the courageous player and a great coach over one lazy, sook. Or that bludging Goodes...

Inferno
25th July 2006, 12:08 AM
Give me a 100 Kirk's over 1 Davis any day.
I know Kirk isn't playing that well, but he's not that bad Chow Chicker. Even ROK Lobster is not that hard on him.

Sanecow
25th July 2006, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by NMWBloods
Or that bludging Goodes...

He has such silky pajamas.

PerthSwannie
25th July 2006, 12:35 AM

HEY!! Come on guys.................

These are OUR players you are rubbishing. Why not hang @@@@@ on the Opposition??

I`m probably like everyone here who hang their heads when things don`t go too great, but this is OUR team. WE don`t have another one, So get behind`em..........

NMWBloods
25th July 2006, 12:39 AM
Swhoooosh... (http://chaussures-nike.edorefsite.com/uploaded_images/swoosh-796141.jpg)

Chow-Chicker
25th July 2006, 01:02 AM

I believe I used the term "skitting".

stellation
25th July 2006, 09:23 AM

I guess then I would have to ask, have you actually played footy? Do you know how important it is in Australian Rules football to be able to kick the ball straight? Particuarly for a midfielder...

NMWBloods
25th July 2006, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Chow-Chicker
I believe I used the term "skitting".

What on earth is the matter with Goodes? Fumbling, not chasing, and giving up the ghost when his opponent has the ball. We can't afford bludging in the team if we are to go all the way again t his year. We need persistency and determination.

NMWBloods
25th July 2006, 11:06 AM

GO KIRK! and go Swannies!! Inspiration and confidence are important. So are skill and execution.

Boodnutz
25th July 2006, 11:41 AM
Inspiration and confidence are important. So are skill and execution. At this time of the year you have to go with who you think our best players are. No mind-games, no experimenting. And Kirk is definitely in that best 22 for a lot of reasons. Ultimately, so is Davis. So, I think you will see Davis back this week. The time for saying a player isn't up for it anymore is now after the season has finished as part of the review process.

I think it is worth it to have a guy like Kirk on the field even when he is travelling rough. His commitment is unquestioned and when it gets tight over the next few weeks you know he will put his body on the line. That does give team-mates enormous confidence to do their own job and you can't quantify that value in stats or skill errors.

Zlatorog
25th July 2006, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by PerthSwannie
Couldn`t of said it better myself. I really didn`t like what I was reading on the other(Kirky) threads. BK`s the man. And the only reason I`d accept him out for this weeks game is for his own health.

When I see Kirky going for the ball, I know he`s giving his all. give the guy his credits!!!

Because they are Premiers now. The bar is higher than it was in past years and that is how all the premiership players are judged.

Boodnutz
25th July 2006, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Zlatorog
Because they are Premiers now. The bar is higher than it was in past years and that is how all the premiership players are judged. Same bar isn't it? - win the flag. This stuff about premiership players suddenly being expected to be better because they won the flag is wrong. The bulk of these players could player even better than they did last year and not win the thing. there's so many other variables.

Chow-Chicker
25th July 2006, 03:14 PM

He is a skitter which includes bludging

originalswan
25th July 2006, 04:00 PM
The point is you are not going to WIN a Premiership with 22 Kirk's or for that matter 22 Davis'.

Premierships are won by a well rounded team that has players who complement each other and play for each other (as we are all well aware!) A good team has a few standout players with the odd battlers as well who is there to fill a certain role and also the average skilled player that contributes in other areas.

We are not a team of champions but hopefully prove once again to be a champion team.

Chow-Chicker
25th July 2006, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by originalswan
The point is you are not going to WIN a Premiership with 22 Kirk's or for that matter 22 Davis'.

Premierships are won by a well rounded team that has players who complement each other and play for each other (as we are all well aware!) A good team has a few standout players with the odd battlers as well who is there to fill a certain role and also the average skilled player that contributes in other areas.

We are not a team of champions but hopefully prove once again to be a champion team.

Applause! Very well said.

Wardy
26th July 2006, 02:12 PM
For all you morons wanting Kirks head..have any of you actually played footy. So for all you bloody idiots calling for his head. Piss off. Support your team.....sure we have had a frustrating year so far...but hey we have just won a premiership and in the early 90's I would never have believed that!

Yeah well I dont know of many male obstetricians that have actually given birth to a child - but they can still comment on a woman having a baby, or do you have a go at them too?

I havent played football at all - being a woman in her 40's we didnt have Auskick when I was young - doesnt mean that I cant comment on a game that I have followed passionately my entire life! But then I suppose you probably dont think that woman should be allowed to vote.

Kirk is not playing that well - sure he got kicked in the head, got carried off, and gallantly (if you like) walked back on ground again, so what - doesnt mean that he is beyond criticism if he hasnt played that well - just like any other player.

Hall hasnt been playing that well & Leo has given away more free kicks than anyone else - so they too haven't had the best season and comments have been made about them too.

I'm all for being positive - but there are times in football - and god forbid LIFE - when things and performances aren't perfect and its very hard to find something positive to say about it.

Kirk this year aint the same Kirk last year - so be it - but after seeing his holier than thou appearance bagging Davis last week - he had better put his money where his mouth is and play blinders for the rest of the season, behave impeccably (and does anyone remember a very intoxicated Kirk being interviewed the day after the grand final on sportsworld ?- he couldnt string two words together !) and not put a foot wrong, he put out the challenge to Davis to get fit and perform, not do anything wrong - hope he does like wise.

TheButcher
26th July 2006, 02:21 PM
Kirk is being exposed. Players like him who are not naturally gifted and rely on their determination and guts usually get left behind when they reach 30.

Hello Kirk this is you.

BAM_BAM
26th July 2006, 02:52 PM
I was joking with some friends last week and suggested someone belt Kirk over the head before the match so he could get the head gear on. It might inspire us, as it seemed to do so many times last year. So you could imagine my horror when he was knocked out in front of us Saturday night.

I know I had goose bumps when he walked back up the race around the boundary to take his place on the bench. For a team being questioned about "their code" and their loyalty to support each other as "Blood Brothers" that one act spoke Volumes IMO.

dimelb
26th July 2006, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by BAM_BAM
I was joking with some friends last week and suggested someone belt Kirk over the head before the match so he could get the head gear on. It might inspire us, as it seemed to do so many times last year. So you could imagine my horror when he was knocked out in front of us Saturday night.

I know I had goose bumps when he walked back up the race around the boundary to take his place on the bench. For a team being questioned about "their code" and their loyalty to support each other as "Blood Brothers" that one act spoke Volumes IMO.
I had a similar reaction. And didn't the crowd appreciate it!

TheButcher
26th July 2006, 03:08 PM
pfft that was kirks ego. The guy really has a high opinion of himself.

The fact that he wanted to play on shows how much of a stupid ego driven moron he really is.

What message is he sending out to kids? Once you get knocked out..its ok to keep playing?

Inperational stuff from the hippy.

dimelb
26th July 2006, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by TheButcher
pfft that was kirks ego. The guy really has a high opinion of himself.

The fact that he wanted to play on shows how much of a stupid ego driven moron he really is.

What message is he sending out to kids? Once you get knocked out..its ok to keep playing?

Inperational stuff from the hippy.
A troll from Collingwood?

Wardy
26th July 2006, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by dimelb

Very mature - the thing is not everyone saw his returning to the field the same as others - some saw it as Galant - others saw is as a bit of a wank - for me it was the latter - sorry to disappoint you.

TheButcher
26th July 2006, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by dimelb

How am i a troll? Just because i dared question kirks motives?

The guy has always been a dud, but i have handled his form in the past 2 years as he was ok.

Now he is exactly at the point in his footy career i expected him to be and i am called a collingwood troll?

I am offened. Sorry for not standing up and clapping when he came back onto the field. I was actually embarrased more than anything else.

goswannie14
26th July 2006, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Wardy
Kirk this year aint the same Kirk last year - so be it - but after seeing his holier than thou appearance bagging Davis last week - he had better put his money where his mouth is and play blinders for the rest of the season, behave impeccably (and does anyone remember a very intoxicated Kirk being interviewed the day after the grand final on sportsworld ?- he couldnt string two words together !) and not put a foot wrong, he put out the challenge to Davis to get fit and perform, not do anything wrong - hope he does like wise. I wondered if I was the only one who thought this when kirk put his ugly head on TV bagging Nick Davis.

Kirk appears to have a problem with anything to do with Nick Davis, his "words" to him after he tried to cover LRT's man in last years SF seems to expose that. I put it all down to jealousy. Nick Davis is IMHO the most talented footballer on the Swans list, and I don't think Kirk likes it.

Time for Kirk to put his money where his mouth is.

BTW Kirk would have known that having been carried off on a stretcher, he could not return for 20 minutes, and there wasnt that much time left on the clock. So it was all for show. Not that I'm against anything if it motivates the team, but that's my spin on it all.

AussieAnge
26th July 2006, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by goswannie14
I wondered if I was the only one who thought this when kirk put his ugly head on TV bagging Nick Davis.

It was previously mentioned in some of the missing posts, during your enforced absence due to our major telecommunications operator's form & fitness lapse;)
IIRC someone said he came across as a sanctimonious prat when he was going on about forgiveness and trust in a tv interview.

ROK Lobster
26th July 2006, 08:22 PM
This is my bandwagon.

goswannie14
26th July 2006, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by ROK Lobster
This is my bandwagon. Can I be your navigator then?

NMWBloods
26th July 2006, 09:10 PM
Can I be your navigator then? Only if you have a thick skin...

WASwansFanatic
26th July 2006, 09:28 PM
IMHO Kirk loves the Swans and loves his team mates. He wanted to be out there to watch his team mates and support... GOD FORBID HIM. I think everyone who says he is a wanker, is jealous that this bloke can have such a huge impact on his team mates. You probably also bagged Kelly for being a bloody inspiration!!

ROK Lobster
26th July 2006, 09:29 PM
IMHO Kirk loves the Swans and loves his team mates. He wanted to be out there to watch his team mates and support... GOD FORBID HIM. I think everyone who says he is a wanker, is jealous that this bloke can have such a huge impact on his team mates. You probably also bagged Kelly for being a bloody inspiration!! Kelly was genuine. Kirk is pretend.

WASwansFanatic
26th July 2006, 09:31 PM
Yeah well I dont know of many male obstetricians that have actually given birth to a child - but they can still comment on a woman having a baby, or do you have a go at them too?

I havent played football at all - being a woman in her 40's we didnt have Auskick when I was young - doesnt mean that I cant comment on a game that I have followed passionately my entire life! But then I suppose you probably dont think that woman should be allowed to vote.

Kirk is not playing that well - sure he got kicked in the head, got carried off, and gallantly (if you like) walked back on ground again, so what - doesnt mean that he is beyond criticism if he hasnt played that well - just like any other player.

Hall hasnt been playing that well & Leo has given away more free kicks than anyone else - so they too haven't had the best season and comments have been made about them too.

I'm all for being positive - but there are times in football - and god forbid LIFE - when things and performances aren't perfect and its very hard to find something positive to say about it.

Kirk this year aint the same Kirk last year - so be it - but after seeing his holier than thou appearance bagging Davis last week - he had better put his money where his mouth is and play blinders for the rest of the season, behave impeccably (and does anyone remember a very intoxicated Kirk being interviewed the day after the grand final on sportsworld ?- he couldnt string two words together !) and not put a foot wrong, he put out the challenge to Davis to get fit and perform, not do anything wrong - hope he does like wise.

You talk about maturity.......Nice comment about women and the vote..... As your name suggests tarnished spinster..... or is that man hater?

I am the first to admit Kirk has not had the best year but sometimes a persons impact on a team is measured more than kicks and handpasses......there is the 1 %'s and then there is the impact a personality has on a team. I think Kirks contribution in these two categories is still as great as ever.

WASwansFanatic
26th July 2006, 09:33 PM
Kelly was genuine. Kirk is pretend.

I personally love both of them. Kirk does not give a @@@@ about his body as did Kelly....
So please enlighten me how Kirk is pretend? I would be interested to hear your opinion.

swantastic
26th July 2006, 11:15 PM
The fact that he wanted to play on shows how much of a stupid ego driven moron he really is. You got it wrong,YOU are the moron that would have pumped up his team mates no end,thats not ego thats guts.IMO Paul Kelly,Brett Kirk pretty much the same loved em both,both were tough.

TheButcher
26th July 2006, 11:20 PM
Pfft some of these post are the reason i used to cringe at being a swans supporter.

You know, clap the team off and all that after a thrashing. The poor darlings.

TheButcher
26th July 2006, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by swantastic
You got it wrong,YOU are the moron that would have pumped up his team mates no end,thats not ego thats guts.IMO Paul Kelly,Brett Kirk pretty much the same loved em both,both were tough.

Pfft did you give him a standing ovation as well when he walked on the field. My heart is hurting at how cheesy that moment was.

Cheeesy!

swantastic
26th July 2006, 11:25 PM
Pfft did you give him a standing ovation as well when he walked on the field. My heart is hurting at how cheesy that moment was.Cheeesy! No,but i thought it was pretty good i know what its like to get knocked out in sport and he did pretty well in just walking around.

TheButcher
26th July 2006, 11:27 PM
No,but i thought it was pretty good i know what its like to get knocked out in sport and he did pretty well in just walking around.

Didn't want to tarnish his "I get knocked and i get up again" image did he.

Shame he won't be around for more than 2 years max. ;)

WASwansFanatic
27th July 2006, 12:18 AM
Pfft some of these post are the reason i used to cringe at being a swans supporter.

You know, clap the team off and all that after a thrashing. The poor darlings.

Being over here I forgot we have pathetic supporters that want WINS and nothing else... Oh Hang On yes we did used to only get 10,000 supporters to a game when we were hopeless.... Oh hang I guess you are one of the 25000 that jumped on the bandwagon...well..hey here is the next stop.... get off....go support a team that wants wins at any cost....perhaps WEST COAST

WASwansFanatic
27th July 2006, 12:19 AM
Pfft did you give him a standing ovation as well when he walked on the field. My heart is hurting at how cheesy that moment was.

Cheeesy!

I would love to see you get up 10 mins after being knocked out flat.... No thats right..... you would be calling out for your mummy..... Now that is inspirational.

swantastic
27th July 2006, 08:01 AM
Butcher i would love to see you not get up after being knocked out flat.... No thats right..... you would be calling out for your mummy..... Now that is inspirational. Good one WASF:D

Wardy
27th July 2006, 08:34 AM
You talk about maturity.......Nice comment about women and the vote..... As your name suggests tarnished spinster..... or is that man hater?

I am the first to admit Kirk has not had the best year but sometimes a persons impact on a team is measured more than kicks and handpasses......there is the 1 %'s and then there is the impact a personality has on a team. I think Kirks contribution in these two categories is still as great as ever.

And I'm thrilled to think that you feel that way about Kirk - however, there a number of posters who dont share your view - thats life - so be it.

Hmm you were the one who intimated that unless you have played football at the highest level that one cant make comment on the game or certain players - what a load of bollocks! - And I dont recall ever personally sledging you either, but if you would like to believe that I'm a man hater - go right ahead - there are a number of people on here who actually know me, and I dont hate men - far from it - you might be the exception though.

Wardy
27th July 2006, 08:56 AM
This is my bandwagon.

I'm right behind you there Rok - toot toot!!! ( I dont hate you Rok even though you are a man;) :D )

ROK Lobster
27th July 2006, 08:58 AM
I'm right behind you there Rok - toot toot!!! ( I dont hate you Rok even though you are a man;) :D ) I think he pressed the wrong key - I am sure it was meant to be man eater.

Wardy
27th July 2006, 09:01 AM
I think he pressed the wrong key - I am sure it was meant to be man eater.

"Woooo here she comes , watch out boy she'll chew you up......."
shes a man eater - yeah! (thanks to Hall and Oats for that!)

Zlatorog
27th July 2006, 09:08 AM
Some low-lifes (you know who you are) on this messageboard believe Kirk is embodiment of Paul Kelly. I never loughed so hard. Kirk might be a good motivator and hart of the team, but skillwise he's just a tagger and that was his role in the team and probably still is. Elevating him into something else it's just plain funny.
I agree with some of you that he will have to make room for any more skillfull player with the right attitude that might lurke in the seconds at the moment.

TheButcher
27th July 2006, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by Zlatorog
Some low-lifes (you know who you are) on this messageboard believe Kirk is embodiment of Paul Kelly. I never loughed so hard. Kirk might be a good motivator and hart of the team, but skillwise he's just a tagger and that was his role in the team and probably still is. Elevating him into something else it's just plain funny.
I agree with some of you that he will have to make room for any more skillfull player with the right attitude that might lurke in the seconds at the moment.

Well Sydney does have its fair share of idiotic supporters. I mean standing ovation after a bad loss. Enough said.

But trying to glorify a tagger as a club legend makes me sick. A bloody tagger who has been given more of a run with roll and so far has been exposed as a hack.

Some real experts on RWO.

goswannie14
27th July 2006, 09:17 AM
Being over here I forgot we have pathetic supporters that want WINS and nothing else... Oh Hang On yes we did used to only get 10,000 supporters to a game when we were hopeless.... Oh hang I guess you are one of the 25000 that jumped on the bandwagon...well..hey here is the next stop.... get off....go support a team that wants wins at any cost....perhaps WEST COAST This has to be one of the funniest posts I have seen here. It may come as a surprise to you that elite sport is all about one thing.....WINNING!

As I have followed the Swans for nearly 40 years, I don't think you can call me a bandwagoner. I will criticise the team or players when I feel it is justified, I will also cheer them until I am hoarse whether it is justified or not. I will applaud them off the ground after a win or a hard fought narrow loss, but I will not join those who applaud them off the ground after a bad loss, nor will i boo them...ever.

I also have favourite and not so favourite players, that's the nature of supporting an AFL team. If you don't like it, then that's your problem, don't try to make it anyone elses.

goswannie14
27th July 2006, 09:19 AM
"Woooo here she comes , watch out boy she'll chew you up......."
shes a man eater - yeah! (thanks to Hall and Oats for that!) Didn't realise that Barry Hall had such a good voice.;)

swantastic
27th July 2006, 09:21 AM
This has to be one of the funniest posts I have seen here. It may come as a surprise to you that elite sport is all about one thing.....WINNING!

As I have followed the Swans for nearly 40 years, I don't think you can call me a bandwagoner. I will criticise the team or players when I feel it is justified, I will also cheer them until I am hoarse whether it is justified or not. I will applaud them off the ground after a win or a hard fought narrow loss, but I will not join those who applaud them off the ground after a bad loss, nor will i boo them...ever.

I also have favourite and not so favourite players, that's the nature of supporting an AFL team. If you don't like it, then that's your problem, don't try to make it anyone elses. You said it GS14,i have been following SMFC for 35 years and i always will win,lose or draw.:)

Wardy
27th July 2006, 09:23 AM
Didn't realise that Barry Hall had such a good voice.;)
Certainly doesn't have a head hair like the H & O lads either:)

ScottH
27th July 2006, 09:23 AM

Cheeesy! It is a common practice when players are injured to show that you are glad that they are OK. A bit of common courtesy.

Well Sydney does have its fair share of idiotic supporters. I mean standing ovation after a bad loss. Enough said.

But trying to glorify a tagger as a club legend makes me sick. A bloody tagger who has been given more of a run with roll and so far has been exposed as a hack.

Some real experts on RWO. So everyone that posts here needs to be an expert to have an opinion?

Kirk may not be a Club Legend, in the same ilk as Kelly, however, he has been one of our best players for the last 3 years as voted by the Club, not RWO.

Best and fairest 2005
2nd best and fairest 2003, 2004
All-Australian 2004
International Rules Series 2003, 2004

Brownlow Medal: 2005 votes 10; career votes 33

TheButcher
27th July 2006, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by ScottH
Kirk may not be a Club Legend, in the same ilk as Kelly

The only sensiible bit in your post.

ScottH
27th July 2006, 09:33 AM
The only sensiible bit in your post. :confused:

The rest is fact, how can theat not be sensible.

Bart
27th July 2006, 09:35 AM

Some real experts on RWO.

You are right, what would we know ? And what would the mob thinking of who conferred these honours thinking of ?

Best and fairest 2005
4th Brownlow 2004
All-Australian 2004
Premiership side 2005
Captain 2006

TheButcher
27th July 2006, 09:36 AM
:confused:

The rest is fact, how can theat not be sensible.

Can i post my achievements from u/10 to u/16

they are better than kirks except i didn't get to play in a umm errr a "hybrid" game and i didn't get selected for a team that really plays no one.

I also was runner up to a few medals and got a few votes as well.

I must be a champion too!

TheButcher
27th July 2006, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by Bart
You are right, what would we know ? And what would the mob thinking of who conferred these honours thinking of ?

Best and fairest 2005
4th Brownlow 2004
All-Australian 2004
Premiership side 2005
Captain 2006

Why can't you people handle the fact there are those who like Kirk and think he is the most gifted player to ever pull on the red and white and there are those who don't rate him.

It's life, get over it!

Bart
27th July 2006, 09:47 AM
Why can't you people handle the fact there are those who like Kirk and think he is the most gifted player to ever pull on the red and white and there are those who don't rate him.

Sorry Butchie, I've missed something there. Can you clarify where I suggested this in my post

It's life, get over it!

Touche. Glad to see you have a sense of humour and are willing to have a joke at your own expense. :D

ScottH
27th July 2006, 09:49 AM

they are better than kirks except i didn't get to play in a umm errr a "hybrid" game and i didn't get selected for a team that really plays no one.

I must be a champion too! Congratulations I didn't realise you'd been nominated in the top players in the Australia.

Your argument lacks any respectability.

TheButcher
27th July 2006, 09:51 AM
Congratulations I didn't realise you'd been nominated in the top players in the Australia.

Your argument lacks any respectability.

So does yours I am sorry. In fact most of your posts on RWO lack any substance.

Bart
27th July 2006, 09:51 AM

Your family must be so proud :D :D :D :D :D

ScottH
27th July 2006, 09:54 AM

It's life, get over it! I don't think any one on here has ever stated he is the "most gifted player" etc.

But he was an important part of the team for the last few years, got himself a premiership medallion and a few accolades (for what they are worth) and most will admit his form has fallen off this year. Nothing unusual in that.

Wardy
27th July 2006, 09:56 AM
I don't think any one on here has ever stated he is the "most gifted player" etc.

But he was an important part of the team for the last few years, got himself a premiership medallion and a few accolades (for what they are worth) and most will admit his form has fallen off this year. Nothing unusual in that.

exactly - there are those who love him and there are those who dont - so lets leave it at that.

Boodnutz
27th July 2006, 09:57 AM

It's life, get over it! I've noticed that when someone's ill-thought-out comment gets rightly discounted, the writer of the ill-thought-out comment comes back with something over top to back his/her case. And normally (as in this case) it just sounds silly. Who says Kirk is the most gifted player ever to pull on the red and white? I certainly don't, but I do know he's dragged himself up by the bootlaces to be one the most effective players we've had in the past 10 years. And he's worthy of us cutting him some slack.

It's life? No, it's not. Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.

Wardy
27th July 2006, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Boodnutz
It's life? No, it's not. Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. thank you John Lennon;)

Boodnutz
27th July 2006, 10:02 AM
thank you John Lennon;) No worries. I'm just watching the wheels.

Wardy
27th July 2006, 10:03 AM
No worries. I'm just watching the wheels.

love it!!! Imagine all the people (on RWO) living life in peace!

ScottH
27th July 2006, 10:05 AM
So does yours I am sorry. In fact most of your posts on RWO lack any substance. I try not to abuse any substances.

Boodnutz
27th July 2006, 10:06 AM
love it!!! Imagine all the people (on RWO) living life in peace! Which brings us back to Kirky - working class hero.

TheButcher
27th July 2006, 10:08 AM
shudder.

Wardy
27th July 2006, 10:08 AM
Which brings us back to Kirky - working class hero.

Oh well agree to disagree I guess.

swantastic
27th July 2006, 03:43 PM
love it!!! Imagine all the people (on RWO) living life in peace! When pigs fly.

goswannie14
27th July 2006, 05:11 PM
As a person, I don't think much of Brett Kirk, and his sanctimonious waffling in front of the cameras to bag ND only reinforced, to me, what I thought about him.

However, as a player I think he has given the club a lot. But he will never be in the same league as Kelly or Skilton, but he would be up there with Quade for what he offers to the team in inspiration. However, he has been sadly lacking in form this year.

Boodnutz
27th July 2006, 05:12 PM
As a person, I don't think much of Brett Kirk, and his sanctimonious waffling in front of the cameras to bag ND only reinforced, to me, what I thought about him.

However, as a player I think he has given the club a lot. But he will never be in the same league as Kelly or Skilton, but he would be up there with Quade for what he offers to the team in inspiration. However, he has been sadly lacking in form this year. That's a fair enough summation.

goswannie14
27th July 2006, 05:16 PM
That's a fair enough summation. Thank you.

I remember Quade playing on with stitches in his hand in the days before interchange. We were down to 16 fit men, so Quade, after splitting the webbing in between his thumb and forefinger went off, got stitched up and came back to be best on the ground, In fact in the old "Sun score" where they rated every player every week out of 10, he got 10/10, he played that well. He was awesome.

swantastic
27th July 2006, 05:22 PM

We were down to 16 fit men, so Quade, after splitting the webbing in between his thumb and forefinger went off, got stitched up and came back to be best on the ground.A quote from richmond legend Kevin Bartlett"In my day you played with injuries,i played a full game one day with a broken leg thats how tough it was back then"

goswannie14
27th July 2006, 05:37 PM
A quote from richmond legend Kevin Bartlett"In my day you played with injuries,i played a full game one day with a broken leg thats how tough it was back then" ...and when I was in the cheersquad we would sit out in the rain every week. To be dry...that would be looxury!

Mel
27th July 2006, 05:46 PM
A quote from richmond legend Kevin Bartlett"In my day you played with injuries,i played a full game one day with a broken leg thats how tough it was back then"

I played half a grand final with a fractured leg, am I as tough as Kirk?

Granted I didn't know it was fractured until the following week, but it didn't tickle!

giant
27th July 2006, 05:50 PM
So does yours I am sorry. In fact most of your posts on RWO lack any substance.

Strewth, this from the poster that's delivered 34 posts of drivel.

swantastic
27th July 2006, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Mel
I played half a grand final with a fractured leg, am I as tough as Kirk?

Granted I didn't know it was fractured until the following week, but it didn't tickle! Tonka

swantastic
27th July 2006, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by giant
Strewth, this from the poster that's delivered 34 posts of drivel. Giant,you hit the bulls eye.:DHe should move over to little footy.

Sanecow
27th July 2006, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by giant
Strewth, this from the poster that's delivered 34 posts of drivel.

To be fair though, his other login has many more.

goswannie14
27th July 2006, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by Sanecow
To be fair though, his other login has many more. He's not Charlie is he?;)

dimelb
27th July 2006, 06:18 PM
Don't tell me footyhead is flying under the mod radar?
Incidentally I'm happy with the fact that fans may love or loathe Kirk. I'm one of the former, others disagree; I can live with that happily enough, but I don't like venom.

TheButcher
27th July 2006, 06:27 PM
I am not footyhead. What an insult. I actually follow and love the swans. I just don't like wankers who are up to their necks with hypocrisy.

And i think you would all know that I am not Charlie.

is that a bad thing?

WASwansFanatic
27th July 2006, 06:45 PM
Well Sydney does have its fair share of idiotic supporters..

Yes and you are one of them.

WASwansFanatic
27th July 2006, 06:46 PM
shudder.

So you hate a guy who has got the most out of himself, do you?
Is this tall poppy syndrome.......
By the way how is the line at Centrelink? Progressing quickly.....

WASwansFanatic
27th July 2006, 06:48 PM

Mate....its the AFL not u/10 to u/16
Stop living in the past..... or have you not achieved anything since then....

TheButcher
27th July 2006, 06:48 PM
So you hate a guy who has got the most out of himself, do you?
Is this tall poppy syndrome.......
By the way how is the line at Centrelink? Progressing quickly.....

Phwoah personal insults, must be really annoying you.

I don't hate the guy actually was a big fan of his until recently. Soz loz for not living up to your expectations.

Play da ball not da man mon.

TheButcher
27th July 2006, 06:49 PM
Mate....its the AFL not u/10 to u/16
Stop living in the past..... or have you not achieved anything since then....

That twice in a row. You must be really annoyed.

Play da ball not da man mon.

WASwansFanatic
27th July 2006, 06:52 PM
Stop living in the past and trying to compare your little league results to an AFL player!?

AussieAnge
27th July 2006, 08:55 PM
Methinks it is about time this thread was sent to the sandpit.

BTW I'd be interested to learn the real identity of TB (but that's just because I'm nosy).

Bart
27th July 2006, 09:15 PM
I just don't like wankers.

Don't be so hard on yourself

swantastic
27th July 2006, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by Bart
Don't be so hard on yourself HARD good choice of words.

goswannie14
27th July 2006, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by AussieAnge
Methinks it is about time this thread was sent to the sandpit.

BTW I'd be interested to learn the real identity of TB (but's that's just because I'm nosy). Des will get upset if you start making those sort of decisions.;)

Bart
28th July 2006, 09:02 AM

Begins with D ?