PDA

View Full Version : Will Davis be recalled to Seniors this week?

barry
25th July 2006, 05:19 PM
Will Davis be recalled to Seniors this week?

Young Blood
25th July 2006, 05:24 PM
yep. he's learned his lesson. And having a bye wouldn't help his fitness.

stellation
25th July 2006, 05:36 PM
You really need a companion poll with a question along the lines of "Do you think Davis should be recalled to Seniors this week?"

barry
25th July 2006, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by stellation
You really need a companion poll with a question along the lines of "Do you think Davis should be recalled to Seniors this week?"

This poll is a combination of what you think should happen, and what you think the leadership group is thinking.

I can see that being a conundrum for many people, but hey.

ugg
25th July 2006, 05:47 PM
I think he should, but I don't think he will.

Where's the ROK option?

NMWBloods
25th July 2006, 06:11 PM
Same as ugg.

Argument will be won last week hence no need for changes.

hammo
25th July 2006, 06:14 PM
There should be an option "No - but I think he should be", which I would vote for.

Destructive
25th July 2006, 06:55 PM
Roos just said on the news that Davis had a long way to go to be sit enough to be in the seniors so I voted no.

Nico
25th July 2006, 06:57 PM
They will because they know we must put our best side on the park each from now on to shore up our position in the 8.

Guzzitza
25th July 2006, 07:18 PM
According to the following article, its possible, but seems unlikely due to "fitness"
Article (http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=60225)

Carolyn
25th July 2006, 07:20 PM
I really hope he gets recalled into the seniors sooner rather than later.

stellation
25th July 2006, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Guzzitza
According to the following article, its possible, but seems unlikely due to "fitness"
Article (http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=60225)
So is Roos planning on using him in the seniors as a forward or using him as a midfielder that will play on the ball pretty much all game and not come off at all?

ugg
25th July 2006, 07:51 PM
He's not going to get any fitter on the weekend since the reserves aren't playing.

Mike_B
25th July 2006, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by ugg
He's not going to get any fitter on the weekend since the reserves aren't playing.

Maybe they can use him as the runner for Sat night's game?

goswannie14
25th July 2006, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Mike_B
Maybe they can use him as the runner for Sat night's game? But wouldn't the players ignore him like they did when he was free in the forward line?

stellation
25th July 2006, 08:00 PM
Different strokes for different folks (http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/03/17/1079199295080.html?from=storyrhs)

Sydney coach Paul Roos said he planned to use O'Loughlin at full-forward for the first two rounds before moving him up the ground as his fitness improved.

TheHood
25th July 2006, 08:36 PM
Nick should be named in the Int. among say 5 others.

Davo will fly to Adelaide and we will know all when the final team is announced on Saturday.

Keen to see him make the team, does anyone know about Fossy's injury? Was it a calf?

liz
25th July 2006, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by ugg

It is possible for him to improve fitness other than during a game. In fact, a two week block with no game to play presents an opportunity to load the reserves players with more running work than normal in the knowledge that they don't need to be fresh to play a match at the weekend.

ROK Lobster
25th July 2006, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by stellation
Different strokes for different folks (http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/03/17/1079199295080.html?from=storyrhs) I refer you to the Swans web site where Roos is still sprouting crap.

NMWBloods
25th July 2006, 09:47 PM
"'Has he regained fitness and form in two weeks'? In my opinion, no, he hasn't."

If he's so unfit I wonder how he played so well against Freo only two weeks before?

"He is exactly the same as every player on out list."

No he's not - we play other players who aren't fully fit.

Sanecow
25th July 2006, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by TheHood
does anyone know about Fossy's injury? Was it a calf?

Corked calf. Looked like he had a tennis ball surgically implanted.

Schneiderman
25th July 2006, 10:20 PM
No and neither should he. Clearly he has some MAJOR faith-rebuilding to do. IF he can achieve that, he will be better for it and so will the team.

If not, well he's in a bad place.

"Nick was dropped to the seconds prior to him actually coming out and speaking to the media and prior to the other things we haven't brought into the public forum," Roos said prior to training on Tuesday afternoon.

Chow-Chicker
25th July 2006, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by NMWBloods
"'Has he regained fitness and form in two weeks'? In my opinion, no, he hasn't."

If he's so unfit I wonder how he played so well against Freo only two weeks before?

"He is exactly the same as every player on out list."

No he's not - we play other players who aren't fully fit.

I think the issue isn't whether he is physically fit, it's whether he is mentally fit.

Chow-Chicker
25th July 2006, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by goswannie14
But wouldn't the players ignore him like they did when he was free in the forward line?

That's actually quite clever, and funny!

swantastic
25th July 2006, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by Sanecow
Corked calf. Looked like he had a tennis ball surgically implanted. In the H/S today says 1 to 2 weeks for Fozzie.

Carolyn
25th July 2006, 10:32 PM
If Fosdike's out, then I would like to see Davis in.

goswannie14
25th July 2006, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by Chow-Chicker
That's actually quite clever, and funny! Thanks mate, it's amazing what a Bigpond enforced break from RWO can do for restoring the sense of humour.:D

cruiser
25th July 2006, 11:10 PM
Thanks mate, it's amazing what a Bigpond enforced break from RWO can do for restoring the sense of humour.:D I wondered where you'd been GS14. Welcome back!

goswannie14
25th July 2006, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by cruiser
I wondered where you'd been GS14. Welcome back! Thank you sir, It's good to be back!;)

swantastic
25th July 2006, 11:34 PM
Thank you sir Are you positive.;)