PDA

View Full Version : Schmidt Is In!!!

OldE
29th July 2006, 02:52 PM
Just heard on Fox Footy. He's replacing Fossie.

monopoly19
29th July 2006, 02:54 PM
Yay! Nice to debut in front of all his family and friends.

punter257
29th July 2006, 02:55 PM
woohoo

hope he goes alright

swansrock4eva
29th July 2006, 03:02 PM
Finally! HOORAY!

giant
29th July 2006, 03:08 PM
Great news for the kid - and his long suffering RWO fan club. Can you imagine how the poor bugger is feeling? Will be like the 40 year old virgin!!

Legs Akimbo
29th July 2006, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by giant
Great news for the kid - and his long suffering RWO fan club. Can you imagine how the poor bugger is feeling? Will be like the 40 year old virgin!!

Shame for Fossie, salt of the earth that he is, but good on Schmidt. I hope he gets some time on the ground...

The way things have transpired, hard to complain that Roos is not giving reserves opportunities, with some notable exceptions such as Spriggs.

Missy
29th July 2006, 03:24 PM
We're expecting big things from Schmitty...;)

hammo
29th July 2006, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Legs Akimbo
Shame for Fossie, salt of the earth that he is, but good on Schmidt. I hope he gets some time on the ground...

The way things have transpired, hard to complain that Roos is not giving reserves opportunities, with some notable exceptions such as Spriggs.
Yes it's finally happening but he has been forced through injury, rather than dropping people for form (except Davo). The fact our youngsters have gone so well so far is a testament to the talent we have but should also encourage Roos to give more of them a go (e.g Willo)

nomae
29th July 2006, 04:35 PM
yes! finally!!!!

liz
29th July 2006, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by hammo
Yes it's finally happening but he has been forced through injury, rather than dropping people for form (except Davo). The fact our youngsters have gone so well so far is a testament to the talent we have but should also encourage Roos to give more of them a go (e.g Willo)

Not sure I agree with that. We're a team defending a premiership. It is natural that youngsters only get a go when there are injuries. We should be hoping that our experienced players stay both fit and in form because they're the ones who are going to make the difference.

Great though it is to see some of the kids, come September, if we're to go anywhere, we need the likes of Crouch, Fossie and - yes - ND back in the side.

Jeffers1984
29th July 2006, 07:17 PM
Finally!

Tuco
29th July 2006, 08:05 PM
Pretty excited to see how he goes. Probably a good thing for him to get out on the road with the team, too (if he hasn't been an EM interstate yet already).

Schmiddy!! Knicknamed after probably the worst beverage ripoff in the history of the hospitality industry in NSW!! :D

Carolyn
29th July 2006, 08:17 PM
Yay, finally! I hope he has a great debut. :D

shole
29th July 2006, 11:34 PM
boy the kids got a big arse on him :p

swannieserin
29th July 2006, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by shole
boy the kids got a big arse on him :p

And his thighs!

Missy
29th July 2006, 11:44 PM
Well we were expecting some big things from him. ;)

dendol
29th July 2006, 11:53 PM
So how did he go? Will he keep his spot next week?

Carolyn
29th July 2006, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by dendol
So how did he go? Will he keep his spot next week? He might, not sure about Grundy though.
BRING BACK NICK DAVIS!

ugg
29th July 2006, 11:55 PM
He did okay, spent big chunks of the game on the bench. Could have kicked a goal. Fosdike still in doubt for next week, so his spot will probably rest of Fosdike's injury.

Jeffers1984
30th July 2006, 12:01 AM
Yeah not too bad from Schmidt. Even if Fossie comes back next week, i think Phillips may be demoted (even though they once again used him in the midfield when they should of planted him up forward full time.)

swantastic
30th July 2006, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by Missy
We're expecting big things from Schmitty...;) Yep we were,but he did nothing:frown

swantastic
30th July 2006, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by dendol
So how did he go? Will he keep his spot next week? Next week OUT,Grundy,Schmidt.IN Davis,Fosdike

liz
30th July 2006, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by swantastic
Next week OUT,Grundy,Schmidt.IN Davis,Fosdike

Gee, how we give up on them quickly.

The forward set-up was different this week to last, where they were playing a lot through Grundy. This time Hall was used as the primary target and Grundy was on the periphery. It didn't help that the Swans spent so much time playing kick to kick in the back half in response to Port's numbers behind the ball. Grundy is likely to be more dangerous when they can get the ball in quickly and he can get himself into a one-on-one situation.

Even though he didn't touch the ball much, he still looked pretty composed out there.

I'd be giving Grundy another game next week, and Schmidt too, if Fossie doesn't come up. If they want to find room for someone else, Phillips is probably the one to go. I like the cut of his jib but he doesn't quite look ready - and they haven't worked out how to best use him as a forward crumber.

Nico
30th July 2006, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by liz
Gee, how we give up on them quickly.

The forward set-up was different this week to last, where they were playing a lot through Grundy. This time Hall was used as the primary target and Grundy was on the periphery. It didn't help that the Swans spent so much time playing kick to kick in the back half in response to Port's numbers behind the ball. Grundy is likely to be more dangerous when they can get the ball in quickly and he can get himself into a one-on-one situation.

Even though he didn't touch the ball much, he still looked pretty composed out there.

I'd be giving Grundy another game next week, and Schmidt too, if Fossie doesn't come up. If they want to find room for someone else, Phillips is probably the one to go. I like the cut of his jib but he doesn't quite look ready - and they haven't worked out how to best use him as a forward crumber.

Gee Liz, bit early to be calling him a jib.

swantastic
30th July 2006, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by Nico
Gee Liz, bit early to be calling him a jib. I didnt know liz was a salior:confused:

NMWBloods
30th July 2006, 01:04 AM
Davis won't get in next week. Probably no changes.

swantastic
30th July 2006, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by liz
Gee, how we give up on them quickly. Yep during the week Grundy,hes the best thing since sliced bread,now hes gone moldy now back to the magoos,Schmidt people were talking like his @@@@ dont stink and i tell you it does,he was VERY so so tonight.

swantastic
30th July 2006, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by NMWBloods
Davis won't get in next week. Probably no changes. Oh yes he will Reg,Schmidt and Screwdriver gone next week.:p

JudesaGun
30th July 2006, 02:11 AM
"Give em a go, give em a go. The match committee and Paul Roos never give the young guys a go. Its the same old team, no changes, no innovation"

They play 1, 2, 3 games

"Drop em, drop em"

Bunch of hypocrites.

JudesaGun
30th July 2006, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by swantastic
Oh yes he will Reg,Schmidt and Screwdriver gone next week.:p

OUT: Bevan, Richards
In: Fosdike, Vogels

Let Davis spend another week getting over his ego!

robbieando
30th July 2006, 02:38 AM
Schmidt I think would be battling to keep his spot once Fosdike returns from injury going on tonights form, but you really can't judge a kid on a game where he was on and off the bench most of the match. Still from what I did see of him, he wasn't worried to get stuck in to get the ball so that's a good sign. However from the sounds of things it seems as though that Fosdike won't be really until at least the Demons match so he'll have next week to prove himself yet again.

Who knows?? Might end up getting 30 touches and kicking 3 goals from midfield in Best on Ground effort. Funnier things have happened.

robbieando
30th July 2006, 02:42 AM
Originally posted by JudesaGun

Let Davis spend another week getting over his ego!

Bevan's in the side as long as Crouch is out of the side and Fosdike could be another week away. Me personally I would drop, Richards for Doyle and that's about it, if we aren't going to bring Davis back in (if we are him for Phillips). Reason for Richards for Doyle is why have Richards in the side doing only rucking and basically sucking at it when we could have a real ruckman in doing the same thing, at least BETTER.

Legs Akimbo
30th July 2006, 03:23 AM
Originally posted by JudesaGun

I thought Bevan was very good tonight. Actually, I have been impressed with him over the last few weeks. Kirk got a lot of the ball but his disposal was appalling. I like the look of Phillips but just wish he'd confine himself to the forward 50. I think this too small stuff is just ridiculous. Anyone ever see a guy called Jamie Lawson?

Richards was so so. Has major problems with decision making and disposal.

The only change I would think of would be Richards for Vogels, but it ain't gunna happen.

nomae
30th July 2006, 10:44 AM
i reckon phillips was good- whenever he actually got game time and was near the ball he used it cleanly. i also reckon schmidt had a good first game- he got a bit of it and didnt look out of place. i liked bevan's game because he actually got the ball for a change. and kirky's a gun. :D

Dave
30th July 2006, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Legs Akimbo
I thought Bevan was very good tonight.

I thought he was average.

He made me very nervous with his disposal.

Ablett makes me nervous as well. Why the hell does this guy never get rid of the ball when he's tackled??

Captain
30th July 2006, 11:06 AM
Bevan was brilliant last night, how can people be calling for him to be dropped? One of the best games he has played with us.

Took some nice grabs, got a lot of the ball, looked composed etc

Jeffers1984
30th July 2006, 11:51 AM
Bevan had alot of cheap posessions due to our gameplan. Shocking short kick disposals and decision could of cost us twice, Once a shocking pass to Dempster and the other one to LRT who got a favourable bounce.

NMWBloods
30th July 2006, 11:57 AM
I thought it was one of Bevan's better games, but I'm hoping there are better players in the reserves.

Nico
30th July 2006, 03:27 PM
Watched the last Q on Fox this morning. Schmidt didn't look too bad at all. Made it to plenty of contests. Stats only showed 1 kick, I thought he had 2.

Persist with him I say at least for a couple more weeks to see if he can produce. Looks to have a future.

ugg
30th July 2006, 05:30 PM
4 kicks 4 handballs 1 behind.

Sanecow
30th July 2006, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by ugg
1 behind.

But it's the biggest on the list.

stellation
30th July 2006, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Jeffers1984
Bevan had alot of cheap posessions due to our gameplan. Shocking short kick disposals and decision could of cost us twice, Once a shocking pass to Dempster and the other one to LRT who got a favourable bounce.
He certainly did, but in all fairness to him he also had quite a few hard earnt disposals as well. I thought he actually did okay last night.

barry
30th July 2006, 06:44 PM
I think Grundy will get one more game, and Schmidt will stay for at least one more, But Phillips time is up.

If Fosdike is fit, he'll take Phillips place.
Doyle must be a chance for selection since he's got through another week uninjured ;)

I dont think Davis will be recalled yet.