PDA

View Full Version : can goodesy win another brownlow?

nomae
30th July 2006, 10:36 AM
goodesy was great as usual last night, especially that run in the second quarter i think it was where he got it out of the centre and ran to forward 50 and deserved a goal. just seeing how well he has played this year has got me thinking- can the great man win another brownlow?

satchmopugdog
30th July 2006, 10:39 AM
The report in the paper waxed lyrical about him, so it is a possibilty but Goodwin is making a goodes bid for it himself.

NMWBloods
30th July 2006, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by nomae
goodesy was great as usual last night, especially that run in the second quarter i think it was where he got it out of the centre and ran to forward 50 and deserved a goal. It deserved one but he missed it, so really you could say he didn't deserve it as he had only himself to blame.

He did a few of these magnificent runs, where he'd spin out of trouble and break clear. Superb to watch, but then let himself down more than a couple of times with disappointing disposals. Once missed a goal, once missed a target and once turned it over. In each case he'd already done all the hard work and then messed up the easy bit.

satchmopugdog
30th July 2006, 01:50 PM
Goodwin,Goodes and Gudd in a 3 way tie

swantastic
30th July 2006, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by nomae
goodesy was great as usual last night, especially that run in the second quarter i think it was where he got it out of the centre and ran to forward 50 and deserved a goal. just seeing how well he has played this year has got me thinking- can the great man win another brownlow? Is the pope polish?Of course he bloody will.

liz
30th July 2006, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by swantastic
Is the pope polish?Of course he bloody will.

I think the Pope is actually German.

Goodes can win another Brownlow but I don't think it will be this year.

swantastic
30th July 2006, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by liz

Goodes can win another Brownlow but I don't think it will be this year. German ,Polish same thing.

ROK Lobster
30th July 2006, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by liz
I think the Pope is actually German. But he gets things nice and clean.

Zlatorog
30th July 2006, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by swantastic
German ,Polish same thing.

If you lived in Europe you would get your "nuts" blown off for that.:D

swantastic
30th July 2006, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Zlatorog
If you lived in Europe you would get your "nuts" blown off for that.:D So what joke joyce.I am Aussie/Dutch i get called german all the time,i get over it.

Frog
30th July 2006, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by Zlatorog
If you lived in Europe you would get your "nuts" blown off for that.:D
In Germany, maybe ... in Poland, probably ... The rest of Europe really couldn't give a stuff.

bigswan
30th July 2006, 08:05 PM
Get back to the thread. Goodwin never polls well so he can't win. Judd, West and Brad Johnson will do well but Goodsey is right there.

NMWBloods
30th July 2006, 08:35 PM
Brad Johnson will have to go close. I'd love to see him win it. One of the best and most underrated footballers of the past decade.

GoSouth33
30th July 2006, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by NMWBloods
Brad Johnson will have to go close. I'd love to see him win it. One of the best and most underrated footballers of the past decade.

A great player, and I love his nickname.....the smiling assassin!!!

melbloods78
31st July 2006, 01:07 AM
extremely good chance. only other player in our side that will take high votes off him consistantly would be jude bolton

hammo
31st July 2006, 01:48 PM
Goodes has taken his game to a new level this year.

He was our best player for most of the losses we had mid-season so may pick up a few cheeky 1 or 2 votes in those matches.

He has been close to BOG in many others and becuase he covers so much ground will be foremost in the minds of all 3 umpires.

As the season goes on my "plunge" on him pre-season at $81 is looking even better.

goswannie14
31st July 2006, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by liz

Yep, it was the last Pope was Polish.

punter257
31st July 2006, 02:17 PM
yeah he's going well thats for sure

i too got onto the $81 at the start of the season so i'm willing him on all the way

goswannie14
31st July 2006, 02:35 PM
At the risk of being picky, shouldn't this question be,"Will Goodesy win another Brownlow?" We all know he can, but will he?

swantastic
31st July 2006, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by punter257
i too got onto the $81 at the start of the season so i'm willing him on all the way Great odds now he is at $8