PDA

View Full Version : Biased Tv Comentators (merged thread)

Roscoe
30th July 2006, 07:38 PM
I know I'm opening old wounds - but how biased are the S.A.

and W.A. Commentators. There is a thread on BIg Footy where

A sandgroper apologiser for that Cretin Tim Gossage.

Chris Mcdermott is freaking useless and hardly said a good thing

about the swans. Most of his comments were about our

1. Ball up style of play

2. Holding up possession

3. Inaccuracy in front of goals

A prime example was Goodsey's brilliant burst out of the centre

square in the 2nd quarter which just missed. Schwatta didn't go

overboard, but the other callers said nothing.

I had to laugh at the MMM commentators when the downpour

started. They were unsure whether it was rain or the feral Port

supporters spitting

sydneyswans1989
30th July 2006, 07:45 PM
I think it's robert campbel who did the fox footy game last night, his usually the biased one out of all of them.

I remember how biased he was last season when we played the crows at aami, we had a good game but he gave all credit to the crows.

Im use to it though.

punter257
30th July 2006, 07:49 PM
cmon people how about we have thicker skins

who cares what these blokes say????

TheHood
30th July 2006, 09:23 PM
"Robert Campbell" is in fact, Matthew Campbell and he is no craftsman that's for sure.

Chris McDermott is fantastic. Macca has good humour, knows good footy, uses great old speak like "good leg" and the like.

is2SWaNz
30th July 2006, 09:29 PM
i usually mute the TV and watch, but listen to the radio and MMM. Love those blokes there...they are hilarious. So i wouldn't have a clue what the other commentators have said about Swans.

NMWBloods
30th July 2006, 09:30 PM
I find MMM annoying as they are ridiculously biased.

I don't mind McDermott.

ROK Lobster
30th July 2006, 09:34 PM
I don't give a rat's arse what the commentators say really. They are entitled to be biased, my comments usually are when I watch. I'd rather see a bit or personality and passion. That said, good commentators can do that without being biased, but so what if they are. Hardly ever influences the result.

RogueSwan
30th July 2006, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by ROK Lobster
Hardly ever influences the result.
I would like to know when it has?

Maureenjenkin
31st July 2006, 12:35 PM
I thought Saturday nights commentary by Chris Mcdermott and Matthew Campbell was so biased and one sided, they were not commentating but rather barracking. For example in the first quarter when one of our players was 'caught holding the ball' - their commentary was "Surely that's holding the ball umpire" and then YESSSSSSSSSSS when it was paid. Definitely barracking and not commentating as far as I am concerned. It was shocking. Does anyone else agree.

Sanecow
31st July 2006, 12:42 PM
I didn't pay attention to their bias but they did manage to take a game of AFL and (combined with a crowd of 50 odd people) turn it into a snore-fest. Campbell, while less irritating than Blight or Walls is also less interesting than a Calculus lecture.

Jude4eva
31st July 2006, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by NMWBloods
I find MMM annoying as they are ridiculously biased.

I don't mind McDermott.

Compared to the biased Tv commentators i enjoy MMM as someone is finally going for us for once and that rarely happens on the TV coverage

Mel
31st July 2006, 01:36 PM
The WA commentators are the worst. Watching the Weagles v Crows game I really noticed it for the first time. I don't seem to notice/care when commentators are biased against the Swans. Guess I'm used to it.

Boodnutz
31st July 2006, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Sanecow
I didn't pay attention to their bias but they did manage to take a game of AFL and (combined with a crowd of 50 odd people) turn it into a snore-fest. Campbell, while less irritating than Blight or Walls is also less interesting than a Calculus lecture. Yes, calculus. What's your preference then? Precise epsilon or delta definition? The pros and cons of L'Hopital Rule?

On the subject of commentators, they're nearly all junk. Worst commentator is Stan Alves on ABC radio. While I accept he is an "expert" commentator and not actually calling the play, no-one has told Stan yet that people who are listening to the radio normally aren't at the game and can't see what he is seeing. Consequently, Stan's input revolves around comments like "Oh, no did you see that?" Or "no, umpy how can you give a decision like that?". No wonder even St. Kilda turfed him out.

Odd though, cos the best commentator/observer by far is Mark McClure and he sits right next to Alves.