PDA

View Full Version : Swans set for another September surge

Damien
31st July 2006, 06:38 PM
Swans set for another September surge (http://www.smh.com.au/news/Sport/Swans-set-for-another-September-surge/2006/07/31/1154198066221.html)

satchmopugdog
31st July 2006, 07:39 PM
Yes please.

Sanecow
31st July 2006, 07:41 PM
I've got yer September surge right here.

ROK Lobster
31st July 2006, 07:45 PM
Play like poo but get over the line against a poor side:

"It's a little bit less about how you play (nearing the finals)," Roos said.

Two weeks ago when the team blew a huge lead, and a great chance to finish top 4:

"...there's a lot of footy ahead of us and we played a lot better tonight - the best we've played in a month. It was a good effort and it could have gone either way, just like the Grand Final last year."

If a week is a long time in footy, I guess a fortnight is a long long time.

swantastic
31st July 2006, 07:49 PM
If the boys still have the yips in front of goal,i couldnt see any surge helping us lets just hope that there kicking gets better.:frown

is2SWaNz
31st July 2006, 07:52 PM
^ yes. I agree. These misses from dead easy shots are a big problem at the moment. Obviously they have to focus on these yips, and if we continue...i'm afraid to say that we wouldn't surge up into the top 4... but i know they're going to kick straight, again...soon... :(

NMWBloods
31st July 2006, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by ROK Lobster
Play like poo but get over the line against a poor side:

Two weeks ago when the team blew a huge lead, and a great chance to finish top 4:

If a week is a long time in footy, I guess a fortnight is a long long time. You have a lot to learn. A week is a long time in football. A fortnight is but a moment. A month is a lifetime and a season is fleeting.

cruiser
31st July 2006, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by NMWBloods
You have a lot to learn. A week is a long time in football. A fortnight is but a moment. A month is a lifetime and a season is fleeting. I got giddy reading that.

laughingnome
1st August 2006, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by NMWBloods
You have a lot to learn. A week is a long time in football. A fortnight is but a moment. A month is a lifetime and a season is fleeting.
Well said.

goswannie14
1st August 2006, 09:21 AM
On ABC radio, they were commenting on the Lions in their three premiership years. The comment was along the lines of Brisbane only doing what was necessary to get to September. When they got there, it was then game on.

NMWBloods
1st August 2006, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by goswannie14
On ABC radio, they were commenting on the Lions in their three premiership years. The comment was along the lines of Brisbane only doing what was necessary to get to September. When they got there, it was then game on. I wouldn't agree with that.

In 2003 they were only outside the top 4 for 3 weeks of the season.

In 2002 after round 1 (when they were 4th) they were in the top 2 for the rest of the season, most of the time on top.

In 2001, after a lacklustre start they won the last 13 games in a row by an average of 39 points and only once kicked less than 13 goals.

Their percentage was over 130% in 2002 and 2001, and over 120% in 2003.