PDA

View Full Version : Looks likely Davis is to return for Dee's game

DST
6th August 2006, 10:17 PM
http://www.theage.com.au/news/Sport/Roos-drops-hint-Davis-may-soon-return/2006/08/06/1154802743291.html

If he has dropped the weight, increased his fitness and has got his head screwed on properly then it's just about the perfect time to re-insert him back into the forward line for the next two games.

DST
:D

goswannie14
6th August 2006, 10:27 PM
Sounds like good news on both ND and Crouch.

Carolyn
6th August 2006, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by DST
http://www.theage.com.au/news/Sport/Roos-drops-hint-Davis-may-soon-return/2006/08/06/1154802743291.html

If he has dropped the weight, increased his fitness and has got his head screwed on properly then it's just about the perfect time to re-insert him back into the forward line for the next two games.

DST
:D Yes!:D

ugg
6th August 2006, 10:35 PM
A lot of handy ins in the next few weeks:

In: Crouch, Mathews, Davis, Buchanan, Doyle?
Out: Bevan, Dempster, Phillips, Schmidt, Richards?

Nico
6th August 2006, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by ugg
A lot of handy ins in the next few weeks:

In: Crouch, Mathews, Davis, Buchanan, Doyle?
Out: Bevan, Dempster, Phillips, Schmidt, Richards?

Mathews hasn't played for weeks. Keep Schmidt in.
Dempster also likes the "G".

swantastic
6th August 2006, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Nico
Mathews hasn't played for weeks. Keep Schmidt in.
Dempster also likes the "G". Agree,Savis will be back in for certain.

Snowy
6th August 2006, 11:31 PM
Even slightly unfit I still find it hard to believe he wasn't in the best 22 as stated by Roos. He must rate some of the 'duds' rather better than many fans.

jenky28
6th August 2006, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by goswannie14
Sounds like good news on both ND and Crouch.

YAY my boy might be back this week i havent had a happier moment in weeks. Not getting my hopes up though.

Does any1 know what time the gates open sat?

PerthSwannie
7th August 2006, 12:23 AM
Nicky will be back this week, and he`ll rip those Dee`s to shreds. Just hope we can get a telecast over here!! Free to air`s not on, and Foxtel is doubtful.

ugg
7th August 2006, 01:47 AM
Roos is ready to end Davis exile (http://www.smh.com.au/news/afl/roos-is-ready-to-end-davis-exile/2006/08/06/1154802755414.html?page=fullpage#contentSwap1)

In an ideal world, we'd like to bring in another ruckman. Both Paul Chambers and Doyley are probably, in terms of fitness and form, neck and neck.

swantastic
7th August 2006, 07:01 AM
ND here (http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,20038251%255E19742,00.html)

ScottH
7th August 2006, 07:24 AM
If Doyle is really up to it, I think it is a very timely inclusion against White. He has been in terrific form, and with support from Jamar, we really need an extra ruckman this week.

Crouch's pace will be an added advantage.

And of course, Davis will be back for the Cats game. Could be a real phsycological advantage.

garethb83
7th August 2006, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by ugg
Roos is ready to end Davis exile (http://www.smh.com.au/news/afl/roos-is-ready-to-end-davis-exile/2006/08/06/1154802755414.html?page=fullpage#contentSwap1)

Love that caption on the photo... Definitely looks like Hally to me rather than Adam Goodes?:confused:

mocaholic
7th August 2006, 10:23 AM
And it looks like Crouch has got over his strained mystery. Must have only been a grade two mystery tear.

barry
7th August 2006, 10:37 AM
Sounds like we will take a 2nd ruck to Melbourne, unless its raining.

Doyle v Chambers. Doyle has potentially more upside (better player), but more downside (could get injured in a final).
Chambers was our designated 2nd ruck before the season started and his 2nd's form has been good, so he's probably improved on his first half of the year form.

If it was me, I'd take a punt with Doyle. Chambers is "AFL ready", so he can easily be recalled if Doyle breaks down.

Davis in for Phillips. "Auskick" has had a good run, but isnt in our finals equation. I still think they may hold Davis back until the Geelong game, but with Phillips needing a rest, not too many options there.

Buchanan should come in if fit, but with Goldern Staph he could be indefinate.

Crouch needs another run in the 2's. With no Davey, there is less pressure to play him.

Vogels is starting to press for Grundy's spot this week.

I think there will only be two changes this week:
In: Doyle, Buchanan
Out: Richards, Phillips.

goswannie14
7th August 2006, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by garethb83
Love that caption on the photo... Definitely looks like Hally to me rather than Adam Goodes?:confused: Dunno about that, about the same height as Goodes, and he's wearing a Swans jumper.:o

RogueSwan
7th August 2006, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by goswannie14
Dunno about that, about the same height as Goodes, and he's wearing a Swans jumper.:o
But the swan in the photo isn't wearing a glove, that's how you can tell if it's Goodes or not.

hammo
7th August 2006, 12:55 PM
Sheahan's observations today on Donkey are timely -

"Doyle is the interesting proposition.

He hasn't played a game this year after just one in 2005, but, for those of us with long memories, he can play.

He represents an amazing show of faith in the modern game -- 40 games in seven seasons, but he stands 204cm, can ruck and play forward."

source (http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,20040080%255E19773,00.html)

For mine Donkey should come in for Richards, Davo for Phillips and Crouch / Buchanan (when he's right) for Bevan / Dempster & Schmidt.

I said before last year's finals that Davo would be the wildcard for us. Now I am going to go out on a limb and say that Donkey will be our wildcard this year.

RogueSwan
7th August 2006, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by hammo
Now I am going to go out on a limb and say that Donkey will be our wildcard this year.
I think it would be wild if Donkey didn't break a limb.

ROK Lobster
7th August 2006, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by RogueSwan
But the swan in the photo isn't wearing a glove, that's how you can tell if it's Goodes or not. It's out of focus, but I think Goodes is about 3rd row back, put in another sterling effort with the fans after being rotated off for a spell.

elroy67
7th August 2006, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by barry
Sounds like we will take a 2nd ruck to Melbourne, unless its raining.

If it was me, I'd take a punt with Doyle. Chambers is "AFL ready", so he can easily be recalled if Doyle breaks down.

Agree. Given the Dees have White, Holland and Jamar all at over 195cm, this surely is the game to give Doyle a go.

Jeffers1984
7th August 2006, 02:30 PM
Kirk has to put the absolute brakes on Brock Mclean. He tears us up every single time we've played them.

Ruck'n'Roll
7th August 2006, 03:16 PM
Ted Richards your time is up, Donk must return!!!!!

Other than that, I can't see anyone other than Davis and Crouch coming in. Simon the work experience lad's had three games (which I think is enough for 2006) and Schmidt is just minding someone's place atm.
Grundy put in a good first half so he should be reasonably safe, although Vogels did well again in the 2's and has the ability to play forward or back.

nomae
7th August 2006, 06:45 PM
either this week or sometime soon....
in: davis doyle buchy crouch
out: richards phillips schmidt bevan
wouldnt it be funny if davo returned for the cats match? :D

swantastic
7th August 2006, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by garethb83
Love that caption on the photo... Definitely looks like Hally to me rather than Adam Goodes?:confused: Sydney papers do it again,do they know there head from there arse?Has Goodsey been taking Micheal Jackson tablets again?