PDA

View Full Version : Should we be Concerned?

originalswan
8th August 2006, 10:33 AM
Looking over the results over the season I notice that we have only beaten two teams that are in the top 8!!! That is Fremantle and the Bulldogs. We are yet to post a win over the REAL contenders - Should we be concerned?

I just hope that we can beat the Demons this week to alleviate the fear that we cannot perform against GOOD opposition.

Danzar
8th August 2006, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by originalswan
Looking over the results over the season I notice that we have only beaten two teams that are in the top 8!!! That is Fremantle and the Bulldogs. We are yet to post a win over the REAL contenders - Should we be concerned?

I just hope that we can beat the Demons this week to alleviate the fear that we cannot perform against GOOD opposition.
Of course we should be concerned. Sydney's problem all year is that the hunger wasn't there.

Without the hunger a talented team may still scrape over the line against sub-standard opposition. But against quality opposition you stand no chance.

This will be a concern right up until season end, when we'll truly know if they were hungry enough.

Aside from that, we're a good chance against the Dees this weekend provided we get our team right. With the new blood playing senior footy now, roles will need to be clearly defined, along with the right match-ups.

(I must check on when Davey and Pickett are due to return......)

573v30
8th August 2006, 10:47 AM
You have to concerned, but since we're sitting on 4th at the moment, I'm not too concerned. Melbourne aren't looking too good at the moment with key players injured, Sydney beat them last time at the MCG and I'm expecting the same thing again. If the other contenders have a form slump and the Swans are on the rise coming into the finals series, then we are a real chance to take the flag again...

Plugger46
8th August 2006, 11:21 AM
Lost to Melbourne, West Coast and St.Kilda all by under a goal. The Crows are the only side, who have outclassed us. The fact that we've been close to the other three, suggests to me that we're around the mark.

punter257
8th August 2006, 01:11 PM
wouldnt read much into it - it just means that we'll beat them when it matters in september :)

Sanecow
8th August 2006, 01:14 PM
i'll be really impressed if you can somehow manufacture a wooden spoon for us from this position. Everything else in this thread is pointless.

dendol
8th August 2006, 02:44 PM
There is an actual point. Your loss if you can't see it.

Sanecow
8th August 2006, 02:59 PM
I giggled.

dendol
8th August 2006, 03:04 PM
Like a schoolgirl, i bet

Sanecow
8th August 2006, 03:10 PM
I'd rather not say.

CureTheSane
8th August 2006, 03:18 PM
I'd rather be pulling it our in the finals than one of the teams who loses form under the brighter lights.

I have faith that the team will suddenly be very hungry in a few weeks time.....

One thing they would have learnt is that it's the finals that matter.

Half of the competition makes the finals.
If you finish top 4 you have a big chance.

big bear
8th August 2006, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by Plugger46
Lost to Melbourne, West Coast and St.Kilda all by under a goal. The Crows are the only side, who have outclassed us. The fact that we've been close to the other three, suggests to me that we're around the mark.

My feelings exactly. Also bear in mind we just lost to Weagles (thanks Maclaren). Soon after the same Weagles thrashed Adelaide. We are around the mark and this week should confirm this with a win over Melbourne. We should be confident. If Carlton can do it why can't we.

Slick Swans
8th August 2006, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by originalswan
Looking over the results over the season I notice that we have only beaten two teams that are in the top 8!!!

But from where we are positioned you only need to beat two top 8 teams to make the grand final.

originalswan
8th August 2006, 10:47 PM
Hmmm Are they looking at this site a little closer than I thought???

http://sydneyswans.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=287573

PerthSwannie
8th August 2006, 11:18 PM
The Boys know what they`re doing!! If we don`t beat the Demonics on Saturday, then we may as well pack up our bags. I have the utmost confidence in them.

The only thing I`m pissed off about is that " I CAN`T WATCH THE BLOODY GAME ON TELE.. . Just radio.AAaaaaaahhhhhhh!

Goal Sneak
9th August 2006, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by Plugger46
The Crows are the only side, who have outclassed us.
I was at the Collingwood game and we were nowhere near them when it counted in that match. ie the first 3 quarters

Nolie
9th August 2006, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by PerthSwannie
The Boys know what they`re doing!! If we don`t beat the Demonics on Saturday, then we may as well pack up our bags. I have the utmost confidence in them.

The only thing I`m pissed off about is that " I CAN`T WATCH THE BLOODY GAME ON TELE.. . Just radio.AAaaaaaahhhhhhh!

Your joking - is it not on Fox?

PerthSwannie
9th August 2006, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by Nolie
Your joking - is it not on Fox?

You better believe it!!

It looks like fox are showing nothing through the day and then both Fox and Ch10 are gunna show the bloody WC game. Maybe the radio will have the game but if not then it`s the Net!

What are you gunna do Jeff? If it`s the radio, then come round and we`ll sink some beers on the front veranda and listen in.

Sanecow
9th August 2006, 02:13 AM
You better believe it!!

It looks like fox are showing nothing through the day and then both Fox and Ch10 are gunna show the bloody WC game. Maybe the radio will have the game but if not then it`s the Net!

What are you gunna do Jeff? If it`s the radio, then come round and we`ll sink some beers on the front veranda and listen in.

Where do you get your information? foxtel.com.au says:

12.00pm Live: Rnd 19 Melbourne v Sydney Rnd 19 Melbourne v Sydney
AFL. A massive Top 4 showdown, with the loser at risk of tumbling out. These teams have gone win-loss in their last 6 meetings Melbourne sneaking home in Rd.4. The Dees are 9-0 at the MCG this year, while Sydney have won their last 4 there. (PG) (W/S)

PerthSwannie
9th August 2006, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by Sanecow
Where do you get your information? foxtel.com.au says:

Show us the link? Is a difference? West and East?

This is what I get on Fox`s site (12.00pm Live: FOX Footy's Saturday Central
AFL. Join AFL Legends Jason Dunstall and Wayne Carey for the must-see build-up to Saturday footy including analysis of Friday's game and all the action ahead, and EXCLUSIVE interviews in the lead-up to FOX Footy's LIVE Saturday game coverage. (PG) (W/S)
4.00pm Live: Rnd 19 WC Eagles v Kangaroos Rnd 19 WC Eagles v Kangaroos
AFL. West Coast have secured their Top 2 berth with two big wins in the last fortnight. The Roos are out of finals calculations, but have won 5 of their last 7 to gain some confidence. Can they use it to engineer a huge upset win in Perth? (PG) (W/S)

Sanecow
9th August 2006, 02:32 AM
Try this:

http://foxtel.com.au/ExtendedProgramInformation.aspx?peye=139548457

PerthSwannie
9th August 2006, 02:45 AM
Originally posted by Sanecow
Try this:

http://foxtel.com.au/ExtendedProgramInformation.aspx?peye=139548457

Yo..........

Howd you find that?

Sanecow
9th August 2006, 12:15 PM
Yo..........

Howd you find that?

I used the TV Guide feature:

http://www.foxtel.com.au/TVGuide.aspx

Search: 12 / 08 / 06 | All Day | Fox Footy WA.

j s
9th August 2006, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by big bear
If Carlton can do it why can't we.
Comparing us to Carlton now are you? ;)

JF_Bay22_SCG
9th August 2006, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Danzar
Of course we should be concerned. Sydney's problem all year is that the hunger wasn't there.

Without the hunger a talented team may still scrape over the line against sub-standard opposition. But against quality opposition you stand no chance.

This will be a concern right up until season end, when we'll truly know if they were hungry enough.

I get a 6th sense as to how hungry the players really are will be indicated on Saturday. Even if Melbourne are 3rd on the ladder, they just DO NOT scare me at all. They are notorious end of season collapsers & are equally notorious in being rather soft when placed under the pump. Plus we ALWAYS beat them in Melbourne!

We are starting to get key players back into the team & fit. And have really only been in cruise mode over the last two weeks ago against rather medicore opposition.

Watch for us to really play heaps better against Melbourne. And to be mentally alert & switched on from the outset. And if we are, watch for our sloppy goalkicking to almostly instantly rectified. And if Davis plays, watch for him to figure prominantly. (If he doesm I will be pleased & will give him 100% support too, as strange as that may sound.)

I expect to win on Saturday. I just think Melbourne are there for the taking.

JF

Matt79
9th August 2006, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by JF_Bay22_SCG
I get a 6th sense as to how hungry the players really are will be indicated on Saturday. Even if Melbourne are 3rd on the ladder, they just DO NOT scare me at all. They are notorious end of season collapsers & are equally notorious in being rather soft when placed under the pump. Plus we ALWAYS beat them in Melbourne!

We are starting to get key players back into the team & fit. And have really only been in cruise mode over the last two weeks ago against rather medicore opposition.

Watch for us to really play heaps better against Melbourne. And to be mentally alert & switched on from the outset. And if we are, watch for our sloppy goalkicking to almostly instantly rectified. And if Davis plays, watch for him to figure prominantly. (If he doesm I will be pleased & will give him 100% support too, as strange as that may sound.)

I expect to win on Saturday. I just think Melbourne are there for the taking.

JF

Totally agree JF. For some strange reason for such an important game I feel very calm and at ease. I think the Swannies are warming up nicely and providing we play at our best, Melbourne will be beaten.

Cannot wait to fly down Saturday morning! The weather forecast is fine 16 degrees for Melb. on Sat. BRING IT ON!

punter257
9th August 2006, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Matt79
Totally agree JF. For some strange reason for such an important game I feel very calm and at ease. I think the Swannies are warming up nicely and providing we play at our best, Melbourne will be beaten.

Cannot wait to fly down Saturday morning! The weather forecast is fine 16 degrees for Melb. on Sat. BRING IT ON!

Love the optimism mate - i'm very confident with us on the MCG these days and i'm looking forward to a great victory