PDA

View Full Version : Tickets for the Melbourne game.

cruiser
9th August 2006, 02:58 PM
Does anyone have any idea how sales are going? Will there be general admission seats available on the first tier at the Ponsford end (those lovely padded seats :D )?

Matt79
9th August 2006, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by cruiser
Does anyone have any idea how sales are going? Will there be general admission seats available on the first tier at the Ponsford end (those lovely padded seats :D )?

From reading Bigfooty posts, many are predicting a crowd of between 30 - 40,000 meaning planty of walk up general admission seats.

This game deserves more than 40,000 so here's hoping many footy followers in Bleak city get out and watch some great footy.

NMWBloods
9th August 2006, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Matt79
This game deserves more than 40,000 so here's hoping many footy followers in Bleak cityGame's not in Canberra...

get out and watch some great footy. I thought the Swans were playing...

Matt79
9th August 2006, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by NMWBloods

I thought the Swans were playing...

I enjoy watching them play.

hammo
9th August 2006, 03:38 PM
The forecast is for fine weather as well

dendol
9th August 2006, 04:32 PM
whats the snow forecast for this weekend?

tawfiq
9th August 2006, 05:08 PM
hey does anyone know where the majority of the swans supporters will be sitting for saturdays blockbuster? i would like to go, but being with opposition supporters might end up a bit ugly, so i would like to be surrounded by swans supporters.

Grant
9th August 2006, 05:11 PM
Bottom deck,ponsford stand.

DST
9th August 2006, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by tawfiq
hey does anyone know where the majority of the swans supporters will be sitting for saturdays blockbuster? i would like to go, but being with opposition supporters might end up a bit ugly, so i would like to be surrounded by swans supporters.

Bottom deck of the Ponsford, it's where the cheer squad will be and most of the supporters.

There will also be next to no Melbourne supporters as they will be in the MCC or in the bottom level of the Olympic Stand where their membership section is.

DST
:D

swantastic
9th August 2006, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by dendol
whats the snow forecast for this weekend? Lots of snow=No melbourne supporters.

tawfiq
9th August 2006, 06:41 PM
sorry this will be my first time going to the mcg to watch the footy, can someone tell me appromixately how much the tickets will cost for the ground level, for level 2 and for the other levels, please, thanks

JF_Bay22_SCG
9th August 2006, 07:05 PM
sorry this will be my first time going to the mcg to watch the footy, can someone tell me appromixately how much the tickets will cost for the ground level, for level 2 and for the other levels, please, thanks

GA level 1 seating is $16.95. The best value for top level sport you could get anywhere in the 1st world I reckon! (We pay $29.50 for GA in Sydney, WHY!!!!)

Seriously,bring a Pom to a game and watch them freak when you say you can see a game at a 100000 capacity stadium for under GBP 7. Then tell him that the tickets are unreserved, you sit around opposition fans without a problem & can have a beer at your seat & they will either become totally bewildered with culture shock or will have the biggest grin on their faces you ever have seen (before hopefully buying you drinks all day! :D )

JF

tawfiq
9th August 2006, 07:28 PM
so it would cost me 16.95 for seats at the Bottom deck of the Ponsford?,
sorry im a bit of a newbie when it comes to buying tickets...lol

swantastic
9th August 2006, 07:40 PM
so it would cost me 16.95 for seats at the Bottom deck of the Ponsford?,
sorry im a bit of a newbie when it comes to buying tickets...lol Gee you have never been to the MCG,where have you been hiding?and you come from melbourne.

elroy67
9th August 2006, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by JF_Bay22_SCG

Seriously,bring a Pom to a game and watch them freak when you say you can see a game at a 100000 capacity stadium for under GBP 7. Then tell him that the tickets are unreserved, you sit around opposition fans without a problem & can have a beer at your seat & they will either become totally bewildered with culture shock or will have the biggest grin on their faces you ever have seen (before hopefully buying you drinks all day! :D )

JF

Did this a few years ago, although my Pom was a Scotsman who was a Celtic member. We even got to have a kick in the middle of the ground after the game, in our slighlty drunken manner, courtesy of him buying all the drinks!!

Claret
9th August 2006, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by swantastic
Gee you have never been to the MCG,where have you been hiding?and you come from melbourne.

Don't worry about him Tawfiq.

Personally I'm not sure about the prices for the various levels but if JF says that they are $16.95 on Level 1 then I'd take his word for it. The beauty of the MCG during the H & A season is that you can generally just turn up on the day, the queues aren't too bad, and the signs explaining ticketing are self explanatory.

So come along on Saturday, bring your mates, and help us cheer the Red and White home!!

goswannie14
9th August 2006, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by Claret

Personally I'm not sure about the prices for the various levels but if JF says that they are $16.95 on Level 1 then I'd take his word for it. The beauty of the MCG during the H & A season is that you can generally just turn up on the day, the queues aren't too bad, and the signs explaining ticketing are self explanatory.

So come along on Saturday, bring your mates, and help us cheer the Red and White home!! All the GA is the same pricing whether you are on level 1, 2 or 3. There will be plenty of red and white around the ground, but it seems like the greater concentration will be at the city end (Ponsford Stand).

swantastic
9th August 2006, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Claret

So come along on Saturday, bring your mates, and help us cheer the Red and White home!! It was a simple question claret,and why do you always seem to have a crack at me at every opportunity,if you have a problem spit it out or shut the hell up.

NMWBloods
9th August 2006, 08:28 PM
sorry this will be my first time going to the mcg to watch the footy, can someone tell me appromixately how much the tickets will cost for the ground level, for level 2 and for the other levels, please, thanks http://afl.com.au/default.asp?pg=matchdetails&spg=tickets&articleid=287014

ScottH
9th August 2006, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by dendol
whats the snow forecast for this weekend? Zip!!
30 - 40 cms

tawfiq
9th August 2006, 08:32 PM
lol, ive been hiding away from everything, nah actually the thought of going to a football game never occurred to me and im only 17 at the moment. when i first went to the richmond game, several rounds ago at the telstra dome, i luved it and i want to be part of the same atmosphere again, thanks for the info guys

goswannie14
9th August 2006, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by ScottH
Zip!!
30 - 40 cms That means there will be even more seats available.;)

swantastic
9th August 2006, 08:37 PM
lol, ive been hiding away from everything, nah actually the thought of going to a football game never occurred to me and im only 17 at the moment. when i first went to the richmond game, several rounds ago at the telstra dome, i luved it and i want to be part of the same atmosphere again, thanks for the info guys Good on ya tawfig the more the merrier,dont get lost at the"G".Dont forget alot of swan supporters sit up at the Ponsford end .Since your only 17 get ya parents to pay for it,tell em its $50.;)

swantastic
9th August 2006, 08:40 PM
Zip!!
30 - 40 cms Said on news tonight that there will be man made snow and thats it.Its been pretty light on for snow,dont know why silly people want to go some where its cold not my idea of a holiday. :eek:

tawfiq
9th August 2006, 08:41 PM
lol, im 17, but 17 these days are more responsible, i wont be going with my parents lol, ill be with some cousins and some friends, and yeh its good that we have more supporters there, that way we can lift our team and make it feel like a home game

swantastic
9th August 2006, 08:44 PM
lol, im 17, but 17 these days are more responsible, i wont be going with my parents lol, ill be with some cousins and some friends, and yeh its good that we have more supporters there, that way we can lift our team and make it feel like a home game I didnt mean go with your parents,i ment hit em up for sum spondoolies before you leave for the game.:)

tawfiq
9th August 2006, 08:49 PM
yeh i realised it after i posted, sorry, lol

ScottH
9th August 2006, 08:54 PM
yeh i realised it after i posted, sorry, lol If that doesn't work, Uncle swantastic will fix you up.

swantastic
9th August 2006, 08:57 PM
If that doesn't work, Uncle swantastic will fix you up.
Just here to help

cruiser
9th August 2006, 09:15 PM
That should be in your signature block swantastic.

swantastic
9th August 2006, 09:28 PM
That should be in your signature block swantastic. Cruiser thanks for the idea:D

Frog
9th August 2006, 09:28 PM
I have one extra adult membership and 4 junior memberships if someone wants to use them - My brother is going to Brisbane (for work) and won't use them ... pm me if interested.

First in, first served ... :)

Nico
9th August 2006, 10:00 PM

There are plenty of ugly Swans supporters too you know.

swantastic
9th August 2006, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by Nico
There are plenty of ugly Swans supporters too you know. No theres not we are all good.:D

FredFlintstone
9th August 2006, 10:17 PM
Can any experienced MCG attendees please tell which side of the stadium the sun sets? More importantly if i choose to sit in the ponsford stand will i be sitting directly in the sun? Would really like to keep warm on a Melbourne winter afternoon throughout the match.

ROK Lobster
9th August 2006, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by FredFlintstone
Can any experienced MCG attendees please tell which side of the stadium the sun sets? Usually on the west.

goswannie14
9th August 2006, 10:20 PM
Can any experienced MCG attendees please tell which side of the stadium the sun sets? More importantly if i choose to sit in the ponsford stand will i be sitting directly in the sun? Would really like to keep warm on a Melbourne winter afternoon throughout the match. No, to be in the sun you will need to be in the Southern Stand. The Ponsford Stand, used to be called the Western Stand, so the sun sets behind it.

FredFlintstone
9th August 2006, 10:22 PM
thanks ROK, but what stand is on the western side?

ROK Lobster
9th August 2006, 10:23 PM
thanks ROK, but what stand is on the western side? I dunno. GS14 ^ will help you out.

FredFlintstone
9th August 2006, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by goswannie14
No, to be in the sun you will need to be in the Southern Stand. The Ponsford Stand, used to be called the Western Stand, so the sun sets behind it.

thanks heaps GS14! Much appreciated.

NMWBloods
9th August 2006, 10:27 PM
Can any experienced MCG attendees please tell which side of the stadium the sun sets? More importantly if i choose to sit in the ponsford stand will i be sitting directly in the sun? Would really like to keep warm on a Melbourne winter afternoon throughout the match. The goals at the city end is the west. It's going to be 16deg and sunny on Saturday.

JF_Bay22_SCG
9th August 2006, 10:39 PM
There are plenty of ugly Swans supporters too you know.

Speak for yourself! I'm fabulously attractive! :D ;)

JF (seeing how long it will take for the far uglier Yabbie & Moo to be reeled in this time ;) )

ScottH
10th August 2006, 07:04 AM
There are plenty of ugly Swans supporters too you know. I'm sure you're not that bad Nico. :p

jazzamcc
10th August 2006, 10:54 PM

Level 2 (N Sections) are not in the GA area for Saturday's game.
Here is what is GA:

Great Southern Stand

M1 to M10

P1 to P8

Q15 ? to Q1

Ponsford Stand

M29 to M36

Q29 to Q36

Olympic Stand

Q49 to Q57

dazza
11th August 2006, 02:30 PM
Hey Jf

Are u going to the game on Sat afternoon ?

I am saving my money for the finals when the Swans have to travel away to play either in Perth or Adelaide

I really hope they beat Melbourne on sat afternoon

We will wait and see

tawfiq
11th August 2006, 06:32 PM
can i just ask why level 1 GA and level 3 GA cost the same? there is a big difference, for starters, level 1 is much closer to the action. anyone know a reason for the same price for level 1 and level 3 GA?

goswannie14
11th August 2006, 06:35 PM
can i just ask why level 1 GA and level 3 GA cost the same? there is a big difference, for starters, level 1 is much closer to the action. anyone know a reason for the same price for level 1 and level 3 GA? I think you will find it's because it is genmeral admission. No reserved seats. You actually get a better view of the game from L3, although you are closer to the action in L1.

goswannie14
11th August 2006, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by jazzamcc
Level 2 (N Sections) are not in the GA area for Saturday's game. I wonder if that is because that is where the Swans after match is being held.

tawfiq
11th August 2006, 06:39 PM
ok, where will the majority of the swans supporters be sitting?, LEVEL 1 or Level 3 of the ponsford stand?

goswannie14
11th August 2006, 08:20 PM
ok, where will the majority of the swans supporters be sitting?, LEVEL 1 or Level 3 of the ponsford stand? Probably either.

DST
11th August 2006, 10:02 PM
ok, where will the majority of the swans supporters be sitting?, LEVEL 1 or Level 3 of the ponsford stand?

Level 1.

Depending on crowd numbers you may find no one upstairs except supporter who like to get that elevated view of the game.

Just rock up, pay your $16.95 and sit anywhere from M28 to M36.

DST
:D