PDA

View Full Version : Doyle probably; Davis not yet

liz
10th August 2006, 02:25 AM
According to the Australian, anyway. Also indicates that Crouch will play another week in the twos but Monty should be back this week.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,20867,20074472-36035,00.html

smasher
10th August 2006, 06:40 AM
I read in the early paper today that Roosy is content with the team that has been playing and will not be bringing "naughty Nick" back into the seniors this week.Roosy feels he needs another full game in the magoos.
Davis will come back very hungry for the finals,one would hope.

ROK Lobster
10th August 2006, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by smasher

Davis will come back very hungry for the finals,one would hope. Or become disillusioned, pissed off and feel that he owes nothing to the coach/leadership group that are obviously punishing him. Roos, for all my dislike of him, is a very good coach. I hope he is reading and managing this situation well, because Sydney are a better side with a firing Nick Davis (unless of course they want him to walk).

Bart
10th August 2006, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by ROK Lobster
Sydney are a better side with a firing Nick Davis

Agree. And worse side with a lazy unfit disinterested one.

goswannie14
10th August 2006, 08:35 AM
Ridiculous.

I'm with you ROK in saying Roos is a very good coach, but it almost seems that he has put this one in the too hard basket.

Mike_B
10th August 2006, 08:59 AM
Sydney are a better side with a firing Nick Davis (unless of course they want him to walk).

No, they most definitely don't want him to walk. It's why they ropped him to the 2s - he was doing too much walking in the 1s as it was!

Jeffers1984
10th August 2006, 09:12 AM
Geelong will be his week. Can you imagine the boos he will receive from the sleepy hollow ferals next week.

Snowy
10th August 2006, 09:36 AM
[
Davis will come back very hungry for the finals,one would hope. [/B][/QUOTE]

That's the theory but it's a bit hard to expect someone who's been playing at reserves level to come back and start magically performing in finals. I expect that should be the preserve of those who are deemed good enough to get a regular game. You need a solid six weeks or so of hardening in the seniors leading into the finals which go up a notch. I don't expect any miracles from Davis.

Ruck'n'Roll
10th August 2006, 10:02 AM
Doyle=Donk=Fuse

"Once he lost a game of table tennis and threw the bat through the wardrobe and then his fist went through as well"
Not a Jolly ruckman :D

JF_Bay22_SCG
10th August 2006, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by smasher
Davis will come back very hungry for the finals,one would hope.

You'd like to think so, wouldn't you? But having seen bits of him in the 2s in past weeks, he looked like he didn't really want to be out there much. Kicked the odd goal here or there, but was still rather disinterested in chasing opponents out of defence.

If that is the case then he does NOT deserve a place in the seniors.

JF

Mike_B
10th August 2006, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by JF_Bay22_SCG
You'd like to think so, wouldn't you? But having seen bits of him in the 2s in past weeks, he looked like he didn't really want to be out there much. Kicked the odd goal here or there, but was still rather disinterested in chasing opponents out of defence.

JF

I don't think you can judge him by his perceived level of interest, especially considering the standard. The reason he was sent back to the 2s was to get fit again and the simple indicator should be is he match fit, because when fit, he is easily in our best 22.

swantastic
10th August 2006, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Mike_B
I don't think you can judge him by his perceived level of interest, especially considering the standard. The reason he was sent back to the 2s was to get fit again and the simple indicator should be is he match fit, because when fit, he is easily in our best 22. I disagree a little Mike he should at least look like he is intrested.He should be chasing opponents down tackling hard and that will give him his match fitness.As my old boss used to say"If you have nothing to do dont walk around with your hands in your pockets,because then i will know you have nothing to do at least look like you are busy even if you have nothing to do"Yes when ND is fit and firing he is easly in our best 22.

NMWBloods
10th August 2006, 10:51 AM
This "look like you're doing something even if you're not" is a load of crap. Wasn't too hard for Mathews and Richards to get back into the seniors. Davis is getting fitter, getting plenty of the ball and kicking goals. When a second-rate team wins by 20+ goals it's hard to get too excited about running down and tackling people, possibly risking injury.

If Davis doesn't come back next week they will be leaving it too late for him to have a meaningful impact in finals IMO, and without Davis our team is not quite as good and that 'not quite' may be all the difference - it would have been last year.

stellation
10th August 2006, 11:02 AM

JF
Turn up earlier than 5 minutes to go in the 4th quarter. In all fairness to him it is a hassle to hug the cheersquad and have a chat with them when he is down the other end of the ground.

swantastic
10th August 2006, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by NMWBloods
This "look like you're doing something even if you're not" it's hard to get too excited about running down and tackling people, possibly risking injury. NMW havnt you ever herd that before its true if you are look/busy the boss/coach will notice.Even if you are 20 goals up shouldnt you still be doing the 1%'s,a winning team is a ruthless team dont just kill em bury em as well.

NMWBloods
10th August 2006, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by swantastic
NMW havnt you ever herd that before its true if you are look/busy the boss/coach will notice. Of course I have and it's a load of @@@@.

Even if you are 20 goals up shouldnt you still be doing the 1%'s,a winning team is a ruthless team dont just kill em bury em as well. For what purpose?

NMWBloods
10th August 2006, 12:15 PM
...but was still rather disinterested in chasing opponents out of defence.

Hall, MOL, Kennelly, and Richards are hardly outstanding at chasing opponents down and tackling them.

swantastic
10th August 2006, 12:15 PM
Davis (http://www.smh.com.au/news/afl/davis-stays-in-the-doghouse-for-another-week/2006/08/09/1154802962781.html)

swantastic
10th August 2006, 12:20 PM
Of course I have and it's a load of @@@@.

For what purpose? We will have to agree to disagree.The purpose of it is to show that you have no mercy.Thats why good teams turn in to great teams Bribane Lions/Australian Cricket team under Steve Waugh.Even when the opposition are down you have to kick em in the guts.

NMWBloods
10th August 2006, 12:20 PM
the Swans' match committee is loath to make too many changes to a team that has won its past three gamesYes, that winning formula to beat Essendon, Richmond and Port is something you don't want to lose...

NMWBloods
10th August 2006, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by swantastic
We will have to agree to disagree.The purpose of it is to show that you have no mercy.Thats why good teams turn in to great teams Bribane Lions/Australian Cricket team under Steve Waugh.Even when the opposition are down you have to kick em in the guts. It's Reserves!!!! It's like making sure you destroy a couple of 9 year olds when playing Monopoly!!

The most likely outcome of intense tackling when the game is done and dusted is for Davis to get an injury.

hammo
10th August 2006, 12:28 PM
I agree with Roos on the point you don't want to make too many changes at once.

However if Phillips continues to get a game ahead of Davo then the match committee must be smoking some weird stuff in those selection meetings.

Tuco
10th August 2006, 12:39 PM
I think the symmetry of Davis finding favour and returning to play the team that he triumphed against in 2005 - but this time fully understanding that he alone did not beat Geelong (despite appearances) - is great.

Pick him next week Roosey, and all this nonesense can finally end!

:D

Lucky Knickers
10th August 2006, 01:24 PM
Yes, that winning formula to beat Essendon, Richmond and Port is something you don't want to lose...

He shoots he scores!

I have to trust that Roos knows what he is doing with Davo and the team structure. I don't understand it and I'm having a hard time suspending reality and believing that Davis really isn't in our best 22 right now.

I want to win. I want to bury the Dees, the Cats, the Lions and the Blues.

THEN - I want to lose to Adelaide in the QF at AAMI, play Freo at home in the next QF and spank them, take on and knock out St Kilda in the PF (again) - then have a rematch against the Eagles on the Big Day and show them that WE ARE THE BIG BIRDS OF THE BIG GAME.

(sorry for the loss to Adelaide but we are better playing every week of the finals IMO)

I don't know about you, but my confidence in executing this plan is not as high without Davis. IMO the opposition are far more scared of Nick Davis lurking in our forward line than they are of Reg and Ted.

Snowy
10th August 2006, 01:37 PM
Bevan must have some compromising photos of important people if he is to retain his place yet again. Especially after attaining 18 points on Champion Data stats last week. That's really hard to do and it measures effectiveness.

Danzar
10th August 2006, 01:37 PM
Davis is a finals player. I've said this before - keep him on a short leash until the right time then let him go.

I think Roos is simply timing Davis' run. Tuco may have a point RE: Geelong game. It's as good a time as any to unclip the leash.

Don't forget - the Dees are less than a full strength outfit this week, whereas Geelong will see Ablett, Mooney and Rooke back next week, with game time against the Saints already up their sleeve.

Add Skilled Stadium to the equation......

It's a punt, sure, but I'd keep him back until the Cats. If Roos doesn't play Davis then, well, something's wrong sister!

NMWBloods
10th August 2006, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Tuco
I think the symmetry of Davis finding favour and returning to play the team that he triumphed against in 2005 - but this time fully understanding that he alone did not beat Geelong (despite appearances) - is great. No individual player alone can win a football match simply because there are 18 players on the field.

However, without Davis we quite simply would not have won and would not have the 2005 premiership. There are not too many players in our side you can say that about!

There seems to be a rush at times to try to downplay Davis' contribution to our win.

Sure, players like Crouch and Kirk kept pumping the ball into the forward line, but the forward line was completely ineffectual and without Davis we looked unlikely to kick even a couple of goals. It was his individual skill that won us that game.

Matt79
10th August 2006, 01:55 PM
No individual player alone can win a football match simply because there are 18 players on the field.

However, without Davis we quite simply would not have won and would not have the 2005 premiership. There are not too many players in our side you can say that about!

There seems to be a rush at times to try to downplay Davis' contribution to our win.

Sure, players like Crouch and Kirk kept pumping the ball into the forward line, but the forward line was completely ineffectual and without Davis we looked unlikely to kick even a couple of goals. It was his individual skill that won us that game.

Bloods I do wholeheartedly agree that Nick Davis won us that game against Geelong last year, no doubt.

There is also no doubt that a healthy and fit (both mentally and physically) Nick Davis is in our best 22.

I do question though why so many people here are so adamant they know what is going on within the club and seemingly think Paul Roos is stupid enought to a) drop Davis for no reason and b) make him a scapegoat for no particular reasons.

Lets look at the facts...

*ND admitted that he had hit the KFC a bit and was over his playing weight and was getting some advice from a jockey somewhere - why play someone who is over their playing weight mid season and breaking team rules?

* He publically questioned his axing when there are team rules (rightly or wrongly) and he knew full well his reasons for his axing.

IMO his form back in the reserves has not been outstanding as a player of his class should reflect. I think he should be kicking more than 3 goals in these types of matches and getting more possies but that is my opinion.

I am completely trusting of the match committee and ND will gai his place back in the side when he is fit and ready and following team protocol.

NO indiviudal player is worth more than the team. (Collingwood would disagree with tarrant and Johnson though!)

Cheers,
Matt

NMWBloods
10th August 2006, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Matt79
I do question though why so many people here are so adamant they know what is going on within the club and seemingly think Paul Roos is stupid enought to a) drop Davis for no reason and b) make him a scapegoat for no particular reasons.Possibly because the information from Roos and the Swans on this has been mixed and confusing and contradictory.

Lets look at the facts...

*ND admitted that he had hit the KFC a bit and was over his playing weight and was getting some advice from a jockey somewhere - why play someone who is over their playing weight mid season and breaking team rules?He may be a bit over his playing weight, but he was hardly the worst player in the side. And does he need an indefinite stretch in the Reserves to regain his playing weight?

We have no idea of what team rules, if any, he broke, and what effect that has. Sometimes clubs get a bit precious over their team rules as if they are conducting a finishing school for boys. Yes they're important, but winning football is more important. Good team rules help with this but don't make it happen. I think Malthouse's attitude last week was very sensible.

* He publically questioned his axing when there are team rules (rightly or wrongly) and he knew full well his reasons for his axing.We don't know if he knew the reasons for his axing given that a range of different reasons have been cited. Sure, you'd think that they would tell him the truth, but if so his response was rather unusual. And so what if he makes a simple comment to say he's disappointed with being axed.

IMO his form back in the reserves has not been outstanding as a player of his class should reflect. I think he should be kicking more than 3 goals in these types of matches and getting more possies but that is my opinion.He's getting >20 possessions and kicking about 3 goals a game. That would suggest he is getting involved and not trying to take over.

I am completely trusting of the match committee and ND will gai his place back in the side when he is fit and ready and following team protocol.

NO indiviudal player is worth more than the team. (Collingwood would disagree with tarrant and Johnson though!) Winning is most important. If an individual player helps with that then they should be in the side. If a team plays better when a guy is in the side, but that guy continues to go out and drink, who cares!

I'm not completely trusting of the match committee. They're not geniuses and can make mistakes. Who is to say they have or have not in this case. As someone pointed out here very aptly a few weeks ago, Roos and his guys were a few seconds from an ignominious finals failure last year. People wouldn't be quite so trusting if that had been the case.

Matt79
10th August 2006, 02:07 PM

Winning is most important. If an individual player helps with that then they should be in the side. If a team plays better when a guy is in the side, but that guy continues to go out and drink, who cares!

With ND out of the team we have 1L and 3W and the loss was to WC in Perth by 2 points so we cannot say put him back in because we are losing.

barry
10th August 2006, 02:09 PM
With ND out of the team we have 1L and 3W and the loss was to WC in Perth by 2 points so we cannot say put him back in because we are losing.

I think many would say with ND in the team we'd be 4W, 0L, and sitting more comfortably in top 4.

i'm-uninformed2
10th August 2006, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by hammo
I agree with Roos on the point you don't want to make too many changes at once.

However if Phillips continues to get a game ahead of Davo then the match committee must be smoking some weird stuff in those selection meetings.

I can help with that

NMWBloods
10th August 2006, 02:11 PM
With ND out of the team we have 1L and 3W and the loss was to WC in Perth by 2 points so we cannot say put him back in because we are losing. He may have been the difference in Perth where we basically couldn't score for a half and the three wins have been over some pretty crap sides, so doesn't really mean a lot either way.

If they wanted to drop him and get him back into fitness and form, they should have done so for the three 'easy' games and then put him back in against Melbourne.

Matt79
10th August 2006, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by barry
I think many would say with ND in the team we'd be 4W, 0L, and sitting more comfortably in top 4.

Some may say that it was a wake up call to the team to get their act together and we may have been 0W and 4L. It is all heresay I guess.

liz
10th August 2006, 02:47 PM

I don't think anyone disputes that we wouldn't have won the Geleong game without Davis' brilliance. But you'd think he was the only player who produced matchwinning performances the way this is focussed on.

Would we have beaten St Kilda in the PF without O'Keefe's BOG performance or Schneider kick-starting the goal spree in the final term.

Would we have finished anywhere near the top 4 without the superb midfield performances of Jude Bolton in the first third of the season when the rest of the team (Davis included) was struggling with injury, form or fitness. Or how about Hall who kicked more than twice as many goals as any other Swan and was clearly the difference in many games.

How about Buchanan's superb final quarter of the GF (including kicking the winning goal) or LRT's great first quarter, where he was instrumental in keeping the Eagles to a lowish score even though they dominated possession in the early part of that match?

Davis performance deserves to be lauded, to become "legendary" in the history of the club, up there alongside 'Plugger's Point'. But while it might have been an important step along the way to the premiership, there were many other individual and team efforts that were equally as important.

stellation
10th August 2006, 02:55 PM

IMO his form back in the reserves has not been outstanding as a player of his class should reflect. I think he should be kicking more than 3 goals in these types of matches and getting more possies but that is my opinion.

Disposals
I think he has still picked up around 30 touches each game in the magoos. His time in the midfield is spent primarly as an outside midfielder, he was making perfect position at stoppages in those games but carrying a heavy tag (with others concious of him and blocking his run to the ball) and our inside midfielders (including current first teamer Tim Schmidt) were not able to get the ball to him. In the last game against Ainslie, for example, his tag on a number of occassions refused to leave Nick to go to a man running freely with the ball, it happened that often that it looked to have been a specific coaching instruction... if you want to count stats, he was denied quite a few of the opportunities to pad stats, that others would normally get, simply because of the other teams not wanting Nick Davis to have a day out on them.
Goals
He has missed one absolute sitter, so that should have been plus one goal (and I am sure he would acknowledge that as he does think pretty highly of his own goal kicking). Apart from that he has given off a large number of shots on goals to his reserves teammates; if you watch the magoos the guys who thump a fair few goals from the midfield do it on a day where they have decided to ping away at everything, I am yet to see Nick do that.

NMWBloods
10th August 2006, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by liz
I don't think anyone disputes that we wouldn't have won the Geleong game without Davis' brilliance. But you'd think he was the only player who produced matchwinning performances the way this is focussed on.

Would we have beaten St Kilda in the PF without O'Keefe's BOG performance or Schneider kick-starting the goal spree in the final term.

Would we have finished anywhere near the top 4 without the superb midfield performances of Jude Bolton in the first third of the season when the rest of the team (Davis included) was struggling with injury, form or fitness. Or how about Hall who kicked more than twice as many goals as any other Swan and was clearly the difference in many games.

How about Buchanan's superb final quarter of the GF (including kicking the winning goal) or LRT's great first quarter, where he was instrumental in keeping the Eagles to a lowish score even though they dominated possession in the early part of that match?

Davis performance deserves to be lauded, to become "legendary" in the history of the club, up there alongside 'Plugger's Point'. But while it might have been an important step along the way to the premiership, there were many other individual and team efforts that were equally as important. I think you're missing the point.

They were all great performances and most required for us to be in contention. In some cases perhaps someone else may have stepped up or something else may have happened. Perhaps in some of those cases it would not have made much difference.

In the Davis case, it was do or die. There was no one else. It is a single obvious example where a player wins a game through sheer brilliance that no one else in the side was capable of doing.

Without that single effort 2005 was another wasted year. Can we say that about any other single individual performance last year.

Country Member
10th August 2006, 03:05 PM
Good to see some logical, thoughtful comments on this subject - well done Liz as usual.
NMW - you are either taking the p1ss or are deluded: do you honestly think you (whoever the hell you are) know more about the situation, facts and circumstances of this matter than the man who took us to the Premiership. Give it a break.

Sanecow
10th August 2006, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Country Member
NMW - do you honestly think you (whoever the hell you are) know more about the situation, facts and circumstances of this matter than the man who took us to the Premiership.

Of course Davis knows the full story somewhat better than NMWBloods.

Country Member
10th August 2006, 03:16 PM
Typical response from another of the usual suspects, that is, a first class whinger, know-all and knocker: the personification of the culture that had the Club in the wilderness for 73 years.

liz
10th August 2006, 03:19 PM
I think you're missing the point.

Can we say that about any other single individual performance last year.

In my opinion yes - including the examples I provided. All just as important, if not as dramatic, as Davis' contribution.

It was brilliant. It was crucial to the premiership. But it wasn't on its lonesome.

Sanecow
10th August 2006, 03:24 PM
Typical response from another of the usual suspects, that is, a first class whinger, know-all and knocker: the personification of the culture that had the Club in the wilderness for 73 years.

73 years you say?

hammo
10th August 2006, 03:28 PM
2005: No Davis = no flag.

2006: No Davis = ??????

Free Nick Davis

NMWBloods
10th August 2006, 03:28 PM
Good to see some logical, thoughtful comments on this subject - well done Liz as usual.
NMW - you are either taking the p1ss or are deluded: do you honestly think you (whoever the hell you are) know more about the situation, facts and circumstances of this matter than the man who took us to the Premiership. Give it a break. If you have nothing to add but personal attacks then don't bother commenting.

We're all entitled to a view without it becoming personal.

sydneyswans1989
10th August 2006, 03:34 PM
If you have nothing to add but personal attacks then don't bother commenting.

We're all entitled to a view without it becoming personal.

A person coming up to 10,000th posts truly deserves thier own opinion :D

Matt79
10th August 2006, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by sydneyswans1989
A person coming up to 10,000th posts truly deserves thier own opinion :D

He has only got to 10,000 (almost) because he has so many of them!! ;)

stellation
10th August 2006, 03:44 PM
He has only got to 10,000 (almost) because he has so many of them!! ;)
Opinions or personalities? ;)

Old Royboy
10th August 2006, 04:11 PM
Too many people here are looking at the past, not the present and future. Davis goofed off all season before he was dropped, under bloods rules the rest of the players likely had a gutful of being punished for Davis? misdemenours. Plus his fitness level was such that he would have had a snowflakes chance in hell of repeating last years heroics. The club has accordingly delivered a swift kick up the a@@e. If Davis had continued to play seniors without any action he would have been a liability come finals time. If and when he returns to senior football the probability of him making that vital contribution will be much greater.

Hopefully, Nick Davis = the Willie Keith of the SS Sydney Swans

royboy42
10th August 2006, 04:42 PM
I believe Roos has held ND back like Makybe Diva in the Cup! We're just approaching the turn with 5 of the toughest furlongs in the caper to go..Roosy holds him back delaying his run...holds him back..holds him back..then gives the reins a shake, a couple of good cuts with the persuader, and just hangs on in the saddle as ND lets all that pent up energy explode into action for the BIG finish!

Piobaireachd
10th August 2006, 08:06 PM
Or become disillusioned, pissed off and feel that he owes nothing to the coach/leadership group that are obviously punishing him. Is that how you see his character?

AussieAnge
10th August 2006, 08:30 PM
A friend who sits with us at the games has a theory that it is a ploy to trade ND at the end of the season. Drop him to the 2s and make him disillusioned and happy to leave and go to a team that will be happy to take him. Reckons he could be part of a deal to get another ruckman.

AussieAnge
10th August 2006, 08:32 PM
[BIn the Davis case, it was do or die. There was no one else. It is a single obvious example where a player wins a game through sheer brilliance that no one else in the side was capable of doing.
[/B]

Didn't he only step up because he was told that he owed the team?;)

Piobaireachd
10th August 2006, 08:41 PM
I just want to see ND back in the team to appease the RWO whingers and stop their crying.

Piobaireachd
10th August 2006, 08:42 PM

In the Davis case, it was do or die. There was no one else. It is a single obvious example where a player wins a game through sheer brilliance that no one else in the side was capable of doing.

I guess luck has a lot to do with it.

Sanecow
10th August 2006, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by Piobaireachd
I just want to see ND back in the team to appease the RWO whingers and stop their crying.

If only you coached the team.

Piobaireachd
10th August 2006, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Sanecow
If only you coached the team. I never realised you were one of the whingers

Sanecow
10th August 2006, 08:51 PM
Maybe I should whinge more.

Piobaireachd
10th August 2006, 09:18 PM
Maybe I should whinge more. It could help your post count

Sanecow
10th August 2006, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Piobaireachd
It could help your post count

I don't even know what that means.

Albert Park
11th August 2006, 12:50 AM
2005: No Davis = no flag.

2006: No Davis = ??????

Free Nick Davis
Maybe it's all a cunning plan to keep Nick underwraps until they unleash him on the Cats at Skilled Stadium Saturday Week. The psychological impact will drive them wild
Cameron Mooney will probably get three weeks.
Nick to play Saturday week.

ROK Lobster
11th August 2006, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by Albert Park
Maybe it's all a cunning plan to keep Nick underwraps until they unleash him on the Cats at Skilled Stadium Saturday Week. The psychological impact will drive them wild
We clung to that theory re Schauble until about round 19 last year.

floppinab
11th August 2006, 12:06 PM
Story in the Tele today, Davis is one of the emergs flying to Melb.
Surely he'll be back next week.

hammo
11th August 2006, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by floppinab
Story in the Tele today, Davis is one of the emergs flying to Melb.
Surely he'll be back next week.
I am not sure how this will help his "form & fitness", given Roos wanted him to have one more hit out in the seconds??

barry
11th August 2006, 02:11 PM
I am not sure how this will help his "form & fitness", given Roos wanted him to have one more hit out in the seconds??

Hmm. In Nick Davis's run in the 2nd's he's actually missed two games. The bye, and now this.

Davis must be playing. We've slotted in an emergency in our last 4 games.

Sanecow
11th August 2006, 02:16 PM
The reserves play on Sunday this week and the seniors play on Saturday. Davis can still play in the reserves if he isn't called in, can't he?

Agent 86
11th August 2006, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by liz

Davis performance deserves to be lauded, to become "legendary" in the history of the club, up there alongside 'Plugger's Point'. But while it might have been an important step along the way to the premiership, there were many other individual and team efforts that were equally as important.
Yes, but none of the above are exiled in the acktaffle.

floppinab
11th August 2006, 02:28 PM
The reserves play on Sunday this week and the seniors play on Saturday. Davis can still play in the reserves if he isn't called in, can't he?

Yes, the story I read said exactly that. Would be funny if someone went down and he played though.

ROK Lobster
11th August 2006, 02:30 PM
I am not sure how this will help his "form & fitness", given Roos wanted him to have one more hit out in the seconds?? Contrary to popular opinion, planes do land in the Territory on Sundays.

hammo
11th August 2006, 02:33 PM
I wasn't aware it was a Sunday game

Chow-Chicker
11th August 2006, 03:07 PM
What a broken record???. ?this is what Nicky did last year?????. ?we wouldn?t have won without Nicky last year????.. ?last year, Nicky?.?. Listen guys, THAT WAS LAST YEAR. That was then, this is now. Just because a player performed wonders the year before, doesn?t give him the licence to be petulant and not expect to be disciplined. There was a very public story about Joe Misiti of Essendon when he returned after the ?93 premiership all ?porked? up. He was told in no uncertain terms to shape up or ship out, was dropped and was given targets and goals to reach before his re-inclusion. Was there an outcry of ?look at what he did last year?? No, it no longer mattered.

Sanecow
11th August 2006, 03:10 PM
What a broken record???. ?this is what Roos did last year?????. ?we wouldn?t have won without Roos last year????.. ?last year, Roos?.?. Listen guys, THAT WAS LAST YEAR. That was then, this is now. Just because a coach performed wonders the year before, doesn?t give him the licence to be petulant.

Chow-Chicker
11th August 2006, 04:33 PM
What a broken record???. ?this is what Roos did last year?????. ?we wouldn?t have won without Roos last year????.. ?last year, Roos?.?. Listen guys, THAT WAS LAST YEAR. That was then, this is now. Just because a coach performed wonders the year before, doesn?t give him the licence to be petulant.

Hahahahahaha, yes it does! HE DA BOSS

Schneiderman
11th August 2006, 04:43 PM
We clung to that theory re Schauble until about round 19 last year.

And boy didn't THAT hurt us.

stellation
11th August 2006, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by Schneiderman
And boy didn't THAT hurt us.
The ends always justify the means dahlink.

goswannie14
11th August 2006, 06:33 PM
The reserves play on Sunday this week and the seniors play on Saturday. Davis can still play in the reserves if he isn't called in, can't he? I would think that wouldn't be too difficult to organise.