PDA

View Full Version : Crappy commentary, Clubs agree.

ScottH
11th August 2006, 10:06 AM
A fair call? No way, say clubs' chief executives (http://www.theage.com.au/realfooty/news/afl/fair-call-no-way-say-club-executives/2006/08/10/1154803032324.html)
The Swans football department believe the club's style of play is too often castigated by Malcolm Blight and Tim Lane.

The club believes the pair would have prompted unconverted armchair fans to turn off the opening of the recent round-16 Sydney-Richmond game.

Sydney's tactics and style had been criticised from the opening minutes.
Blight was one commentator singled out for not always having done his pre-game homework.
Mr Schwab singled out Fox Football's Sunday commentary team of Clinton Grybus, Gerard Healy and Wayne Carey as "brilliant".

Tuco
11th August 2006, 10:26 AM
Was it just my lack of comprehension skills, or was there in fact not a single quote from someone related to the Swans in that article.?

Just assertions that we're whingers. Oh Well.

I'll say this, however. We kicked 180pts against Richmond earlier this year and Tim Lane still called us "dour". So even when we fire on all throttles the story becomes "oh well Sydney usually are boring".

Personally I'd given up on a lot of the commentators years ago.

barry
11th August 2006, 10:45 AM
This was discussed on bigfooty a while back. Sydney ratings would take a big upturn if we had Sydney based commentators with a Sydney bias.

SA and WA have bias commentators, why not us.

Its true that Lane in particular is a depressing person to listen to.

NMWBloods
11th August 2006, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Tuco
I'll say this, however. We kicked 180pts against Richmond earlier this year and Tim Lane still called us "dour". So even when we fire on all throttles the story becomes "oh well Sydney usually are boring".
It's hardly surprising though that neutral supporters find watching the Swans rather boring much of the time.

We have a stack more stoppages than any other side. Watch scrums and ball ups isn't particularly interesting.

We also tend to kick less goals than other top teams, and kicking goals is really one of the key parts of the game.

Generally speaking top teams kick over 108 points (18 goals equivalent) 45-50% of the time, whereas the Swans do it only about 25%. Top teams kick over 100 points 55-65% of the time, whereas the Swans do it only 35-45%.

Young Blood
11th August 2006, 11:15 AM
Funny how people see things differently. Lane is my favourite commentator, and Blight my favourite comments man.

Rizzo
11th August 2006, 11:33 AM
I've been turning off the sound and tuning in to MMM for the live interstate games. Certainly a Sydney bias there...but also fairly critical of Swans players from time to time.

Tuco
11th August 2006, 11:41 AM
Without a doubt the funniest effort by a commentary team ever had to be this performance by the Ch 10 crew in the Bris vs Swans game at the Gabba in 2005.

For those who don't remember it, it was a grind early then we broke the game open and kicked 11 goals in the second half for a memorable last kick of the day win.

I've taken these quotes from an email I sent to my mates on the topic at the time. Though if anyone has a copy of the game I'm sure they'll remember some of these.

Steve Quartermaine (1st half): Anything happenning would be good.
S.Q (2nd half): Can't complain about the action, it's been fantastic.
S.Q. (2nd half): It was a magnificent game.

Tim Lane (1st half): Surely the Swans can't believe in their method.
Tim Lane (2nd half): Actually it's been a fantastic match, fantastic.

Blight (1st half approx 5mins in) Why wouldn't you want to kick goals...I mean...well, the
coach is well within his rights...you can't blame Roos, but why wouldn't you
want...i don't know....

Blight (2nd half) Well, good on Paul Roos....it's been good footy.

Tim Lane: Walls must feel like Archimedes when he saw someone taking a
bath...um..when the water went over their chest.

(huh?)

Blight : It's a funny one. How do you rate a player like Mal
Michael..if...at the end...he's had three touches. I mean...(pause)...*sigh*..I'm sorry.

(err...okay, Blighty. Have a sit down, maybe?)

Christie Malthouse (start of 4th qtr): Sydney look to be totally spent after
that 3rd qtr.

(We went on to steamroll the Lions with a 7 goal qtr)

Blight (early in 4th): There's a lotta positives in the 2nd half for Roos.
He could take the video and say..look..if we'd done this here instead of
that,then maybe this might've happened...then you could say we coulda got
the ball forward and once you done that it would've been forward.

( :confused: Okay Blighty.Whatever you say)

Blight (5mins on clock in 4th): I've just gotta feeling this game hasn't
finished yet.

Blight: They must've just got mixed up in the...err...mix up.

(um....ooookay)

Blight: You've got to kick goals to win this game, and as long as they give
6 points for a goal...um...then you'll be safe.

(any suggestions to what he's on about here please forward them to Tucoisconfused.com :D

Okay I take it back. The Ch 10 commentary team is actually quite entertaining in their own way.
:p

Missy
11th August 2006, 11:44 AM
Thats gold! :D

NMWBloods
11th August 2006, 11:48 AM
I remember that game and its commentary well. The commentators were bamboozled by the Swans' approach in the first half. Literally from the opening minute we had a massive flood going - we had our entire team in the back half. Blight couldn't understand why you wouldn't try to run a normal game and get the ball forward and try to kick some goals. In the second half we played like that and we kicked goals. He was confused as to why we waited until the second half to do that. Given we had kicked 2.4 to half time, criticism of the way we were playing was hardly out of line.

Tuco
11th August 2006, 11:50 AM
doesn't make it any less funny from where I'm sitting :)

NMWBloods
11th August 2006, 11:51 AM
Blight often makes me cringe. But he also has a lot of good insights into the game.

I like Quarters.

I like Lane, but only when he's not commentating the Swans. He really doesn't like us - seems standard for Blues supporters.

Sanecow
11th August 2006, 12:24 PM
I think it was Blight who said in our game v Fremantle "You have to hope that Fremantle win, for their sake". WTF?!

possumfeatures
11th August 2006, 12:39 PM
I've become immune to the innane comments about the Swans style. I think that mostly it is just sheer laziness that none of the commentators actually bother to assess how the Swans play for themselves and just take the standard line. The thing that really gets up my goat is when they are just plain wrong and even worse when the co-commentators don't correct them.

Most recent source of annoyance - saturday night KB continually banging on about Malceski doing his hammy against the Demons earlier in the year!! I know I am exagerating but it felt like he said it 5 times (or at least every time Mal got a touch). Just plain wrong!! And Gerard Healy just lets him keep saying it. They get paid to do a job the least they can do is get it right.

Thunder Shaker
11th August 2006, 01:02 PM
Blight (5mins on clock in 4th): I've just gotta feeling this game hasn't
finished yet.
This has to win the Sybil Fawlty award for stating the bleeding obvious. What next?

It's raining so the ground's going to get wet

When they kick the ball at the goals there's a chance they might register a score

If the ball is thrown in the air by the umpire, it's got to come down again

NMWBloods
11th August 2006, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Thunder Shaker
This has to win the Sybil Fawlty award for stating the bleeding obvious. What next? Five minutes to go and 100 points down you're not likely to state "I've just gotta feeling this game hasn't finished yet". I thought we were still a few goals down at that stage.

Schneiderman
11th August 2006, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by NMWBloods
We also tend to kick less goals than other top teams, and kicking goals is really one of the key parts of the game.

Generally speaking top teams kick over 108 points (18 goals equivalent) 45-50% of the time, whereas the Swans do it only about 25%. Top teams kick over 100 points 55-65% of the time, whereas the Swans do it only 35-45%.

I'm assuming that you are saying that Sydney is not a 'top team', despite clear evidence over the past four years to the contrary. And this also ignores the importance of contested possessions and a powerful defence.

As to the commentary, it annoys my wife more than me these days, but it is annoyingly obvious. My pet hates:

- Huddo. Somehow he changes during finals (note the 2003 QF, and the 2005 SF) but in the H&A games he is persistently anti-Swans.

- Blight. His constant babble about us needing a miracle during the Nick Davis Show last year just demonstrated his constant desire to listen to his own voice rather than enjoy the show itself.

- Lane. With a passion. Cant stand him. Because he clearly cant stand us.

- The phrase 'zoning back' used to describe our opponents clear effort to construct a flood Noah would have struggled with. This phrase is exclusive to everyone but us.

NMWBloods
11th August 2006, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Schneiderman
I'm assuming that you are saying that Sydney is not a 'top team', despite clear evidence over the past four years to the contrary.
"We also tend to kick less goals than other top teams."

And this also ignores the importance of contested possessions and a powerful defence.And that makes for exciting football from a neutral supporter's perspective how?

Schneiderman
11th August 2006, 01:21 PM
And that makes for exciting football from a neutral supporter's perspective how?

Close scores? I enjoyed the Coll v Adel clash too.

But then I hate WWF.

Boodnutz
11th August 2006, 01:46 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Schneiderman
[B]
- Blight. His constant babble about us needing a miracle during the Nick Davis Show last year just demonstrated his constant desire to listen to his own voice rather than enjoy the show itself.

- Lane. With a passion. Cant stand him. Because he clearly cant stand us.

- QUOTE] Spot on. When Mal Blight was considering TV commentating someone obviously gave him the advice of "just say the first thing that comes into your head". And its' obviously stuck with him over the years. He does just babble and I don't pay any attention to anything he says. Stan Alves is another. Stanley talks on radio like you can see what he is seeing. No-one has yet told Stanley that comments like "did you see that?" don't go over well on radio.

He's harmless though compared to Lane. For some reason Timmy hates Sydney and doesn't seem to care who knows. His universe is Melbourne and he can't see past any of those clubs. He's hardly a commentator for a national competition. Trouble is as he's a senior guy, his twisted commentary counts against us when commentating to nuetrals.

Far and away the best analysis comes from Mark McClure. He's incisive and doesn't waste time talking rubbish because he thinks he has to fill airwaves.

Which brings me to this ludicrous situation where "commentators " such as Dunstall, Barnes, Watson etc. will always pick their ex-teams in tipping forums. How dumb do they think we are? Does Tim Watson really think Essendon is going to win every week? Same with Dunstall.

Ruck'n'Roll
11th August 2006, 01:51 PM
Caroline Wilson writes about "unconverted armchair fans" which I take to mean people with little no allegiance to the AFL (and probably little Australian Rules knowledge ~ basically the average Canetoads & Cockroache).

Where as 'Bloods is referring to "neutral supporters" which suggests AFL fans of clubs other than us & the Tigers.

I think they are different viewers entirely, and I also believe that a mediocre AFL game is still far more exciting than 99% of the guff churned out by the leaguies, rah-rahs and socceroos!

So from the point of view of the AFL and the Swans the last thing we need is commentators telling the "unconverted armchair fans" in the audience (who may not know any better) how dull the game is. The poor ignorant fools may switch over to watching the troglodites or the fakers.

barry
11th August 2006, 01:52 PM
We'll have Bruce next year, and Bruce loves Sydney!

Young Blood
11th August 2006, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by Boodnutz
He's harmless though compared to Lane. For some reason Timmy hates Sydney and doesn't seem to care who knows. His universe is Melbourne and he can't see past any of those clubs. He's hardly a commentator for a national competition.

Couldn't disagree more. Tim is from Tasmania and has long been an advocate for the national competition.

I can clearly remember him talking up the Swans big time in 2003, saying we were the most attractive/exciting side in the competition. I'd agree that he's become less excited by our style over the past 3 years as Roos' game plan has evolved, but I've never felt that he doesn't like us - I think he just calls it as he sees it.

Swanner
11th August 2006, 02:11 PM
I agree 100% with the sentiments in this article. They should stick to calling the game..and not this endless second guessing of the coaches...they should be providing us with facts we can't readily get because of the nature of TV, such as match-ups, etc

Xie Shan
11th August 2006, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by barry
Sydney ratings would take a big upturn if we had Sydney based commentators with a Sydney bias.

Well, we already have them on radio (Triple M) - that's a start! ;)

I don't want commentators with a Sydney bias, just those who've done their homework.

Boodnutz
11th August 2006, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Young Blood
Couldn't disagree more. Tim is from Tasmania and has long been an advocate for the national competition.

I can clearly remember him talking up the Swans big time in 2003, saying we were the most attractive/exciting side in the competition. I'd agree that he's become less excited by our style over the past 3 years as Roos' game plan has evolved, but I've never felt that he doesn't like us - I think he just calls it as he sees it. Yes, yes, Tim originally came from Tassie after calling many TFL games there and his brother Bill played for Hobart (Bill actually both both wrists simultaneously in one game attempting a smother). That's beside the point.

Tim gets that surly upside-down-mouth in place and off he goes. I've never heard him support a national competition. He seems to make a habit of subtely putting the boot into Sydney whenever he can.

NMWBloods
11th August 2006, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Schneiderman
Close scores? I enjoyed the Coll v Adel clash too.

But then I hate WWF. Close scores help. But scorelines of 8 goals to 7 and masses of stoppages are less likely to get people through the gate or watching on TV than scorelines of 17 goals to 16.

swannymum
11th August 2006, 03:28 PM
The commentators and what I think...

Commetti: entertaining and seemingly unbiased.
Lyon: OK.
Brereton: Some interesting insights but loves the sound of his own voice too much.
Quartermain: OK
Lane: Didn't notice bias earlier, but since Sydney won the GF, in 2006 it sounds as though he is barracking for our opposition - whoever that is each week.
Blight: Drivel. How is he earning his money?
The B team on Foxtel (Bartlett/Bennett): Switch off!! (Turn on MMM)
Hudson: Seems impartial until the game is close and then starts barracking for the opposition (must be extremely cut up about the final against the Cats last year).
Rex Hunt: Generally entertaining, but he is starting to become ridiculous.
Newman: Not doing it now, and please don't bring him back. (Whinger).
Healy: Wish he called each week. Brownie points!
Anyone from SA: NOOOOOOO!!!!

Boodnutz
11th August 2006, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by swannymum
The commentators and what I think...

Commetti: entertaining and seemingly unbiased.
Lyon: OK.
Brereton: Some interesting insights but loves the sound of his own voice too much.
Quartermain: OK
Lane: Didn't notice bias earlier, but since Sydney won the GF, in 2006 it sounds as though he is barracking for our opposition - whoever that is each week.
Blight: Drivel. How is he earning his money?
The B team on Foxtel (Bartlett/Bennett): Switch off!! (Turn on MMM)
Hudson: Seems impartial until the game is close and then starts barracking for the opposition (must be extremely cut up about the final against the Cats last year).
Rex Hunt: Generally entertaining, but he is starting to become ridiculous.
Newman: Not doing it now, and please don't bring him back. (Whinger).
Healy: Wish he called each week. Brownie points!
Anyone from SA: NOOOOOOO!!!! Yair, agree with all those. And if Bartlett refers once more to "Fearless" Fosdike I think I'll throw a brick at the TV.

I mean, "Fearless Fosdike"? Where did that come from? Is he Paul Kelly re-incarnated or something? Doesn't Bartlett get it that the nickname hasn't stuck and no-one else says it?

Young Blood
11th August 2006, 03:40 PM
Yes, yes, Tim originally came from Tassie ... That's beside the point.

I've never heard him support a national competition.

I listened to Tim for 15 years when he was 3LO's main man, and continue to do so when he commentates on Friday nights. I also read his column in the Age. He has consistently railed against Victoria-centric views and supported the rights of other states to be part of the national competition. He often explicitly draws on his Tasmanian heritage in this context.

Splitting hairs, he never actually called the TFL - he had been in Victoria for some time before that league was formed. I think he got his start calling the NTFL, but that's well before my time!

AussieAnge
11th August 2006, 03:43 PM
Yair, agree with all those. And if Bartlett refers once more to "Fearless" Fosdike I think I'll throw a brick at the TV.

I mean, "Fearless Fosdike"? Where did that come from? Is he Paul Kelly re-incarnated or something? Doesn't Bartlett get it that the nickname hasn't stuck and no-one else says it?

I believe it is an old comic-book character.

NMWBloods
11th August 2006, 03:46 PM
Yes - Fearless Fosd__k.

http://www.lil-abner.com/fosd__k.html

(replace __ with ic).

Boodnutz
11th August 2006, 03:56 PM
I listened to Tim for 15 years when he was 3LO's main man, and continue to do so when he commentates on Friday nights. I also read his column in the Age. He has consistently railed against Victoria-centric views and supported the rights of other states to be part of the national competition. He often explicitly draws on his Tasmanian heritage in this context.

Splitting hairs, he never actually called the TFL - he had been in Victoria for some time before that league was formed. I think he got his start calling the NTFL, but that's well before my time! Wrong. The TFL (that is, the southern league) was formed in 1945. There was the TFL, NTFA and NWFU. He was based in Hobart with the ABC radio and TV and called only TFL games. He worked initially with Don Closs in the early to mid 70s then handed over to Peter Walsh who did it for several years before going to SA. Neville Oliver called the NTFA games.

You're probably thinking of the State League that came years later.

Consider your hairs split.

sydneyswans1989
11th August 2006, 03:58 PM
Oh Malcom Blight is a shocker, I dunno what 10 were thinking. Time after time he makes the worst comments & sometimes it's not even related to anything that is happening in the game.

Personally I would rather Walls as special comment's man. Blight needs another job!

Boodnutz
11th August 2006, 04:02 PM
Yes - Fearless Fosd__k.

http://www.lil-abner.com/fosd__k.html

(replace __ with ic). Oh, OK then. Lucky his name isn't Nick Ramjet, then.

Young Blood
11th August 2006, 04:19 PM
Wrong. The TFL (that is, the southern league) was formed in 1945. There was the TFL, NTFA and NWFU.

The southern league wasn't called the TFL, it was the TANFL (Tasmanian Australian National Football League).

The TFL was the state league that brought together the 6 clubs of the TANFL, South Launceston, North Launceston, Burnie and Devonport in the late 80s. See link (http://ink.news.com.au/mercury/mathguys/articles/1992/920908a1.htm).

Sanecow
11th August 2006, 04:28 PM
I think you'll find that the TFL was around before the late 1980's incarnation.

Young Blood
11th August 2006, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Sanecow

I didn't mean to hijack this thread into a history of Tasmanian football, but I guess these things happen.

Cow is right. The southern Tasmanian league, previously known as the STFA, changed its name to the TFL in 1906 (http://www.fullpointsfooty.net/1905_to_1912.htm). It kept that name until 1928 (http://www.fullpointsfooty.net/1927_to_1932.htm) when it became the TANFL. The TANFL continued until 1986 (http://www.fullpointsfooty.net/1986_to_1990.htm) when the statewide TFL was formed, initially with 8 teams.

I'm confident that Tim Lane didn't commentate either incarnation of the TFL!

monopoly19
11th August 2006, 04:48 PM
I HATE Malcolm Blight's commentary, irrespective of who's playing. He is boring, repetitive and not the least bit as insightful as he thinks he is.

I really enjoyed the commentary from KB and Healy last weekend. Healy obviously knows a bit more about Sydney than most commentators, while I just find KB entertaining. Also generally like the channel 9 team - they seem to work well together.

Boodnutz
11th August 2006, 05:40 PM
The southern league wasn't called the TFL, it was the TANFL (Tasmanian Australian National Football League).

The TFL was the state league that brought together the 6 clubs of the TANFL, South Launceston, North Launceston, Burnie and Devonport in the late 80s. See link (http://ink.news.com.au/mercury/mathguys/articles/1992/920908a1.htm). You can correct me on anything other than Australian rules football in Tasmania during the 1970's. That would be my selected category in Mastermind.

The link you've provided refers to the later version of the TFL- you may notice the dates quoted are in the early 90's. Footy-goers before that time know the TFL to be the southern Tasmanian League ie North Hobart, Sandy Bay, Hobart, Glenorchy, New Norfolk and Clarence. Tim Lane's time.

Yes, 3LO. Tim may have preached a national concept in his role at 3LO, but he certainly doesn't like the look of it now.
He yearns for the suburban mudheaps of Windy Hill, Moorabbin and Brunswick Street. I think that's where footy starts and ends for him.

Young Blood
11th August 2006, 05:56 PM
The link you've provided refers to the later version of the TFL- you may notice the dates quoted are in the early 90's. Footy-goers before that time know the TFL to be the southern Tasmanian League ie North Hobart, Sandy Bay, Hobart, Glenorchy, New Norfolk and Clarence. Tim Lane's time.

See my later post in response to Sanecow (3.47pm). fullpointsfooty.net goes through the history year by year. You might want to check it before your Mastermind appearance. ;)

Sanecow
11th August 2006, 06:02 PM
I'm too young to be an authority but:

http://televisionau.siv.net.au/tv070680.htm

lists:

5.30 Football Replay (TFL)

on TVT 6, Saturday 7 June 1980

The rest of the day's guide seems right so I don't doubt it.

Boodnutz
11th August 2006, 06:11 PM
See my later post in response to Sanecow (3.47pm). fullpointsfooty.net goes through the history year by year. You might want to check it before your Mastermind appearance. ;) No, I'm pretty right thanks.

Young Blood
11th August 2006, 06:13 PM
No, I'm pretty right thanks.

Who was your team anyway? I'm a Clarence boy.

Boodnutz
11th August 2006, 06:19 PM
Who was your team anyway? I'm a Clarence boy. I grew up in Bellerive, played U/18 for Clarence (premiership in '76) fell out with then seniors coach Eric Pascoe the next year, stood out of footy for two years (did me no good at all) then 50 odd games for Hobart.

Young Blood
11th August 2006, 06:30 PM
I grew up in Bellerive, played U/18 for Clarence (premiership in '76) fell out with then seniors coach Eric Pascoe the next year, stood out of footy for two years (did me no good at all) then 50 odd games for Hobart.

I'm also from Bellerive, but am not quite old enough to remember your career. Played cricket for Clarence, not footy.

JF_Bay22_SCG
11th August 2006, 06:37 PM
Was it just my lack of comprehension skills, or was there in fact not a single quote from someone related to the Swans in that article.?

Just assertions that we're whingers. Oh Well.

Personally I'd given up on a lot of the commentators years ago.

We are the Premiers. We are now the Hunted.

It is a quinticentially Australian thing to go for the underdog, especially if you are unbiased and are not that fussed as to which teams are playing. Commentators are obviously wanting to keep the unbiased casual viewers interested by demonising the Swans & their style of play (a stereotype, as often opposition teams are playing worse more ineffective football than us, ie Port & Essendon resorting to painful short-chipping gameplans.).

The question I have to ask is, are they doing this subconsciously? Or are they being instructed by their producers to do that to get people wanting the Swans' opponents will come back and make a game of it (ie so that they stay watching in the last quarter, so that they see the advertising after goals.)

JF

Destructive
11th August 2006, 07:34 PM
This thread has reminded me that I have to turn down the sound for tomorrow's game.

satchmopugdog
11th August 2006, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Sanecow

I'm so old I can remember The NTFA playing The NWFU and The TFL. This is in the 60's and early 70's. They were definitely called the TFL on that funny old scoreboard on the railway wing at York Park.

One game sticks in my mind as a 17ish year old Peter Hudson was playing for the snobby TFL. Bloody southerners.

Damien
12th August 2006, 12:33 AM
My father played for Glenorchy in the 1970's and 80's and in the 5 scrapbooks my grandmother kept, each Footy Record is for the TANFL. (Glenorchy won the last TANFL premiership in '85 and the first TFL Premiership in '86)

I was born in 77, so I can't comment from memory, but everything from Dad's intrastate games to his Pies games were most certainly TANFL.

Anyway, the inbred Northern teams ruined everything by abandoning Glenorchy, Clarence and North Hobart a few years ago so they wouldn't have to dare travel into the only progressive part of the state ;) Tasmanian football is a rabble, the sport is more popular than ever, but Tasmanian football as I know it there will never be the same.

On topic however - Sydney needs a totally seperate commentary team, I think it would really help ratings. It needs to be bias and actually excite the casual viewers of the game that still (and in the most, rightly so) believe the game is way too Melbourne centric).

Big Al
12th August 2006, 12:35 AM
Commentary stuff ups are not restricted to the AFL. Some years ago I saw coverage of 2 US sports commentators talking about a new rookie pitcher for the yankees. From memory this is how it went

Commentator 1: They say this guy has a hell of a fast ball. Some would say that if he pitched the ball into a car wash that it would get to the other side without getting wet

Commentator 2: Yep he would probably have the cleanest balls in the Major leagues

Suffice to say after a pause that both gentlemen could not stop giggling.

i'm-uninformed2
12th August 2006, 01:00 AM
Get over yourselves you windbags

Blight is on the mark. Take, eg, the infamous Brisbane game in 05. He bagged us for kicking two goals in the firstt half and cheered us on for playing attacking footy in the second half.

In the final against Geelong, he said it would take something extraordinary for us to win.It did.

Just because someoone says we are occasionally playing poorly. . . gee, not like anyone on here ever does!!!!!!

Gary
12th August 2006, 02:34 PM
Just give me Commetti, Healy & KB for every game...wit, savvy & passion...the rest are not worth "2 bob".