PDA

View Full Version : Radio Over Tv

Destructive
12th August 2006, 03:25 PM
I just can't stand Anthony Hudson commentating on Swans games. He is so biased against them it is'nt funny. I still have nightmares about the corresponding game in 2001. In that game he was actively barracking for Melbourne, it was so obvious, it was making me sick. From the little bit I heard between turning the TV on and then the radio, it was going to be a Swans hate fest on 10 I have ABC on the radio. The only problem is that there is a obvious delay between the Radio and the TV pictures.

RogueSwan
12th August 2006, 03:26 PM
Is your delay about 1-2 secs? just keep watching, you will get used to it. ;)

Destructive
12th August 2006, 03:27 PM
Yeah, it is. I'm slowly getting used to it.

alison.z
12th August 2006, 03:44 PM
watching the game .... they called tadhg kennelly nic fosdike !!! hello, they don't even look similar... they did it in the grand final as well. the commentators are so bias against the swans .... they have been raving on about melbourne for the last half hour - i'm so sick of it!!!

Glenn
12th August 2006, 03:49 PM
TV Commentary is woeful (being kind)

RogueSwan
12th August 2006, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by alison.z
the commentators are so bias against the swans .... they have been raving on about melbourne for the last half hour - i'm so sick of it!!!
I am listening to 2mmm (sydney) and they are biased to the swans obviously, but still bag them for stupid errors. Kirk has been a popular target for taking to long with any decision. Leapin' was "arrogant" at the end of the 2nd resulting in a goal... sttill beats the teev.

AussieAnge
12th August 2006, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by RogueSwan
I am listening to 2mmm (sydney) and they are biased to the swans obviously, but still bag them for stupid errors. Kirk has been a popular target for taking to long with any decision. Leapin' was "arrogant" at the end of the 2nd resulting in a goal... sttill beats the teev.

They do have a Swans bias but they are not averse to pointing out faults and errors and being critical. They are a lot more balanced than some other commentators.

BTW I don't mind that the visual (from the teve) is delayed as I know the goal has been kicked and can celebrate early.

timthefish
12th August 2006, 05:38 PM
tv must be a bit faster through optus cable than over the air as my 2mmm call is perfectly in sync.

Margie
12th August 2006, 05:52 PM
Yes, network channels have a slight delay through Foxtel.

Provost
12th August 2006, 06:14 PM
Don't let channel 10 get wind that most people turn down the volume on the TV and tune into the radio for the call.

Otherwise all games will be shown with a half hour delay :mad:

I always have Triple MMM on for the games.

Thunder Shaker
12th August 2006, 07:12 PM
The radio coverage is usually superior to the TV even when the commentators aren't biased. The radio commentators spend most of their time describing the game, wheras the TV commentators tend to digress for all sorts of banal reasons.

is2SWaNz
12th August 2006, 10:30 PM
I listen to the radio and mute the TV. I don't like CH 10's commentators. Triple M is obviously always barracking for Sydney, but they do make comments about their poor form and stuff. It's funny too...they make me laugh sometimes.

573v30
13th August 2006, 12:22 AM
Since the footy is almost never live in Perth (except for Sunday football and a few Saturday football matches), radio is definitely the way to go. However, when the 4th quarter was about to get under way they start broadcasting the Eagles match... :mad:

melbloods78
13th August 2006, 01:45 AM
The melbourne MMM commentary team loves the swannies. gave the team some great wraps today