PDA

View Full Version : Barry Hall - Arf arf!

Sanecow
12th August 2006, 08:01 PM
Deadset, Hall drops more sitters than Phil Tufnell. Out on a lead, with his opponent metres behind it's arf-arf! slap-slap! and through the seal flippers again. He needs to watch the Riewoldt advert and get his hands into position earlier. I think I'll phone him up.

Nico
12th August 2006, 08:34 PM
Agreed, I thought he was trying to be a bit cute today, and did you notice the runner out to him in the last Q when Holland was getting on his goat. Nearly lost it. Was taken off not too long after.

But his lead just after that was quite brilliant to stick it up Holland and goal.

NMWBloods
12th August 2006, 11:40 PM
He has one of the worst marking techniques of any key forward I can recall.

Goal Sneak
13th August 2006, 02:58 AM
He is in the Top 5 in the League for marks taken. Give him a break!. I do think he has to be careful about handing out his almost ritual "love taps" - why does he bother? does he think it would worry his opponent? It simply makes him look like a frustrated sook.

ROK Lobster
13th August 2006, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by Goal Sneak
He is in the Top 5 in the League for marks taken. Give him a break! He could be 500 marks in front and the fact that he continues to drop striaght forward marks would be a problem. Arf, Arf.

Jeffers1984
13th August 2006, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by NMWBloods
He has one of the worst marking techniques of any key forward I can recall.
Agree. Many times on a one on one he trys to just clamp it by moving his arms together in the last minute (like clapping his hands) instead of positioning his hands in front of him earlier.

CureTheSane
13th August 2006, 11:33 AM
Probably needs a run in the 2's..... :)

RogueSwan
13th August 2006, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by CureTheSane
Probably needs a run in the 2's..... :)
... only if dictated by kirk ;)

katie-scarlett
13th August 2006, 04:27 PM
New Barry Hall tradition:
Must kick at least one poster every game.

NMWBloods
13th August 2006, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by katie-scarlett
Must kick at least one poster every game. Whom did he kick yesterday...?

dread and might
13th August 2006, 04:52 PM
me

giant
13th August 2006, 05:10 PM
Trade bait.

Big Al
13th August 2006, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by giant
Trade bait.

Trade to Wet Toast for Judd and Kerr.:D

goswannie14
13th August 2006, 05:45 PM
He should ask for a refund on his laser eye surgery.:p

DST
13th August 2006, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by goswannie14
He should ask for a refund on his laser eye surgery.:p

Laser eye surgey is not always the solution.

I have noticed that Hall drops a lot of marks when he has hands out in front of his face, where he seems to snatch at the ball at the last momment where it seems his eyes are not picking up the ball quick enough.

He seems to cope with this by trying to pad at the ball to stop it infornt himself and take it on the second attempt.

DST
:D