PDA

View Full Version : RWO - New management

desredandwhite
17th August 2006, 09:52 PM
Thanks again for all the messages of support etc. Thanks also to the RWO members who PMed me to offer their services or ask about the running of the site.

After careful consideration, I'm delighted to announce that there will be a change in management effective as of next week. Coming off the interchange bench will be a new consortium comprised of ScottH and Frog, who both have extensive technical backgrounds. Scott also has extended service on the RWO staff, and I am confident that they will both bring RWO to new and exciting levels that the current establishment hasn't been bothered reaching for in the last couple of years.

It's been a great ride. All the way from early '98 with the sydneyswans mailing list (first when it was onelist.com, then yahoogroups.com) that Anniswan set up. That core group of fans formed the bulk of the RWO crowd in the first year we were in business (2001), so I'd like to acknowledge Ann's contribution as well.

Thanks also to Steve Daley (if he's still floating around) for being RWO's co-founder, back in 2001... Along with all the people who have helped out behind the scenes in one way or another :)

So this weekend at Kardinia Park will be my 139th and last H&A/Finals match in charge. Here's to the next chapter! :)

ROK Lobster
17th August 2006, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by desredandwhite
Coming off the interchange bench will be [...] ScottH Scott got selected on the strength of his management of thr TLM this season, no doubt

Nico
17th August 2006, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by ROK Lobster
Scott got selected on the strength of his management of thr TLM this season, no doubt

Thanks Des, dont know what I would do without my daily hit and bagging I get. Keeps me sane. Bit disappointed though that you didn't make special mention of my magnificent and incisive posts.

ScottH
17th August 2006, 10:07 PM
Scott got selected on the strength of his management of thr TLM this season, no doubt You are obviously volunteering to take it on next year.

OT, carry on, business as usual. No changes to the current structure or make up of RWO in the near future. We're just here to help.

Frog and I look forward to the challenge of keeping this place, a place to be seen.

Any suggestions or ideas (realistic ones) will be gladly listened to.
Whether we do them is another thing.

And finally thanks Des for the work he has put in over the years and for his refereeing on certain bouts along the way. Enjoy your leisure time.

ugg
17th August 2006, 10:11 PM
Des, thanks for all your efforts throughout all the years.

ROK Lobster
17th August 2006, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by ScottH
You are obviously volunteering to take it on next year. Sure, why not.

goswannie14
17th August 2006, 10:12 PM
I have 2 suggestions...

Can we have a tongue in cheek smilie?

Can we have the rolleyes smilie back?

Thank you in anticipation of the continuance of this wonderful forum.

Thank you Des for all you have done for this place.

Danzar
17th August 2006, 10:13 PM
Well done Des. It looks like you've left RWO in safe hands....for now :D

PerthSwannie
17th August 2006, 10:17 PM
Well being a newcomer to this site I`d like to thank all the original gang members for getting this forum up and keeping it going. I only stumbled on here by googleing (Sydney Swans Chat Forum) a couple of months ago and I`m so glad I did. Before that I was just a lonely Swannie supporter here in Perth screaming in front of the tele. Now at least I`ve got other fans to scream with.

All the best Des........

Don`t be a stranger!!

NMWBloods
17th August 2006, 10:22 PM
Thanks Des - you rule. Hopefully we can see you posting a bit more now! :)

'on ya Scott & Frog - thanks!

Xie Shan
17th August 2006, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by goswannie14

Don't hold your breath GS14:

You didn't think I'd hand it over without building a couple of safeguards into the contracts did you?

I bet the lack of :rolleyes: is one of them. :p

Clever. Very clever.

Thanks again for all the work everyone's put into this site.

desredandwhite
17th August 2006, 10:34 PM

Don't know what you're talking about.

:rolleyes:

ROK Lobster
17th August 2006, 10:35 PM
Don't know what you're talking about.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

swantastic
17th August 2006, 10:45 PM
.just here to help. If your going to be the boss,get your own
Just here to help ;)

Frog
17th August 2006, 10:53 PM
Thanks
.... Des, for "Running the show" for such a long time.
.... Des, for awarding ScottH and myself the un-enviable task of filling your (large) shoes.
.... ScottH for accepting the challenge.
.... ROK Lobster for pointing out ScottH's strength.
.... All others for your good wishes.
.... My parents for ( ... nah, let's not go there :D )

Carn'a BLOODS - Let's keep this board great.

:cool:

Rizzo
17th August 2006, 10:57 PM
Thanks for keeping us up and running guys.

ugg
17th August 2006, 11:00 PM
So when the next server crash occurs, should I direct my abuse and vitriol at Frog or Scott?

Mike_B
17th August 2006, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by ugg
So when the next server crash occurs, should I direct my abuse and vitriol at Frog or Scott?

You keep directing it at Des for choosing the two of them!!! :p

Enjoy your well-earned break Des.

Congrats Scott and Frog - am sure you guys will both lead the way in continuing on the great work/service/info RWO provides.

Frog
17th August 2006, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by ugg
Scott will no doubt point the finger at me and I am (without doubt) pointing the finger at him (Just imagine it) ...
We will be too busy when that happens to take notice of your vitriol ... Abuse will fly straight by, as it should.

But direct it at me, that way Scott can get the server back up and running and I get to learn to duck ... :D

ROK Lobster
17th August 2006, 11:07 PM
What's Ando's role?

Frog
17th August 2006, 11:11 PM
What's Ando's role?

OT, carry on, business as usual. No changes to the current structure or make up of RWO in the near future.

ROK Lobster
17th August 2006, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by Frog
No changes etc etc So when do I get to be a mod?

NMWBloods
17th August 2006, 11:15 PM
So when do I get to be a mod? You already are. You just need to figure out how to activate your secret decoder ring.

stellation
17th August 2006, 11:22 PM
ScottH ...... technical backgrounds.
Does vbulletin even run on z/OS?

AussieAnge
17th August 2006, 11:23 PM
Thanks to Des for all his hard work in the past and to ScottH and Frog for all their hard work in the future. :rolleyes:

Oh and a suggestion can the new owners please remove the rule that one cannot post more than once in 60 seconds?

anniswan
17th August 2006, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by AussieAnge
Thanks to Des for all his hard work in the past and to ScottH and Frog for all their hard work in the future. :rolleyes:

Oh and a suggestion can the new owners please remove the rule that one cannot post more than once in 60 seconds?

I agree with this as on match day's if I am trying to say what is happening for those without any commentary it gets very frustrating.

NMWBloods
17th August 2006, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by stellation
Does vbulletin even run on z/OS? Can we just run it all in Excel...?

desredandwhite
17th August 2006, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by anniswan
I agree with this as on match day's if I am trying to say what is happening for those without any commentary it gets very frustrating.

I reckon we just need a better chat room.

Working on it ;)

dimelb
17th August 2006, 11:57 PM
Thanks again Des for this top spot you have helped to create and have managed so efficiently and conscientiously for the past years.
Thanks ScottH and Frog for taking on the succession. Pay no heed to pretenders.

Carolyn
18th August 2006, 12:37 AM
Thanks Des, and good luck to Scott and Frog! :D

Young Blood
18th August 2006, 01:09 AM
Thanks very much to Des, Scott and Frog.

Zlatorog
18th August 2006, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by Carolyn
Thanks Des, and good luck to Scott and Frog! :D

I concur.

Damien
18th August 2006, 08:33 AM
Congrats to Scott and Frog, thanks for keeping RWO open! :)

Thanks Des for all your hardwork also.

anne
18th August 2006, 10:39 AM
Thanks Des for all your work. Many thanks also to Scott and Frog for taking over. I would have missed this site immensely. Let us know when you need monetary contributions again.

Sanecow
18th August 2006, 11:58 AM
Wait! Wait! Wait! :rolleyes: Wow!

Captain
18th August 2006, 12:25 PM
Thanks Des, you are a legend.

Captain
18th August 2006, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Sanecow
Wait! Wait! Wait! :rolleyes: Wow!

:rolleyes:

BAM_BAM
18th August 2006, 02:41 PM
Miss J has a lot to answer for!!!! first her choice of footy team (well I guess you can't help what's been bread into you from a young age), but to add injury to insult she's now fully captured the attention of our Des and has swayed him from the orb that is RWO. ;)

Just remember use the force Des, don't go over to the dark (cold chilly bottom of the earth - no offence Cher) Side

thank you, thank you, thank you Des! Have made a lot of good friends as a result of your hard work keeping this ship right.

Sanecow
18th August 2006, 02:44 PM
I heard that he wears a Cats jumper around the house.

ScottH
18th August 2006, 03:16 PM
I heard that he wears a Cats jumper around the house. They're his PJ's.

Rod_
18th August 2006, 03:27 PM
Des and helpers

Thanks for starting, organising and running of RWO over the past few years.

Cheers

Rod_

Layby
18th August 2006, 03:31 PM
With the new regime:

Can we have (unbiased) moderating, with moderators older then 15, (ScottH excluded, he is clearly a crusty old bloke)?

Have footyhead back ?

ScottH
18th August 2006, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by Layby
With the new regime:

Can we have (unbiased) moderating, with moderators older then 15, (ScottH excluded, he is clearly a crusty old bloke)?

Have footyhead back ? Thx, I'm not that crusty, I had my yearly scaling recently. And AFAIK most of the mods are over 15.

Unbiased is an intersting word. It is all about interpretation, what some people see as offensive/breach of rules, others don't. We try to consult on matters where there is a fine line, but sometimes there are no other mods to consult with and it is up to the discretion of the mod at the time. This issue has been addressed by Des a number of times, and I think we are doing a reasonable job, after al lwe are all volunteers.

I can only stress that if something upsets/concerns you, that you report the post/poster and we will investigate. If you see something unbiased please feel free to contact myself or frog via PM or email.

As for Footyhead, it is up to him to approach us and convince us that he will remain with the forum rules.

ugg
18th August 2006, 04:20 PM
If you see something unbiased

Rare as hen's teeth around here.

ScottH
18th August 2006, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by ugg
Rare as hen's teeth around here. Good, it's working then!!!

stellation
18th August 2006, 04:40 PM
Good, it's working then!!!
So you found the z/OS version?

ugg
18th August 2006, 04:58 PM
Scott's manually codes the 1s and 0s for each post.

ScottH
18th August 2006, 05:14 PM
So you found the z/OS version? Uncle Bill is writing it for me.

Sanecow
18th August 2006, 05:43 PM
Is it true you drink in moderation?

ScottH
18th August 2006, 05:46 PM
Is it true you drink in moderation? Only with Duncan.

swantastic
18th August 2006, 07:05 PM
Only with Duncan. Cause Duncans me mate.

Provost
18th August 2006, 09:37 PM
Only with Duncan. and only in the Town & Country.

stellation
19th August 2006, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by Provost
and only in the Town & Country.
Okay, I can't help it...
The atmosphere at that particular establishment is, well, great!

goswannie14
19th August 2006, 08:44 AM
Okay, I can't help it...
The atmosphere at that particular establishment is, well, great! But I want to know,

Do they ever, ever, ever, get rolling drunk?

ScottH
19th August 2006, 06:33 PM
But I want to know,

Do they ever, ever, ever, get rolling drunk? You haven't seen stellas night time posts have you!!

Layby
21st August 2006, 11:15 AM
Thx, I'm not that crusty, I had my yearly scaling recently. And AFAIK most of the mods are over 15.

As for Footyhead, it is up to him to approach us and convince us that he will remain with the forum rules.

Come on Scotty, Crusty is as crusty does !

Actually, modding seems to have improved, no deleting of posts selectively & arbitrarily anymore so probably unfair. I think the main culprits have gone now

Bring back footyhead tho he was good value.

goswannie14
21st August 2006, 11:30 AM
You haven't seen stellas night time posts have you!! Oh yeah, and that thread too.;)

Wardy
21st August 2006, 02:09 PM
thanks Des - enjoy your new life.

Good luck Scott & Frog - I'm sure you keep us inline (especially the unruly over 40 types, they are bad bad news!!!;)

swantastic
21st August 2006, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Wardy
I'm sure you keep us inline (especially the unruly over 40 types, they are bad bad news!!!;) Yeh but we could put all you old timers into a retirement home,that would save Boss Frog/Boss Scotty all the trouble.;) ;)

goswannie14
21st August 2006, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by swantastic
Yeh but we could put all you old timers into a retirement home,that would save Boss Frog/Boss Scotty all the trouble.;) ;) Watch it sonny boy.;)

penga
24th August 2006, 11:20 PM
Thanks Des.