PDA

View Full Version : Worsfold to copy Roos

ugg
5th September 2006, 11:04 AM
Eagles attack to counter Goodes (http://theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,20867,20353234-36035,00.html)

Rather than using a tagger to negate Goodes, who is in career-best form, Worsfold may take a leaf out of the book of his counterpart this weekend, Paul Roos, by assigning an attacking player to the 2003 Brownlow medallist in Saturday night's qualifying final.

Get your own ideas John!

573v30
5th September 2006, 01:17 PM
Woosha is already @@@@ting in his pants... :D

goswannie14
5th September 2006, 01:42 PM
I heard he was going to play Judd on Goodes.:p

Slick Swans
5th September 2006, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by goswannie14
I heard he was going to play Judd on Goodes.:p

It happened for a brief period last time they played.

AnnieH
5th September 2006, 05:34 PM
Goodsey's gunna run rings around them and they're already shaking their heads in disbelief.

nomae
5th September 2006, 06:15 PM
Rather than using a tagger to negate Goodes, who is in career-best form, Worsfold may take a leaf out of the book of his counterpart this weekend, Paul Roos, by assigning an attacking player to the 2003 Brownlow medallist in Saturday night's qualifying final.
shouldnt that say 2003 + 2006 brownlow medallist? ;)

Zlatorog
5th September 2006, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by Annie's@Home
Goodsey's gunna run rings around them and they're already shaking their heads in disbelief.

I just hope he'll be carefull. I don't want him to be taken out by some ill-mannered player at the beginning of the game. Mind my word he will be targeted.

AnnieH
5th September 2006, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by Zlatorog
I just hope he'll be carefull. I don't want him to be taken out by some ill-mannered player at the beginning of the game. Mind my word he will be targeted.

The Budgies can be dirty little so-and-so's.
He better be bloody careful !!
Roosey will look after him.

Zlatorog
5th September 2006, 09:25 PM
It looks to me some of the WCE players can also play dirty. Here's what I've found on the Surf Coast Footy Chat about the prospects of WCE winning a flag:

Pros: You've got to respect a club with so much character, skill, tenacity and (alleged) gangland connections. Especially the (alleged) gangland connections. Cos if you don't, well... The Swan River is kind of deep and those concrete boots sure are heavy...

Cons: It's not just Sam Mitchell and Hawthorn supporters that still haven't forgiven Daniel Kerr for his nut-jobbing antics earlier in the season, it's every self-respecting man on the planet with a penis and matching sack set. I was doubled over in pain and had tears in my eyes for days after just watching it on the telly.

Link (http://www.surfcoastfootychat.com/sqbsays06.htm)

So, Daniel, keep your hands off Adam's "family jewels". :D

AnnieH
6th September 2006, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by Zlatorog
Pros: You've got to respect a club with so much character, skill, tenacity and (alleged) gangland connections. Especially the (alleged) gangland connections. Cos if you don't, well... The Swan River is kind of deep and those concrete boots sure are heavy...

So, Daniel, keep your hands off Adam's "family jewels". :D

Otherwise you'll go for a swim in our "deeper" harbour and I'll supply two holden gearboxes for your floaties.

RogueSwan
7th September 2006, 12:11 PM
I think the net result of the Weagles putting an attacking player on Goodes is going to be in our favour. Obviously (maybe not) we will try and shutdown their gun midfielders, otherwise Lynch will slaughter Leapin'. Therefore all the attacking players with the legs to match Goodes should already be taken. This leaves a non midfielder Wiggle free. Will this free Wiggle be as damaging as Goodes?
I don't think it is as simple as that, is it? :confused:

TheHood
7th September 2006, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by RogueSwan
I think the net result of the Weagles putting an attacking player on Goodes is going to be in our favour. Obviously (maybe not) we will try and shutdown their gun midfielders, otherwise Lynch will slaughter Leapin'. Therefore all the attacking players with the legs to match Goodes should already be taken. This leaves a non midfielder Wiggle free. Will this free Wiggle be as damaging as Goodes?
I don't think it is as simple as that, is it? :confused:

Personally I would start trying to put Stenglein on Goodesy, but that's just me.

AnnieH
7th September 2006, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by TheHood
Personally I would start trying to put Stenglein on Goodesy, but that's just me.

Trying Stenglein is a start.
Goodsey will just run rings.

Schneiderman
7th September 2006, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by TheHood

Truth is, last year that worked because Goodes was less fit. This year.... ha ha ha haaaaa.

Noone but Judd can run with Goodes. And Goode marks better.

We'll see, but I reckon without Kerr or Embley, they are a few key players short.

A great opportunity for us to get them over there.