PDA

View Full Version : Jolly dislocates finger

RogueSwan
8th September 2006, 09:18 AM
There is a sickening photo of Jolly with a dislocated finger in todays SMH. I don't have an online link but I can't look at it anymore. Article says he will be fine to play! :confused:

Schneiderman
8th September 2006, 09:22 AM
He'll be fine. Just a dislocation, which you'll find most AFL players suffer numerous times in their careers.

ScottH
8th September 2006, 09:25 AM
It's in here (http://www.redandwhiteonline.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=243754#post243754)

BigBadBarryNo1
8th September 2006, 09:32 AM
He'll be sweet for it. Tape it up.. a bit of ice, and it's all good..

All the better reason to win tomorrow so he can have a weeks rest..

Matt79
8th September 2006, 09:36 AM
At least it was on his left hand as well.

Captain
8th September 2006, 09:38 AM
Daniel Chick is missing a few fingers and still plays, so a sore finger for big Jolly won't be a problem.

BigBadBarryNo1
8th September 2006, 09:42 AM
Ouch ouch ouch..

Nothing an ice pack and an injection wouldn't fix though..

http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2006/09/07/darrenjolly_narrowweb__300x441,0.jpg

RogueSwan
8th September 2006, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Schneiderman
He'll be fine. Just a dislocation, which you'll find most AFL players suffer numerous times in their careers.
the close up photo in the paper shows the skin torn open. You can see white stuff.

ScottH I did a scan of title threads, did think to look in a thread about Kirk. :p

adnar
8th September 2006, 11:09 AM
Ugh.

As bad as it looks, most footy player will do this injury quite often and will get it strapped and iced and they'll be good to go.

/looks at crooked finger

giant
8th September 2006, 11:36 AM
I blame barry - no sooner is he conjecturing what would happen to us if Jolly went down, but he does a finger. That's some evil mojo you've got barry - take it the Eagles Board pls!

graystar
8th September 2006, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Matt79
At least it was on his left hand as well.

He might be a Left-hand Luke though

PerthSwannie
8th September 2006, 12:03 PM
I swear I`m a jinx to the Swans when I see the live. I went to the Swans training yesterday for the first time and look what happened.(Kirk & Jolly).

@@@@ me!!!

And yes, I`m going to the game saturday. OH cripes.!!!!!

mocaholic
8th September 2006, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by PerthSwannie
I swear I`m a jinx to the Swans when I see the live. I went to the Swans training yesterday for the first time and look what happened.(Kirk & Jolly).

@@@@ me!!!

And yes, I`m going to the game saturday. OH cripes.!!!!! Wear Eagles get up then!

Bart
8th September 2006, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by mocaholic
Wear Eagles get up then!

Has anyone been flown to Perth as backup for Jolly. That looks like a terrible injury.

Shaw ?

woo
8th September 2006, 03:24 PM
holy crap, I just went on the SMH thinking it was dislocated finger picture free, but NO....it came up in a close up on the revolving story at the top of the webpage...ewwwwwwww...
it makes my knees weak

adnar
8th September 2006, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Bart
Has anyone been flown to Perth as backup for Jolly. That looks like a terrible injury.

Shaw ?

Phillips can ruck can't he?

That picture on closer inspection looks like it has been touched up. There's no way you could break your whole finger off like that showing bone without it being stuck in some sort of industrial machine.

woo
8th September 2006, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by adnar
Phillips can ruck can't he?

I just spat out my water......LOLOLOLOL

adnar
8th September 2006, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by woo
I just spat out my water......LOLOLOLOL

Phillips: 173cm 65kg
Cox : 204cm 102kg

Couldn't be worse than Chambers.

andy0414
8th September 2006, 04:26 PM
Phillips looked really good at training yesterday.
Very enthusiastic with good skills.

Agent 86
8th September 2006, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Schneiderman
Looks more than a dislocation. They could almost sew it back on the other hand.

Ryan Bomford
8th September 2006, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Agent 86
Looks more than a dislocation. They could almost sew it back on the other hand.

Don't discount the fact that he could be double or even triple jointed.

barry
8th September 2006, 07:01 PM
I cant bring myself to look at the picture, but if its a compound fracture, then sure that will effect his marking. Hit outs should be ok.

Sounds very dodgy.

Wheres our backup.....oh thats right we sent him packing.
:rolleyes:

Danzar
8th September 2006, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by barry
I cant bring myself to look at the picture, but if its a compound fracture, then sure that will effect his marking. Hit outs should be ok.

Sounds very dodgy.

Wheres our backup.....oh thats right we sent him packing.
:rolleyes:
That's the thing - it's clearly broken the skin and I can't see how he'll be able to bend the finger (he'll break the skin).

I mean, he could wear a glove, but....

BLT
8th September 2006, 08:15 PM
Did anyone else see Chicky Chicky Bang Bang on the news saying that the Weagles would be looking to target Jolly's finger?!

The footage of him running off with his finger pointing sideways made my skin crawl! Ulgh!

Reminded me how tough Cressa was when he dislocated his knee, banged it back in and didn't want to come off....

Danzar
8th September 2006, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by @@@
Did anyone else see Chicky Chicky Bang Bang on the news saying that the Weagles would be looking to target Jolly's finger?!

The footage of him running off with his finger pointing sideways made my skin crawl! Ulgh!

Reminded me how tough Cressa was when he dislocated his knee, banged it back in and didn't want to come off....
No, I didn't. They'd better @@@@ing not!

swansrock4eva
8th September 2006, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by Danzar
That's the thing - it's clearly broken the skin and I can't see how he'll be able to bend the finger (he'll break the skin).

I mean, he could wear a glove, but....

He probably won't be able to bend the finger whether he's broken the skin or not. Inflammation alone will probably see to that. But it doesn't look as though it has broken the skin - there's no blood. It's not uncommon for the skin to go white at the site of an injury like that as it is being stretched a long way beyond its normal limits, which reduces the bloodfloow for a time and accordingly reduces the colour of the skin to a paler shade than normal. But some good strapping, maybe a splint, and hopefully he'll be ok to go tomorrow night.

As to targetting a finger, what are they gonna do, grab at any available finger in a pack, hoping they'll grab his? Step on every hand on the ground just in case?

Agent 86
8th September 2006, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by @@@
No, but it gives me an idea... maybe amputation is an option?

Agent 86
8th September 2006, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by swansrock4eva
He probably won't be able to bend the finger whether he's broken the skin or not. Inflammation alone will probably see to that. But it doesn't look as though it has broken the skin - there's no blood. It's not uncommon for the skin to go white at the site of an injury like that as it is being stretched a long way beyond its normal limits, which reduces the bloodfloow for a time and accordingly reduces the colour of the skin to a paler shade than normal. But some good strapping, maybe a splint, and hopefully he'll be ok to go tomorrow night.

As to targetting a finger, what are they gonna do, grab at any available finger in a pack, hoping they'll grab his? Step on every hand on the ground just in case?
Looks like blood in the SMH pic. Not sure if I wanna know what the white stuff is but it reminds me of when I got shot in the hand with a slug gun when I was a kid - not much blood but a lot of ugly white stuff.

cruiser
8th September 2006, 10:32 PM
Both the picture in the SMH and the footage on TV was horrific. Easily as bad as the Creswell knee cap.

nomae
9th September 2006, 12:16 AM
just saw the pic in the herald- EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!! :eek:

AnnieH
9th September 2006, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by Ryan Bomford
Don't discount the fact that he could be double or even triple jointed.

... if he wasn't before, he certainly is now.
Big ouchy. He's gunna need band-aids AND a mummy kiss to make it better.
Poor bloke.