PDA

View Full Version : the gilbee gang...

Industrial Fan
14th September 2006, 05:07 PM
I just read that Gilbee was offered a 3 yr deal by the swans in 2004....how nicely would he fit into our team....

Also read that Travis Johnstone was perilously close to signing with us a year or two ago.....

Perhaps there is a reason that every player up for grabs in the trade season is linked to the swans??

I love trade week.

adnar
14th September 2006, 05:12 PM
Where did you read this? Bigfooty? Sound like BS conjecture to me.

Industrial Fan
14th September 2006, 05:13 PM
herald sun....

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,20409495%255E20322,00.html

adnar
14th September 2006, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Marry me Goodes
herald sun....

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,20409495%255E20322,00.html

Even Worse! ;)

Jeffers1984
14th September 2006, 05:57 PM
Yep IIRC Gilbee was looking for a trade to the Swans but when Rodney Eade came in he quashed any chance of that happening.

Birdman
14th September 2006, 07:03 PM
Yeah actually he put in a request due to uncertain times at the Dogs, to come up here. But when Rocket came he sat him down and convinved him to say. THe following year he became a gun. Would be nice in the team but no major loss.

As amazingly skilled as Johnstone is, he is too soft to fit into the Bloods ethos.

Bleed Red Blood
14th September 2006, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by Birdman
Yeah actually he put in a request due to uncertain times at the Dogs, to come up here. But when Rocket came he sat him down and convinved him to say. THe following year he became a gun. Would be nice in the team but no major loss.

As amazingly skilled as Johnstone is, he is too soft to fit into the Bloods ethos.

Yeah I remember the Gilbee thing. Was he linked to Saddo?

Johnstone isn't soft.

dread and might
15th September 2006, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by Bleed Red Blood

Johnstone isn't soft.

Maybe not soft. Overrated.
Worst ever #1 pick though IMHO.

Jeffers1984
15th September 2006, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by dread and might
*cough* Clive Waterhouse *cough*

RogueSwan
15th September 2006, 10:06 AM
he may have flourished at a different club? We have seen it happen many a time. He has exemplary skills when firing

Jeffers1984
15th September 2006, 12:49 PM
Back on Gilbee, imagine if the trade went through. Malceski a left footed gun on one half back flank and Gilbee the right footed gun on the other half back flank.

Kennelly to the wing/HF.

Industrial Fan
15th September 2006, 12:55 PM

I rate Johnstone.

I think he is that outside midfielder that is in short supply in the red and white. Although he doesnt get his hands dirty that often, he has great skills, and can break a game open.

Players like that are in short supply.

Perhaps that would give us someone other than Davis to bitch about for not wearing his heart on his sleeve?? ;)

ROK Lobster
15th September 2006, 01:16 PM
I rate Johnstone.

I think he is that outside midfielder that is in short supply in the red and white. Although he doesnt get his hands dirty that often, he has great skills, and can break a game open.

Perhaps that would give us someone other than Davis to bitch about for not wearing his heart on his sleeve?? ;) There was a time when I thought that maybe that was why we had acquired Spriggs.

giant
15th September 2006, 02:12 PM
I rate Johnstone.

Agreed. Not necessarily the first bloke I'd choose in the trenches with me, but he and Hodge are probably the two best deliverers inside 50 in the comp. That's worth something I reckon.

swantastic
15th September 2006, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Jeffers1984
Back on Gilbee, imagine if the trade went through. Malceski a left footed gun on one half back flank and Gilbee the right footed gun on the other half back flank.

Kennelly to the wing/HF. I'd like to see that.:)