PDA

View Full Version : Too excited to work

hammo
18th September 2006, 12:54 PM
This thread should be used by those of us who can't concentrate on work this week. Reading RWO isn't helping.

I can't believe its only Monday!!

I will be taking Friday off as I will useless anyway and need to harness all my nervous energy into supporting the Swans.

woo
18th September 2006, 12:59 PM
oh hammo, I am right with you, I am very nervous...I hate pre match jitters as much s I love them,...HA.

I might wear my jersey to work on fri...just so as everyone in the office can confirm my idiot status

cruiser
18th September 2006, 01:05 PM
My concentration at work last year in the two weeks before the GF was so bad that this year I've taken two weeks holiday.

anniswan
18th September 2006, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by cruiser
My concentration at work last year in the two weeks before the GF was so bad that this year I've taken two weeks holiday.

Likewise, however I have resigned so I dont' have to even go back to work on the Monday after :D :D

AnnieH
18th September 2006, 01:13 PM
OH MY GOD ... I THOUGHT IT WAS JUST ME!!!:D

Has this been the longest "week off" in your life!!!

It's driving me N.V.T.S (ref: old Mel Brook Movie ... History of the World Part 1 ... it's a classic. Find it. Hire it.)

Bring on Friday.

CARN BLOODS

garethb83
18th September 2006, 01:30 PM
I agree all. Between me poking fun at the St Kilda supporter in our office who has turned to support Freo in hatred of Sydney, and my other fellow Swans supporter who is going to the game this friday as well, not a lot of work going to happen this week!!!

BLT
18th September 2006, 01:36 PM
not only can i not stop getting excited about friday night, but i can't stop panicking about trying to get tickets tomorrow! i'm even dreaming about it!

is2SWaNz
18th September 2006, 01:50 PM
ditto guys. ditto guys. i got school [high school], and i've got my prelim exams!!! arghness... i've been studying 1 month before my exams becuase i knew i wouldn't be able to concentrate come finals time. i'm dying from this looooong week. i wish it was friday...over and done with! :)

woo
18th September 2006, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by @@@
not only can i not stop getting excited about friday night, but i can't stop panicking about trying to get tickets tomorrow! i'm even dreaming about it!

if its not one thing its another,

not sure if I am alone in this, but the whole booking a ticket for a grand final is giving me nerves of jumping the gun etc

anniswan
18th September 2006, 04:14 PM
We don't leave Melbourne till Wednesday and my daughter is sitting in front of me packing the suitcase making sure that we have every peice of red and white we own in the case.

AnnieH
18th September 2006, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by anniswan
We don't leave Melbourne till Wednesday and my daughter is sitting in front of me packing the suitcase making sure that we have every peice of red and white we own in the case.

Pack some warm-weather clothes anniswan ... it's 26 today and they say it's gunna be like summer all week (saying that, don't forget a warm jumper in case it snows!!).
Cheers
:D

anniswan
18th September 2006, 04:31 PM
Thanks for that, I have checked out the BOM site and the kids are so looking forward to some hot weather so they can swim.

I'm getting excited now!

Jeffers1984
18th September 2006, 05:04 PM
***musttt laassst tillll ffffridayyy...***

Jeffers1984
18th September 2006, 05:04 PM
***musttt laassst tillll ffffridayyy...***

BLT
18th September 2006, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Jeffers1984
***musttt laassst tillll ffffridayyy...*** but how?! hooooooooooooooow?

LittleSchneider
18th September 2006, 08:31 PM
I have an assignment due on Friday which I havent started as yet cause Im just too excited and nervous about the swans. On top of that I have a job interview and an appointment with my surgeon on Thursday - AHHH what a week.

Matt79
18th September 2006, 10:19 PM
Every Friday we have a staff morning tea with a theme. I have convinced the powers that be, the theme for Friday be RED AND WHITE for the Swans!! :D

ROK Lobster
18th September 2006, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by cruiser
My concentration at work last year in the two weeks before the GF was so bad that this year I've taken two weeks holiday. You are a gem.

Danzar
18th September 2006, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by Matt79
Every Friday we have a staff morning tea with a theme. I have convinced the powers that be, the theme for Friday be RED AND WHITE for the Swans!! :D
Hmmm, five people in our office are going - 25% of the office.

We're all leaving early, whether you're going to the game or not - probably because our CEO is one of the ones going.

cruiser
18th September 2006, 10:43 PM
Thanks for that, I have checked out the BOM site and the kids are so looking forward to some hot weather so they can swim. I went for a swim down my local beach this afternoon and it was beautiful. 27C air temp and even the water temp was OK (19C I think)

tantrum
18th September 2006, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by LittleSchneider
I have a job interview and an appointment with my surgeon on Thursday

Wow, they're really taking the selection process seriously!

Well, over here the match starts at lunchtime while I am at work. My calendar now has a 4-hour "meeting" in the middle of the day. If I had a personal assistant I'd be asking him/her to "hold all my calls".

Go Swans.

swantastic
18th September 2006, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by LittleSchneider
I have a appointment with my surgeon on Thursday Oh ACL ,your gawn for season.;)

Carolyn
18th September 2006, 11:11 PM
This week is very busy for me.
I have an assignment due on Thursday and another one due on Wednesday. I have a Maths and Geography test on Thursday as well and a Food Tech practical exam on the Friday. My class is being tested on making pikelets and I'll probably burn mine because I won't be able to concentrate...

ROK Lobster
18th September 2006, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by Carolyn
My class is being tested on making pikelets and I'll probably burn mine because I won't be able to concentrate... That's pressure.

katie-scarlett
19th September 2006, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by ROK Lobster
That's pressure.
Pressure cooker.

Oops, really bad attempt at a pun..

Originally posted by @@@
but how?! hooooooooooooooow?
Annoy those NRL fans at work to the extent that you get forced to take the week off.

Industrial Fan
19th September 2006, 12:33 PM
I cant believe it is only Tuesday!!!

AnnieH
19th September 2006, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Marry me Goodes
I cant believe it is only Tuesday!!!

At least it's Tuesday MMG and most of us have now got the GF ticketing nightmare behind us.
Bring on the Quokkers!!

BigBadBarryNo1
19th September 2006, 02:02 PM
I reckon.. 3.5 hours hitting REDIAL on my phone.. >,<

CANNOT WAIIIITTTT for a Swans/Eagles repeat..

BAM_BAM
19th September 2006, 02:35 PM
nervous upset tummy energy today.

Had yesterday off for a shopping and girlie day of facials and nails etc with my 5 year old niece (she was so cute sitting beside me with a peel off face mask drying). Now I'm at work and just can't get anything done.

have 3 different email groups going at the moment and want to play on here as much as possible but am not allowed to (at lunch at present, should've gone back to working about 15 mins ago).

have reinvented cheer cheer to suit my mood and just wish it was Friday already. My Golly Gee how will we be next week?

satchmopugdog
19th September 2006, 02:49 PM
I'm on holiday thank heavens. My youngest keeps saying, "Get off that computer it won't make the time go any faster."

Better do some gardening.

music_2000
20th September 2006, 12:45 AM
yeah I haven't been concentrating in my uni lectures and can't stop thinking or reading the tabloids about the swans. this feels like the longest week of my life, constantly worried about Freo and the what if scenarios "what if Farmer takes a matchwinning mark?", what if Hallsy banana kicks and misses to the left?"

tawfiq
20th September 2006, 01:14 AM
this has been the longest week in my life, having said that, there are other factors contributing to it, but the main one is the swans game on friday, they say patience is a virtue, hope it pays off on friday (although the freo supporters may have the same belief and only one of us can win)

Egan
20th September 2006, 01:28 AM
The Dockers are having very little media coverage...

They have virtually been forgotten...thanks to closed sessions by Fremantle and the fact the Eagles are expected to beat Adelaide this week, so are the bigger story.

I wouldn't dismiss an upset, I am expecting a brilliant match.

ScottH
20th September 2006, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by Egan
The Dockers are having very little media coverage...

They have virtually been forgotten...thanks to closed sessions by Fremantle and the fact the Eagles are expected to beat Adelaide this week, so are the bigger story.

I wouldn't dismiss an upset, I am expecting a brilliant match. All finals teams are getting very little coverage on Melb. News. Last night on CH Eddie the first story was about Didak and his knee. At this stage of the season who cares, did some one forget to tell them "Season OVER". This was followed by a brief story about Sydney and their preparations. Roos saying nothing and Morris Iemma wearing a Swans scarf. End of Footy news.

AnnieH
20th September 2006, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by ScottH
All finals teams are getting very little coverage on Melb. News. Last night on CH Eddie the first story was about Didak and his knee. At this stage of the season who cares, did some one forget to tell them "Season OVER". This was followed by a brief story about Sydney and their preparations. Roos saying nothing and Morris Iemma wearing a Swans scarf. End of Footy news.

WELCOME MEXICANS ... TO SYDNEY AFL MEDIA COVERAGE!!!
Enjoying it???
Now you can see why I get so frustrated at the media coverage here in Sydney. Bogan League (SP... YAY) wins up here.
What about print media? Ours is actually building up ... I think there were two paragraphs in the papers yesterday.
:D

goswannie14
20th September 2006, 10:16 AM
Thanks for that, I have checked out the BOM site and the kids are so looking forward to some hot weather so they can swim.

I'm getting excited now! Hey Ann, couldn't the kids swim yesterday when it was 31 in Melbourne?:confused:

j s
20th September 2006, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by music_2000
yeah I haven't been concentrating in my uni lectures You should switch to Club Mac - they have already started the semester break.

JF_Bay22_SCG
20th September 2006, 11:26 AM
I had a lot of trouble sleeping last night. But that had as much to do with the winter doona as the Prelim final I guess.

I'm mega jumpy at work to be honest. Still a bit stressed trying to organise the logistics of getting all the stuff I took to Perth out to Homebush. But I only have to do this once more this season.

Have had a stressful couple of weeks having to swap shifts at work both for today & next week. But it should be all worth it.

Have a deal with the 'feral' Crow supporter who sits next to me at work that if she does my late shift on the Friday before the GF (so i can go to Melbourne for the Grand Final parade that day) if we beat them in the GF then I am not allowed to mention it at all. Being desperate to go, I settled on that too! She called it blackmail, but secretly fears having to sit next to a gloating enemy as well! :p

JF

AnnieH
20th September 2006, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by JF_Bay22_SCG
Have a deal with the 'feral' Crow supporter who sits next to me at work that if she does my late shift on the Friday before the GF (so i can go to Melbourne for the Grand Final parade that day) if we beat them in the GF then I am not allowed to mention it at all. Being desperate to go, I settled on that too! She called it blackmail, but secretly fears having to sit next to a gloating enemy as well! :p
JF

The only other AFL supporter at my work is an Essendon supporter. I felt sorry for him, so I showed him my grand final ticket letter ... it'll be a while before he sees one addressed to him!! :D

Wardy
20th September 2006, 11:38 AM
I havent been thinking straight either, the sleepless night on Monday night didnt help (worrying about barcodes that didnt arrive intime and "will we get through on the phone line?"), now I have the day off and have got all the same symptoms of a rotten spring cold that I had Preliminary Final week last year - its a sign!!!! If we get through, I will be reduced to doing my filing, looking out the window of my office and mucking around on RWO.
My boss understands, hes a soccer & cricket tragic, so he's not expecting much from me in the next week or so.;) He was a little concerned yesterday though when I came oh so close to falling asleep in a meeting, but I managed to somehow keep my eyes open.:)

ScottH
20th September 2006, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Annie Haddad
WELCOME MEXICANS ... TO SYDNEY AFL MEDIA COVERAGE!!!
Enjoying it???
Now you can see why I get so frustrated at the media coverage here in Sydney. Bogan League (SP... YAY) wins up here.
What about print media? Ours is actually building up ... I think there were two paragraphs in the papers yesterday.
:D My point was not the lack of media coverage, more the fact that Collingwood got top billing in the sports section, when their season is OVER.

swantastic
20th September 2006, 08:27 PM
Hard to concentrate today at work so i finished early what a bugger.Myself and my daughter are heading up to canada tomorrow night with the melbourne members on the bus,its a long trip but my daughter loves it.Ah the sacrafices we make.

JF_Bay22_SCG
20th September 2006, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by swantastic
Myself and my daughter are heading up to canada tomorrow night with the melbourne members on the bus.

Bienvenue au 'Canada' vous cygnes voyageants!

http://www.redandwhiteonline.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14510&highlight=canadian+flag

JF

JF_Bay22_SCG
20th September 2006, 10:33 PM
For anyone dreaming of already being in the ground, well you can be there, virtually speaking of course, by going to the Trujillo Stadium virtual tour.

http://www.telstrastadium.com.au/virtualtour_catS.aspx?link_id=15

Hope that helps at least a few of you.

Personally I'm getting sicker with nerves by the hour. You'd think that having been through this last year would have put us in good stead for this year. No chance of that I'm afraid! :eek: :o

JF