PDA

View Full Version : Swans in the International Rules squad

Rafters
2nd October 2006, 12:02 AM
How many do you think will:

a) make the squad;
b) ultimately play - given the penchant for players to pull out for family/injury reasons

NMWBloods
2nd October 2006, 12:04 AM
Hopefully none. Crouch getting injured last year may have ultimately cost us a flag.

Mogg0
2nd October 2006, 12:04 AM
I reckon you'll get Goodes, O'Keefe, C Bolton or Kirk on the team.

Damien
2nd October 2006, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by Mogg0
I reckon you'll get Goodes, O'Keefe, C Bolton or Kirk on the team.

Yeah and Kennelly in the Irish squad.

dendol
2nd October 2006, 12:06 AM
and Kennelly for the Irish.

ugg
2nd October 2006, 02:19 AM
O'Keefe Davis.

Maybe Craig Bolton but they picked Dale Morris last year and they're very similar players.

liz
2nd October 2006, 05:56 AM
Originally posted by NMWBloods
Hopefully none. Crouch getting injured last year may have ultimately cost us a flag.

That is stretching things a bit far. It was two years ago that Crouch played and got injured.

And the injury that most seems to have affected him this year is an ankle injury, something left over from last year's GF. Maybe we should have rested him from that match...

NMWBloods
2nd October 2006, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by liz
That is stretching things a bit far. It was two years ago that Crouch played and got injured.

And the injury that most seems to have affected him this year is an ankle injury, something left over from last year's GF. Maybe we should have rested him from that match... Oh well, I was just trying to guess what injury had affected him seeing he doesn't say. I thought it was a recurrence of his collar bone.

Nevertheless, my point stands still. It's a complete waste of time.

liz
2nd October 2006, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by NMWBloods
Oh well, I was just trying to guess what injury had affected him seeing he doesn't say. I thought it was a recurrence of his collar bone.

He has come out recently and been more open about his injuries. It is possible his collarbone is still bothering him, but he's been hobbling around for the past few weeks with his foot in plaster, after it was revealed he tore a tendon off the bone.

Sanecow
2nd October 2006, 12:38 PM
ROK, Davis and maybe a surprise youngster (or Spriggsy!).