PDA

View Full Version : The missing link!

Lucky Knickers
5th October 2006, 01:55 PM
Given we only lost by a point, was the player we REALLY missed Crouch?

I think yes.

All things being equal, an effective shut down on one of Judd, Kerr and Cousins would have changed the game significantly.

Guzzitza
5th October 2006, 01:56 PM
Hahahahha
I thought this was a thread about LRT!

Thankyou, you have just made my rather boring day. :D

giant
5th October 2006, 01:57 PM
It's already been decided what was to blame - it was Jolly's pecker.

Industrial Fan
5th October 2006, 01:59 PM
When I opened this I assumed we were further discussing Kepler Bradley.

The banana offer still stands.

Guzzitza
5th October 2006, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by giant
It's already been decided what was to blame - it was Jolly's pecker.

All 206cm of it. Ouch.

Nico
5th October 2006, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Lucky Knickers
Given we only lost by a point, was the player we REALLY missed Crouch?

I think yes.

All things being equal, an effective shut down on one of Judd, Kerr and Cousins would have changed the game significantly.

Try "Choker" Bolton.

woo
5th October 2006, 02:59 PM
guys I just went onto getty images and looked at LAST years grand final pictures..

ugghhh...my heart will need a while to mend..

and yep I do think crouch was the missing link...we needed his mental and physical toughness...

and I still think it was our casual game plan that lost us that game, we casually walked onto that paddock whilst fans like me struggled to hold any food down all week from nerves...and still do from the pain of defeat

One thing I do like from all getty images from WCE getting the cup etc, is that in the background is all swans supporters ruining the photo. HA..not that I am bitter..

Ryan Bomford
5th October 2006, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Nico
Try "Choker" Bolton.

I'm disappointed. I was expecting that you would be implicating Bevo in the loss somehow!

Mike
5th October 2006, 03:19 PM
I watched the replay of last years GF last week, and every time Crouch got the ball in cringed. He's solid. He can run, and he can deliver into the forwards, and he can niggle the most relaxed opposition. We definately missed him.

is2SWaNz
5th October 2006, 04:25 PM
I watched the 05 GF last night. I never realised how significant crouch was in the GF. He really set up goals, and very solid, strong and good at making decisions. In the 2nd Q there were 4/5 WCE players around him, he flicked the ball into space which resulted in Snides kicking a goal. Crouch is significant, and yes, if he was in the team and not injure, he'll probably hold down Judd or Kerr. :( We need Crouch.

AnnieH
5th October 2006, 04:27 PM
What about Willo?????

Mike
5th October 2006, 04:28 PM
For our own sanity, we mustn't say we need Willo, coz he ain't comin back!

:D

woo
5th October 2006, 04:31 PM
we did not need willo..would have been nice, but we didn't

Missy
5th October 2006, 06:46 PM
We missed Bally...duh!

Nico
5th October 2006, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by Ryan Bomford
I'm disappointed. I was expecting that you would be implicating Bevo in the loss somehow!

My big hope with Bevo is that he is in the trade for Spida.

Agent 86
5th October 2006, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by Guzzitza
Hahahahha
I thought this was a thread about LRT!

Thankyou, you have just made my rather boring day. :D Hmmmm.... I thought it was about Gehrig.