PDA

View Full Version : Trade Week Update

Bas
9th October 2006, 05:44 PM
I thought I would start a new thread which was more appropriate to what is actually happening during this week and not what people think should be happening.

It will make it easier for RWO members to check up on what's been happening on any particular day.

For example, Tarrant will go to WA and Sydney is off his list.

Hawks put forward 3 propositions for trade to Syd. One includes The Esky but Sydney has rejected all of these.

At least we don't have to worry about Acker anymore. It wouldn't have surprised me if he had been using the bulldogs to get to Sydney.

ugg
9th October 2006, 05:52 PM
St Kilda have offered pick 27 for Spida.

Rizzo
9th October 2006, 07:00 PM
http://www.smh.com.au/news/afl/akermanis-traded-to-bulldogs-in-quick-time/2006/10/09/1160246041865.html

Sydney coach Paul Roos said his club was keen to quickly come to an agreement with Hawthorn over a trade for Hawks ruckman Peter Everitt, who wants to go to the Swans.

Roos said if an agreement could not be reached and Everitt fell through to the pre-season draft, he believed the Swans would be able to pick him up that way.

But he said the club would prefer to trade with the Hawks.

The Hawks have so far put three exchange options to the Swans, one of them involving Sydney youngster Nick Malceski heading to Hawthorn, but all have been knocked back by the Swans.

Pelchen (Hawks) says they...

were confident of gaining young tall defender Bret Thornton from Carlton.

hammo
9th October 2006, 07:29 PM
This article is more up to date

Roos plays hardball (http://www.smh.com.au/news/Sport/Swans-and-Hawks-in-battle-over-Everitt/2006/10/09/1160246062981.html)

Good to see we are standing up to their ridiculous demands.

Clarkson is showing he is the new Sheedy when it comes to trading after the Hay situation last year, trying to poach Thornton for next to nothing from the Blues and demanding Malceski for a player they would only offer a 1 year contract to.

How long before the rest of the AFL decides - don't trade with Clarkson.

Reggi
9th October 2006, 08:09 PM
Hawthorn are dreaming 32 yo aren't worth that much - there are others around.

Gotta be willing to walk away

swantastic
9th October 2006, 08:57 PM
If you want up todate trade activities listen to sen.com.au.

Chow-Chicker
9th October 2006, 09:27 PM
The whispers in the wind will echo in the tunnel

Bas
9th October 2006, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by ugg
St Kilda have offered pick 27 for Spida.

Source pls?

SimonH
9th October 2006, 11:35 PM
Normally conducting negotiations via the media is pretty poor form, and only leads to relations further deteriorating. But I can forgive the Swans on this occasion on the basis that the Hawks started it, with some low-rent and inappropriate statements: to say 'Nick Malceski is a name that's been mentioned' implies that Sydney is prepared to trade him, where they knew all along that the opposite was true.

I can't imagine Sydney, if the roles were reversed, making public comments that 'Sam Mitchell and Lance Franklin are names that have been mentioned' where the context in which they were mentioned was the following:
Us: How about you give us Sam Mitchell or Lance Franklin?
Them: How about you @@@@@@@ off?

St Kilda will have a substantial advantage over us by pre-season draft day: they will have a coach well-established in the position and they will know for sure if they can fit Spida under the salary cap with their other signings and offloads. St Kilda also have a substantial advantage over all other teams-- they can sign Spida as a veteran (I didn't realise he'd already been with them 10 years, but he has), halving his wage's contribution to their salary cap.

Spida has left the Hawks in no two minds that he won't consent to any non-Sydney trade, so we now have a classic Mexican stand-off. We just need to keep the lines of communications with them open, and as Friday 2pm inches closer, they'll realise that their options are pretty stark: get something for Spida, or get nothing for Spida. Nothing much is likely to be resolved on this one tomorrow, Wednesday or Thursday.

anniswan
9th October 2006, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by SimonH

St Kilda will have a substantial advantage over us by pre-season draft day: they will have a coach well-established in the position and they will know for sure if they can fit Spida under the salary cap with their other signings and offloads.

This statement is surely a joke

NMWBloods
9th October 2006, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by anniswan
This statement is surely a joke Why?

ugg
10th October 2006, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by Bas
Source pls?
SEN i.e. not a very good one. Saints have come out and denied it.

Grant
10th October 2006, 12:10 AM
SEN this afternoon reported that another club had made an offer to hawthorn for Spida,and it was more attractive than what Sydney were offering.But they were trying to find out who the club was.

anniswan
10th October 2006, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by NMWBloods
Why?

Who is their well established coach?

NMWBloods
10th October 2006, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by anniswan
Who is their well established coach? I presume Simon's point is that by draft day they will have appointed a coach who has a strategy in place plus will know their salary cap room. Given that as a minimum, they will get their pick ahead of us, so that puts them in a better position than us.

Glenn
10th October 2006, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by Grant
SEN this afternoon reported that another club had made an offer to hawthorn for Spida,and it was more attractive than what Sydney were offering.But they were trying to find out who the club was.

St Kilda ;)

Cosmic Wizard
10th October 2006, 09:47 AM

There is no other club. Hawthorn is full of @@@@.

They are trying it on, and will be found out.

woo
10th October 2006, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Cosmic Wizard
There is no other club. Hawthorn is full of @@@@.

They are trying it on, and will be found out.

who cares seriously, we do not need someone on the brink of retirement

Chow-Chicker
10th October 2006, 10:20 AM
If you turn the screws any tighter, the nut will break

sydneyswans1989
10th October 2006, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by woo
who cares seriously, we do not need someone on the brink of retirement

Get Gardiner, no one else is showing much interest in him & I'm sure we could get him for much less. All this @@@@ing around with Spida is really not worth it seriously.

Chow-Chicker
10th October 2006, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by sydneyswans1989
Get Gardiner, no one else is showing much interest in him & I'm sure we could get him for much less. All this @@@@ing around with Spida is really not worth it seriously.

Gee I dunno. The last time I looked the gardens surrounding the SCG look pretty good, everything was in bloom, shrubs were trimmed and the grass was neat. No need for another Gardiner.

hammo
10th October 2006, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by sydneyswans1989
Gardiner is a nasty piece of work. I don't think our club should go near someone with his recent off-field indiscretions. Spida actually appears like a good bloke and good team man, and importantly is a superior player

Ruda Wakening
10th October 2006, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by hammo
Spida actually appears like a good bloke and good team man...

Things aren't always as they appear.

swansrock4eva
10th October 2006, 11:35 AM
Gardiner is a nasty piece of work. I don't think our club should go near someone with his recent off-field indiscretions. Spida actually appears like a good bloke and good team man, and importantly is a superior player

If he was a good team man he wouldn't be leaving the Hawks in the first place, or doing what he's doing holding them to ransom by making it clear he won't allow any trade but to Sydney...

On another note, why do we really need him? Injury-prone (we already have one of them), not far from retirement - why spend $400,000/yr for the privilege of watching him sit on the bench with injury? Gardiner may be off-field a nasty piece of work but we have a reputation for turning those types around and if he's going cheap I wouldn't mind seeing if we could do it again. At the right price far less of a risk than Everitt at $400,000p.a. imo.

Lucky Knickers
10th October 2006, 12:08 PM
Gardiner is a knob.....we have NEVER drafted a troubled player with a history like Gardi's. He's 27 and should know better by now. Let someone else sort that one out.

Like Spida or not - he is a complete professional about his preparation and the game.

I have full faith in our medical and fitness staff to get the absolutely best out of Everitt should he play. You can't do anything about his foot injury this year. It's like saying Jolly is injury prone when we dislocated his finger.

i'm-uninformed2
10th October 2006, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Lucky Knickers
It's like saying Jolly is injury prone when we dislocated his finger.

We? I know this Board likes to find controversy to debate, but surely this is going a bit far. Anyway, who did it?

AnnieH
10th October 2006, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by i'm-uninformed2
We? I know this Board likes to find controversy to debate, but surely this is going a bit far. Anyway, who did it?

OK. I dislocated his finger. I can't tell you how on the grounds I may be incriminated further.
Sorry kids.
Gardiner won't be coming to Sydney. No @@@@heads, remember!!
Seesh .. if he can't handle his grog in Perth, how the hell is he going to be able to handle the "lifestyle" in Sydney ... unlike Perth, some pubs here stay open all night!!
:D

hammo
10th October 2006, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by swansrock4eva
If he was a good team man he wouldn't be leaving the Hawks in the first place, or doing what he's doing holding them to ransom by making it clear he won't allow any trade but to Sydney...

I think there's been a concerted effort from that club - led by the coach - to get rid of him. Should they not have showed some loyalty in return by offering more than a one year contract?

Doesn't his desire to play for Sydney and no one else prove his commitment to you?

Spida is acting within the rules by saying he doesn't want to be traded anywhere except for Sydney. Players need to agree to any trade for it to proceed. As he is uncontracted, I hardly think he's holding them to ransom.

AnnieH
10th October 2006, 12:31 PM
I think there's been a concerted effort from that club - led by the coach - to get rid of him. Should they not have showed some loyalty in return by offering more than a one year contract?

Doesn't his desire to play for Sydney and no one else prove his commitment to you?

Spida is acting within the rules by saying he doesn't want to be traded anywhere except for Sydney. Players need to agree to any trade for it to proceed. As he is uncontracted, I hardly think he's holding them to ransom.

They're not very happy with him at the Hawks 'cause he told them that he wanted to be traded to Sydney at the end of 2005, and they wouldn't let him go.

He then proceeded to play a really @@@@ful 2006 season for the hawks cause they wouldn't let him go, thereby forcing them at the end of the season to delist him.

St Kilda, IMO, are just getting into the "race" so that they can help push their old mate Spida's wage into the stratosphere. To make it seem he's worth more than he actually is. That's what happens in a competitive marketplace. I honestly believe that for Spida to go back to StK is a step backwards ... as it is in 90% of cases where you leave a company that you work for and then go back six months after you leave.

Spida wants a premiership medal before he retires to the dairy in New Zealand ... desperately. His only real option of getting one in the near future is to join either Sydney or West Coast (maybe Adelaide and very maybe Freo).

As far as I can tell, we're the only team (out of the four mentioned) that are looking for a No.1 Ruckman.

In my opinion.... anyway!!:D

i'm-uninformed2
10th October 2006, 12:39 PM
Where the hell did my post go? This is three in a week.

NMWBloods
10th October 2006, 12:42 PM
FFS!! :rolleyes: :mad: Is it so hard for people to understand!?! The references to drug use by players has been neither subtle nor clever nor witty. Numerous requests have been made to not make such references on RWO and this policy has not changed.

i'm-uninformed2
10th October 2006, 12:45 PM
FFS!! :rolleyes: :mad: Is it so hard for people to understand!?! The references to drug use by players has been neither subtle nor clever nor witty. Numerous requests have been made to not make such references on RWO and this policy has not changed.

I made no reference to drug use by players on this occasion. I made reference to my own habits. How the hell can I defame myself?

NMWBloods
10th October 2006, 12:47 PM
I made no reference to drug use by players on this occasion. I made reference to my own habits. How the hell can I defame myself? You quoted the offending post. If you didn't then it would obviously be way off topic for this thread anyway.

AnnieH
10th October 2006, 12:55 PM
Trade week's officially going too slow.
I just checked the link ... still only Acker's ugly dial on the list.

SOMEONE DO SOMETHING!!!!!

The suspense is killing me.

i'm-uninformed2
10th October 2006, 12:56 PM
You quoted the offending post. If you didn't then it would obviously be way off topic for this thread anyway.

No, you're right - Michael Gardiner is a clean-living, upright, Christian fellow and all threads on RWO stay on topic.

NMWBloods
10th October 2006, 12:57 PM
No, you're right - Michael Gardiner is a clean-living, upright, Christian fellow and all threads on RWO stay on topic. No one suggested that...

reigning premier
10th October 2006, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by swansrock4eva

On another note, why do we really need him? Injury-prone (we already have one of them), not far from retirement - why spend $400,000/yr for the privilege of watching him sit on the bench with injury? Gardiner may be off-field a nasty piece of work but we have a reputation for turning those types around and if he's going cheap I wouldn't mind seeing if we could do it again. At the right price far less of a risk than Everitt at $400,000p.a. imo.

He makes a good point.....

I do recall that Messers Lockett, Hall, Davis, Kickett and even Ball were once considered to be non-team players and to have issues with discipline....

I think we have proven that we can teach all of our players to not only play better, but to pull their head in!!

And at half the price and with at least twice the years left in him, we need to think about it.

Ruda Wakening
10th October 2006, 01:07 PM
No, you're right - Michael Gardiner is a clean-living, upright, Christian fellow and all threads on RWO stay on topic.

Actually, he's only ever been charged with a driving offence.

giant
10th October 2006, 01:10 PM

Is this true? Certainly didn't happen that way for Jade Rawlings.

Damien
10th October 2006, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by giant
Is this true? Certainly didn't happen that way for Jade Rawlings.

When Jade went to the Dogs, despite North being his preference at the time, he actually ended up agreeing on a four year contact.

Instead of taking the PSD risk of leaving the state.

Chow-Chicker
10th October 2006, 01:16 PM

How is suggesting a players wears make up considered offensive?

And if you're referring to drugs, then perhaps the player involved shouldn't delve in them if the issue is so damn sensitive.

NMWBloods
10th October 2006, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Chow-Chicker

And if you're referring to drugs, then perhaps the player involved shouldn't delve in them if the issue is so damn sensitive. Surely you are not serious on either count!! :rolleyes:

Chow-Chicker
10th October 2006, 01:23 PM
Surely you are not serious on either count!! :rolleyes:

You're right.....I'm not!

Industrial Fan
10th October 2006, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Ruda Wakening
Actually, he's only ever been charged with a driving offence.

Reminds me of stripes....

"ever been convicted (sic) of any crimes?"

"Convicted? No.....never convicted"

Haha!

giant
10th October 2006, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Damien
When Jade went to the Dogs, despite North being his preference at the time, he actually ended up agreeing on a four year contact.

Instead of taking the PSD risk of leaving the state.

So if Hawks do a deal with the Saints, Spida can say shove it & run the risk of the PSD?

ScottH
10th October 2006, 02:05 PM

And if you're referring to drugs, then perhaps the player involved shouldn't delve in them if the issue is so damn sensitive. You don't read the papers or listen to the news then?

AnnieH
10th October 2006, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by ScottH
You don't read the papers or listen to the news then?

I do ... I say, name & shame. Fastest incentive to rebhabilitation.:D
... but sorry, that's another subject!:D

ScottH
10th October 2006, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Annie Haddad
I do ... I say, name & shame. Fastest incentive to rebhabilitation.:D
... but sorry, that's another subject!:D The law says that the names are printed.

i'm-uninformed2
10th October 2006, 02:10 PM
Would clubs do testing on players being recruited who were known to have problems? Not that I am referring to any one ruckman here of course

Ruda Wakening
10th October 2006, 02:14 PM
Good one, barge arse. :rolleyes:

Birdman
10th October 2006, 04:17 PM
So if Hawks do a deal with the Saints, Spida can say shove it & run the risk of the PSD?

Yes but he can be picked up by any club that wants him. However, the Saints have a higher pick there, and is it right you cant trade a PSD pick?
Also, Spider cannot turn down one club and accept another, yeah?

swantastic
10th October 2006, 06:27 PM

:D Just herd on sen B1 off to Freo for polak,Grundy off to WC for Kerr plus 2nd draft pick.

Just joking thought you needed some excitment Annie.;)

reigning premier
10th October 2006, 06:36 PM

Bloody hell Annie.... Everyone knows that nothing happens in trade week until the last two hours.... It's all show and no go until about 12 noon on the day of closing...

I remember one year a player missing the deadline by four minutes after procrastinating and teasing about his intentions all week....

Jeffers1984
10th October 2006, 07:10 PM
Nothing much today but someone posted this on our favourite site. Big footy.

- Sydney has offered a package deal of Spriggs/Chambers + 3rd round pick for Everitt. Malceski will not be on the table. Hawthorn have refused everything and believe Everitt is worth a top 30 pick.
- Nic Fosdike will meet with Port Adelaide officials tomorrow to discuss a move back to Adelaide. However, it is unlikey Port will meet Sydney's asking price of a second-round pick. Big chance to head into the PSD if Port can meet his asking price.

Fosdike is still contracted isn't he?

stellation
10th October 2006, 07:15 PM
300k would be a bit to pay a 26 year old who you don't think is worth a 2nd round pick.

reigning premier
10th October 2006, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by Jeffers1984
Nothing much today but someone posted this on our favourite site. Big footy.

- Sydney has offered a package deal of Spriggs/Chambers + 3rd round pick for Everitt. Malceski will not be on the table. Hawthorn have refused everything and believe Everitt is worth a top 30 pick.
- Nic Fosdike will meet with Port Adelaide officials tomorrow to discuss a move back to Adelaide. However, it is unlikey Port will meet Sydney's asking price of a second-round pick. Big chance to head into the PSD if Port can meet his asking price.

Fosdike is still contracted isn't he?

I'm betting someone from Hawthorn or Everitt himself made the post on big footy... or his manager.....

I seriously doubt the Fosdike will go to PTA... He's had a taste of success and likes it....

And the chicks are much hotter here in Sydney anyway.. Have you seen the women in PTA???? :eek:

nat
10th October 2006, 07:39 PM
Didn't someone from here speak to Fossie at the B&F and he totally dismissed the idea of leaving?

Nico
10th October 2006, 08:12 PM
Here is the good oil as told to me today by a person who knows very well, someone who tips a fair bit into the club.

It is on the issue of Spida fitting in etc. with what we can best describe as a chequered record with reference to his character.

My mail is he already knows exactly what is expected of him and has known for a while what would be expected of him. Out of the limelight of Melbourne and copious footy shows, he will be subservient and a good servant of the club in what will be his last chance to win a flag.

Echo the others such as Plugger, Bazza etc.

Chow-Chicker
10th October 2006, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by Nico
Here is the good oil as told to me today by a person who knows very well, someone who tips a fair bit into the club.

It is on the issue of Spida fitting in etc. with what we can best describe as a chequered record with reference to his character.

My mail is he already knows exactly what is expected of him and has known for a while what would be expected of him. Out of the limelight of Melbourne and copious footy shows, he will be subservient and a good servant of the club in what will be his last chance to win a flag.

Echo the others such as Plugger, Bazza etc.

What worries me is all that indicates is an extremely selfish attitude, and not an attitude required to win a flag. He can run and hide all he likes, but he will have to do the things required within the scope and all however. If he in fact turns up with a stinking attitude that says "me, me, me" how will the club look? It isn't the Jolly scenario one where people will back on and say "we were wrong", but the club will look silly.

DST
10th October 2006, 09:26 PM
What worries me is all that indicates is an extremely selfish attitude, and not an attitude required to win a flag. He can run and hide all he likes, but he will have to do the things required within the scope and all however. If he in fact turns up with a stinking attitude that says "me, me, me" how will the club look? It isn't the Jolly scenario one where people will back on and say "we were wrong", but the club will look silly.

There is absolutely no chance Everitt will rock up to Sydney with a bad attitude. He wants to play for Sydney and knows that this is his last chance for a shot at a flag. He also comes to the club knowing exactly what will be required of him due to our stringent and well publicised team rules.

The only question mark will be whether his body can hold out for two more years, but a light year in 2005 will help in this regard.

If we do get two full years out of Everitt, he will benefit the club greatly in it's quest for a flag or two as there is no doubt he can play.

DST

ScottH
10th October 2006, 09:37 PM
Brad Scott to Collingwood (http://afl.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=302625)

Freo could get Tarrant (http://afl.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=302657) But Tarrant wants Eagles.

Layby
10th October 2006, 09:48 PM
Master stroke by freo if they pull it off (or maybe they are !)

Gives them two outlets forward, takes pressure off Pav, and would make them a very likely prospect next year.

Plus they need the next two years to be productive if their current crop is to come good (bit like us really), so picks dont mean much to them at this stage.

DeadlyAkkuret
10th October 2006, 10:23 PM
This seems dumb to me, but apparently it's true.

HAWTHORN ruckman Peter Everitt's chances of being granted his wish to move to Sydney improved today, with the Swans putting an increased trade offer on the table.

The Hawks yesterday rejected the Swans' initial offer of a third-round pick for the ruckman, prompting Sydney coach Paul Roos to say Everitt might be headed for the pre-season draft.

But, with Everitt's manager, Ricky Nixon, assisting in negotiations between the clubs, the Swans today upped their offer to a second-round pick along with an exchange of several lower-round selections.

is2SWaNz
10th October 2006, 10:23 PM
Not sure if this has been posted... but since the Hawks turned down our previous offer. We upgraded it:

-Everitt for 2nd round pick and lower-round selections...

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,20558735-23211,00.html

damn... deadly akkuret. You beat me to it... :(

Bas
10th October 2006, 10:31 PM
Double damn you both beat me!

desredandwhite
10th October 2006, 10:39 PM
Hmmm... I think 2nd round would be just about the upper limit of what I would consider an acceptable price for Everitt. I don't really much care if we have pick 50 instead of 45 - that won't make much of a difference.

If Hawthorn turn the offer down, then they will get nothing for Everitt. IMO they would be mad not to consider it very seriously.

Then we'll see. If we make 2 more grand finals in the next 3 years for one more flag, it'll look like a master-stroke. It's a gamble, but that outcome isn't completely in the realms of fantasty (who'da thought we'd be saying that just 3 years ago eh?)

DST
10th October 2006, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by DeadlyAkkuret
This seems dumb to me, but apparently it's true.

Not surprising, we give up our second round selection but advance a number of positions in the third round with a swap with Hawthorn.

So it's out # 33 and in Spida, out # 49 and in # 40.

If that is what is on the table we get Spida and drop 7 spots in the draft for our second pick at # 40 and lose # 49.

DST

DeadlyAkkuret
10th October 2006, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by DST
Not surprising, we give up our second round selection but advance a number of positions in the third round with a swap with Hawthorn.

So it's out # 33 and in Spida, out # 49 and in # 40.

If that is what is on the table we get Spida and drop 7 spots in the draft for our second pick at # 40 and lose # 49.

DST

If this draft is the super draft that everyone is talking about, dropping 7 spots is huge, and Hawthorn know that. What happens if Spida does a knee in round one and we only get 1 year out of him? that'll make giving up our 2nd pick look even more rediculous than it already is.

desredandwhite
10th October 2006, 10:59 PM
If this draft is the super draft that everyone is talking about, dropping 7 spots is huge, and Hawthorn know that. What happens if Spida does a knee in round one and we only get 1 year out of him? that'll make giving up our 2nd pick look even more rediculous than it already is.

What if he puts in two good years and we win one more flag?

At this stage, either possibility is equally likely. The deal's not done yet, let's see.

IMO if you're always looking 5 years ahead, you'll always be 5 years away from winning the flag. It's a gamble, but I think it's one worth considering.

DST
10th October 2006, 11:09 PM
There maybe a problem with that third round scenario.

The Hawks have a f/s to be taken in round 3 and according to some, you can't swap your f/s selection if you intend to use it before the draft.

So it maybe a 4th rounder swap which puts us out # 65 and in # 56.

While I have no issue with us using our # 33 for Spida, I would have liked to see us at least progress up the third round order as part of the deal.

DST

ugg
10th October 2006, 11:24 PM
Who's the F/S?

Jeffers1984
10th October 2006, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by ugg
Who's the F/S?
Josh Kennedy.

DST
10th October 2006, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by ugg
Who's the F/S?

Not sure, but Hawthorn supporters on BF seem adamant that they will be using their F/S pick this year.

Will ask and let you know.

DST

Layby
10th October 2006, 11:32 PM
Josh Kennedy.

I did not know Graham could play ! plus he would go to St Kilda

ugg
10th October 2006, 11:57 PM
Doesn't he already play for Carlton? (Not to mention a Socceroo as well)

DeadlyAkkuret
11th October 2006, 03:00 AM
Apparently Richmond has mentioned Shane Tuck as a possible trade for Fremantle's Polak. Why aren't we chasing deals like this? Tuck is one of the Tiger's best on-ballers and if they're considering Polak for him, surely we could match an offer of that standard. An attacking midfielder is another type of player who could help take us that one step further in 07.

Chow-Chicker
11th October 2006, 09:09 AM
Apparently Richmond has mentioned Shane Tuck as a possible trade for Fremantle's Polak. Why aren't we chasing deals like this? Tuck is one of the Tiger's best on-ballers and if they're considering Polak for him, surely we could match an offer of that standard. An attacking midfielder is another type of player who could help take us that one step further in 07.

What a great deal for Freo! Seriously, Richmond are so stupid it's comical. Glad we didn't get Terry Wallace if that's his mentality. What a crack up!!

Cosmic Wizard
11th October 2006, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by desredandwhite

Then we'll see. If we make 2 more grand finals in the next 3 years for one more flag, it'll look like a master-stroke.

O Please!!!!!!

Its four more GF for four flags. ;)

hammo
11th October 2006, 05:20 PM
Is this the most uneventful trade week ever?

I can't recall a year when not one trade has been completed in 3 days (Aker to the Dogs is still not completed as we don't know what the Lions are getting in return).

Bas
11th October 2006, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Layby
I did not know Graham could play ! plus he would go to St Kilda

Just composing music backwards these days.

NMWBloods
11th October 2006, 05:57 PM
Apparently Richmond has mentioned Shane Tuck as a possible trade for Fremantle's Polak. Why aren't we chasing deals like this? Tuck is one of the Tiger's best on-ballers and if they're considering Polak for him, surely we could match an offer of that standard. An attacking midfielder is another type of player who could help take us that one step further in 07. It would be great to get Tuck. What cna we offer Richmond - magic beans? a half-eaten sandwich? Luke Ablett?...

Sanecow
11th October 2006, 06:03 PM
It would be great to get Tuck. What cna we offer Richmond - magic beans? a half-eaten sandwich? Luke Ablett?...

Richmond rang, they want to know if your offer is for all three or only one of those items.

NMWBloods
11th October 2006, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Sanecow
Richmond rang, they want to know if your offer is for all three or only one of those items. Only one. But they can have all three if they throw in Mark Coughlan as well.

reigning premier
11th October 2006, 08:32 PM
Is this the most uneventful trade week ever?

I can't recall a year when not one trade has been completed in 3 days (Aker to the Dogs is still not completed as we don't know what the Lions are getting in return).

It will all happen on Friday.... Watch the feathers fly then!!!

Layby
11th October 2006, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by reigning premier
It will all happen on Friday.... Watch the feathers fly then!!!

Nah Cygnatious is an 'untouchable'

swantastic
12th October 2006, 06:16 AM
THE stand-off between Sydney and Hawthorn over Peter Everitt continues with the Hawks rejecting a new improved offer. Gee what do the Hawks want,blood they are wankers i say let him go to PSD.

ScottH
12th October 2006, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by swantastic
Gee what do the Hawks want,blood they are wankers i say let him go to PSD. Yep, the Hawks stand to lose a lot more than us, by not trading him.

hammo
12th October 2006, 08:30 AM
Gee what do the Hawks want,blood they are wankers i say let him go to PSD.
They want our 1st and second round picks. What a joke. This for a player out of contract and deemed not worthy of a two year contract. :mad:

bigswan
12th October 2006, 09:08 AM
Hawthorn deserves to get nothing. They are the would-be screwers of trading. Remember Hay!

Jeffers1984
12th October 2006, 09:10 AM
The Dawks really think we are as dumb as the Kangaroos. They can seriously get @@@@@@.

Chow-Chicker
12th October 2006, 09:11 AM
There is nothing but junk in this trade period. Forget all of them, and try and trade some of our hacks for DRAFT PICKS, not the @@@@ that's floating around this week!

originalswan
12th October 2006, 09:19 AM
Check out the latest round of negotiating - Just when we thought the Hawks wanted our second round pick.

http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/realfooty/articles/2006/10/11/1160246197572.html

If it's true that we have offered Spida $400k p.a. why don't we say give him an extra $100k to hopefully guarantee selection in the pre season Mr. Roos?

Tell me would we buy a second round pick for $100k? I'd say yes especially in a supposed strong draft.

SWANS TAKE BACK THE OFFER TELL REAL ESTATE AGENT PELCHEN TO SELL HIS OLD PROPERTIES TO OTHER UNSUSPECTING BUYERS,
SWANS PLEASE GO FOR HIM IN THE PRESEASON - DON'T BEND OVER FOR PELCHEN!!!!!

Missy
12th October 2006, 09:25 AM
Dont know if this has been posted anywhere elses, but just heard on the news that Bradshaw has signed for another 3 years at Bris.

reigning premier
12th October 2006, 10:00 AM
I think we're all in agreement.....

let Spida go to the PSD.. we'll catch him there.

Dawks can go f@ck their hat and get nothing....

stellation
12th October 2006, 10:08 AM
Is that us done then if Roos has already headed back to Sydney?

hammo
12th October 2006, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by stellation
Is that us done then if Roos has already headed back to Sydney?
Yes, unless the Hawks decide to accept our offer of a 2nd round pick.

Go Swannies
12th October 2006, 10:21 AM
Is Pelchen in on a cut of the takings? Today it's said that Roos has said "that's my final offer and I'm heading home to Sydney". So presumably we're looking at the psd? The best way to make sure we get Spida there is to offer him too much money so the Saints won't match it. Nice way to pick up an extra $100,000 a year in the closing stages of your career.

Hawks - no draft advantage from the deal but the warm inner glow of knowing that Spida did well out of their incompetence.

NMWBloods
12th October 2006, 10:26 AM
Can't the Saints put Everitt in as a veteran hence his salary only counts half toward the cap? If that's the case it will be hard to price them out of the PSD.

Hawthorn are being amazingly hypocritical and short-sighted on this. They are more focussed on how we value Everitt than how they value him. They didn't want to give him a two-year deal yet they want a high draft pick for him. It will serve them right to get nothing due to their greed.

Go Swannies
12th October 2006, 10:32 AM
Yep - if they pay him $400,000 then, as a veteran, only $200,000 will count for the salary cap. But let's say we offer him $500,000. That would put him right up there as one of our highest paid. But if the Saints raised that to say $600,000 - they would not have a problem with the salary cap but it would cause ructions amongst the other players who provide more for the team but would be on a lot less money.

It's like their onfield fights, the Hawks seem a lot keener on looking tough than actually geting the best for the team.

And I suspect that I'd not like to play poker against Roos.

Damien
12th October 2006, 10:35 AM
Can't the Saints put Everitt in as a veteran hence his salary only counts half toward the cap? If that's the case it will be hard to price them out of the PSD.

Hawthorn are being amazingly hypocritical and short-sighted on this. They are more focussed on how we value Everitt than how they value him. They didn't want to give him a two-year deal yet they want a high draft pick for him. It will serve them right to get nothing due to their greed.

How does that work with the Veteran thing?

I have heard this also, but I always thought the rule was 10 years at one club and 30 years of age.

Did he spend 10 seasons at the Saints did he?

stellation
12th October 2006, 10:39 AM

I have heard this also, but I always thought the rule was 10 years at one club and 30 years of age.

He debuted in 1993 and left after the 2002 season, no idea if he was on the list in 1992. Do players get moved after completing their 10th season or during their 10th season? Even if it is after I assume they can just back weight the contract a bit if they are game.

Glenn
12th October 2006, 10:55 AM
Not suprising the Hawks are trying to screw Sydney over a deal for Spida, considering that Jeff Kennett is on the board and just look how he screwed over Victoria :p

msb
12th October 2006, 11:09 AM
I heard with the appointment of ross lyon to the saints the hawks are waiting to see if they want to pursue spida, because lyon was quoted as saying his priority is to get a ruckmen. Also they have a better second round pick than swans, hence the hawks get a better deal.....i say let him go, who cares a fit and firing doyle may be the answer

NMWBloods
12th October 2006, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Glenn
Not suprising the Hawks are trying to screw Sydney over a deal for Spida, considering that Jeff Kennett is on the board and just look how he screwed over Victoria :p Who's playing the part of Cain, Kirner or Bracks to completely root it...?

AnnieH
12th October 2006, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Go Swannies
Is Pelchen in on a cut of the takings? Today it's said that Roos has said "that's my final offer and I'm heading home to Sydney". So presumably we're looking at the psd? The best way to make sure we get Spida there is to offer him too much money so the Saints won't match it. Nice way to pick up an extra $100,000 a year in the closing stages of your career.

Hawks - no draft advantage from the deal but the warm inner glow of knowing that Spida did well out of their incompetence.

St Kilda were only getting in on the game in order to push an "old mates" wage up higher than what he's worth, in the hope that Sydney would back down, which made him availabe to StK at a much cheaper price.

They're all very slippery, aren't they??:D

reigning premier
12th October 2006, 12:06 PM
See the poll below:

Should we be going after Spida??? (http://redandwhiteonline.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=260576#post260576)

I think the tide of popular opinion may be turning.....

We're an impatient lot here. :D

AnnieH
12th October 2006, 12:15 PM
See the poll below:

Should we be going after Spida??? (http://redandwhiteonline.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=260576#post260576)

I think the tide of popular opinion may be turning.....

We're an impatient lot here. :D

The longer this crap goes on ... the more I don't want Spida.
We would have been happy for him on Monday, but hell, it's Thursday now, and I for one, am over him and his and the Dawks petty little asks.:D

I'm not impatient (*she says laughing her head off*), I just like to speculate.

hammo
12th October 2006, 12:42 PM

I presume Robert Harvey is already on the Saints' veteran list. Do they have anyone else? Hudgston?

AnnieH
12th October 2006, 12:45 PM
They've updated the Trade website ...

W**kermanis' details are yet to be updated

Shane Birss (Western Bulldogs) has been traded to St Kilda for StK's 4th round draft selection (no. 59 overall).

There's movement at the station ....:D

liz
12th October 2006, 01:24 PM

And I suspect that I'd not like to play poker against Roos.

Why not?

I think the Swans have developed a reputation over the last few years of trading fair. If they want a player, they have shown a willingness to pay a reasonable cost for him. Most people thought that late first round picks for Jolly and Richards were a little bit over the odds but clearly the club decided that was how they valued them and they didn't unduly haggle.

Again in this case, the Swans moved reasonably quickly from their opening stance (3rd round pick) to one that probably represents reasonable middle ground and a price that most think is "fair" for Spider (2nd round pick). I think their behaviour indicates that they do actually want to get the trade done at a fair price for all, and aren't particularly interested in the machismo posturing that Hawks seem to have decided is the main objective of trade week.

I hope the club really has walked away and doesn't intend negotiating any more, even to the extent of having removed the (reported) offer of the second round pick.

If we get Spider through the PSD, so be it. If not, I'm sure the club will cope, and maybe we'll see a Shaw or Rowe really step up to the plate in 2007 and a fit Doyle and Jolly.

reigning premier
12th October 2006, 02:50 PM
They've updated the Trade website ...

W**kermanis' details are yet to be updated

Shane Birss (Western Bulldogs) has been traded to St Kilda for StK's 4th round draft selection (no. 59 overall).

There's movement at the station ....:D

told ya nothing would happen before Friday.....

the Birss trade is pretty inconsequential... But I would have thought he was worth more than that!! He's a regular after all.

AnnieH
12th October 2006, 02:54 PM

the Birss trade is pretty inconsequential... But I would have thought he was worth more than that!! He's a regular after all.

So's Ablett, but that doesn't mean he's not tradeable.

mocaholic
12th October 2006, 02:56 PM

the Birss trade is pretty inconsequential... But I would have thought he was worth more than that!! He's a regular after all. I know why he was a wanted player: Birss. Butterss. Voss.

What about Hayess? Or Brookss? Or Wattss?

goswannie14
12th October 2006, 03:17 PM
Who's playing the part of Cain, Kirner or Bracks to completely root it...? Could be anyone of the Carlton board, after all they turned Carlton into a financial basket case just like Cain and Kirner did to Victoria.

cowcar
12th October 2006, 04:15 PM
Does anyone know the order of the PSD? My thinking is the swans just need to swap for a higher PSD pick than the saints have. For which, i think they could offer one of the clubs their 3rd round pick in the draft.
If tehy do this, we get a guaranteed Everit pick, and for far less than we have offered the Talkers...

liz
12th October 2006, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by cowcar
Does anyone know the order of the PSD? My thinking is the swans just need to swap for a higher PSD pick than the saints have. For which, i think they could offer one of the clubs their 3rd round pick in the draft.
If tehy do this, we get a guaranteed Everit pick, and for far less than we have offered the Talkers...

Would make sense, but there's no facility for trading picks in the PSD.

Damien
12th October 2006, 04:24 PM

Not many clubs will participate in the PSD.

Depends on salary cap and if their list is full after trading. They must select three players in the National Draft.

giant
12th October 2006, 04:30 PM
Even by the standards of trade week, this one has been extremely dull - way to kill off any enthusiasm for footy whatsoever, AFL!

AnnieH
12th October 2006, 04:38 PM
Even by the standards of trade week, this one has been extremely dull - way to kill off any enthusiasm for footy whatsoever, AFL!

Reckon. I'm ready for a nanna-nap.
BORING!!!!

Grant
12th October 2006, 04:40 PM

StKilda have said today that they are definately not going for Spida at all.Which starts makes Hawthorn look pretty silly indeed today when they said they don't care if Spida ends up in the PSD. Surely they would rather the 3rd rd pick or even the reported 2nd rd pick than to not get anything at all. Just crazy,i think they will come around late tomorrow.

AnnieH
12th October 2006, 04:46 PM
StKilda have said today that they are definately not going for Spida at all.Which starts makes Hawthorn look pretty silly indeed today when they said they don't care if Spida ends up in the PSD. Surely they would rather the 3rd rd pick or even the reported 2nd rd pick than to not get anything at all. Just crazy,i think they will come around late tomorrow.

Didn't Roosey allegedly walk out this morning saying "i'm going to sydney, take it or leave it"?

hammo
12th October 2006, 04:48 PM
Source?

rastus
12th October 2006, 04:49 PM

If what you say about StKilda is correct then I think we should now withdraw our second round offer as we are entitled to do. If they come back on Friday we should offer them nothing or at best a third round pick. Leave egg on their faces.

Grant
12th October 2006, 04:56 PM
Source?

SEN today.Ross Lyon has publicly said it

Go Swannies
12th October 2006, 05:21 PM
Didn't Roosey allegedly walk out this morning saying "i'm going to sydney, take it or leave it"?

The quote in the SMH is"We've offered what we think is a fair deal. I'm heading back to Sydney and there will be no more coming from us."

I gather than means they can still take his offer, rather than it has been withdrawn?

rastus
12th October 2006, 05:27 PM

I gather than means they can still take his offer, rather than it has been withdrawn?

That's what it means on the face of it. It is a dumb negotiating technique. Far better to say "the offer is open to XXpm today otherwise it is withdrawn."

If Spida tells all other suitors that contact him that he is only interested in Sydney then they are unlikely to draft him as a disinterested Spida in useless. I am not sure he is really of great value to us anyway at his age and physical condition.

caj23
12th October 2006, 05:45 PM
is anybody else nervous that we'll crack and take the deal where we swap our 1st rounder for their 2nd rounder???

i really hope it's doesn't happen but our efforts last year in trade week don't inspire me with confidence

hammo
12th October 2006, 05:46 PM
SEN today
It must be true :rolleyes:

Jeffers1984
12th October 2006, 05:52 PM
If it's true then tell Pelchen to get @@@@@@ and offer him the 3rd rounder. nothing more. That'll teach the @@@@head.

cowcar
12th October 2006, 05:52 PM
Hmmm....Well is the Saints are definately not going for him, then all offers should be with drawn straight away... Why waste a draft pick on someone we can get regardless?

hammo
12th October 2006, 05:56 PM
Hmmm....Well is the Saints are definately not going for him, then all offers should be with drawn straight away... Why waste a draft pick on someone we can get regardless?
I agree with this approach.

Apparrently Carlton aren't returning Hawthorn's calls so they are a very lonely bunch at the moment with no-one to talk to.

giant
12th October 2006, 06:56 PM

Ah, but you've forgotten about Club X, the mystery club that has already offered the second round pick.

Captain
12th October 2006, 06:58 PM
The only clear thing in all of this is that we are @@@@ at negotiation.

Mod Edit: Don't try to avoid the swear filter

reigning premier
12th October 2006, 07:03 PM
Ah, but you've forgotten about Club X, the mystery club that has already offered the second round pick.

Yeah.. Club X alright....

Are you talking about the one on Darlinghurst road in the cross or the one on Oxford st??? Could even be the one on Swanston st????

Weren't they offering him a job during the week in thei shop on the midnight until 7am shift as well so he could pick up a few extra $$'s???

liz
12th October 2006, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Captain

How so?

Old Royboy
12th October 2006, 07:34 PM
Pelchen was just on SEN - what an absolute tosser. He effectively said that Hawthorn will only make deals when the price is ridiculously in their favour or not at all. Looks like the only trading Hawthron will do is with suckers like Freo. He was the einstein responsible for Stevens going from Port to Carlton in the PSD. Spida will go in the PSD too.

Damien
12th October 2006, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Old Royboy
Pelchen was just on SEN - what an absolute tosser. He effectively said that Hawthorn will only make deals when the price is ridiculously in their favour or not at all. Looks like the only trading Hawthron will do is with suckers like Freo. He was the einstein responsible for Stevens going from Port to Carlton in the PSD. Spuda will go in the PSD too.

lol I can't see how he can be proud of himself. Go for broke or get nothing through the PSD.

How they can be happy to get nothing just to prove a point is beyond me.

Bas
12th October 2006, 08:27 PM
He clinches his teeth when he talks. Anally retentive dork.

Dorks will be dorks.

Spida goes into PSD and he will say" Hawthorn was at least not outsmarted in a trade!"

DeadlyAkkuret
12th October 2006, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by Captain

Mod Edit: Don't try to avoid the swear filter

? What makes you say that..:confused:

Glenn
12th October 2006, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by Old Royboy
Pelchen was just on SEN - what an absolute tosser. He effectively said that Hawthorn will only make deals when the price is ridiculously in their favour or not at all. Looks like the only trading Hawthron will do is with suckers like Freo. He was the einstein responsible for Stevens going from Port to Carlton in the PSD. Spida will go in the PSD too.

ROTFLMAO, good luck finding anyone willing to do a trade like that.
Personally if Sydney were bad at negoiations Sydney would have caved to the the dorks demands, and then the proverbial would have hit the fan over how Sydney were shafted etc.

Foreign Legion
12th October 2006, 09:04 PM
If it's true then tell Pelchen to get @@@@@@ and offer him the 3rd rounder. nothing more. That'll teach the @@@@head.

Yep thats what I'd do Jeffers - along this line....

Pelchen (at 1.55PM) - Ok we accept your offer of your 2nd rounder

Roosy (in a Dr. Zaius accent) OH, I am afraid that offer is withdrawn, the current offer is a 3rd rounder....and...where is your nest, Pelchen?

That'll put the @@@@ up 'em and Everitt will go to the PSD.

The plan will be to offer him a 3 year deal - no other club will offer this - the last year will be coaching/playing etc etc but on reduced money.

Ryan Bomford
12th October 2006, 09:43 PM
Let me get something straight.

So the strategy may be we bargain hard and somehow we get Spida through the PSD. Won't that be our first round pick? So we get the satisfaction of the Hawks being shafted from the deal but do we sacrifice our own first round pick. How do we win out of this scenario?

caj23
12th October 2006, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by Ryan Bomford
Let me get something straight.

So the strategy may be we bargain hard and somehow we get Spida through the PSD. Won't that be our first round pick? So we get the satisfaction of the Hawks being shafted from the deal but do we sacrifice our own first round pick. How do we win out of this scenario?

ah no - the pre-season draft in december (?) is a separate draft to the national draft in november

Ryan Bomford
12th October 2006, 09:51 PM
Thanks for the clarification.

ugg
12th October 2006, 10:10 PM
Can't blame Hawthorn for trying. They did get two first rounders for Jon Hay last year.

swantastic
12th October 2006, 11:10 PM
Heres more trade talk (http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/realfooty/articles/2006/10/11/1160246197572.html)

573v30
12th October 2006, 11:46 PM
Hawthorn refusing to budge again, the PSD awaits then...

swantastic
13th October 2006, 06:24 AM
"There is every likelihood that Peter will be in the pre-season draft unfortunately," Pelchen said on SEN. Fortunately your a d**hed pelchen.:rolleyes

Jeffers1984
13th October 2006, 09:25 AM
Recruiting Manager Stuart Maxfield want a better trading system.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/afl/swans-want-action-to-ensure-fair-trades/2006/10/12/1160246263397.html

hammo
13th October 2006, 10:21 AM
Recruiting Manager Stuart Maxfield want a better trading system.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/afl/swans-want-action-to-ensure-fair-trades/2006/10/12/1160246263397.html

Coincidentally, Hawthorn themselves were yesterday exploring a restraint-of-trade case against Carlton over the Blues' refusal to entertain a trade for full-back Bret Thornton.

Thornton wants to join the Hawks, who yesterday contacted the AFL to take its counsel on the legalities of Carlton's stance.

Talk about a bunch of hypocrites!

I suspect if they get their way with Thornton the Hawks will fold pretty easily on Spida. But if they are complaining about Carlton's conduct, shouldn't they be at least trying to set an example on Spida's trade??

reigning premier
13th October 2006, 10:37 AM
The sooner the Dorks relocate to Tasmaina the better.....

But then again, they'll start recruiting locals and be asking for two 1st round draft picks for some two-headed-busted-up-ruckman local!

AnnieH
13th October 2006, 11:01 AM
The sooner the Dorks relocate to Tasmaina the better.....

But then again, they'll start recruiting locals and be asking for two 1st round draft picks for some two-headed-busted-up-ruckman local!

BAH HA HA:D

Jeffers1984
13th October 2006, 12:46 PM
Got this from BS footy but it seems to have merrit compared to the other joke rumours going down there.

Hawks have accepted pick 33 from the Swans for Everitt but have asked for an exchange of later picks also - namely Swans' 3rd rounder for Hawks' 4th rounder. May seem like a jump but in reality Swans 3rd is pick 49 and Hawks 4th is pick 56.
Swans are considering this now apparently.

So it would be Everitt and pick 56 to Swans,
Picks 33 & 49 to Hawks.

Jeffers1984
13th October 2006, 12:49 PM
I reckon we will accept this but i wouldn't mind trading for another pick. Say a player for a late 2nd rounder early 3rd rounder.

hammo
13th October 2006, 12:56 PM
I reckon we will accept this but i wouldn't mind trading for another pick. Say a player for a late 2nd rounder early 3rd rounder.
Yep, we need to get into the draft earlier than 56. What a joke.

Schmidt to Adelaide for a 2nd rounder is a rumour on BS Footy.

reigning premier
13th October 2006, 01:12 PM
Got this from BS footy but it seems to have merrit compared to the other joke rumours going down there.

Hawks have accepted pick 33 from the Swans for Everitt but have asked for an exchange of later picks also - namely Swans' 3rd rounder for Hawks' 4th rounder. May seem like a jump but in reality Swans 3rd is pick 49 and Hawks 4th is pick 56.
Swans are considering this now apparently.

So it would be Everitt and pick 56 to Swans,
Picks 33 & 49 to Hawks.

NOTHING.. Give them nothing.....

At most, we offer round three....

What happened to the other club that wasn't StKilda and was offering a second round??? Wankers...

Stevie Wright
13th October 2006, 01:22 PM
So are we going to get Spida or not???

Frog
13th October 2006, 01:24 PM
We'll know in about an hour and a half - Trading ends at 2pm today.

Stevie Wright
13th October 2006, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by Frog
We'll know in about an hour and a half - Trading ends at 2pm today.

true enough...hey whats this "BS Footy" site people are talking about?

Frog
13th October 2006, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Stevie Wright
true enough...hey whats this "BS Footy" site people are talking about?
This one. (http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/)

Stevie Wright
13th October 2006, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Frog
This one. (http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/)

thanks mate...i take it the BS is a joke then

Captain
13th October 2006, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by liz
How so?

Because we started by offering our 3rd round pick and then way too easily caved in and offered up our 2nd.

We should have stuck to the 3rd and if there was no movement, offer the 2nd at the very last minute. There was nothing to gain by offering it early.

ugg
13th October 2006, 02:17 PM
Of course there was something to gain from it, its called trying to reach a compromise. Unfortunately they are to stubborn to budge from their original view.

Meanwhile, the first big trade has gone down:
Freo
Gain: Chris Tarrant, #42
Lose: #13, Paul Medhurst, Graham Polak, #63

Collingwood
Gain: Paul Medhurst, #8
Lose: Chris Tarrant

Richmond:
Gain: #13, #63, Graham Polak
Lose: #8, #42

Lucky we didn't chase Tarrant, that price is exorbitant for Freo!

hammo
13th October 2006, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by ugg
Of course there was something to gain from it, its called trying to reach a compromise. Unfortunately they are to stubborn to budge from their original view.

Freo
Gain: Chris Tarrant, #42, #63
Lose: #13, Paul Medhurst, Graham Polak

Collingwood

Richmond:

Two players and a first round pick! What were they thinking??

dawson
13th October 2006, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by ugg

Freo
Gain: Chris Tarrant, #42
Lose: #13, Paul Medhurst, Graham Polak, #63

Collingwood

Richmond:

Richmond didn't appear to give up much.

573v30
13th October 2006, 02:28 PM
Two players and a first round pick! What were they thinking?? It looks like Freo haven't learn from the past if they'll continue trading like that... :rolleyes:

cruiser
13th October 2006, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by dawson
Richmond didn't appear to give up much. They would have to be pleased about that.

ugg
13th October 2006, 02:31 PM
Gardiner now to the Saints. Full details yet to come but something like Gardiner and #59 for #43 is rumoured.

Puts Everitt's price into perspective!

cruiser
13th October 2006, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by ugg
Gardiner now to the Saints. Full details yet to come but something like Gardiner and #59 for #43 is rumoured.

Puts Everitt's price into perspective! Saints wont want Everitt now. Hawks are stuffed. They will have to let us have him. We could even get nasty with them and lower our offer, which will teach them a lesson.

Gardiner will fit into the Saints culture perfectly.

Sanecow
13th October 2006, 02:39 PM
Where's Gardiner on my "live" trade tracker?

Industrial Fan
13th October 2006, 02:41 PM
Where's Gardiner on my "live" trade tracker?

I'm not sure Gardiner has a pulse, so he might take awhile to show up.....if at all??

cruiser
13th October 2006, 02:42 PM
Where's Gardiner on my "live" trade tracker? The afl.com supposedly 'live' trade tracker is pathetic. More like dead.

ugg
13th October 2006, 02:45 PM
SEN saying the deal isn't finalized yet, but Gardiner has agreed to the Saints after rejecting them earlier :confused:

swantastic
13th October 2006, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by cruiser
The afl.com supposedly 'live' trade tracker is pathetic. More like dead. Sen on line is better.:)

ugg
13th October 2006, 02:48 PM
Its up on the Trade Tracker now. #59 and Gardiner for #43.

SEN also reporting that we've "caved in" regarding Everitt and are doing 33 and 49 for Everitt and 56.

Glenn
13th October 2006, 02:50 PM
Sen on line is better.:)

Just not accurate ;)

Well looks like the aints got the ruckman they were chasing, would be very suprised if they chased Spida in the PSD now.
Looks like the Dorks have been left shafted :D

Edit: If we have supposedly "caved in" (remember the source, hence the supposedly), what the hell have Freo done then played dead???

The Big Cat
13th October 2006, 02:51 PM
SEN are also saying that if we get Spida then we can go after Steve Johnson. How, for what?

hammo
13th October 2006, 02:53 PM
I can't connect to SEN and the live tracker is dead :frown

swantastic
13th October 2006, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by The Big Cat
SEN are also saying that if we get Spida then we can go after Steve Johnson. How, for what? Its got some thing to do with money.

OldE
13th October 2006, 02:56 PM
I can't connect to SEN and the live tracker is dead :frown

SEN isn't working for me either

Thunder Shaker
13th October 2006, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by eirinn
SEN isn't working for me either
Must be the usual end-of-trade meltdown

cruiser
13th October 2006, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by eirinn
SEN isn't working for me either Same. We Sydneysiders will have to rely on our friends in Melbourne posting here.

ugg
13th October 2006, 02:58 PM
Not much going on, just gave the 5 minute warning :)

ugg
13th October 2006, 02:59 PM
SEN announces;

Everitt for 33!

(Huddo adds may be more details)

Jeffers1984
13th October 2006, 02:59 PM
Spida a Swan - Pick 33 to Dawks.

swantastic
13th October 2006, 03:00 PM
Spida is a swan for 2nd round draft pik

Layby
13th October 2006, 03:00 PM
Two players and a first round pick! What were they thinking??

An excellent trade by Freo, lose Medhurst (and his salary) who was surplus and could not get a game. Pollack who wanted out anyway.

They now have a leading CHF to take pressure off Pavlich. A player who will take the best/second best defender from any side they play, thus free up Farmer et al up forward.

They lost virtually nothing (apart from some salary cap pressure !) & gained Tarrant.

This may well be enough to bring them close to a GF side.

Smart Smart trade

ugg
13th October 2006, 03:01 PM
Except a first round pick in the 'super draft'. Only club not to have a first round pick now.

Matt79
Spida a Swan - Pick 33 to Dawks.

Welcome aboard Spider!

ScottH
Solomon and rnd 52 to Freo for rnd 3

cruiser
Spida a Swan - Pick 33 to Dawks. That's OK although I wish we'd lowered our offer to 3rd round the moment the Aints picked up Gardiner.

AnnieH
13th October 2006, 03:02 PM
Well, well, well.
Spida finally got what he wanted.
Careful what you ask for son, it might come back and bite ya!!:D
How much $$'s??

giant
13th October 2006, 03:03 PM
That is great news! They must have finally found someone with a brain at Hawthorn.

Foreign Legion
13th October 2006, 03:04 PM
So, with Spida on board is there anyone to target in the PSD?

Glad we kept pick 15 - we needed a relatively early pick this year to keep the list fresh.

Jeez we will have a tall side if Doyle stays fit.

....and we kept Malceski!

hammo
13th October 2006, 03:05 PM
Welcome to the bloods, Spida!

Industrial Fan
13th October 2006, 03:05 PM
I still think we could (should???) have held out to the preseason draft for spider....

Industrial Fan
13th October 2006, 03:06 PM
haha!

Soloman and tarrant to freo - sweeeeet........now I can participate in the crowd with genuine animosity.

Win-win deal!

nat
I can't really imagine him wearing the Swans outfit.. hm.

Glenn
Welcome to Sydney Spida :cool:
Looks like it dawned on the dorks they would get nothing for him, if he went to the PSD.

Layby
13th October 2006, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by ugg
Except a first round pick in the 'super draft'. Only club not to have a first round pick now.

Geez the media get people to believe anything, so who are all these superstars who will get Freo a flag (with their lateish pick) in the next two/three years ? The draft (with exception of first couple of picks is always a lottery.

Freo have a number of 30-50 game yongsters already.

Its called a window of opportunity.

swannieserin
I'm so happy right now. Spida has been my favourite player since he was at St Kilda and I was a kid.

I hope he gets #10!

AnnieH
Dean Solomon to Freo

Doctor J.
Originally posted by Foreign Legion
So, with Spida on board is there anyone to target in the PSD?

Glad we kept pick 15 - we needed a relatively early pick this year to keep the list fresh.

Was always going to keep The Eski.

Pick 33. Given Spida would have 2 maybe 3 years left, then its probably not a bad trade.

Go Swannies
13th October 2006, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Foreign Legion

Not on average height with the hobbits bringing it down many centimetres.

swantastic
13th October 2006, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Marry me Goodes
I still think we could (should???) have held out to the preseason draft for spider.... Right on,he bloody better be worth it, we will only get 2 to 3 years out of him.When we could of gotten a young gun who lasts for 10 years.

woo
13th October 2006, 03:10 PM
Right on,he bloody better be worth if we will get 2 to 3 years out of him.When we could of got a young gun who lasts for 10 years.

if Jolly could keep it in his pants we wouldn't need spida....
anyways...what SEN ..what am I so stupid I dont know what it is..someone put me in the loop pls

Go Swannies
13th October 2006, 03:12 PM
Right on,he bloody better be worth if we will get 2 to 3 years out of him.When we could of got a young gun who lasts for 10 years.

I reckon after R1 (which we do get) then it comes down more to the talent scouts than the numerical order.

33 or 54 is unlikely to be wildly different in what he may offer to the team.

swantastic
13th October 2006, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by woo
anyways...what SEN ..what am I so stupid I dont know what it is..someone put me in the loop pls Woo its sen.com.au,sport 24/7

Jeffers1984
13th October 2006, 03:13 PM
If Spida can keep out of trouble off the field he will do well for us.

Glenn
Originally posted by woo
anyways...what SEN ..what am I so stupid I dont know what it is..someone put me in the loop pls

SEN, Sports radio station in Melb..formerly 3YZ (or something similiar IIRC)

woo
Woo its sen.com.au,sport 24/7

all over it now...good team work

DeadlyAkkuret
13th October 2006, 03:15 PM
So we finally got the Hawks to stop acting like nobs and a take a deal that is more than generous IMO. Let's hope he has a really good 2-3 years, and that we pick up a good KPP with pick 15.

AnnieH
13th October 2006, 03:16 PM
If Spida can keep out of trouble off the field he will do well for us.

He knows what the "players" rules are ... they've been well publicised.

He's an old man now, time to sit at home with the slippers, wifey, kids and dog.

RULE #1: NO GOING OUT FOR SPIDA ... especially on school nights.:D

ScottH
13th October 2006, 03:19 PM
I still think we could (should???) have held out to the preseason draft for spider.... Wouldn't have been able to get him under the salary cap, if that was the case. Apparently.

AnnieH
13th October 2006, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by ScottH
Wouldn't have been able to get him under the salary cap, if that was the case. Apparently.

Isn't only half his wage included in the salary cap cause he's only 30?

Industrial Fan
13th October 2006, 03:35 PM
Isn't only half his wage included in the salary cap cause he's only 30?

that is only if he is on a veterans list (which he would have been at st kilda. We pay full freight.

AnnieH
13th October 2006, 03:37 PM
that is only if he is on a veterans list (which he would have been at st kilda. We pay full freight.

Fanks MMG. Pity, eh??:D

hammo
13th October 2006, 03:46 PM
So our picks are 15, 49 and 65?

Jeffers1984
13th October 2006, 03:47 PM
So who do we go for in the PSD? Kent Kingsley purely for depth?
Troy Makepeace for depth?

ScottH
13th October 2006, 03:50 PM
We apparently made a late play for S Johnson as well.

Glenn
13th October 2006, 03:50 PM
Wouldn't mind seeing Kingsley in red and white, give us another player we could thrown into the forward mix

ScottH
13th October 2006, 03:55 PM
Wouldn't mind seeing Kingsley in red and white, give us another player we could thrown into the forward mix Great another forward who can't kick straight.

Just what we need.

DeadlyAkkuret
13th October 2006, 03:57 PM
Wouldn't mind seeing Kingsley in red and white, give us another player we could thrown into the forward mix

I wouldn't mind seeing him kick straight, but i doubt either of our visions will become a reality.

Glenn
13th October 2006, 03:59 PM
He wouldn't be alone there ;)

Seriously if Kingsley brings his kicking boots can be very damagaing up front, if memory serves me correctly kicked a couple of bags of goals this season.

Jeffers1984
13th October 2006, 04:01 PM
I wonder what we were offering for Steve Johnson?

caj23
13th October 2006, 04:11 PM
So who do we go for in the PSD? Kent Kingsley purely for depth?
Troy Makepeace for depth?

given that with the inclusion of spida our salary cap will prob be at the limit, i would guess that we will take our full quota of rookies in the national draft and not particitpate in the PSD

573v30
13th October 2006, 10:24 PM
Seriously if Kingsley brings his kicking boots can be very damagaing up front, if memory serves me correctly kicked a couple of bags of goals this season. He kicked 8 goals against a hapless Kangaroos in Round 2 but only kicked 2 more goals in the other 8 games he played this season.

I'd approach with caution... ;)