PDA

View Full Version : Swans Cutting Back

floppinab
4th February 2003, 05:44 PM
I suspect driven largely by the Swans financial situation this year, there has been a lot of value taken out of membership.

For example :

No Swans Family Day this year (OK they're trying to combine it with North Sydney but it ain't members only and certainly won't provide as much access with the players).
No 1 game free pre-season cup with membership.

Understandable to some extent that cost-cutting needs to be made but I feel cutting things like the Family Day adds to the sense of dissassociation one often feels the club has with rank and file membership, particularly for families.

vagary
4th February 2003, 07:18 PM
i'm disappointed they are not running the big bbq. only ever got to it once but really enjoyed it that time.

Destructive
4th February 2003, 11:47 PM
Membership prices stayed the same this year as last year. Anybody looking for a catch? There it is, my friends.

DST
5th February 2003, 12:59 PM
I beleive the decision to cut the one free game from the pre season cup is not a Sydney decsion but an AFL decsion due to the loss on the Wizard Cup last year.

You may find that all clubs don't have the fee pre season game this year?

As for the BBQ, well no increase in membership for the dropping of BBQ then that sounds fair to me considering that the club is try to cut back.

As a point of interest Collingwood & Carlton are actually combining their family days at Optus Oval this year when they have a practice game coming up. Just goes to show the cost cutting going on around all the clubs.

DST

Ajn
7th February 2003, 07:11 PM
The financial issue will be fine as long as they don't over estimate crowd sizes, winning more games will bring more money. That's how Sydney support works

Ajn
8th February 2003, 10:01 PM
How about we win the wizard cup and give our coffers a boost, I mean who are Brisbane anyway.....