PDA

View Full Version : Potter - one to watch for?

liz
15th July 2003, 03:08 AM
Anyone seen this kid play? Obviously performed well at the U18 championships to make AA and he's a local boy! Also seems like the kind of player the Swans are in need of - ie a non-midget inside midfielder.

From
http://afl.com.au/default.asp?pg=opinion&spg=display&articleid=105368

Nick Potter, 12/06/85, 180cm, 78kg, Pennant Hills
It was terrific to see a youngster out of the Sydney area make the All-Australian side and Potter certainly earned it. His leadership was terrific as he played in the centre of the ground, while he is a hard worker and he uses the ball smartly. He had three very good games for NSW/ACT ? the unbeaten champions in division two.

Craig
15th July 2003, 11:41 AM
My mate plays footy with him at Pennant Hills and says that he is a very classy player, though not in the same league as McVeigh or Lenny Hayes when they were 18.

jude_boltons_babe
15th July 2003, 02:07 PM
nick potter is a excellent player ive known him for ages and same with his brother tim they have been playing really well for the pennant hills demons ill get some photos of him for you

jude_boltons_babe
15th July 2003, 02:10 PM
hi craig i was just wondering who your freind was i might know him as i follow the pennant hills demons because my freinds play for them

bomber-princess
15th July 2003, 02:49 PM
he is a great player for the pennant hills demons!!! i wish him the best of luck with his representative football!!!

Craig
15th July 2003, 02:58 PM
Hi JAB, a bloke called Sully

hardluck_harry
15th July 2003, 03:13 PM
Watched the NSW v NT game on FoxFooty. That young Potter seemed to really know how to get the ball and used it well, looked like he's pretty polished.

Brad Cross looked good, he seemed a tough in and under type and gave some kid a wicked shirtfront, and Nick Braybon looked a likely tall forward taking some strong contested marks.

It's hard to tell how good these kids are, the standard of play looked pretty good but the WA v SA and VIC Metro v WA matches I watched on Fox were higher standard again.

jude_boltons_babe
15th July 2003, 03:15 PM
nick is a excellent player i also like the way brad cross plays too

penga
15th July 2003, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by hardluck_harry
Nick Braybon looked a likely tall forward taking some strong contested marks.

he has also been playing CHB for his local club

i like the sound of potter... if we drafted him u couldnt go past calling him harry :D

kepler bradley looked good for the limited footage i saw, id reckon he'd be snapped up by the doggies with one of their top picks

jude_boltons_babe
16th July 2003, 12:31 AM
nicks a great player and so is his brother tim he has another younger brother to ill put some photos of him up when i get them back

footyfans
16th July 2003, 06:53 PM
Hi all-
Nick Potter and Brad Cross play with Pennant Hills as do Dave Boers and Shaun Hodgson who were also in the NSW side.
The Demons website is really good and worth a look. It has profiles of most of the guys and heaps of good photos from the games and social nights.
Good to see heaps of players coming out of there!
www.pennanthillsafc.com.au

peterh_oz
16th July 2003, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by penga
he has also been playing CHB for his local club

i like the sound of potter... if we drafted him u couldnt go past calling him harry :D

No, you can't call him Harry ... That's his dad's name. Yes THE Harry Potter from Channel 10 news! Who is always around the games watching his sons play (right thru from Penno u9's!)

jude_boltons_babe
17th July 2003, 09:44 PM
im going to watch the potter bros plus matt gray andthe other pennant hiils demons players bring it on

footyfans
18th July 2003, 04:53 PM
Me too! I think their ground-ern holmes? is the best ground to watch footy at:cool:

jude_boltons_babe
21st July 2003, 02:36 PM
i love ern holmes oval its excellent oval the guys played really well i was so proud of them

Choko
21st July 2003, 04:29 PM
Adam_Googes_Babe and Footy fan must be kidding. Ern Holmes Oval is probably the worst to watch football at in Sydney.

The ground is so long and narrow that everyone has to stand and move to see what's going on at the other end.

It also has the worst surface in in Sydney the ground is uneven, full of potholes and an astroturf cricket piptch in the middle of it. You can not tell me that this is safe for supposedly the premier Sydney Aussie Rules competition.

By letting games go ahead at grounds like this the League is leaving themselves open to legal action from any player who injures themselves due to the state of the ground.

Norris Lurker
21st July 2003, 07:23 PM
If you're inside the clubhouse under the verandah it's not a bad spot to watch. Under cover but right next to the action, and it's very close to the centre of the ground. The scoreboard is visible from the clubhouse and is more reliable than at some other grounds, the ground announcer knows what he's talking about, and the sausage sandwiches are cheap.
But beside the clubhouse, from the hill near the scoreboard, you'd have your view of the forward pocket on the other side obscured.

A_G_B and Footy Fan were talking about the view for spectators rather than as players, so the surface wouldn't worry them so much. I wandered out there at quarter time and again after the game to take some pics - it didn't look too good, but no worse than Gore Hill.
But Choko's got a point, the surface is a worry. Seeing Peter Berbakov with his arm in a sling was a sad sight; and the state of the surface at a few grounds this season's a problem area.

Norris Lurker
22nd July 2003, 12:11 AM
Interestingly enough, the Sydney AFL official website's doing a poll on that topic, and Footyfans and A_G_B have quite a few people that agree with them; Ern Holmes is currently leading their poll.

Best ground to watch footy at in the Sydney AFL?

Drummoyne Oval 24%
Monarch Field 9%
Gore Hill Oval 4%
Ern Holmes Oval 25%
Olds Park 10%
Village Green 7%
Wagener Oval 6%
Roger Sheeran 16%

I voted for Roger Sheeran.

Choko
22nd July 2003, 05:31 PM
I agree with you Norris Lurker, Roger Sheeran is one of the best grounds to watch Sydney Footy from along with Drummoyne and even Monarch Field.

The problem with the survey on the NSW AFL website is that there is nothing to stop you from voting for the same ground as many times as you like.

jude_boltons_babe
22nd July 2003, 05:33 PM
i like ern holmes because its got a good feeling and they are really nice

footyfans
22nd July 2003, 09:15 PM
The surface at ern holmes was upgraded over summer and is in better condition that a lot of the grounds in the league.
roger sheeran is great if you have the option of the hubble telescope- you get a sense of atmosphere too if the players happen to walk past you at half time.
the condition of some of the grounds with cricket wicket areas like the village green is ridiculous. Landing on the centre of the village green would be like landing on concrete.

jude_boltons_babe
29th July 2003, 12:52 PM
nick potter had a pretty good game he kicked one goal hope he plays for them again