PDA

View Full Version : Wouldn't It Be Good

footyhead
19th July 2003, 01:05 PM
wOULDN'T IT BE GOOD IF COLLINGWOOD MADE IT TO THE GRAND FINAL, ONLY TO BE BEATEN BY BRISBANE AGAIN ??
i WOULD LOVE IT !!

desredandwhite
19th July 2003, 02:47 PM
I reckon it'd be even better if WE beat them ;)

port1978
19th July 2003, 07:28 PM
I'd prefer to see Collingwood not even make the finals! But that's not likely to happen.....hopefully they get knocked out in the 1st round! :D I'd love to see a Port vs Sydney/WC GF!

Destructive
22nd July 2003, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by desredandwhite
I reckon it'd be even better if WE beat them ;)

I'd like to see that!

liz
23rd July 2003, 12:43 AM
Nah - if we beat Collingwood in the GF we'll get another year of Pies fans thinking they're close to a flag. Even though they're Pies fans, it would be good to be kind and put them out of their misery asap.

My ideal scenario would be for us to beat them in a preliminary final at a packed Telstra Stadium with only a handful of Collingwood supporters in sight (thus proving to Eddie once and for all that there aren't millions of latent Pies fans residing in the Western suburbs.

Preferably it will be something like this...

Scores level with 1 minute to play. Antharny Rocca belts the ball into the Pies forward line to Tarrant who is outmarked by Schaubs. He kicks the ball long to Willo who then takes off, runs through the centre corridor with the ball tucked under his arm, breaks a Nafan tackle before kicking the ball onto Davis' chest, straight in front of goal with seconds left on the clock. The rest, as they say, is history. Might be even better if Davis was 50m out, but not sure my heart could take that one!

We can then play whoever at the GF the following week - doesn't matter, so long as we win!

penga
23rd July 2003, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by lizz
Preferably it will be something like this...

Scores level with 1 minute to play. Antharny Rocca belts the ball into the Pies forward line to Tarrant who is outmarked by Schaubs. He kicks the ball long to Willo who then takes off, runs through the centre corridor with the ball tucked under his arm, breaks a Nafan tackle before kicking the ball onto Davis' chest, straight in front of goal with seconds left on the clock. The rest, as they say, is history. Might be even better if Davis was 50m out, but not sure my heart could take that one!

for starters i dont think schaubs could ever outmark tarrant, however schaubs could outmark licuria, that would be more fitting IMO :D

itd be great for us to beat em in the prelim though!!!

aflconvert
24th July 2003, 08:23 PM
What ? Play a final at Telstra Stadium in Sydney instead of the MCG ?? I can hear Eddie whinging already even before first bounce