PDA

View Full Version : Who will come in?

Nico
25th February 2007, 07:24 PM
So far it is obvious that Schneider, Ablett and LRT will be missing round 1.

So Everitt plays, but who will be the other 2 to come in?

Jeffers1984
25th February 2007, 07:31 PM
Well i would of expected Phillips to play round 1 but he's been out for the last 2 weeks. Not sure is the problem there. Good chance for Simpkin to make his debut.

LRT's replacement may come in the form of Vogels or the UNIT Jesse White.

DeadlyAkkuret
25th February 2007, 07:34 PM
No consideration for Grundy? i think Sims is definitely a chance, and the Unit should replace LRT:D

Bleed Red Blood
25th February 2007, 07:54 PM
I'd like to see Schmidt and Vogels given a strong run, particularly Vogels. He'd be, what, 25 now, and in his third AFL season. Needs to show if he's up to it.

DeadlyAkkuret
25th February 2007, 08:00 PM
What's your opinion on Vogels? he's shown flashes of potential when given the chance, but i'm still not sure whether he's a forward or a backline player.

Sanecow
25th February 2007, 08:11 PM
Bevan.

hammo
25th February 2007, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by DeadlyAkkuret
What's your opinion on Vogels? he's shown flashes of potential when given the chance, but i'm still not sure whether he's a forward or a backline player.
I have a nagging suspicion watching him that he's too slow for AFL football.

I think Schmidt will take Ablett's spot, Everitt obviously and Simkin or Phillips depending on Phillips' fitness.

barry
25th February 2007, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Nico
So far it is obvious that Schneider, Ablett and LRT will be missing round 1.

So Everitt plays, but who will be the other 2 to come in?

Bit early to say, but it would be unlikely that Doyle will be ready by Round 1, so Everitt will slot in for him.

Vogels is being groomed as a defender, so he will probably come in as a CHB come CHF/FF as required for LRT.

Schmidt for Ablett seems logical, but I wouldnt discount Albett totally.

And there would be any number of candidates for Schnieders spot. Flukey half forwards can usually be pulled from obscurity.

giant
25th February 2007, 09:17 PM
Liked Vogels game down back a lot more this week than last week - in fact, I thought he was our cool head in defence while Bolton seemed to be having a "clanger fest". Jury's still out on whether he's a KP defender but yesterday was a more promising display than vs the Pies.

Lord Humungus
26th February 2007, 09:02 AM
shmidt and moore if he is fit or phillips as the small forward.

liz
26th February 2007, 11:29 AM
Phillips, Moore, Simpkin - possibly even DOK, though we've not seen him yet and it's not like the Swans to through a newbie to the Lions so quickly - could all be capable of coming in and playing as a smallish forward / flanker.

Alternatively, as a small defender - another role Schneider sometimes plays - even Jack may not be out of the question based on Saturday's performance, rookie status notwithstanding.

At this stage I suspect Moore or Simpkin would be most likely.

Jude4eva
26th February 2007, 11:45 AM
Simpkins and Grundy - was very impressed with Simpkins on Saturday he played an excellent game

reigning premier
27th February 2007, 09:34 AM
Grundy, Vogels and Phillips.

Only left out White because at this point in time, we don't need another tall/marking forward.

The loss of Schneider and Ablett takes away a bit of our run and our crumbing options so the smaller Phillips will be a more logical replacement.

Grundy can probably replace Ablett and Vogels just because he's next in line.

Simpkins didn't really impress against Bulldogs IHMO.

hammo
27th February 2007, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by reigning premier

Grundy can probably replace Ablett and Vogels just because he's next in line.

Why would you bring in two talls when Ablett is a midfielder??

Grundy on Cousins?? I doubt it.

Schmidt is the obvious one or Moore if he's fit.

reigning premier
27th February 2007, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by hammo
Why would you bring in two talls when Ablett is a midfielder??

Schmidt is the obvious one or Moore if he's fit.

Agree.....

But Schmidt and Moore haven't impressed me to date.

Bearing in mind that the loss of Ablett will probably need more of a reshuffle than a simple one for one replacement.

DeadlyAkkuret
27th February 2007, 05:33 PM
Someone remind me. Is Grundy the one who kicked 3 goals against Richmond last year? or was that Moore?

reigning premier
27th February 2007, 05:39 PM
Someone remind me. Is Grundy the one who kicked 3 goals against Richmond last year? or was that Moore?

Grundy I believe.....

However, I do recall Phillips being left unattended on debut (i think) and kicking three.....

DeadlyAkkuret
27th February 2007, 05:48 PM
Thanks! Moore is the guy with the army style haircut isn't he? i just remember him reminding me of Mathews, which isn't a good thing lol.

reigning premier
27th February 2007, 06:11 PM
Thanks! Moore is the guy with the army style haircut isn't he? i just remember him reminding me of Mathews, which isn't a good thing lol.

Could be either so don't get to excited!!.... I do remember both Phillips and Grundy having a blinder very early on in either debut or 2nd game... probably because no one thought to pay them any mind.. :D

that'll teach 'em...

Jeffers1984
27th February 2007, 06:18 PM
Grundy I believe.....

However, I do recall Phillips being left unattended on debut (i think) and kicking three.....
Grundy was the one that kicked 3,on debut. Phillips kicked 1 goal against 'Richmond and 3 Posters. Could of been gold for Flipper that day.

Nico
27th February 2007, 06:27 PM
Agree.....

But Schmidt and Moore haven't impressed me to date.

Bearing in mind that the loss of Ablett will probably need more of a reshuffle than a simple one for one replacement.

So you didn't watch Saturday's game? Schmidt got more clearances than Jude Bolton did for the whole of 2006(slight exaggeration). Particularly centre bounce clearances.

LittleSchneider
28th February 2007, 05:16 PM
Am I the only one that thinks that Schneider and/or Ablett will be fit for round 1? They havent been ruled out as of yet.

Claret
28th February 2007, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by LittleSchneider
Am I the only one that thinks that Schneider and/or Ablett will be fit for round 1?Yep

Layby
28th February 2007, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by hammo

That is not a bad match up actually, cousins is too worried about his hair these days !

LittleSchneider
1st March 2007, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Claret
Yep

Considering the expected rehab time was estimated at 4-6 weeks and the injury occured approx. 5/6 weeks till Round 1 and the fact that both the injury list on the swans website and the injury list on Gibbs' website both say avaliable for Round 1 how then can it be "obvious" [Nico] that he will miss Round 1??