PDA

View Full Version : Arrogant Eagles supporters booking flights to Grand final already!

JF_Bay22_SCG
2nd March 2007, 12:16 PM
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=302089

Man, that lot truly make me sick! How arrogant can they seriously be.

Our best hope is that they lose 3-4 of their top stars to weekend detention & as a result miss the finals.

Still the NAB Cup derby result against Freo was pleasing, wasn't it?

BRING ON ROUND 1! Man I want to smash those cocky... ! :mad:

JF

Sanecow
2nd March 2007, 12:29 PM
They can always give them to their Freo supporting friends.

reigning premier
2nd March 2007, 12:34 PM
They have no friends...

Xie Shan
2nd March 2007, 12:38 PM
Not that arrogant, actually...if you see a cheap fare it wouldn't be such a bad idea to snap it up, I think Virgin lets you use the value of the ticket towards other domestic flights if you don't use it.

Chances are you wouldn't save that much money by booking flights this early, no airline in their right mind would have a sale on tickets to Melbourne in GF week!

CureTheSane
2nd March 2007, 01:06 PM
I've already arranged my travel to Melbourne in anticipation of the Swans making the GF :)

16.SFC
2nd March 2007, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Xie Shan
Not that arrogant, actually...if you see a cheap fare it wouldn't be such a bad idea to snap it up, I think Virgin lets you use the value of the ticket towards other domestic flights if you don't use it.

Chances are you wouldn't save that much money by booking flights this early, no airline in their right mind would have a sale on tickets to Melbourne in GF week! I must agree - my airline tickets for GF week are booked (That make me an arrogant Swans supporter?).
Living on the western side of the country you have to snap up the cheap fares whenever you can. I think ticket prices soared to $1,000 one way last year.

Arrogance is taking long service leave on Grand Final week and telling your boss that you are off to see the Swans play.;)

ScottH
2nd March 2007, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by CureTheSane
I've already arranged my travel to Melbourne in anticipation of the Swans making the GF :) Can I grab a ride, mate?

I'm not far out of your way.

AnnieH
2nd March 2007, 01:19 PM
I booked my tickets to Melbourne for September early in January. Got $125 e/way.

Claret
2nd March 2007, 03:30 PM
I've already arranged my travel to Melbourne in anticipation of the Swans making the GF :) I just moved here. It saves on the airfares.

ScottH
2nd March 2007, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Claret
I just moved here. It saves on the airfares. Thats pretty arrogant. Do you think the Swans will be in the GF forever?

Triple B
2nd March 2007, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by JF_Bay22_SCG

Seriously JF, WCIllegal bashing is a favourite pastime on this board and so it should be.

But let's keep it a little bit sensible.

If for some reason they said the GF would be played in Perth this year, you would have been the first person to book and no doubt would be boasting you had your tickets already. They were burnt last year by outrageous prices and some couldn't even get to Melbourne even prepared to pay the price.

Bashing them is well and good, but don't make yourself look like a knob by getting all indignant about 'the arrogant' mob 'making you sick'.

What's the difference between Swan's members paying Premiership Club and WC fans booking flights early??

Am I arrogant for paying Premiership club? I've paid an extra $270, non-refundable if we don't even make it. Am I arrogant for doing that?

No, I just want to know that IF we make it, my family will have a seat. WC fans buying flights now are buying them so IF they make the GF, they can get to Melbourne.

</rant>

Claret
2nd March 2007, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by ScottH
Thats pretty arrogant. Do you think the Swans will be in the GF forever? It's worked so far. Moved here in mid-2005.

NMWBloods
2nd March 2007, 06:15 PM
If people here were buying tickets to the GF then you'd say they were good supporters for getting behind their team...

There was nothing in that BF thread that looked arrogant or stupid - this thread on the other hand...

ScottH
2nd March 2007, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Claret
It's worked so far. Moved here in mid-2005. Well, you better stay then!!!!

CureTheSane
3rd March 2007, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by ScottH
Can I grab a ride, mate?

I'm not far out of your way.

Sure, I doubt the train is full yet :)

No way I am driving in.

I'd either be drinking and celebrating or drowning my sorrows :)

ScottH
3rd March 2007, 05:21 PM
Sure, I doubt the train is full yet :)

No way I am driving in.

I'd either be drinking and celebrating or drowning my sorrows :) Cool just make the driver turn right head north and then back to the G.

W84
4th March 2007, 05:03 PM
The smart ones in WA book early.

The ones who did so last year and the previous year were the envy of those who had to pay increased prices on airfares or could not get airfares at all.

Some also attend the GF regardless of who is playing.

If one with airfares chooses not to attend then that person can simply offload the airfares to another who is willing to go.

It's simply a matter of safeguarding transport measures. After all, Perth is a long way from Melbourne. Folks from Sydney can drive if they want to. Some people in Perth also drive but very few do (as you can imagine).

Sanecow
4th March 2007, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by W84
Some also attend the GF regardless of who is playing.

We call these ones "selfish @@@@@s".

reigning premier
5th March 2007, 01:31 PM
It's simply a matter of safeguarding transport measures. After all, Perth is a long way from Melbourne.

Not far enough......

Sorry, that was a bit harsh. Perth is a beautiful place. Just a pity it's wasted on so many illegurl supporters...

W84
5th March 2007, 04:54 PM
Re: Thread title

Originally posted by reigning premier
Cheer up... Less than a year until we are premiers again...

reigning premier
6th March 2007, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by JF_Bay22_SCG
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=302089

BRING ON ROUND 1! Man I want to smash those cocky... ! :mad:

JF

Congrats JF..... You're famous and being quoted.... And surprisingly for the Telegraph... Only slightly out of context and edited... :D

As quoted by JF! (http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,21328334-5006065,00.html)

laughingnome
7th March 2007, 06:37 PM
I still don't see what's wrong with taking a train - from Perth or Sydney. Cheaper and cleaner then planes or driving, and you can still drink to your liver's disgust.

Or is this option seen as too smart (or too low brow) for some on the arse-end of the country?

Sanecow
7th March 2007, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by laughingnome
I still don't see what's wrong with taking a train - from Perth or Sydney. Cheaper and cleaner then planes or driving, and you can still drink to your liver's disgust.

From Perth to Melbourne, it's slow and expensive.

Originally posted by laughingnome
Or is this option seen as too smart (or too low brow) for some on the arse-end of the country?

I can't help you there, you'd have to ask someone from Sydney.

j s
7th March 2007, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by Sanecow
From Perth to Melbourne, it's slow and expensive.

I can't help you there, you'd have to ask someone from Sydney.
Ok! We'll tell Bazza you said to ask him.

Wardy
8th March 2007, 12:05 PM
I cant see the problem with it - and as I said in a previous thread - the number of cheap seats available is so minimal on all flights, the actual number of people who have snapped them up isnt huge.

And why not - I bet there are Sydneysiders who have done it too - so are they considered arrogant as well? I reckon its clever forward planning, and perhaps a bit of wishful thinking.

AnnieH
9th March 2007, 11:53 AM
I'm sure there are people out there (other than me) that go to melbourne for the granny anyway - doesn't matter who plays. It's makes sense to secure my (cheaper) airfares and (more convenient) accommodation in January.

Sanecow
9th March 2007, 11:59 AM
It's only 100-200 days walk across the country for a more humble supporter.

laughingnome
10th March 2007, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Sanecow
It's only 100-200 days walk across the country for a more humble supporter.
Got pilgrims?

Danzar
10th March 2007, 01:31 PM
Hey - do you think it's time to open the grand final planning forum yet?

ScottH
11th March 2007, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by Danzar
Hey - do you think it's time to open the grand final planning forum yet? :D

Not too premature???

reigning premier
12th March 2007, 04:38 PM
Nah.... i've already booked my Brownlow tickets because I want to be the first to shake Nick Davis' hand....

woo
12th March 2007, 05:20 PM
I tell ya not a bad call re nick davis...I am prepared to say it now.

Claret
12th March 2007, 07:53 PM
Nah.... i've already booked my Brownlow tickets because I want to be the first to shake Nick Davis' hand.... . . . in Sydney, of course.

BeeEmmAre
20th September 2007, 04:44 PM
BUMP.

It didn't take long.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130154722848

Sorry, had to do it.

reigning premier
20th September 2007, 04:50 PM
BUMP.

It didn't take long.

Sorry, had to do it.

Where the hell did a couple of illegals supporters get six grand?

swantastic
20th September 2007, 05:01 PM
BUMP.

It didn't take long.

Sorry, had to do it.LOL thats funny,i was just about to log on to e-bay to ask the seller a question but i thought the question was a little rough."How stupid do your arrogant Eagle supporter parents feel now"?

ScottH
21st September 2007, 07:00 AM
Where the hell did a couple of illegals supporters get six grand?Question answered.

AnnieH
21st September 2007, 10:23 AM
The article has been removed off eBay.
What was it??

BeeEmmAre
21st September 2007, 09:56 PM
The article has been removed off eBay.
What was it??

Two tickets to the AFL grand final with flights and accommodation. $6500 buy it now.

Bloke said he was trying to recoup some money for his 'hopeful Eagles member parents'.

Cher
21st September 2007, 11:39 PM
I saw one on ebay that was Freo supporters that had bought a package during the year!