19th March 2007, 08:12 PM
Who's playing? When and where?

swans song
20th March 2007, 10:39 PM
surely someone knows

ROK Lobster
20th March 2007, 10:40 PM
surely someone knows
I'm waiting for a response too. Have not heard anything here so I don't think it is against an ACT team.

ItsAllGoodes
21st March 2007, 08:09 PM
I asked the Melbourne Office if they knew anything.

Their reply was:

It isn't a practice match so much as a "competitive training session".

It will be at Lakeside Oval opposite the SCG at 12.00 mid-day on Saturday

Damien
21st March 2007, 08:18 PM
It is Sydney Reserves v NSW ACT Under 18's. There will be some seniors playing though, and some swapping of teams etc, so a final hitout etc.

swans song
21st March 2007, 08:41 PM
Should be interesting practice game given there are a few spots up for grabs

giant
22nd March 2007, 08:57 PM
I asked the Melbourne Office if they knew anything.

Their reply was:

It isn't a practice match so much as a "competitive training session".

It will be at Lakeside Oval opposite the SCG at 12.00 mid-day on Saturday

This confirmed? Lakeside is "Bus Stop" Oval is it not?

Sheesh, I'm desperate to see some footy....

The Boot
23rd March 2007, 07:54 AM
I presume it'll be RED jumpers v WHITE jumpers?

And if they were to charge admission, you'd think there'd be a few handy dollars to be made ..

Livid_Swan
23rd March 2007, 09:40 AM
Anyone know when this game is meant to start ? Could be a good footy fix for this weekend :)

The Boot
23rd March 2007, 11:47 AM
Saturday
Late thunder
Min: 21?C Max: 32?C

Or should that be "Late shake-the-thunder"

ItsAllGoodes
23rd March 2007, 01:54 PM
Anyone know when this game is meant to start ? Could be a good footy fix for this weekend :)

If you look at my earlier post...the Melbourne office suggested 12 noon
Maybe check with the Sydney office???

liz
24th March 2007, 02:59 PM
I stopped by and watched the first half. It was basically the Barry Hall show. The big man looks very fit and sharp and was beating whoever was on him with ease (while I was watching Vogels and White each took their turn). He wasn't so much using his strength as his anticipation and speed on the lead. His kicking at goal was good, but he wasn't hogging the shot taking, passing off to other players whenever he could, even when in a real game you'd hope he take the shot himself.

DOK was out there too. He looks quite slight at the moment but he seemed assured and his skills solid.

It wasn't really a game to take too much out of but the non-Swans players there - presumably state u18 players - all looked to be having a ball and were getting right into it, with lots of tackling and harrassing. Many of them didn't look out of place skill-wise either, with one chap taking a very courageous mark running backwards into traffic on the shady-side wing.

The mystery of Matthew Davis continues. I haven't seen his name listed on any injury lists at all but he wasn't out there playing. Indeed, after watching the first half I went down to Fox for coffee and a few minutes after I got there, Davis and Grundy turned up together (in civvies).

hammo
24th March 2007, 04:38 PM
Not aware of the start time, I was planning to stop in on my home at 3pm but it was all over.

Saw NOG walking down the Driver Avenue and that's about it.

giant
24th March 2007, 05:17 PM
Must have been damn hot out there today. Ouch.

Swannette
24th March 2007, 06:06 PM
Yep, I saw #21, 17, 15, 36, 32, 29 and others having a run around. I missed the #1 show, arriving at the start of the third (and last as it turned out - too hot for 4) quarter. Didn't matter, I was mainly there to watch a young 16yo friend and share in his delight at playing with and against the Swans. Irish looked to be feeling the heat a little, but he looked to have the ball on a string in the short bit of game I saw. Heavily strapped on the shoulder. Looked fine to me - especially running and walking past me in a state of shirtlessness!! Yeow!!

The Boot
24th March 2007, 06:42 PM
They actually didnt play the last quarter. By then it was as hot as. But, being the professionals they are, there were warm down exercises, and stretchings out in the sun afterwards.

I played elderly goal ump & ball getter at the Paddo end (in maggot orange tee), severely embarrassing myself by kicking many propellers, and grubbers back towards the centre. Leapin' gesticulated for the sherrin one time after a behind, and when it fell short I'm sure I noticed a ...
:rolleyes:
Steady on mate, .. I'm twice your age.
<laugh>

All good stuff. Whew! It handily replaced the usual Sat morning running machine at the SCC sports centre. Also noted that after Bazza's half game, he strapped on a timer & joggers and ran off into the distance (at pace) with a trainer (Misson?).

Tadhg, has a long Bra-Boys-like tatt (celtic script?) running up one side on his abdominal obliques saying "FATHER" (I think). In fabulous looking shape. Tanned and muscled up, as is Leapin', who seemed to be able to avoid laying even a "fingernail" in the back of Vogels who played FF. Admittedley the umps were not of the Demetriou-fearing variety. Bazza shirtfronted Bullldog Moore putting him on his back on the spectator side just before half time. He looked casually over his shoulder as if to say "good thing i wasn't in top gear, mate".

Looking forward to icing my heartstrings down this evening .. though not in the oft-written West-coastian manner ... ahem .. cough .. cough

liz
24th March 2007, 07:17 PM
Bazza shirtfronted Bullldog Moore putting him on his back on the spectator side just before half time. He looked casually over his shoulder as if to say "good thing i wasn't in top gear, mate".

I saw that, but interpreted Baz's glance back as an anxious one to find out who it was he'd bumped, with him looking relieved that it was at least a listed player rather than one of the kids.

Just before he (Hall) had been accidentally tripped as he was going for a mark on the wing. The umpire called play-on but Hall glared around him to see who it was - to see Crouch nonchalantly trotting away from the 'crime scene'.

Sanecow
24th March 2007, 07:22 PM
Liz, did Tadhg play?

Paly.

liz
24th March 2007, 07:26 PM
Looked fine to me - especially running and walking past me in a state of shirtlessness!! Yeow!!

At quarter time a few of them stripped their shirts off under the shade of the trees. Some put ice vests on but other just paraded around with bare torsos.

Vogels' physique is now quite impressive - doesn't look to be an ounce of spare fat on his upper body. Hopefully his aerobic fitness is up to the same level.

While I was watching, Kennelly and Barlow were running around in opposition to each other, though it wasn't clear who was 'defending' who. Barlow beat Kennelly to the ball a couple of times with pace, though I suspect Kennelly was cruising just a little.

DeadlyAkkuret
24th March 2007, 09:58 PM
Well, seems quite a few of the ladies were more interested in the torso's than the spectacle of the match itself, but thanks for the review none the less:cool:

liz
25th March 2007, 12:07 AM
Well, seems quite a few of the ladies were more interested in the torso's than the spectacle of the match itself

It is called 'multi-tasking'.

You guys should try it some time! (though not all of you necessarily in the same context :p )

stellation
25th March 2007, 07:54 AM

You guys should try it some time! (though not all of you necessarily in the same context :p )
hhhehehehehehehehhehehehehehhe :D

Legs Akimbo
25th March 2007, 08:10 AM

Okay, I am off to do some multi-tasking at the FINA swimming world championships. Hopefully I don't get kicked out.

satchmopugdog
25th March 2007, 10:23 AM
Multi tasking means you have to watch the swimming as well...at the same time even.

swansrock4eva
25th March 2007, 12:24 PM

And a fine art it is too! Getting to watch the best game in the world AND watch some of the mighty fine bods that play it in revealing uniforms! Gotta love it :D

*is itching for Saturday night to hurry up and be here!*

AussieAnge
25th March 2007, 05:35 PM
Well, seems quite a few of the ladies were more interested in the torso's than the spectacle of the match itself, but thanks for the review none the less:cool:

I read it as the ladies commenting on how fit and well the boys looked rather than them perving:p

DeadlyAkkuret
25th March 2007, 06:27 PM

You have no idea, i can get laid and enjoy it at the same time.

stellation
25th March 2007, 06:40 PM
You have no idea, i can get laid and enjoy it at the same time.
Which, in your experience, are two mutually exclusive items for women?

DeadlyAkkuret
25th March 2007, 07:05 PM
Which, in your experience, are two mutually exclusive items for women?

Lol, guess i left myself open for that one, but you're wrong.

sharp9
26th March 2007, 02:20 PM
(while I was watching Vogels and White each took their turn). You see....now that's why I tune in to RWo...to answer those curly questions the journos don't care about...like "will Vogels definitely play this week or are they actually considering playing White as the back-up tall defender?"

but, Liz you're letting us down...did either of them go alright on Baz...or are we stuffed for a genuine strong, genuine tall defender?