PDA

View Full Version : Off-field drama won't impact the Eagles

ScottH
20th March 2007, 02:00 PM
West Coast has made plenty of off-field headlines in recent months but Paul Roos doesn't expect the drama to affect their performance.

More... (http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/Default.aspx?tabid=7106&newsId=39791)

Jeffers1984
20th March 2007, 02:05 PM
Good stuff Roos. I reckon it may have the opposite effect on the Eagles.

stellation
20th March 2007, 02:46 PM
Damnit, assuming that Davo turned up to training then that means he was across the road from my house yesterday and I missed a perfect stalking opportunity :(

barry
20th March 2007, 08:44 PM
WC are in a downward spiral. No way will they win against us. No way will they make top 4 this year.

When a club with a culture of partying hard wins a grand final, well, the rest is history.

TheHood
20th March 2007, 08:45 PM
I happen to think the early money is that they are going to suffer a "Port Adelaide-like" hangover.

They have been very arrogant since taking the flag. To me they are likely to bounce all of their reality cheques.

Damien
20th March 2007, 08:45 PM
I keep thinking of when Carey left the Roos in 2002, it was roughly the same timing, and the Roos went over the Adelaide and won....

swantastic
20th March 2007, 10:24 PM
The Embley and Chick dust up says it all, the team is divided and i reckon if it keeps up Judd will be looking else where IMHO for greener pastures.

Demsone
20th March 2007, 10:30 PM
The Embley and Chick dust up says it all, the team is divided and i reckon if it keeps up Judd will be looking else where IMHO for greener pastures.

Wouldn't it be funny if he ends up coming to Sydney. I mean it won't happen..but would be such a shock. And why not we have an awesome setup.

He can captain the swans anyday Juddy!

/wakes up from dreaming

swans song
20th March 2007, 10:37 PM
TAB sportsbet have Syd $1.65 Wce $2.10
Eagles are over the odds despite off field drama
Umwanted added pressure on Sydney as well
If we get beaten fans will be devastated
Don't build your hopes too much 1st round

Go Swannies
21st March 2007, 04:28 AM
Wouldn't it be funny if he ends up coming to Sydney. I mean it won't happen..but would be such a shock. And why not we have an awesome setup.

He can captain the swans anyday Juddy!

/wakes up from dreaming

He would be the epitome of the "No @@@@@@@@s" policy. Better to go for Judd when he gets tired of the West Coast circus.

Wardy
21st March 2007, 07:43 AM
WC are in a downward spiral. No way will they win against us. No way will they make top 4 this year.

When a club with a culture of partying hard wins a grand final, well, the rest is history.

thats a red rag to a bull - dont ever say that - these things have had a habit of making a team all the more determined to succeed - I hope I'm wrong of course, but you cant ever write West Coast off, no matter how much we'd all like to. I know I would like our boys to thrash them, but the doubting Tomasina in me thinks that wont be the case.

Captain
21st March 2007, 08:56 AM
He would be the epitome of the "No @@@@@@@@s" policy. Better to go for Judd when he gets tired of the West Coast circus.

I think Demsone meant Judd, not Cousins

WASwansFanatic
21st March 2007, 09:03 AM
IMHO I think Judd will be leaving at the end of the season. And I think that is what everyone is worried about over here.
It is about bloody time Cousins got done. I mean everyone is starting to feel sorry for him, but this bloke has acted untouchable and now he is not. How many "last chances" did he want.
Anyway on with the footy I say....cant wait for R1!

Zlatorog
21st March 2007, 09:05 AM
For the Swans it should be business as usual as indicated by Roos, and I must agree with him. I don't want to predict where WCE is going to finish this year, because they have too many good players in their midst to contemplate such thing. They'll certainly have some premiership hangover like many other clubs (remember us last year), but I wouldn't credit that to Cousins fiasco.

hammo
21st March 2007, 09:41 AM
I don't think Cousins will be the last Eagle to face suspension judging by the rumours and press reports that are flying around. In-fighting and admissions that other players have drug problems tend to indicate a cultural problem that won't be easily fixed.

The Eagles will be dangerous on March 31 but I think we deserve to be warm favourites.

Judd wants to defer his contract talks until after the season so IMO he will go back to Melbourne if he's not happy with the off field issues at West Coast. Definitely Sydney should sound him out though.

Lucky Knickers
21st March 2007, 12:18 PM
Judd in red and white is pure fantasy. Won't he want back to Vic?
The one I'd line up for is Embley. Hunter would be good too.

Demsone
21st March 2007, 12:47 PM
I think Demsone meant Judd, not Cousins

Thats exactly what i meant!

No way would i want cousins at the swans!

ScottH
21st March 2007, 12:51 PM
There was no way people wanted plugger at the swans, either, before he was signed up.

Wardy
21st March 2007, 01:13 PM
There was no way people wanted plugger at the swans, either, before he was signed up.

exactly - and look what he did for the Swans - and the same could be said for Baz too - so Sydney really is the rehab centre for wayward AFL players.

Wardy
21st March 2007, 01:14 PM
No way would i want cousins at the swans!

Well with the way you go on, some may say the same about you;)
but I mean that in a caring way.

AnnieH
21st March 2007, 02:21 PM
I think this off-field drama has really rattled the budgie's cage.
Woosha looked like @@@@ at the press conference yesterday.
They were the talk of the AFL six months ago for all the right reasons, and are again are the talk of the town ... for all the wrong reasons. That has to have an impact on your players ... it's had an impact on the fans. Their press at this time of the year should be about defending their flag, not about defending their prized dag.

As for welcoming any of them to our team - no thanks - Judd included. Whilst we may be a rehab centre for wayward players (e.g. Plugga, Spida, BBBH, et al), we are not a rehab centre for wayward criminals. We're not the Department of Corrective Services.

hammo
21st March 2007, 02:30 PM
As for welcoming any of them to our team - no thanks - Judd included. Whilst we may be a rehab centre for wayward players (e.g. Plugga, Spida, BBBH, et al), we are not a rehab centre for wayward criminals. We're not the Department of Corrective Services.
What crime has Judd committed or indeed 95% of the West Coast club?

NMWBloods
21st March 2007, 02:31 PM
I'd be happy to have Judd, Embley, Cox, Glass, Nicoski, Stenglein or Wirrpanda at the Swans. Kerr or Cousins would probably be alright in a different environment too.

swans song
31st March 2007, 09:32 PM
This was 30th March

TAB sportsbet have Syd $1.65 Wce $2.10
Eagles are over the odds despite off field drama
Umwanted added pressure on Sydney as well
If we get beaten fans will be devastated
Don't build your hopes too much 1st round