PDA

View Full Version : Don't let the "Wayne Bennetts" stop you TroyG

Rafters
23rd July 2003, 06:25 PM
An open letter to TroyG

"I must admit I haven't logged onto R&W for sometime as I have moved up to sunny Cairns, but I must admit my shock that you are intending on pulling up stumps on your Sydney Rules section. How am I going to get the goss on Sydney footy now? You are an excellent reporter & the thing I like about your style is the lack of bias.

Don't worry if you offended a few people from time to time ... the pen is mightier than the sword.

Your contribution to Sydney footy is too great, than to let a few critics stop you. Does the rugby league media stop writing because Wayne Bennett tells them to stop writing. No.

The truth hurts. Tell it as it is ... as it should be.

If you get it wrong at times, then be a man, like you appear to have done, & admit that you are wrong.

Suppose one of the edicts in the journalists world is to "check your facts" as you may get into trouble otherwise.

Still keep your head up, re-think your decision & I look forward to the next edition of Sydney Rules next week.

Yours sincerely

Rafters"

Spanner
28th July 2003, 10:09 PM
I agree with Rafters sentiments regarding Troy's decision.
Please give it another thought. You're articles are most appreciated by SFL and SFA followers.

There are many people who look forward to your imformative match reports and the view of the competition from an unbiased perspective.

I know from personal experience that you have a passionate view about the problems and needs of local football. You are the only person I know who has made a conscious effort to get to different games on a weekly basis and report without fear or favour.

With the finals just around the corner the comp needs your input.
The only reson many of us visit this site is to read the local footy pages. Stay online.

Looking forward to seeing you at a game soon.

footyhead
30th July 2003, 06:07 PM
Keep going Troy