PDA

View Full Version : Swans 25 year dinner - so who's going?

Wardy
21st March 2007, 08:24 AM
well after the low numbers that were booked and paid for last year, for it only to be postponed, I find it amazing that they really havent lowered the price for this year or held it at a waterproof venue like the convention centre at Darling Harbour and its on a Thursday night? So who's going to fork out $500 for the platinum seat?

They had the Team of the Century dinner at the Convention Centre, on a Friday night, and despite them mucking up our table numbers, it was a great venue, food was excellent and & indeed good value for the $200 per head we paid.

The 2005 Best & Fairest was only good because we had won the flag the week before so you didnt really care what you got, however to be honest the food was crap, the drinks closely monitored and the place itself was bland.

I'm a bit dubious as to what one gets for $500 sitting in a tent on the SCG - what it if rains?

reigning premier
21st March 2007, 09:18 AM
Anyone have a link they can post here?

Wardy
21st March 2007, 09:28 AM

its in the magazine this month - sorry I'm not that clever to attach things. SCOTT - CAN YOU HELP PLEASE?

Glenn
21st March 2007, 09:36 AM

From Sydney Swans Event Calendar (http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/Events/Calendar/tabid/7869/Default.aspx)

Anniversary Dinner - Thursday 14 June
VENUE: SCG
DRESS: Lounge
ON SALE DATE: 2 April 2007
COST: Platinum - $500, Gold - $350, Silver - $200
BOOKINGS CLOSE: 4 June 2007 unless sold out
The Anniversary Dinner will celebrate the Sydney Swans 25 years in the Harbour City and the Club?s 20 year partnership with Principal Partner QBE paying tribute to those who have contributed to the success of the Red and White.

Wardy
21st March 2007, 09:38 AM
From Sydney Swans Event Calendar (http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/Events/Calendar/tabid/7869/Default.aspx)

Anniversary Dinner - Thursday 14 June
VENUE: SCG
DRESS: Lounge
ON SALE DATE: 2 April 2007
COST: Platinum - $500, Gold - $350, Silver - $200
BOOKINGS CLOSE: 4 June 2007 unless sold out
The Anniversary Dinner will celebrate the Sydney Swans 25 years in the Harbour City and the Club?s 20 year partnership with Principal Partner QBE paying tribute to those who have contributed to the success of the Red and White.

thanks Glenn - for $500 I'd want a stylish all weather poncho to go with my outfit should it rain!;)

Glenn
21st March 2007, 09:40 AM
thanks Glenn - for $500 I'd want a stylish all weather poncho to go with my outfit should it rain!;)

They will be on sale on the night from the merchandise outlets :D

cruiser
21st March 2007, 09:42 AM
thanks Glenn - for $500 I'd want a stylish all weather poncho to go with my outfit should it rain!;)In June at night, for that price you'd want a red and white mink stole to help keep warm.

Glenn
21st March 2007, 09:44 AM
Just a thought, wouldn't it be in one of the enclosed dining rooms at the SCG, rather a Marquee :confused:

Damien
21st March 2007, 09:48 AM
Nah, it's in the middle of the ground I am told.

Wardy
21st March 2007, 10:04 AM
Nah, it's in the middle of the ground I am told.

yep in the leaking marquee - god one's jimmy choo shoes would be buggered just getting from the carpark to the table!

stellation
21st March 2007, 10:21 AM
I might take Goody Stella along so that she can walk on the SCG in heels.

Wardy
21st March 2007, 10:31 AM
I might take Goody Stella along so that she can walk on the SCG in heels.

excellent for the lawn 100 pairs of stilletto's

Zlatorog
21st March 2007, 11:16 AM
The Silver one sitting is oitside of the Marquee and a telescope is not inlcuded (for watching stars that is).:D

Wardy
21st March 2007, 11:49 AM
The Silver one sitting is oitside of the Marquee and a telescope is not inlcuded (for watching stars that is).:D

At least in the cheap seats you are near the loos - and stuck between the speakers so as its really loud. You will get the wind draft from the slight gap bewteen the tent walls though.

Layby
21st March 2007, 01:41 PM
excellent for the lawn 100 pairs of stilletto's

I didnt know Goody Stella was a centipede !

Wardy
21st March 2007, 01:44 PM
I didnt know Goody Stella was a centipede !

LOL - you know what I mean!!!!

AnnieH
21st March 2007, 01:50 PM
We're going Wardy, albeit the cheap seats. Maybe we can organise a table or two?? Hopefully they'll put us close to the bar!!:D