PDA

View Full Version : Improvement

daniel
22nd March 2007, 01:44 PM
obvisouly to be a contender this year we need to improve, here are some reasons i think we will go all the way this year-

1. Malceski- easily my number one, the guys left foot is precision to say the least. Also with our foward line we are leading foward types eg hall, micky. Mal plays a bit like dal santo in pin pointing a target.

2. Everitt- obvious one here but focusing on what he can bring a very very decent risk.

3. Flipper- genuine crumber, something we have lacked for pretty much ten years. could regularly kick 3-4 with the amount of crumbs from fowards.

thoughts? where can we improve this year?

Sanecow
22nd March 2007, 01:58 PM
obvisouly to be a contender this year we need to improve

:confused:

ScottH
22nd March 2007, 02:11 PM
:confused:
Every team needs to improve to be a contender. Leave the guy alone.

daniel
22nd March 2007, 02:22 PM
you reckon we could contend for the flag if we didnt improve upon last year sanecow?, considering we made the top four by percentage you have to be very confident

Sanecow
22nd March 2007, 02:29 PM
you reckon we could contend for the flag if we didnt improve upon last year sanecow?, considering we made the top four by percentage you have to be very confident

Having lost the GF by a single point, I don't see the competition improving over the summer to the point where maintaining our 2006 performance won't see the Swans in contention. However, there is plenty of room for improvement though across the list from Ablett's clearances to Hall's overhead marking.

reigning premier
22nd March 2007, 02:50 PM
Play Davis in all 22 games.... In the centre.....

Roll on September....

stellation
22nd March 2007, 03:07 PM

Roll on September....
You are now, essentially, my all time favourite poster ;)

daniel
22nd March 2007, 03:51 PM
does anyone else agree that malceski will reach a new level this year and come into the very good player bracket of the competition?

arht
22nd March 2007, 04:05 PM
Agreed - I think the Eski will start to be recognised as one of our important players by season end ... whether that is the "very good" bracket for the whole comp, not so sure ... as you know, we struggle to get our guys recognised by anyone from Vic until they are superstars, so I think him just making the top 5 at the B&F at year end will be a good achievement in itself.

... and to your point about improvement being needed. Every business knows that doing the same will have you heading backwards very quickly as your competitors try to imitate what you do ... did Brisbane just appoint 5 skippers. Does Mick Malthouse not talk often of how he wants his team to play with the intensity of the Swans, who in his words play every game as though it is a final. Teams are trying to pick up on what we do ...

If we stand still and accept we are as good as we can be with no room for improvement, then don't expect much from the finals this season.

Zlatorog
22nd March 2007, 04:34 PM

Yeah, and keep him of the booze and KFC as well.:D

DeadlyAkkuret
22nd March 2007, 06:15 PM

Roll on September....

That's essential!

Lucky Knickers
22nd March 2007, 08:45 PM
I'd really love to see our goal kicking accuracy improve on 2006.

If Davo plays that will be a start

Foreign Legion
22nd March 2007, 08:58 PM
does anyone else agree that malceski will reach a new level this year and come into the very good player bracket of the competition?

I agree daniel.

I think that Nick will have a super year - barring injury. He would be pushing for a top 10 B&F finish I reckon. He has the best foot passing skills in the club, is quick and tough. He also has a hell of a lot of high pressure finals experience for someone with his amount of total games.

Hawks were VERY interested in him at trade time so they would agree with your assessment.

Buchanan may go up another level too - I think he will improve again and I have a strong belief that Moore will make it if given a chance.

reigning premier
23rd March 2007, 09:17 AM
You are now, essentially, my all time favourite poster ;)

Did i mention how he'll win the B&F and silence all his critics by taking out the TLM!!????? :eek:

NMWBloods
23rd March 2007, 09:32 AM
Does anyone think Malceski will get 'second year blues'? - seems to happen to a lot of our younger players.

reigning premier
23rd March 2007, 09:38 AM
Does anyone think Malceski will get 'second year blues'? - seems to happen to a lot of our younger players.

Hope not.... But did he play a full year last year??? Perhaps then this is his first full year...

But know what you mean...

Schneider..... Is the one that immediately comes to mind.

NMWBloods
23rd March 2007, 09:41 AM
Hope not either - he is my favourite young player. But we have sort of seen elements of this with Schneider, Bevan, Dempster, McVeigh.

daniel
23rd March 2007, 10:16 AM
interested to see how more does. really hope he does well but competing for a hard position and also similar to alot of players in the team.

i doubt Mal will get second year blues as his been around the club for about 5 years now and has alot of exprience and conditioning the only way i can see the great man stopped is through injury however his a tough tough nut. see his recoverey from the monster hit by chick in the semi.

Sanecow
23rd March 2007, 01:06 PM
Hope not either - he is my favourite young player. But we have sort of seen elements of this with Schneider, Bevan, Dempster, McVeigh.

Yup. I am not saluting the Malceski flag until the runs are on the board and the pudding has been eaten.

Jeffers1984
23rd March 2007, 01:18 PM
Schneider..... Is the one that immediately comes to mind.

Schneider's 2004 was tough. Tore his hammy against Essendon (the game we were raped by the umpires). Never recovered after that.

Industrial Fan
23rd March 2007, 03:22 PM
Yup. I am not saluting the Malceski flag until the runs are on the board and the pudding has been eaten.Has he been doing gymnastics? :confused:

Captain
25th March 2007, 09:52 PM
I'm looking for Jude Bolton to take his game to the next level. I think he can go from an average midfielder to a genuine star.

liz
25th March 2007, 09:57 PM
I'm looking for Jude Bolton to take his game to the next level. I think he can go from an average midfielder to a genuine star.

Realistically, it is unlikely that Jude will improve much. He is a very handy player - better than many on this site give him credit for - but players who improve notably once they've been in the system as long as he has are few and far between.

Having said that, I suspect it is injuries that normally hold him back a little. For the last couple of years he has been very very good in the first half of the year - arguably the Swans' best- but hasn't been able to keep it up. Niggling injuries, of which we're probably not aware, are a likely explanation.

liz
25th March 2007, 10:00 PM

I wouldn't have said either Dempster or McVeigh had second year blues. In both cases their debut seasons were decent, without being spectacular, and neither had clearly established themselves in the best 22 by the end. Both were then in and out of the senior team during their second years and I thought they both showed moderate improvement over their debut years.

Captain
25th March 2007, 10:09 PM
For the last couple of years he has been very very good in the first half of the year - arguably the Swans' best- but hasn't been able to keep it up. Niggling injuries, of which we're probably not aware, are a likely explanation.

His best is very good, that's the point.

Jude can easily show genuine improvement this year though consistency, injury management, decision making, leadership etc. These will all contribute in him taking himself to the next level.