PDA

View Full Version : Eagles deserve belting

goswannie14
31st March 2007, 08:59 AM
According to Robert Walls. This might actually be the first time I agree with him.:eek:

Eagles deserve belting. (http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/eagles-deserve-belting/2007/03/30/1174761758630.html)

Legs Akimbo
31st March 2007, 09:01 AM
According to Robert Walls

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/eagles-deserve-belting/2007/03/30/1174761758630.html

Team Sydney AFL Police...@@@@ yeah!

timthefish
31st March 2007, 11:27 AM
i like the part in which walls talks about something he knows about

The bottom line is that "Spida" is one of the best tap ruckmen going around. And the big fellow suits Sydney's style because the Swans create more stoppages than any other team.

the rest is usual 'nanna' walls carping.

Pommie Swannie
31st March 2007, 11:40 AM
According to Robert Walls. This might actually be the first time I agree with him.:eek:

Eagles deserve belting. (http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/eagles-deserve-belting/2007/03/30/1174761758630.html)

Can't agree with his closing statement though :

"And as for the actual 2007 premiership cup, it already has lost its shine. It will be tarnished forever."

:confused:

goswannie14
31st March 2007, 11:46 AM
Can't agree with his closing statement though :

"And as for the actual 2007 premiership cup, it already has lost its shine. It will be tarnished forever."

:confused:
I assumed that was a typo, should have read 2006.

reigning premier
31st March 2007, 12:14 PM
meh.....

If it was anyone but Walls, I might give the article some credibility and believed any part of it....

This is the same guy that coached the lions all the way to the bottom of the ladder and then got punted. two years later, with the same list, Mathews coaches them to their first of three premierships... Yep... he's a real "?xpert" with wonderful insights.... bah...

The guy is an ass clown of the highest order and @@@@s me to tears...

But we'll smash ?m anyway.. lol.. :D

goswannie14
31st March 2007, 01:03 PM
meh.....

If it was anyone but Walls, I might give the article some credibility and believed any part of it....

This is the same guy that coached the lions all the way to the bottom of the ladder and then got punted. two years later, with the same list, Mathews coaches them to their first of three premierships... Yep... he's a real "ëxpert" with wonderful insights.... bah...

The guy is an ass clown of the highest order and @@@@s me to tears...

But we'll smash ém anyway.. lol.. :D
I have a friend who used to teach with him when he was a player, I think the word arrogant and twit were used to describe back then.

However, I think these paragraphs are right on the money, despite what I think of him

These Eagles are big fish in a very small pond in Perth. They are put on a pedestal because there's not much opposition. Plenty of international sportsmen and celebrities who come to Australia don't venture to the isolated Perth.

The best horse racing, car racing, golf, tennis, swimming, rugby and soccer is played on the eastern seaboard. It's no big deal to see world-class sporting stars on the streets of Melbourne and Sydney, but in Perth, the public goes troppo if a Cousins, Daniel Kerr, Chris Judd or Dean Cox is spotted.

In Sydney, it is the reverse, where stars such as Barry Hall, Brett Kirk and Peter Everitt revel in the anonymity of the biggest city in the country.

ROK Lobster
31st March 2007, 01:25 PM
I don't mind Walls, not in spite of the fact that he is a penishead, but beacuse he is a penishead. He must be the biggest bandwagon jumper of all time. He waits to see which way the tide of public opinion is going then tries to jump to the front of the line and proclaim himself to be the leader of that tide. He is a dope, and a tool, as was probably a poohouse coach, but he is entertaining.

Ruda Wakening
1st April 2007, 01:26 AM
Over the past couple of years, I have marvelled at a certain Eagles player who relished and thrived on the in-close bash-and-crash contests. It seemed he actually enjoyed being hit....

As opposed to Shane Strempel.

timthefish
1st April 2007, 01:41 AM
As opposed to Shane Strempel.

a most shameful event in afl history

573v30
1st April 2007, 01:54 AM
The only one who deserves a belting is Walls. Stupid bandwagoner.

R-1
1st April 2007, 03:05 AM
That was an awful article.