PDA

View Full Version : Give me a run down please

JudesaGun
2nd April 2007, 10:56 PM
I was away all weekend and missed the game on TV. I've read the papers, seen the result but I'd like for some supporters to just give me a snap shot of the game and why we lost.

Thanks

DeadlyAkkuret
2nd April 2007, 10:57 PM
Oh god, here we go lol.

nat
2nd April 2007, 10:59 PM
Well for starters, Jude wasn't a gun.

JudesaGun
2nd April 2007, 11:06 PM
He was when I registered.

nat
2nd April 2007, 11:08 PM
He was when I registered.

Yes, but we're talking Saturday night here..

JudesaGun
2nd April 2007, 11:09 PM
Yes, but we're talking Saturday night here..

Yes but you're talking about my username...

nat
2nd April 2007, 11:11 PM
Yes but you're talking about my username...

Yes, i know but i'm saying that Jude wasn't a gun on the night.. far from it, which is giving you a "snap shot of the game".

swantastic
2nd April 2007, 11:12 PM
IMO the majority of the team was crap except Teddy,Kennelly and Melceski.

nat
2nd April 2007, 11:12 PM
IMO the majority of the team was crap except Teddy,Kennelly and Melceski.

.. and Kirk, C. Bolton, Ablett..

JudesaGun
2nd April 2007, 11:13 PM
So how did we get within a point of the reining premiers in tradititionally our worst round of the year?

Mike_B
2nd April 2007, 11:28 PM
So how did we get within a point of the reining premiers in tradititionally our worst round of the year?
They were without about 6 of their best 22 and they stopped in the second half, but we'd given them a big enough start that they were able to hang on.

DST
2nd April 2007, 11:29 PM

It is not very often we go into our forward 50 more than 50 times in a game and lose, so very simply we played the game on the Eagles terms for most of the match.

They dropped numbers back and blocked up the space for Mikey O & Hall who found it difficult to get into the game and thus we were not able to take our chances when they came up.

If we go inside our forward 50 more than 50 times this week, we will win by more than 10 goals.

DST
:D

Sanecow
2nd April 2007, 11:34 PM
.. and Kirk, C. Bolton, Ablett..

Kirk and Ablett did nothing to really impress IMO.

liz
3rd April 2007, 12:29 AM
Kirk and Ablett did nothing to really impress IMO.

I thought Kirk was clearly the Swans' most productive, hard working and effective player.

Sanecow
3rd April 2007, 12:43 AM
I thought Kirk was clearly the Swans' most productive, hard working and effective player.

Too many clangers in a tight game - I can't find the stat online but that's what I remember.

ScottH
3rd April 2007, 07:32 AM
They were without about 6 of their best 22 and they stopped in the second half, but we'd given them a big enough start that they were able to hang on.
It was like the hare and the tortoise. But the hare hung on, for a victory, again.

As in the GF they ran themselves silly in the first half, allowing the swans to slowly peg away, at the near exhausted Eagles. The eagles 1 goal 6 behinds in the 2nd half, was just enough to hang on.