PDA

View Full Version : Organised chanting

i'm-uninformed2
3rd April 2007, 09:58 AM
WTF was it with that knob of a ground announcer trying to hustle supporters into organised chanting on Sat night. I think it was at either half of 3/4 time when I was coming back from the bar and a smoke and he tried to tell us "whether or not we win will depend on how loud you all shout" - or words to that effect.

Now there's a juvenile thought. Here's another that went through my head at that time.

"I'd like to take you outside, tie you to one of those polls celebrating Olympic volunteers, tell you a thousand bad knock knock jokes to mess with your head, club you a thousand times with a telephone book, steal your mobile phone and call your girlfriend and chat her up in front of you, realise I had made a mistake because a knob like you wouldn't have a girlfriend, light two cigarettes and stick them in your ears and watch them go on slow burn and by this time hopefully you'll be shouting too and I can say - there, shout for all of us."

Yes, my head is a fun place to be at times . . .

Wardy
3rd April 2007, 02:01 PM
yeah it was quite silly really - almost like a pantomime "he's behind you!!!"

Hey but that wasnt a patch on the fun police in our area who confiscated the sign having a dig at the eagles and the guy with the foam eski's with "ice" written on the lids. The actual Police there thought it was funny and didnt care - it was the security guards (and weren't there an abundance of those on the premises) who took it upon themselves to remove them.

Lucky Knickers
3rd April 2007, 02:04 PM
Wardy - that's tragic.

I personally can't stand that panasonic swan with the replay after each goal.

i'm-uninformed2
3rd April 2007, 02:13 PM
Wardy - that's tragic.

I personally can't stand that panasonic swan with the replay after each goal.

Oh yeah - I get really strong urges to take to that thing with a pickaxe.

stellation
3rd April 2007, 02:37 PM
There were a lot of kids at the game, most of them around me seemed to join in and were enjoying it.

i'm-uninformed2
3rd April 2007, 02:42 PM
There were a lot of kids at the game, most of them around me seemed to join in and were enjoying it.

I hate kids

stellation
3rd April 2007, 03:12 PM
I hate kids
They may very well hate you too.

i'm-uninformed2
3rd April 2007, 03:22 PM
They may very well hate you too.

Well, if they develop early character assessment skills, good on 'em

nat
3rd April 2007, 03:23 PM
Did anyone actually yell into their "megaphone"?

swansrock4eva
3rd April 2007, 04:26 PM
yeah it was quite silly really - almost like a pantomime "he's behind you!!!"

Hey but that wasnt a patch on the fun police in our area who confiscated the sign having a dig at the eagles and the guy with the foam eski's with "ice" written on the lids. The actual Police there thought it was funny and didnt care - it was the security guards (and weren't there an abundance of those on the premises) who took it upon themselves to remove them.
Security was very strange on Sat - long story but there was a punch up in the bay next to the CS at half time and a security guard stood and watched for over a minute like it was a game or something! He did absolutely nothing to step in despite being the nearest guard by a long way, and in the end bystanders had to get security from up near the entrance to the bay!

Claret
3rd April 2007, 04:40 PM
Security was very strange on Sat - long story but there was a punch up in the bay next to the CS at half time and a security guard stood and watched for over a minute like it was a game or something! He did absolutely nothing to step in despite being the nearest guard by a long way, and in the end bystanders had to get security from up near the entrance to the bay!

I saw that - right in front of us.

I'm glad that somebody has brought it up because that security guard did exactly as you said. Nothing.

If I was coaching the security guards and one of my guards did that then I'd be livid - when it was his time to go he didn't go.

Was a pretty big blue in the end. Will probably be the first and last time that a WC supporter has been cheered upon (re)entry into the Sydney Cheersquad area.

Sanecow
3rd April 2007, 05:05 PM
Oh, come on! :rolleyes:

Claret
3rd April 2007, 06:08 PM
Oh, come on! :rolleyes:

Did you see it?

Sanecow
3rd April 2007, 06:16 PM
Did you see it?

The "Oh, come on." was because someone deleted my post re: Ando.

Claret
3rd April 2007, 06:45 PM

Fair enough. Carry on.

robbieando
3rd April 2007, 08:20 PM

It was deleted for two reasons

a) I wasn't even at the match, so therefore I was not even in the state of New South Wales when the incident took place. The person who delete your post knew this.

b) the person who did delete it, did so because it was seen as a personal attack, because you have a history of making refences of this kind and the post certainly wasn't wasn't on topic.

Now before you claim I'm having a sook over your post, I haven't even been on these boards since Sunday Afternoon so the post was removed without me even having EVEN seen it so therefore DIDN'T ask for it to be removed. If you think you can relate every single fight or incident that happens at a Swans match back to me because of ONE time I got involved in a fight, your mistaken.

Yes, I'm passionate in my support of the Swans and yes I was involved in ONE fight at a Swans match. But without knowing the issues and factors involved your DON'T have the right to keep bringing this up. I'm not a person who goes looking for a fight and if I was such a person would I of been able since the fight in question would I of been able to of get work at the Victorian Department of Justice and the Australian Bureau of Statistics, no I wouldn't think so.

So Cow if you have any issues with me fine, I have no problems with that. But take them off the board and don't bring up issues that you don't have any clue as to what a) happened b) lead up to them and c) why I took the action I took.

NMWBloods
3rd April 2007, 08:35 PM
I think it was actually just meant to be a joke...

Ruda Wakening
3rd April 2007, 08:49 PM
I'm not a person who goes looking for a fight and if I was such a person would I of been able since the fight in question would I of been able to of get work at the Victorian Department of Justice...

Judge Robert Ando.

Ruda Wakening
3rd April 2007, 08:53 PM
WTF was it with that knob of a ground announcer trying to hustle supporters into organised chanting on Sat night. I think it was at either half of 3/4 time when I was coming back from the bar and a smoke and he tried to tell us "whether or not we win will depend on how loud you all shout" - or words to that effect.

Robert Walls told him Sydney supporters aren't real fans.

Being down on the boundary line, I watched the Eagles closely. They were tense, but in control. When they ran out, the Sydney fans tried their best to greet them with boos of disapproval. But on a scale of one to 10, the boo factor didn't get above five. Try as they may, the bulk of the Swans' supporters — which includes a greater ratio of women and children than anywhere else — go to the footy for a fun night out. They have yet to learn to loathe.

Sanecow
3rd April 2007, 08:59 PM
If you think you can relate every single fight or incident that happens at a Swans match back to me because of ONE time I got involved in a fight, your mistaken.

Actually that is what happens in my head. It was just a bit of a friendly dig. Settle, Petal.

Bindo
3rd April 2007, 09:50 PM
Getting back to the topic, as for that idiots who tried to start a mexican wave when the Swans started to fight back!!! Why don't they stick to cricket?

ROK Lobster
3rd April 2007, 09:51 PM
Getting back to the topic, as for that idiots who tried to start a mexican wave when the Swans started to fight back!!! Why don't they stick to cricket?The wave triggered the comeback. It's what real fans do.

Lucky Knickers
3rd April 2007, 10:15 PM
That was the WCE CS wasn't it?

nat
3rd April 2007, 10:52 PM
Lmao! Some of the stuff in this thread is priceless!

Bas
4th April 2007, 12:49 AM
Judge Robert Ando.

I love fishnet stockings on a judge. They just look so natural. Those hairy legs poking through the holes.....

Organised chanting: Hare Spida, Hare Spida. At least an excuse to use the drum.

ScottH
4th April 2007, 07:42 AM
That was the WCE CS wasn't it?No, he was just trying to attract the attention of the pie boy.

Wardy
4th April 2007, 08:27 AM
did anyone have their passes inspected entering the members reserve? ORB and I, who were basically the first into the ground, were asked by a security guard (small woman with glasses, hardly threatening) if our passes were memberships passes -we said "yes" we showed them to her, she said "are you members?" WFT cant she read! From what I understand the security company has changed at TS - they dont mind a good biffo amoungst the patrons it seems and will only respond if asked, but try and bring in props like a foam eski or a banner to stir the crap out of the opposition and you are in big trouble mister!:rolleyes:

stellation
4th April 2007, 08:32 AM
did anyone have their passes instpected entering the members reserve? ORB and I, who were basically the first into the ground, were asked by a security guard (small woman with glasses, hardly threatening) if our passes were memberships passes -we said "yes" we showed them to her, she said "are you members?" WFT cant she read! From what I understand the security company has changed at TS - they dont mind a good biffo amoungst the patrons it seems and will only respond if asked, but try and bring in props like a foam eski or a banner to stir the crap out of the opposition and you are in big trouble mister!:rolleyes:
In all fairness you are pretty dodgy characters and I feel better attending an event whre the likes of you two are questioned at the gates. :p

Wardy
4th April 2007, 08:35 AM
In all fairness you are pretty dodgy characters and I feel better attending an event whre the likes of you two are questioned at the gates. :p

God I hate it when you are right!!!:D

BLT
4th April 2007, 09:25 AM
Did anyone actually yell into their "megaphone"?

I did! I loved that crap thing....the megaphone chaffing around my lips after the game was proof positive of that