PDA

View Full Version : Tigers game RWO match report

liz
9th April 2007, 10:35 PM
Here (http://redandwhiteonline.com/content.php?id=922_0_2_0_C)

Zlatorog
9th April 2007, 11:47 PM
Bravo, liz, a very good report as usual.:)

NMWBloods
9th April 2007, 11:52 PM
Good report Liz - very astute observations.

S.U.D
10th April 2007, 01:28 AM
That's a great read. I might be imposing a bit here, but:

It would be great if you (or someone else) was able to upload those important bits of the game (such as the passage you described) onto youtube and post a link.

I miss watching my team :(

swantastic
10th April 2007, 11:53 AM
Melcho's best game by a mile for us he is a star in the making.Roo's/Hall are dickheads for making the decision to come back on the ground,IMO he should have stayed off and he should not play next week.

Carolyn
10th April 2007, 06:05 PM
Thanks Liz. :)

RogueSwan
10th April 2007, 08:11 PM
Great read Liz,

I thought you were going to fill the page with Spida! :p
Good to see Craig Bolton get the praise he deserved, I can't believe he has only missed one game since joining the swans.

Through the midfield, there looks to be a bit more work to do. Only Buchanan showed much spark, though the rest did their bit with chasing and tackling. Clean clearances were few and far between, and they were made to look slow by Richmond.

That is a bit of a worry isn't it, lack of leg speed.
If the bummers play as well as they did this weekend, we could be shown up in that department again.

goswannie14
10th April 2007, 08:16 PM
Great read Liz, your play of the day was an awesome piece of teamwork, both my Dad and I were on our feet cheering when Baz took that mark, and we just stood, continuing to cheer as he passed it off to Monty for the goal. It was almost as memorable as Micky O's goal in the QF last year.

liz
10th April 2007, 08:30 PM
That is a bit of a worry isn't it, lack of leg speed.
If the bummers play as well as they did this weekend, we could be shown up in that department again.

A bit. But a lot of speed happens in the head (and not just for the Eagles!!)

And if you watch the likes of Kerr and Judd at stoppages, what stands out is how they are always on the move. I realise they're not great examples because they're both very quick too, but they aren't necessarily moving that quickly all the time. Goodes is the best in the Swans centre group at being on the move and hence when we do get a clean, quick break, it is invariably through him.

One of the goals the Tigers got that cut the Swans midfield up was Foley's, towards the end of the third quarter - it was the first of the trio they got to close the gap. He was on the move at the bounce and just kept going. He's not a particularly quick player but by being on the move, he left everyone else in his wake.

That said, it would be nice to have a Stewie Maxfield or Paul Kelly type in the team, someone who can charge through the middle and just crash their way through traffic with a combination of pace and sheer strength.

swantastic
10th April 2007, 08:41 PM

And if you watch the likes of Kerr and Judd at stoppages, what stands out is how they are always on the move. I realise they're not great examples because they're both very quick too, but they aren't necessarily moving that quickly all the time. Goodes is the best in the Swans centre group at being on the move and hence when we do get a clean, quick break, it is invariably through him.

One of the goals the Tigers got that cut the Swans midfield up was Foley's, towards the end of the third quarter - it was the first of the trio they got to close the gap. He was on the move at the bounce and just kept going. He's not a particularly quick player but by being on the move, he left everyone else in his wake.

That said, it would be nice to have a Stewie Maxfield or Paul Kelly type in the team, someone who can charge through the middle and just crash their way through traffic with a combination of pace and sheer strength.Spot on Liz,you always have to be on your toes and on the move other wise you even get caught out by slowish midfielders.

TheHood
12th April 2007, 09:36 PM

BRILLIANT! :D

Speed can't be taught, it has to be swallowed! ;)