PDA

View Full Version : Blue v Bombers - game of the year?

cruiser
14th April 2007, 06:15 PM
What an amazing, brilliant, enthralling, exciting game of footy. A classic. The Blues comeback in teh 3rd quarter and Fevola's 8 (or 9?) goals after half time will be talked about for years. Last quarter had possibly mark and tackle of the year. Brilliant stuff!!:D

Damien
14th April 2007, 06:26 PM
That will teach me! 10 minutes before half time, I decided to have a lay down, only to wake up to a few text messages about how good the game was!

Zlatorog
14th April 2007, 06:26 PM
Why? Just because the Bombers were out of puff in the last quarter? It is too early to make any proclamations, besides, if the Bombers didn't miss that many opportunities in front of the goals, the outcome would have been very different.

nat
14th April 2007, 06:32 PM
I only saw a little bit of it but i was so glad Carlton won.

Industrial Fan
14th April 2007, 06:37 PM
Fev kicked 8, but O'Hailpin had to be near BOG - gave gaylloyd a hard time all day, and played off him with confidence. The goal where gaylloyd was own in the square was unlucky because he effected the spoil too...

I hope he gave lloyd the sparkle fingers after the siren...

I love watching the bombers lose. Even sweeter from a 48 point lead....

NMWBloods
14th April 2007, 06:54 PM
An enjoyable high-scoring game.

cruiser
14th April 2007, 06:59 PM
Why? Just because the Bombers were out of puff in the last quarter? It is too early to make any proclamations, besides, if the Bombers didn't miss that many opportunities in front of the goals, the outcome would have been very different. What? I need to further justify why I enjoyed the game? I didnt care about the final result (I hate Carlton), only how it got there.

ROK Lobster
14th April 2007, 07:48 PM
What? I need to further justify why I enjoyed the game? I didnt care about the final result (I hate Carlton), only how it got there.
I love a shoot out Cruiser. I nearly went out to do chores at half time but was glad I did not. I am not sure if it was the best footy we will see this season (in fact I think it was so good because the footy was not great) but as far as entertainment and spectacle go, it will take some beating. I wish that there were more games like that. Team should only get 2 points for a win if they score less than 100 points! (conditions permitting).

Glenn
14th April 2007, 07:54 PM
Hard to say who I hate the more, but a great game of Football in the end.
Just thinking Fev could of had 10+ goals if he had his kicking boots on early :eek:

humphrey bear
14th April 2007, 07:58 PM
Good to see a Sydney boy take Mark Of The Year.

swantastic
14th April 2007, 08:18 PM
Fev kicked 8, but O'Hailpin had to be near BOG - gave gaylloyd a hard time all day, and played off him with confidence. The goal where gaylloyd was own in the square was unlucky because he effected the spoil too...

I hope he gave lloyd the sparkle fingers after the siren...

I love watching the bombers lose. Even sweeter from a 48 point lead....O'Hailpin was @@@@ in the first 1/4 Lloyd was killing him,the irish boy looked like a fish out of water in the first.

Chow-Chicker
14th April 2007, 08:20 PM
A great game to watch. And McVeigh's mark was sensational! Was it a free kick under this years stupid interpretations though? Dumbass rule, seriously!

Glenn
14th April 2007, 08:22 PM
Looked a free if the refs are going to be serious about the hands in the back, but not paid.:confused:

NMWBloods
14th April 2007, 08:32 PM
Looked a free if the refs are going to be serious about the hands in the back, but not paid.:confused:Umps!

Glenn
14th April 2007, 09:54 PM
what i get for listening to the league and typing on here :o

Xie Shan
14th April 2007, 09:57 PM
There was a clever comment on BF about the difference between the Carlton/Essendon rivalry and our rivalry with West Coast.

With ours, the winner gets a flag. With theirs, the loser gets Bryce Gibbs!

It was a great game to watch, gotta love a shootout.

ScottH
14th April 2007, 10:11 PM
A great game to watch. And McVeigh's mark was sensational! Was it a free kick under this years stupid interpretations though? Dumbass rule, seriously!

The hands were in the back, so I reckon i should've been a free.

573v30
14th April 2007, 10:18 PM
The hands were in the back, so I reckon i should've been a free. It should've been a free kick against McVeigh, but that would've spoiled the mark. :D

ScottH
14th April 2007, 10:31 PM
It should've been a free kick against McVeigh, but that would've spoiled the mark. :D
Sure. It was a great mark. Thats where the HITB rule could ruin the game because of marks like that, which could be a free against instead.

ugg
14th April 2007, 11:36 PM
I was rooting for Carlton when Lloyd decided to get into Setanta's face after kicking an easy goal. Rode the Blues home, great victory in the end.

Chow-Chicker
15th April 2007, 01:46 AM
The hands were in the back, so I reckon i should've been a free.
Yes, and this is where the rule becomes farcical.....the umpires obviously realise that paying the free kick is detrimental to the mark. I don't blame the umpires, it's the rules committee that needs to be lined up and shot.

If the umpire paid the free kick - I reckon the stands would have been pulled down at the MCG. By not paying the free kick, we are seeing an uproar about why some are paid and why some are not.

We saw a tiggy touchwood free paid to Lovett, but McVeigh's was allowed. You can't have this happening in the one game. Scrap the bloody thing altogether FFS.