PDA

View Full Version : Jude - you are forgiven

Nico
15th April 2007, 04:52 PM
Let me be the first to say well done to Jude Bolton on an outstanding last quarter. You have redeemed yourself in my eyes and hopefully that of most of your early season detractors.

Well done.

NMWBloods
15th April 2007, 04:59 PM
Yep - really stepped up in the last quarter. Let's hope he can bring that into regular four-quarter games for the rest of the year.

ScottH
15th April 2007, 05:01 PM
The last 2 years he has started really well in the first 1/3 of the season, then faded after that, lets hope he can keep it going for a whole year!!

ROK Lobster
15th April 2007, 05:15 PM
Let me be the first to say well done to Jude Bolton on an outstanding last quarter. You have redeemed yourself in my eyes and hopefully that of most of your early season detractors.

Well done.
Let's not get carried away ;)

Jeffers1984
15th April 2007, 06:19 PM
He surely delivered in that 4th quarter when it was there to be won!

Cause at about 3 quarter time i was about to neck him.

Well done Jude now PLEASE continue the great form into the next game.

hammo
15th April 2007, 06:19 PM
Shame about his first 3 quarters but yes he did step up.

Glenn
15th April 2007, 06:40 PM
Well considering he wasn't sighted for the first 3 Quarters, obviously plenty of energy left for the final quarter ;)
Credit where credit is due stepped up in the last quarter, now to di it for the whole game.

Nico
15th April 2007, 07:37 PM
Let's not get carried away ;)

Credit where due, but others are right he only decided to turn up once again, at 3Q time.

With the obvious small man talent we have in the 2's he will have to keep producing you would expect. Dont think on his game today that Schmidt will be dropped too soon.

Margie
15th April 2007, 07:40 PM
Schmidt will get better as he gets more games under his belt. A couple of times he looked a little uncertain re disposal (and he's not alone there!), but he's got the makings of a good player.

TheMase
15th April 2007, 07:43 PM
Did you hear the commentators call J.Bolton a legend of the game? (or something along those lines) I couldn't believe my ears...

liz
15th April 2007, 07:46 PM
With the obvious small man talent we have in the 2's he will have to keep producing you would expect. Dont think on his game today that Schmidt will be dropped too soon.

Roos will bring Crouch back into the senior team as soon as he's ready - maybe even next weekend against the Crows. Agree that Schmidt would be stiff to make way after today's game, so who else will make way? I suspect McVeigh's immediate spot may be in a little trouble, unless they decide on a change of balance and give Grundy the chance to find a little touch in the twos (which I reckon they should have done anyway).

TheMase
15th April 2007, 07:53 PM
Dempster spent the second half of the game with Ice below his knee. He may well be in doubt.

swantastic
15th April 2007, 08:19 PM
He's still a hack.

Blood Oath
15th April 2007, 08:21 PM
Saw Crouchy on tele today, said he played 70% of the game and felt good to have a run on the SCG again.
Best comment I have ever heard about J.Bolton by Dwayne Russel today "Plays like Tarzan and looks like Jane".

Triple B
15th April 2007, 08:31 PM
Saw Crouchy on tele today, said he played 70% of the game and felt good to have a run on the SCG again.
Best comment I have ever heard about J.Bolton by Dwayne Russel today "Plays like Tarzan and looks like Jane".

The group I have sat with for the last 25 years called Craig Nettlebeck 'Jane' for years.

'Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane'

Never has there been a nickname as apt. :p

ugg
15th April 2007, 08:39 PM
The problem is that the ressies have a bye, yes another one, next week. So Crouch may come straight into the team for Adelaide.

Yes, super last quarter by Jude. Now please go learn how to kick properly. ;)

eggbeater
15th April 2007, 08:51 PM
lol at commentators saying something along the lines that the only disadvantage j.bolton has under the contest was his good looks.

Alibi Monday
15th April 2007, 10:15 PM
He's not in the clear yet in my books, but a tremendous improvement (it was needed). Both his last quarter this week and last week is where Jude needs to be to fulfill his promise. Suppposedly Kirk lit a cracker in the 3rd Quarter huddle explaining that the boys MUST lift for MOL. I hope he doesn't need to be continually told to play better to in fact 'play better' - he's a leader himself for christ's sake.

Also we should mention that the much maligned Ben Mathews was very good also today taking the dangerous Luke Power out of the game. I thought better this week than last.

All good news.

Glenn
15th April 2007, 10:20 PM
Indeed Ben Matthews deserves some wraps for the tagging job on Powers, and actually was accurate with his goal kicking :eek: ;)

goswannie14
15th April 2007, 10:27 PM
He's not in the clear yet in my books, but a tremendous improvement (it was needed). Both his last quarter this week and last week is where Jude needs to be to fulfill his promise. Suppposedly Kirk lit a cracker in the 3rd Quarter huddle explaining that the boys MUST lift for MOL. I hope he doesn't need to be continually told to play better to in fact 'play better' - he's a leader himself for christ's sake.

Also we should mention that the much maligned Ben Mathews was very good also today taking the dangerous Luke Power out of the game. I thought better this week than last.

All good news.I'm with you, Jude needs to be doing these last qrtr efforts all game consistently.

I also thought Mathews was almost back to his best. At his best he is a great contributor to the side, off his game...he is horrible to watch.

sWAns63
16th April 2007, 01:59 AM
That was a great final quarter wwe looked close to our best in that final term
Next week will be tougher though I don't think we should bring back Crouch this week 1 week of reserves isn't enough, you need match hardened players for the Crows at AAMI
Grundy out Davis in
Demspter out Phillips or Laidlaw in

woo
16th April 2007, 10:55 AM
I will quote myself at the beggining of the third quarter "Jude is playing like @@@@e today, get him off"

so straight after I said that the guys does something fantastic...love being proved wrong sometimes

Zlatorog
16th April 2007, 11:30 AM
No accolades from me at this point. I would like to see more consistency from him in future rounds. Let's see how he does against the Crows.

revolsnaws
16th April 2007, 11:47 AM
One quarter the man maketh not,but it seems one quarter maketh the swannies winners,ALOT!.....HALLELUJAH!!!!! Just wish it wasn't always the last one.:o or :D.The Sydney fans dilemma

Gary
16th April 2007, 01:52 PM
Re Jude "The Legend"...I heard that too. Pretty sure it was Duane Russell who said it - no idea what constitutes a legend...unless we gernerously apply it to whoever played in 2005 GF.. With all due respects, not an accurate assessment. At least he wasn't teamed with Shaw as in the Richmond game.
Dempster injury doesn't worry me much...he is still straight ahead only, with only long kick to recommend. A good chance to have a look at someone.
Anyone still voting for Grundy to be given more chances?

Justice
16th April 2007, 03:12 PM
...Jude. Now please go learn how to kick properly. ;)

For those of you who have the Record from yesterday, have a look at the statistics for disposal efficiency from Round 1, 2005 listed for all Sydney players. Jude Bolton has a total disposal efficiency (by hand and foot) of less than 70%.

Of the players still on Sydney's list, only Simon Phillips (5 games) and Stephen Doyle (7 games) have worse!

1 out of every 3 disposals being wasted or resulting in a turnover is what really, really frustrates me about him.

Cheers

Justice

NMWBloods
16th April 2007, 03:14 PM
His disposal has always been mediocre.