PDA

View Full Version : "I Believe" - Crows Match Preview.

ScottH
20th April 2007, 08:37 AM
A good read from our latest talented writer.

I Believe" (http://redandwhiteonline.com/content.php?id=939_0_2_0_C)

Great work, Alison. Let's hope your prediction holds true.

liz
20th April 2007, 09:26 AM
Nice one Alison.

Curtailing McLeod is definitely going to be important. I wonder if Roos might throw the job to the Schneiderman. He just about has the pace, and an advantage he has over Crouch is that he is more capable of hurting the Crows the other way if McLeod doesn't pay him enough respect.

As to the result, I almost don't mind if the Swans don't win this one so long as they aren't made to look stupid. Apart from the close game at AAMI in 2005, which the Swans should have won - and would have won had they kicked straighter for goal - it is not just the difficulty in beating Adelaide that is galling, it is that they so often make us look like a second rate team. And we know the Swans are anything but a second rate team.

NMWBloods
20th April 2007, 04:31 PM
Good work Alison.

It's interesting that we play some of our worst football against Adelaide, as Liz noted above.
It may be a result of the unrelenting pressure from the Crows. The Swans are a team that thrive on the close-in, high pressure game, but mainly because they are normally the ones applying it. When the roles are reversed they can struggle and if the opposition can apply it for a full game, as Adelaide can, things can be difficult.

I like the idea of O'Keefe on McLeod. Can't match him for pace, but certainly can for endurance, plus will make McLeod accountable. Of course, if the Crows are sensible they will try to put McLeod on someone else.

Given Adelaide's extensive injury list we should be able to win this. However, I've not seen much of Adelaide at all this year, so I don't really have a feel as to how they're travelling.

Margie
20th April 2007, 05:21 PM
Good job Alison.

I watched the Crows against Port Adelaide and they looked in good form. McLeod is certainly a danger man, but also their forwards are taking strong marks. Even before Neil Craig (when Adelaide played a faster running game) we had trouble beating them. They will doubtless try to play us at our own game, but let's hope we can counteract that through players like Fosdike, Kennelly and Goodes.

No reason why we can't win (if we kick straight).

Frog
20th April 2007, 05:27 PM
Well done Alison! More to come I hope ... :D

Their injury list has me a bit worried that we might underestimate them and find the replacement young guns, out to make a name for themselves, will actually steamroll us ... How often have we seen that happen with injury depleted sides?

On the other hand, seeing Spida's dominance in the Richmond game and Jolly hitting his straps last week, I am hoping for a BOG from either of these two and get the points over the Crows.

Damien
20th April 2007, 05:45 PM
Great job Alison, really enjoyed the read.

Hope your prediction comes true :) I think Spida/Jolly - and of course how we read them, will be the key.

alison.z
20th April 2007, 05:47 PM
thanks guys ... it took a while but was a lot more enjoyable to write than the essay and assignment i am putting off.

ScottH
20th April 2007, 09:39 PM
thanks guys ... it took a while but was a lot more enjoyable to write than the essay and assignment i am putting off.It's excellent work alison, I don't think many kids your age could write a preview like that.

As shown, in your report the uncertainty of who will go on who, is probably the one big key to winning the game. Even with some of the better crows not playing, they will still be hard to beat at home. Goodwin has been playing to his normal standard either, so the chances of him having a standout game are pretty high.

The ruck duels should be pivotal. I wonder if our midfielders have learnt to read spidas taps yet. Also Kirk will fire them up for Leos big day. (we hope).

DeadlyAkkuret
20th April 2007, 10:57 PM
Great preview alison, very articulate and you made some very good points. You also tipped Sydney by the same margin as i did, so i'm hoping that's a good sign;)

Carolyn
20th April 2007, 11:50 PM
Great work, Alison! Hope it's the start of many more to come.:)

goswannie14
21st April 2007, 08:58 AM
Good work Alsion, but I'm concerned that this might go the way of the other Crows games. :o I hope your predictions are right.

Tuco
21st April 2007, 09:57 AM
Excellent review Allison. I'm gonna have to make your reviews a regular stop during my weekly worries about where my Swannies are going this year.

I hope you haven't bitten off more than you can chew. I reckon more work went into that than into most media articles on the Swans :D