PDA

View Full Version : Luke Vogels and Jarred Moore to Melbourne

smasher
4th May 2007, 06:08 PM
Vogels and Moore have not been named in the two's and I am told they are both travelling to Melbourne as emergencies.

satchmopugdog
4th May 2007, 06:41 PM
My lovechild, Matthew Laidlaw has seen a chance pass him by methinks.

sWAns63
4th May 2007, 07:01 PM
I thought with Kenelley out Laidlaw was a shoe-in he might have to change clubs I hear Brisbane are after him.

DST
4th May 2007, 08:23 PM
I thought with Kenelley out Laidlaw was a shoe-in he might have to change clubs I hear Brisbane are after him.

Laidlaw has been with us for less than two years and will play a senior game before the end of the year. So why we would he want to go elsewhere?

I saw plenty of him at under age level as he played footy for Carey with my nephew and while he has what it takes to play league footy now (skill, pace and size) he has a tendancy to wander in and out of games easily.

I don't get to see reserves games (being in Melbourne) but the wrap from Alison early this year is that he still needs to work on this.

Physically Jack is not alot different to Laidlaw, so the club has obivisouly decided that if they are going to get a run with role on the likes of Wells then Jack will be able to do this better at this point in time.

DST
:D

sWAns63
4th May 2007, 08:58 PM
Laidlaw was drafted 2005
He didn't even get get on the emergencies list this week with all the injury problems his chance looks to of come & gone

hammo
5th May 2007, 04:06 AM
Laidlaw was drafted 2005
He didn't even get get on the emergencies list this week with all the injury problems his chance looks to of come & gone

I don't necessarily agree, Laidlaw's chance will come. Personally I feel he's been hard done by this week. As I've explained in another thread, both Moore and Laidlaw should be ahead of Jack. Liz's theory on selection seems close enough... but I reckon the more talented Swans are being left out of the team this week.

liz
5th May 2007, 04:36 AM
I don't necessarily agree, Laidlaw's chance will come.

Of course it will come, so long as he keeps putting in the performances in the twos.

sWAns63's suggestion that his chance has come and gone is daft. He's barely into his second year on the list, after coming to the club with little TAC Cup footy to his name and some question marks over his endurance.

Schmidt had to wait until his third year was nearly over before he first got a look in and he was far more highly credentialled as a junior than Laidlaw.

Laidlaw looks to have all the attributes and I don't think he'll have to wait very much longer.

ROK Lobster
5th May 2007, 09:40 AM
... but I reckon the more talented Swans are being left out of the team this week.
And that surprises you? We're blue collar Cortinas mate. There is no young talent on display here. Jack has been picked to tackle. He will be given a player and told that every time that player gets the ball, to tackle him. He will be told that everythime he gets the ball, to make sure he gets tackled.

NMWBloods
5th May 2007, 11:17 AM
And that surprises you? We're blue collar Cortinas mate. There is no young talent on display here. Jack has been picked to tackle. He will be given a player and told that every time that player gets the ball, to tackle him. He will be told that everythime he gets the ball, to make sure he gets tackled.
I'd laugh if that didn't make me cry!

dimelb
5th May 2007, 12:04 PM
Vogels and Moore have not been named in the two's and I am told they are both travelling to Melbourne as emergencies.
Good. Time we saw moore of them.