PDA

View Full Version : If the Swans react

liz
6th May 2007, 09:05 PM
to their "shock" loss by the Kangas like Geelong did today, we'll all be smiling pretty well this time next week (she says hopefully).

Maybe the Roos can be the team to kick start our boys into serious four quarter efforts. The Saints have mostly been good and ordinary on alternate weekends and they were good this week.

They're not a team likely to run the Swans off their legs with pure speed so it is a real opportunity to remind themselves that they can play for four hard quarters, not just two and a bit.

swansrule100
6th May 2007, 09:35 PM
would be awesome, i cant see it happening, the sad part is we are capable of it.

Jeffers1984
6th May 2007, 09:39 PM
Not with this current game plan. But i reckon they will grind it out for a "gutsy" win.

NMWBloods
6th May 2007, 09:41 PM
It's possible. Our loss to Richmond in 2005 spurred us on for the rest of the season. Massive improvement needed though.

BBBBH
6th May 2007, 10:11 PM
damn, we lack depth seriously...

goswannie14
6th May 2007, 10:13 PM
Brisbanes loss to them 2 weeks ago has also had a postive effect on the Lions.

Claret
7th May 2007, 10:16 AM
The Kangas have shown the way when it comes to hard-ball-gets and contested possessions (before Saturday they were 1st and 2nd in those catagories respectively).

Perhaps the Lions, Cats, and hopefully Swans have learnt what is required.

cruiser
7th May 2007, 02:34 PM
to their "shock" loss by the Kangas like Geelong did today, we'll all be smiling pretty well this time next week (she says hopefully).

Maybe the Roos can be the team to kick start our boys into serious four quarter efforts. The Saints have mostly been good and ordinary on alternate weekends and they were good this week.

They're not a team likely to run the Swans off their legs with pure speed so it is a real opportunity to remind themselves that they can play for four hard quarters, not just two and a bit. The first half of Saturday's game against the Roos reminded me of that awful game against St Kilda at Telstra Dome in 2005. That was a turning point in our season that year (was round 10). I'm hoping for the same after the game against the Roos. We have three potentially difficult games coming up and could lose all of them if we don't improve our first half performance.

Go Swannies
7th May 2007, 03:07 PM
The first half of Saturday's game against the Roos reminded me of that awful game against St Kilda at Telstra Dome in 2005. That was a turning point in our season that year (was round 10). I'm hoping for the same after the game against the Roos. We have three potentially difficult games coming up and could lose all of them if we don't improve our first half performance.

I hope you are quoting from this morning's team meeting.

top40
7th May 2007, 03:38 PM
There is no doubt that in recent weeks teams have sparkled the week after battling with the Kangaroos.

Firstly there was Hawthorn. The week after playing the Kangaroos, they had a spectacular upset win over the Cats in Tasmania.

Next, Brisbane, the week after a shock loss to the Kangaroos in Queensland, they kicked 21 goals in a great win against Carlton in an away game in Victoria.

Finally, with Geelong licking their wounds from a defeat to the Kangaroos, they come back the very next week to kick a near record 35 goals (!) against Richmond.

My theory is that the Kangaroos play the type of game that can lift their opponents to a new level the next week. Gee I hope I am right with the Swans next Saturday!

barry
7th May 2007, 03:50 PM
The Kangaroos play footy the way you play footy if you want to win games.

Every team should be copying them at the moment.

swan_song
7th May 2007, 06:12 PM
Every team should be copying them at the moment.

Yep, why don't we? It's not like its the first time its happened this year...you could say we've given each of our losses a half-game start...the druggies, crows and now the homeless.