PDA

View Full Version : RSS: Saints beat us at our own game: Davis

ScottH
14th May 2007, 02:31 AM
Nick Davis has praised the Saints' improved discipline under new coach Ross Lyon.

More... (http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/Default.aspx?tabid=7106&newsId=43114)

(This post was automatically generated from news items on www.sydneyswans.com.au )

liz
14th May 2007, 03:17 AM
Oh goody. My two favourite things. A Nick-Davis-talks-to-the-media and a "we will redeem ourselves" article all rolled into one.:rolleyes:

ROK Lobster
14th May 2007, 08:13 AM
Oh goody. My two favourite things. A Nick-Davis-talks-to-the-media and a "we will redeem ourselves" article all rolled into one.:rolleyes:

We really should keep track of the order in which the Swans players speak to the media, see if we can unlock the pattern.

Wardy
14th May 2007, 09:03 AM
We really should keep track of the order in which the Swans players speak to the media, see if we can unlock the pattern.

whats the betting that Davo will get suspended again - for telling the truth.

nat
14th May 2007, 10:50 AM
Here's more from Leo.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,21724203-23211,00.html

NMWBloods
14th May 2007, 11:11 AM
Then ye shall unlock the... BLOODS CODE!!

hammo
14th May 2007, 11:17 AM
And this from Roos in the SMH.

"But, at this stage, I don't think that's the case. There is a certain amount of credits in the bank with what we have been able to do and they've always been able to respond [in the past]. But at some point you do have to make changes and you've got to be aware that at some point some players might struggle and other players might come over the top of them."

http://realfooty.com.au/news/news/show-me-you-still-care-says-roos/2007/05/13/1178994999296.html

NMWBloods
14th May 2007, 11:25 AM
And this comment - "What I'm saying is we might make a change this week, I'm not sure" = 'I have no idea what to do next'!!

Or comments from L Barry - "The pressure is on us again, but hopefully we turn up to play next week." - 'hopefully'???

"Gone are the days where you keep continually playing blokes, and something we have always shown is if someone is struggling with form it might be best for the team to go back into reserves.
"But there won't be any major changes, and it's certainly not panic stations in regards to selection"
= 'We talk about it, but we don't make changes and let our mates continue to play even though they're underperforming'.

ScottH
14th May 2007, 11:40 AM
We are now officially the hunted. A prize scalp for any team.

The 4 teams that have beaten us have literally "run" away with the game.

barry
14th May 2007, 12:59 PM
And this comment - "What I'm saying is we might make a change this week, I'm not sure" = 'I have no idea what to do next'!!

What it means is "I'll only make a change if have someone from the 2's who has played a lot of senior footy during my glory years of 05/06".

ie. No change until Dempster or Kennelly get back.

Roos statements really reinforce what we've been seeing for a while. He'd rather play out of form "seniors" than try to inject new blood. This easy ride that the seniors get means they never have to fight for their place in the team, which can only breed complacency.

NMWBloods
14th May 2007, 01:13 PM
Which worked well when they had something to play for. However, it remains to be seen if it will now.

hammo
14th May 2007, 02:19 PM

Or comments from L Barry - "The pressure is on us again, but hopefully we turn up to play next week." - 'hopefully'???

"Gone are the days where you keep continually playing blokes, and something we have always shown is if someone is struggling with form it might be best for the team to go back into reserves.
"But there won't be any major changes, and it's certainly not panic stations in regards to selection"
= 'We talk about it, but we don't make changes and let our mates continue to play even though they're underperforming'.
It's interesting that Leo Barry is openly talking about team selection. I am not aware of many other clubs where a captain has talked about team changes, sending players back to reserves etc.

Is this iron-clad proof that the leadership groups holds sway at the selection table?

Wardy
14th May 2007, 03:52 PM
It's interesting that Leo Barry is openly talking about team selection. I am not aware of many other clubs where a captain has talked about team changes, sending players back to reserves etc.

Is this iron-clad proof that the leadership groups holds sway at the selection table?

They seem to - the only Leadership Group member to have gone back to reserves was Matthews - to me it was a token sending because he was back within a few weeks, remains to be seen what decisions are made this week.