PDA

View Full Version : Roos New Lovechild

smasher
14th May 2007, 07:37 AM
How evident is it that Roosy has a special place in his heart for Keiran Jack.The kid gets alot of gametime compared to what other newbies have had.He has alot of pace and isn't afraid to get involved.I think he needs a good pre season to fill out.Roosy gave him a mention after the Saints game as well as the kangas and I don't really think it was deserved.Is it just me or is Roosy "looking after him?"

ROK Lobster
14th May 2007, 08:12 AM
Roos wants Gary Jack's autograph.

goswannie14
14th May 2007, 09:30 AM
He did a couple of good things o Saturday night. At one stage he dived full length to keep the ball in (in front of a saint about to grab the ball and take off with it) picked it up and gave it off to a team-mate. Great football, showed more endeavour than the majority of the team on the night.

hammo
14th May 2007, 10:21 AM
He did a couple of good things o Saturday night. At one stage he dived full length to keep the ball in (in front of a saint about to grab the ball and take off with it) picked it up and gave it off to a team-mate. Great football, showed more endeavour than the majority of the team on the night.
I agree, but I think Schmidt would have offered more on the night overall.

Doctor J.
14th May 2007, 10:47 AM
How evident is it that Roosy has a special place in his heart for Keiran Jack.The kid gets alot of gametime compared to what other newbies have had.He has alot of pace and isn't afraid to get involved.I think he needs a good pre season to fill out.Roosy gave him a mention after the Saints game as well as the kangas and I don't really think it was deserved.Is it just me or is Roosy "looking after him?"

Damned if he does, Damned if he doesn't.

There is just no pleasing some people is there

Guzzitza
14th May 2007, 11:21 AM
dont worry about jack, i mean you have to give the kid some game time. I'd be more worried about Roos first love interest... BEVAN.

If you want to whinge about a guy getting game time he shouldnt, hes prime example no 1.

j s
14th May 2007, 02:51 PM
Kieren Jack - 2007 Norm Smith medallist - on a winning team! :)

Jewels
14th May 2007, 03:09 PM
dont worry about jack, i mean you have to give the kid some game time. I'd be more worried about Roos first love interest... BEVAN.

If you want to whinge about a guy getting game time he shouldnt, hes prime example no 1.

Here, here! If Jacks play and game time was our biggest problem on Saturday night we'd be laughing. I would take what Jack gave us way ahead of what quite a few others dished out.
Bevan and McVeigh are a disgrace. Neither of them seem to have any clue or ability. Bolten and Crouch are so far out of form it's sad but at least Crouch has an excuse.

sWAns63
14th May 2007, 04:04 PM
Here, here! If Jacks play and game time was our biggest problem on Saturday night we'd be laughing. I would take what Jack gave us way ahead of what quite a few others dished out.
Bevan and McVeigh are a disgrace. Neither of them seem to have any clue or ability. Bolten and Crouch are so far out of form it's sad but at least Crouch has an excuse.Don't forget Mathews he's the worst of them

bandwagon
14th May 2007, 08:29 PM
I actually think Mathews has been playing ok, given his limitations. I also think Jack has been doing fine in his first couple of games.

Carolyn
14th May 2007, 08:43 PM
Hardly saw Mathews in the Saints game, but I guess that's better than seeing him kick the ball to the opposition.

Danzar
14th May 2007, 11:14 PM
He's played two games!

We have two key defenders out.

When Roos plays a rookie for the first time, they usually get a couple of games.

What's with the posts of late? As Scott implied, if we lose again next week I reckon I'm going to have to wear steel panties just to get through the threads.

Rod_
15th May 2007, 07:20 PM
Prediction

Keiran Jack to wear no 14 in 2008.

Love child status, has a real go (although he need some time to prove his durability) and its time to bring back the number 14.

Rod_

:rolleyes:

:)

Yakety_Yak
15th May 2007, 07:57 PM
Mod edit : Violation of rules 2 and 3 of the RWO Rules

Glenn
15th May 2007, 08:22 PM
People are critical of not bringing in new blood, and when new blood does come in others are critical of the coach having "favourites" damned if you, damned if you don't.
A hypothetical, as most on here would agree new blood is needed in the seniors who do you bring in from the 2's and who gets dropped.

Yakety_Yak
15th May 2007, 09:45 PM
It wasn't that offensive actually, but I'm new!;)
Apologies to wilting lilies and those that sit upon them

K Jack has a window of opportunity afforded by LRT previously being placed on long term injury list which will disappear once recalled, and there are rules preventing rookies playing in later rounds

No "love child" favourites:rolleyes: just 'political' and some footy sense..

Go on ....!

CureTheSane
16th May 2007, 12:45 PM
People are critical of not bringing in new blood, and when new blood does come in others are critical of the coach having "favourites" damned if you, damned if you don't.

Yep

Nico
16th May 2007, 08:20 PM

Simply Roosey justifying his selection and promotion.

Drop him back to the Rookie list as soon as LRT is right. Send him back to Canberra right now.

Nico
16th May 2007, 08:24 PM
Bevan and McVeigh are a disgrace. Neither of them seem to have any clue or ability. Bolten and Crouch are so far out of form it's sad but at least Crouch has an excuse.

No excuse for Crouch. He had bugger all pre season and he gets a game. If he was a team man he wouldn't be out there. Has he played 200 yet? If not will he retire after 200?

TheHood
16th May 2007, 09:46 PM
Prediction

Keiran Jack to wear no 14 in 2008.

Love child status, has a real go (although he need some time to prove his durability) and its time to bring back the number 14.

Rod_

:rolleyes:

:)

I have no problem with that. If Keiran is driven to success, he should get it the 14. I like is endeavour.