PDA

View Full Version : We need a scapegoat

ROK Lobster
15th May 2007, 11:27 PM
Nothing like the creation of an "other" to bring a group together. Who is Roos going to throw to the lions this year? With Dempster and Kennelly on the side lines almost ready to return, Benny seems a likely candidate, but being part of the leadership group probably means that he is too popular and his sacrifice might upset the others, rather than unite them against him. My money is on Davo again. A poor game from Davo (camped in the goal square this week) and he will be dropped and, if not encouraged to speak to the media, not disauded from doing so. I also think he is probably silly enough to walk straight into it again. The other likely candidate is Jolly. The Donk seems to be nearing fitness and surely there is still some resentment amongst the lads over last year's grand final. If we lose on Sunday expect Jolly or Davis to be dropped next week - not for poor form, but for breaches of the players' code. Expect some media frenzy, some parrying, and then expect a united force to emerge from the bowls of the Brewongle, to train as a single machine, united in the spirit of the bloods.

swannieserin
15th May 2007, 11:44 PM
sounds like a distinct possibility. at least if it is davis we can recycle the banners and tshirts from last year. our "Benny for Reserves Captain" campaign might have to go onto the backburner for the "Davo is a Scapegoat" campaign.

Lucky Knickers
15th May 2007, 11:57 PM
Better the bowls of the Brewongle.... easier on the nose.
I'd like to see Spida let fly about how pissed he is about coming to Sydney on a premiership promise only to be served up that pap we've provided in the last few weeks.

Wardy
16th May 2007, 08:26 AM
sounds like a distinct possibility. at least if it is davis we can recycle the banners and tshirts from last year. our "Benny for Reserves Captain" campaign might have to go onto the backburner for the "Davo is a Scapegoat" campaign.
oooh I'd like one of those "Benny" shirts - I would wear it with pride and conviction!;)

Mr_Juicy
16th May 2007, 10:27 AM
God there are some cynics here :D

And what did actually happen to Lady Di?

Wardy
16th May 2007, 10:32 AM
sorry - we all have to be deadly serious and not show any forms of sarcasm - geez the fun police are out!

Mr_Juicy
16th May 2007, 11:01 AM
sorry - we all have to be deadly serious and not show any forms of sarcasm - geez the fun police are out!This is a smiley... :rolleyes: It portrays the feelings of a poster when they post.

AussieAnge
16th May 2007, 05:26 PM
God there are some cynics here :D

And what did actually happen to Lady Di?

I believe she was involved in a car crash (not convinced she was a lady though)

Blood Oath
16th May 2007, 07:02 PM
Personally, I am hoping for Andy D to call us Ugly! Rather than making a sacrifice to the "others", we can rally against the evil forces united and then play pretty football to prove that we aren't ugly at all. I have a sense of deja vu myself.

liz
16th May 2007, 07:32 PM
Personally, I am hoping for Andy D to call us Ugly! Rather than making a sacrifice to the "others", we can rally against the evil forces united and then play pretty football to prove that we aren't ugly at all. I have a sense of deja vu myself.

Nah, been there, done that. We should be aiming higher - John Howard maybe?:D

Legs Akimbo
16th May 2007, 07:55 PM
Nah, been there, done that. We should be aiming higher - John Howard maybe?:D

I thought you said higher

liz
16th May 2007, 10:14 PM
I thought you said higher

Anyone - or should that be anything? - is higher than Andy D. Other than maybe his sidekick Aidy.

goswannie14
17th May 2007, 07:44 AM
Can a cow be a scape goat. Seeing as he's not here, he would be perfect for the job.:p