PDA

View Full Version : Everitt - Lift your game onballers!

Matt79
16th May 2007, 07:10 PM
http://www.smh.com.au/news/Sport/Senior-Swans-lacking-consistency-Spida/2007/05/16/1178995227073.html

Yep, the onballers need to lift their game!!

Everitt says the club's woes stem from failures of onballers, and a massive gap between consistent and inconsistent players - many within the senior ranks.

"Most of our onballers are probably the main non-consistent players for the year, unfortunately it's probably the part that's let us down the most," he said.

Blood Oath
16th May 2007, 07:28 PM
My mate who is a Saints supporter laghed at me last nite when i was talking of our ills, he blames it all on the Big Spida! The theory goes that the year he was out the Aints made the granny, just after he left they started playing finals, he went to the Hawks after they had been playing finals - once he got there they stopped, now that he has left look at the old poo & wee stripes now!!! Just his theory, I hope it is wrong!!!

hammo
16th May 2007, 07:50 PM
"My experience, unfortunately, when we stayed in these slumps we pretty much stayed in them, we never got out of them, so (my advice) wouldn't be too valuable to a lot of people," he said. :eek:

But at least he's maintained his sense of humour:

"There's just too few guys playing good football, good consistent football, look at Ryan O'Keefe, I suppose Ben Mathews, Leo Barry and Craig Bolton are probably our four best players and probably Kirky (Brett Kirk).

ScottH
16th May 2007, 08:00 PM
Peter Everitt says he and his midfield mates need to improve

More... (http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/Default.aspx?tabid=7106&newsId=43297)

(This post was automatically generated from news items on www.sydneyswans.com.au )

nat
16th May 2007, 08:00 PM
Hm..

"Then there's maybe eight to 10 who have been so inconsistent this year, it puts us all in a dangerous position."

Why doesn't he just go straight ahead and name these 8-10 players?

He annoys me.

ScottH
16th May 2007, 08:26 PM
He was on Ch10 news saying the same thing. Also mentioned that he was one of the the seniors that needed to lift.

Matt79
16th May 2007, 08:45 PM
Hm..
Why doesn't he just go straight ahead and name these 8-10 players?
He annoys me.

To be fair to Spider, if Roos or Hall don't name them then it would not go down too well if he decided to name the players himself. Not his role.

Nico
16th May 2007, 09:37 PM
Dont have to be Einstein to work out who they are. Jolly dominated the centre bounce ruckwork yet the saints players were always first to the footy.

Montagna was on Bolton at many centre bounces and he beat him to it everytime. It didn't matter what direction it went they got it. The only exception was in the first few minutes when Jolly went the big punch, but strangely that stopped.

TheHood
16th May 2007, 09:42 PM
To be fair to Spider, if Roos or Hall don't name them then it would not go down too well if he decided to name the players himself. Not his role.

Maybe naming them is going too fare but we know who they are:

Jude (just down and out and in real danger of ACT)
Goodesy (so much pressure but isn't reading the ball like 2006)
Macca (must run harder to make more contests)
Monty (when he was playing)
Schnides (not consistent eoungh)
Fossy (working hard but again need more inpact from disposals)
and even Kirky has gone to sleep at times
Then there's the stand ins that aren't confident, Moorey, Schmidty & co

It really is a bit part mid-field when you look at it. As much as I love these guys, I would say that is disappointing that the following are probably leading the B & F:

Mal
Tiger
Jolly
Leo
ROK
Craig
Kirky
Benny
Everitt
Hall

I would suggest that the leaderboard should be a lot different.

liz
16th May 2007, 10:22 PM
:eek:

But at least he's maintained his sense of humour:

Quote:
"There's just too few guys playing good football, good consistent football, look at Ryan O'Keefe, I suppose Ben Mathews, Leo Barry and Craig Bolton are probably our four best players and probably Kirky (Brett Kirk).

To be fair, in you measure good consistent football in terms of who has most often played to his ability and in the same roles he has done in the past, that is probably spot on. If everyone else was playing close to their potential, Mathew's contribution would be pretty valuable and we'd say his was doing his job. The problem is that when so many others are playing poorly, his limitations become more apparent.

BigD
16th May 2007, 10:28 PM
IMHO outside of Rhino(Keefe) and maybe Captain(Kirk) I don't think anyone is playing anywhere near their best footy. We're missing Tiger in a big way too.

ROK Lobster
16th May 2007, 10:34 PM
IMHO outside of Rhino(Keefe) and maybe Captain(Kirk) I don't think anyone is playing anywhere near their best footy. We're missing Tiger in a big way too.
What about Malceski.

That Kirk is playong his best footy is a sad state of affairs.

nat
16th May 2007, 11:45 PM

I was being sarcastic.

The way i worded it was probably bad, but i didn't mean what you thought i ment, even though i can see what you thought i ment by the way i worded it.

When i said 'he annoys me' i ment HE ANNOYS ME for saying stuff like that, putting the blame on 8-10 players and then telling everyone about it. That's why i said 'why doesn't he just go ahead and name them all'.. in a sarcastic way.

Anyway, i'm confusing myself now but what he said annoyed me.

Matt79
16th May 2007, 11:47 PM
I was being sarcastic.

The way i worded it was probably bad, but i didn't mean what you thought i ment, even though i can see what you thought i ment by the way i worded it.

When i said 'he annoys me' i ment HE ANNOYS ME for saying stuff like that, putting the blame on 8-10 players and then telling everyone about it. That's why i said 'why doesn't he just go ahead and name them all'.. in a sarcastic way.

Anyway, i'm confusing myself now but what he said annoyed me.

Because it is hard to read tone from an email / written post this would have helped... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

But no dramas!! :)

ScottH
17th May 2007, 07:34 AM
What about Malceski.

That Kirk is playong his best footy is a sad state of affairs.
Yes, Malceski has been one of the best, along with CBolts.

As for Kirk, I'd say he is playing better than some of his team mates but not at his best.

originalswan
17th May 2007, 10:24 AM
These so called player/media assertions of the Swans pedicament was getting quite tedious and monotonous. At least Everitt in naming the players that are playing well has indirectly pointed the finger at those who aren't playing well, especially in the midfield (not really hard to work out is it?)

Initially I thought, geez are you going out on a limb, being a new player and being so vocal. Time now to shut up and show the football world whether the team has what it takes!

giant
17th May 2007, 11:00 AM
Maybe naming them is going too fare but we know who they are:

Jude (just down and out and in real danger of ACT)
Goodesy (so much pressure but isn't reading the ball like 2006)
Macca (must run harder to make more contests)
Monty (when he was playing)
Schnides (not consistent eoungh)
Fossy (working hard but again need more inpact from disposals)
and even Kirky has gone to sleep at times
Then there's the stand ins that aren't confident, Moorey, Schmidty & co

It really is a bit part mid-field when you look at it. As much as I love these guys, I would say that is disappointing that the following are probably leading the B & F:

Mal
Tiger
Jolly
Leo
ROK
Craig
Kirky
Benny
Everitt
Hall

I would suggest that the leaderboard should be a lot different.

This is a good summary of the season to date. You might quibble with the F&B placement but as to where the problems are it's pretty much on the money for mine. And it highlights what Spida is saying about the midfield.

Not sure the picture down back is as rosy as they are suggesting however. Richards & Leo have both been inconsistent and after a great start to the season, Craig B has struggled in recent weeks vs Edwards/Grant & then Riewoldt/Umpires. No doubt we're being exposed by a lack of height down back but they need to lift their game as much as the midfield.

Plugger46
17th May 2007, 11:26 AM
My mate who is a Saints supporter laghed at me last nite when i was talking of our ills, he blames it all on the Big Spida! The theory goes that the year he was out the Aints made the granny, just after he left they started playing finals, he went to the Hawks after they had been playing finals - once he got there they stopped, now that he has left look at the old poo & wee stripes now!!! Just his theory, I hope it is wrong!!!

I'm pretty sure Everitt played every game of '97 and just missed the GF through injury. He had an excellent year and played a big part in getting them there.

He won a B&F at Hawthorn too.

People are too hard on Spida I reckon.