PDA

View Full Version : What the @@@@ is going on...

ROK Lobster
19th May 2007, 09:50 PM
...Saints v Hawks? 3 goals each nearly 3 qtr time and its inside :confused:

Frog
19th May 2007, 09:53 PM
18 - 16 at half time - They are keeping the average per quarter about the same then (they were 2 goals each) ... Must be one hell of a game that I am not even going to attempt to turn on and watch - Fan Footy provides more excitement at the moment ... :D

ScottH
19th May 2007, 10:07 PM
Another goal to the hawks!!

NMWBloods
19th May 2007, 10:13 PM
It's at the MCG, not inside.

Looks like Lyon has really taken the Swans game plan with him...

Frog
19th May 2007, 10:14 PM

Looks like Lyon has really taken the Swans game plan with him...
It's working - He's losing :D

ROK Lobster
19th May 2007, 10:23 PM
Ahh. AFL web site said "tonight's clash at the Telstra Dome", Thay have changed it now.

goswannie14
19th May 2007, 10:50 PM
Looks like Lyon has really taken the Swans game plan with him...I said to my Dad last week and this week proves it in my mind, that Lyon, not Roos, was the man behind the Swans being so defensive.

Their flooding last week was ridiculous, and hopefully when teams are more in form than we are, the Saints will get their butts kicked every week.

NMWBloods
19th May 2007, 11:08 PM
If Lyon was the man, then at the moment it seems Roos has nothing to offer.

Frog
19th May 2007, 11:12 PM
If Lyon was the man, then at the moment it seems Roos has nothing to offer.
Or Roos needs that plan B to cut his losses and get that defensive strike out of the midfield - I say, Fossie, Davo and Monty in the middle working Spida's tap work with Kirk and B1 a step further back ...

swantastic
19th May 2007, 11:21 PM
I said to my Dad last week and this week proves it in my mind, that Lyon, not Roos, was the man behind the Swans being so defensive.

Their flooding last week was ridiculous, and hopefully when teams are more in form than we are, the Saints will get their butts kicked every week.The Saints dont flood,its just that their defenders don't follow our forwards out of the F50 so when their midfield drops back to help out it looks like flooding.

goswannie14
19th May 2007, 11:31 PM
The Saints dont flood,its just that their defenders don't follow our forwards out of the F50 so when their midfield drops back to help out it looks like flooding.You forgot about their forwards. I can understand being defensive, but when every player is in the defensive 50, that is what I hate.

That is the sort of crap that needs to be outlawed.:mad:

573v30
19th May 2007, 11:35 PM
Hawks vs. Saints was an absolute disappointment but I don't expect much when Hawthorn play given their performances over the past few years. A lot of disposals from both sides and a large number of uncontested marks and clangers produced few goals. I hope Roosy doesn't get any ideas from this game... :rolleyes:

Triple B
20th May 2007, 02:02 AM
Put a 'spoiler' reference in the title in future.:mad:

ROK Lobster
20th May 2007, 08:42 AM
Put a 'spoiler' reference in the title in future.:mad:
Oops :o sorry. Sounds as though there should have been a spoiler in the match title as well. Saints v Hawks (don't bother switching on 'til 3/4 time).

573v30
20th May 2007, 08:42 PM
Mediocrity isn't worth spoiling.

goswannie14
20th May 2007, 08:53 PM
Mediocrity isn't worth spoiling.That wasn't even mediocrity.

cruiser
21st May 2007, 09:56 AM
Richard Hinds is having a big gripe about it in todays SMH. Despite the fact that quite a few teams flood or chip (even the Evils, who massively flooded against us in round 1), he couldnt stop himself from making reference to Sydney in his article.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/ugly-is-fine--as-long-as-you-win/2007/05/20/1179601244951.html

NMWBloods
21st May 2007, 10:21 AM
One suggestion is for teams do get bonus percentage if they kick (say) 15 or more goals in a game. Sort of like the bonus system in state cricket (do they still do that?).

goswannie14
21st May 2007, 10:45 AM
One suggestion is for teams do get bonus percentage if they kick (say) 15 or more goals in a game. Sort of like the bonus system in state cricket (do they still do that?).What about the extra point for a win on the ladder like in the super 14's if the score either 4 or 5 tries.

For example if you win kicking 10 goals you get 4 premiership points but if you win kicking 15 goals you get 5 points. The only problem arises if you have a 15+ goal draw, do they both get 2.5 points or 3 points?

Overall though Bloods, I think your idea has merit. We should be running the AFL, it would be a much better competition.;)

573v30
21st May 2007, 10:47 AM
A bonus point for kicking 15+ goals surely would give Sydney incentive to play attacking footy and kick goals for a change.

swantastic
21st May 2007, 10:54 AM
One suggestion is for teams do get bonus percentage if they kick (say) 15 or more goals in a game. Sort of like the bonus system in state cricket (do they still do that?).Who ever suggested that is a nob head,just look at the last 2 GF's low scoring tuff riveting games.

NMWBloods
21st May 2007, 11:22 AM
What about the extra point for a win on the ladder like in the super 14's if the score either 4 or 5 tries.

For example if you win kicking 10 goals you get 4 premiership points but if you win kicking 15 goals you get 5 points. The only problem arises if you have a 15+ goal draw, do they both get 2.5 points or 3 points?

Overall though Bloods, I think your idea has merit. We should be running the AFL, it would be a much better competition.;)
It's not really my idea - James Brayshaw was talking about it. However, I do think it is something to consider.

As for draws, I would give no bonuses.

NMWBloods
21st May 2007, 11:22 AM
Who ever suggested that is a nob head,just look at the last 2 GF's low scoring tuff riveting games.
It would be more rivetting if more goals were scored.

Crowds turn up to watch highlights - they are goals and high marks. Hard tackles and bumbs are highlights too, but people don't turn up to watch a tackling stoppage fest. If they did they'd watch League.

hammo
21st May 2007, 12:01 PM
What about the extra point for a win on the ladder like in the super 14's if the score either 4 or 5 tries.

I'm not a fan of the idea. For example, sides who play regular games at Telstra Dome, which is the highest scoring ground in the country (especially indoors) would have an unfair advantage.

A win is a win and is worth 4 points. Wins shouldn't be given greater precedence because, for example, a side smashes a team like Melbourne who may be decimated by injury, but in 3 weeks regain all their best players.

Likewise, a team who fights out a win by kicking 10 goals in driving rain in Adelaide deserves the same amount as points as a team who wins a goal fest in the artificial confines of Telstra Dome.

NMWBloods
21st May 2007, 01:10 PM
Swings and roundabouts.