PDA

View Full Version : Field of Women at Homebush

floppinab
20th May 2007, 10:38 AM
Mentioned in the ladies lunch thread but deserves it's own thread I think.

This was done last year (?) at he MCG and will happen this year at the Saints game at Homebush as part of "Womens Round"

Details are here :

http://www.fieldofwomen.org.au/

$50 to register includes entry to the ground.

In addition to this I understand that half time Auskick for this game will be completely female, both players and volunteers on the ground. Should be very interesting to watch!!!

swantastic
20th May 2007, 11:05 AM
I'm in i dont mind giving money to a good cause and its tax deductable.My mum and Mrs Swantastic did the MCG one a couple of years ago but my mum has since passed on due to cancer so to continue on with it will be good.

BeeEmmAre
20th May 2007, 12:02 PM
I thought this thread was going to be about an NRL game - or Collingwood.

But seriously, yes it's a good cause.

Bindo
31st May 2007, 11:07 PM
Just a reminder to all the women (and blokes too!) for this event. I've rounded up all my fellow female Swannies fans and hope to rope in a few others as well. They get a ticket as part of the package, so who knows, maybe some new fans for the future. :)

Registrations are around 900 today and they need around ?13,000, so get cracking!

airpoe
4th July 2007, 07:52 PM
I don't know if anyone knows but when the swans play St Kilda @ TS.

There is gonna have 13,000 people on the ground in pink to make awareness of Breast Cancer.

Currently its only 2,544 people who has registered.

A month to go, if we don't get 8,000 it could be embarrassing.

http://fieldofwomen.org.au/

Cher
4th July 2007, 10:00 PM
Thanks for posting this, I've been trying to find out how to register but couldn't find the info online.

Layby
4th July 2007, 11:11 PM
I am tired just reading the title !

Field of women (http://watch.windsofchange.net/pics/n2_s.jpg)

AnnieH
5th July 2007, 11:05 AM
i have entry into the ground.
we are part of a big group of people who are in, but are under the impression that we could just pay on the night and go down at half-time.

EDIT
just found the info ... you have two options ...

FAQ: I already have reserved seats for the football but would like to take part in Field of Women LIVE. Do I still have to register and pay the $50?

A: Your existing tickets will not get you on the field to join the Field of Women LIVE you will need to register and pay the $50 if you wish to take part and walk on the field. The $50 for the Field of Women LIVE includes walking on the field and then an allocated seat for the Sydney v St Kilda game. The Sydney Swans have provided us with these tickets free of charge which has meant that 100% of your $50 will go to helping us continue our work in supporting women and their families with breast cancer.
If you already have a ticket and then register for the Field of Women LIVE you have two options for watching the match. You can use your Field of Women LIVE ticket to pick up your pink poncho and enter the ground and march on the field and then after if you would like you can sit in your usual seats.
Alternatively, you a can sit in your seats which come with the Field of Women LIVE and give your existing ticket away for the evening, the decision is entirely up to you!

swannieserin
5th July 2007, 11:23 AM
I understand why they are doing it that way, but that is ridiculous. I love my seats this year, so I would sit there in preference to level 4/5/6 (which is where I am assuming the FOW tickets would be), but the practicalities of giving away that ticket is annoying, as the only logical choice would be to give it to a male non-member (on the assumption that female non-members would be interested in taking part for themselves). If I needed to present that ticket to get onto the field before the game, I would therefore need to enter the ground with that male non-member to ensure the members card and the field-of-women ticket both get scanned. He would then need to hang around while I went onto the field as he would not be able to get to the level 4/5/6 seat without the ticket, or sit in my members seat while I was on the field, then we would need to meet up and swap tickets ...

way too complicated.

I think I will donate $75 and not worry about the field, but I hope a lot of women do it and enjoy the footy too, particularly as that grand ambassador for the treatment of women, Fraser "I piss on women" Gehrig will be there (provided he doesn't get suspended first).

floppinab
6th July 2007, 11:50 AM
that we could just pay on the night and go down at half-time.

It's not a half time Annie, the group will be on the ground before the game. The all female Auskickers will take centre stage @ half time.

reigning premier
6th July 2007, 02:29 PM
When have they scheduled for the field of men?

Cher
8th July 2007, 05:20 PM
I'm in i dont mind giving money to a good cause and its tax deductable.My mum and Mrs Swantastic did the MCG one a couple of years ago but my mum has since passed on due to cancer so to continue on with it will be good.

According to the website it's not tax deductable.

From my understanding this would be because you are getting something in return for the $50 (ticket and poncho).

When have they scheduled for the field of men?

Men can take part as well!!

AnnieH
26th July 2007, 03:23 PM
bump ...

more news.

they've changed the process for members. here's the link.

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/FieldofWomenLive2007/tabid/10189/Default.aspx (Field of Women - Member Info)

HOWEVER, as a Sydney Swans member using the below link to participate in the Field of Women you will NOT be issued with a ticket to the game as you already have access to the watch the match using your membership card.
If you have non member friends or family participating in the event you will still be able to walk onto the arena with them but not sit with them to watch the match.
Once you have completed the registration process you will be sent a booking confirmation via email that includes an ezyTicket, sent to you as a PDF attachment. This ezyTicket is your Voucher that will allow you to collect your pink poncho and participate on the arena for the Field of Women Live.
Closer to the event you will receive an email from the Breast Cancer Network Australia advising you of further instructions and where to assemble for the Field of Women. Please note that you should not enter Telstra Stadium until after you have participated in the Field of Women event.
To register, click on the Field of Women icon below. You will be directed to the Swans member registration page. For all other registrations, go to the Field of Women website.

here's the link to the registration for members ....

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=FOWPART07 (registration for swans members)

Cher
27th July 2007, 11:44 PM
So who else is taking part?

Bindo
28th July 2007, 01:23 PM
I've organised 6 friends (all members and their daughters) to be part of it,a nd plan to send out an email at work next week encouraging people to take part. :)

Wardy
28th July 2007, 01:35 PM
as mean and calculated as it sounds, it probably would also attract more if the $50 was tax deductible, $50 is pretty steep for some.

I hope though that they get the numbers they are looking for.

Cher
28th July 2007, 05:54 PM
as mean and calculated as it sounds, it probably would also attract more if the $50 was tax deductible, $50 is pretty steep for some.

I hope though that they get the numbers they are looking for.

If we take the option without the ticket, does that make it tax deductible?

AnnieH
29th July 2007, 12:54 AM
bugger the tax deduction ... this is for booby cancer and they've said that the whole amount of the monies collected goes to the cause.

i'm doing it.

Wardy
30th July 2007, 08:07 AM
bugger the tax deduction ... this is for booby cancer and they've said that the whole amount of the monies collected goes to the cause.

i'm doing it.

I'm not saying that it isnt for a good cause, its a fantastic cause, but the reality is that most people consider if you donate to a charity or worthwhile cause the amount of $50 then its normally tax deductible. Can also guarantee that had there been an option for members, who already have tickets to the game, if they could have paid a cheaper price for the poncho and entry onto the field only then they would get many more participate.(otherwise you would have a heap of tickets that probably wont be used.) Sadly I wont be there on the night but I hope they get the numbers they are looking for.

ScottH
30th July 2007, 09:13 AM
Donate Here (https://www.bcia.org.au/donate/default.aspx?type=donate)

AussieAnge
30th July 2007, 04:18 PM
If we take the option without the ticket, does that make it tax deductible?

Probably unlikely as you get the poncho, perhaps you may be able to claim the deduction if you don't keep it.

monopoly19
12th August 2007, 01:24 AM
How did it go? Any pics? There seemed to be lots of ladies (and a few men) in pink ponchos.

ScottH
12th August 2007, 02:00 AM
The Field of Women Live event that took place before the Sydney Swans game against St Kilda was a great success.

More... (http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/Default.aspx?tabid=7106&newsId=48979)

(This post was automatically generated from news items on www.sydneyswans.com.au )

BeeEmmAre
12th August 2007, 02:02 AM
How did it go? Any pics? There seemed to be lots of ladies (and a few men) in pink ponchos.

I reckon there would have been close to 20,000 on the ground.
It was amazing to see, the organisers mapped out a woman for 13,000 people and they just kept pouring onto the ground.
The 'pink lady' would have put on three dress sizes by the time they got them all out there, and then almost as soon, it was time to turn around and head off again.

AussieAnge
12th August 2007, 12:24 PM
I reckon there would have been close to 20,000 on the ground.
It was amazing to see, the organisers mapped out a woman for 13,000 people and they just kept pouring onto the ground.
The 'pink lady' would have put on three dress sizes by the time they got them all out there, and then almost as soon, it was time to turn around and head off again.

They almost forgot her left arm, they only filled it up at the last minute.

BTW when will we see the field of men or the blue man for all the chaps who are survivors of prostate cancer?

Margie
12th August 2007, 03:10 PM
It was really good being out there. I think there must have been a surge of last-minute numbers, as some were outside the marked line and made the pink lady look like she had bulges.

NMWBloods
12th August 2007, 03:12 PM
The 'pink lady' looked fantastic!

ScottH
12th August 2007, 03:51 PM
The 'pink lady' looked fantastic!
It was a lot more even than the MCG one.

alison.z
12th August 2007, 07:36 PM
The Field of Women Live event that took place before the Sydney Swans game against St Kilda was a great success.

More... (http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/Default.aspx?tabid=7106&newsId=48979)

yay i'm quoted in that article!!

stellation
12th August 2007, 07:57 PM
Sydney is better than Melbourne.
:p

ScottH
12th August 2007, 09:14 PM
Donate Now!! (https://www.bcia.org.au/donate/default.aspx?type=donate)

goswannie14
12th August 2007, 09:17 PM
It was simply amazing. I have a few photos on the phone, but can't get them off the phone until I get back home in a week.

If was really spine tingling, especially when the survivors of breast cancer identified themselves with a show of hands.

Jewels
12th August 2007, 10:01 PM
It was amazing being a part of it. I put myself and my daughter in at the last minute and I'm so glad I did, it gave me chills being out there. I'm very lucky that, at 50 years of age, none of my family or friends have been touched by this insidious disease and touch wood never will be.

Mr_Juicy
12th August 2007, 10:45 PM
They almost forgot her left arm, they only filled it up at the last minute.

BTW when will we see the field of men or the blue man for all the chaps who are survivors of prostate cancer?Yeah. They could have them both out there holding hands

Bindo
13th August 2007, 02:10 PM
BTW when will we see the field of men or the blue man for all the chaps who are survivors of prostate cancer?

Perhaps when they get serious about submitting themselves to regular similarly uncomfortable testing like our mammograms, (ie digital rectal examination) and PSA testing ;)

Being part of the field of women was fantastic last Saturday night. As others have said, to see all those hands go up as survivors started the tears, not to mention the memories of friends who have been taken. The sooner an answer is found to this epidemic which will now affect 1 in 8 of Australian women in our lifetime, the better. :)

Big Al
14th August 2007, 01:08 PM
It was simply amazing. I have a few photos on the phone, but can't get them off the phone until I get back home in a week.

If was really spine tingling, especially when the survivors of breast cancer identified themselves with a show of hands.

Hope you got a good photo of me.;) . I managed to score a Blue poncho.

It was a teriific night and I must admit I did shed a couple of tears. What I was amazed at was the number of men involved.

And how good was Mike Bradys' "Up There Pink Lady", Yes GS14 it was spine tingling stuff.

Missy
14th August 2007, 02:46 PM
You might be in some of my photos Al. The blue ponchos were right in front of us.

floppinab
14th August 2007, 04:03 PM
Did anyone catch any of the all girl half time Auskick.
Any thoughts???

goswannie14
14th August 2007, 05:13 PM
Big Al, were you with the other blue pnchos, or were you the one in the middle of all the ladies in the middle of the pink lady?:p

If you were with the others, you will definitely be in shot, but I don't know if you'll be able to tell from my phone camera (Yes I managed to get it to work this week, not like at Manuka:o ).

swantastic
14th August 2007, 05:31 PM
Hope you got a good photo of me.;) . I managed to score a Blue poncho.

It was a teriific night and I must admit I did shed a couple of tears. What I was amazed at was the number of men involved.

And how good was Mike Bradys' "Up There Pink Lady", Yes GS14 it was spine tingling stuff.You haven't changed,you look just like your baby photo.

:D

Big Al
14th August 2007, 05:35 PM
You haven't changed,you look just like your baby photo.

:D

:D I have been told I've gotten a lot hairier.

Big Al
14th August 2007, 05:38 PM
Big Al, were you with the other blue pnchos, or were you the one in the middle of all the ladies in the middle of the pink lady?:p

If you were with the others, you will definitely be in shot, but I don't know if you'll be able to tell from my phone camera (Yes I managed to get it to work this week, not like at Manuka:o ).

No i was giving the Pink Lady Tinea just under the Goal post. Will be great to see your photos.

Big Al
14th August 2007, 05:40 PM
You might be in some of my photos Al. The blue ponchos were right in front of us.

If your camera is still working my image never got to your lens. :p