PDA

View Full Version : Well done Sydney

ROK Lobster
2nd June 2007, 10:56 PM
I am so proud of the way they came back. To only lose by a point is fantastic when the ball was slippery like that and Noggy looked like he got bumped and Goodes looked like he could not give two hoots. Fantastic stuff. Especially from Buchanan. How unlucky were those 2 out of bounds on the fulls? If either of those had have snuck through for a point he would have been a hero. Great stuff guys - tonight I am proud to be a Swan.

Mogg0
2nd June 2007, 10:57 PM
Stop being a @@@@ing idiot.

NMWBloods
2nd June 2007, 10:57 PM
You forgot to mention that it's all the umpires' fault. They always hate Sydney.

Foreign Legion
2nd June 2007, 10:58 PM
I am so proud of the way they came back. To only lose by a point is fantastic when the ball was slippery like that and Noggy looked like he got bumped and Goodes looked like he could not give two hoots. Fantastic stuff. Especially from Buchanan. How unlucky were those 2 out of bounds on the fulls? If either of those had have snuck through for a point he would have been a hero. Great stuff guys - tonight I am proud to be a Swan.

Please die.

ROK Lobster
2nd June 2007, 10:58 PM
Stop being a @@@@ing idiot.
Your pop was a squib.

Mogg0
2nd June 2007, 10:59 PM
Your pop was a squib.

As in, every one of your attempts to appear witty, biting and condescending? You're an amatuer.

satchmopugdog
2nd June 2007, 11:01 PM
Your pop was a squib.

As in Harry Potter...a wizard with no magic

Foreign Legion
As in, every one of your attempts to appear witty, biting and condescending? You're an amatuer.

I think you are praising him...

- for the spelling

ROK Lobster
Please die.
Sorry. I should have realised that comments like that are only appropriate after a grand final loss.

Foreign Legion
2nd June 2007, 11:03 PM
Sorry. I should have realised that comments like that are only appropriate after a grand final loss.

No worries - like you, I assume, I care whether we win or lose.

Interesting next week........

NMWBloods
2nd June 2007, 11:06 PM
Or when other people make them, like after our losses to WC and the Kangaroos.

doctor swan
2nd June 2007, 11:08 PM
well done are you kidding .......clangers a plenty we were shocking and to think if amons kick hadnt hit the post we would have won.
we have a lot of improvment needed if we going to play finals.

Glenn
2nd June 2007, 11:12 PM
Rather fitting end to the game, Sydney didn't deserve to win it and the Umps made sure of it ;)

CureTheSane
2nd June 2007, 11:16 PM
I said to my wife after Essendon kicked their last goal "Good, I hope we @@@@ing lose, they don't deserve to win when they play so @@@@"

She just looked up at me with drawn eyes and a "I hope you're still going to give me sex tonight" look

I am.

But I sort of regret hoping we would lose.
I reckon I'd be happier if we had won......

Oh well, time to go take my mind off it.....

NMWBloods
2nd June 2007, 11:17 PM
I said to my wife after Essendon kicked their last goal "Good, I hope we @@@@ing lose, they don't deserve to win when they play so @@@@"

She just looked up at me with drawn eyes and a "I hope you're still going to give me sex tonight" look

I am.

LOL!! :D

ScottH
2nd June 2007, 11:28 PM

I am.

Oh well, time to go take my mind off it.....What a trooper.

hammo
2nd June 2007, 11:34 PM
I'm glad the Brewongle faithful gave the team the standing ovation they richly deserved once again :rolleyes:

ROK Lobster
2nd June 2007, 11:39 PM
I'm glad the Brewongle faithful gave the team the standing ovation they richly deserved once again :rolleyes:That's great, they were fantastic in the last 2 and a half minutes. Real fans, real SUPPORTERS, not like the dickheads here!

Glenn
2nd June 2007, 11:45 PM
Speaking for yourself I presume.

Mogg0
2nd June 2007, 11:50 PM
That's great, they were fantastic in the last 2 and a half minutes. Real fans, real SUPPORTERS, not like the dickheads here!

Being the biggest dickhead on this forum, it's fitting you'd say that. I hope you don't believe you're a true supporter, for I have never seen such an arrogant, condescending, boring, predictable Sydney fan since the bandwagon jumpers of '96.

You deserve to be a Eagles supporter and nothing more.

ScottH
2nd June 2007, 11:50 PM
That's great, they were fantastic in the last 2 and a half minutes. Real fans, real SUPPORTERS, not like the dickheads here!"here" is inclusive, I presume.

goswannie14
2nd June 2007, 11:53 PM
"here" is inclusive, I presume.
I thought it just meant at the posters computer. That's the only "here" for them.

Teasdale77
2nd June 2007, 11:54 PM

I am.

Look, it was tough loss so if you're not up to doing the thing with the missus, send me a PM :D

ROK Lobster
2nd June 2007, 11:55 PM
"here" is inclusive, I presume.Yep, it includes you.

Agent 86
2nd June 2007, 11:57 PM
That's great, they were fantastic in the last 2 and a half minutes. Real fans, real SUPPORTERS, not like the dickheads here!

@@@@ off. I sit there.

ROK Lobster
2nd June 2007, 11:59 PM
@@@@ off. I sit there.
The fans were fine all night. I meant the players were great for the last two minutes and deserved the ovation they got from their supporters. Not tlike the gob-@@@@e that trickles across the boards.

Doctor
3rd June 2007, 12:09 AM
I'm intrigued as to why someone who seems to hate everything about the Swans and everything about this forum, its moderators and the people who post here so much continues to spend so much time posting here. Unless you're trying to gee everyone up with every post I just don't get it. Even if that's the reason it must get a bit tiresome after a while I'd have thought.

Anyway, we lost because Spida gave away a stupid behind, because Hall's two marks weren't paid because of the umpires, because the ball was out when Essendon kicked their last goal, because it bounced the wrong way from Monty's last kick, because the umpiring was generally awful but mainly because we didn't want it as much as they did.

Agent 86
3rd June 2007, 12:13 AM
Anyway, we lost because Spida gave away a stupid behind, because Hall's two marks weren't paid because of the umpires, because the ball was out when Essendon kicked their last goal, because it bounced the wrong way from Monty's last kick, because the umpiring was generally awful but mainly because we didn't want it as much as they did.
And because Monty couldn't even find the small posts on 2 earlier occasions.

ROK Lobster
3rd June 2007, 12:15 AM
I'm intrigued as to why someone who seems to hate everything about the Swans and everything about this forum, its moderators and the people who post here so much continues to spend so much time posting here. Unless you're trying to gee everyone up with every post I just don't get it. Even if that's the reason it must get a bit tiresome after a while I'd have thought.
I don't hate the Swans or RWO. I don't even hate the morons that post here. I just wanted to be the first to make the inane but inevitable I am proud of the side because they only just lost post.

AnnieH
3rd June 2007, 12:27 AM

tool. of epic proportions!!!
I think you've outdone yourself with this post.

ROK Lobster
3rd June 2007, 12:27 AM

Boo.

AnnieH
3rd June 2007, 12:28 AM
Boo.

there's no point in booing if lloyds not around to hear it.

Industrial Fan
3rd June 2007, 12:34 AM
ROK, The only person stupid enough to buy into your crap is Laycock.

Go knock the top off one and then come back, you intellectual powerhouse.

Agent 86
3rd June 2007, 12:40 AM
I don't hate the Swans or RWO. I don't even hate the morons that post here. I just wanted to be the first to make the inane but inevitable I am proud of the side because they only just lost post.
But WHY don't you hate me?

I was actually proud that we still got that close. Add, yes, I sit in the Be-wrong-le.

I was disappointed for a number of reasons that we lost... we made some mistakes, missed some shots we shoulda got, had a few softcocks out there, got well and truly shafted by the officials, started about half an hour behind the opposition, and I could go on...

It was actually an entertaining game.

Mogg0
3rd June 2007, 12:55 AM
Boo.

It's fantastic seeing the tide begin to turn for you. Now everyone realises how much of a worthless poster you are.

Big Al
3rd June 2007, 12:57 AM
[QUOTE=Agent 86;311120

It was actually an entertaining game.[/QUOTE]

Playing poorly and getting screwed by the umpires is not my idea of a Saturday Nights entertainment. Should have stayed home and watched Shrek. Less infuriating.

NMWBloods
3rd June 2007, 01:03 AM
It's fantastic seeing the tide begin to turn for you. Now everyone realises how much of a worthless poster you are.
And your value is...?

Industrial Fan
3rd June 2007, 01:04 AM
And your value is...?Devisive and incisive.

High fives NMW.

Agent 86
3rd June 2007, 01:07 AM
Playing poorly and getting screwed by the umpires is not my idea of a Saturday Nights entertainment. Should have stayed home and watched Shrek. Less infuriating.
Look, we've made the last 2 grand finals playing poorly. What more do you want?

cruiser
3rd June 2007, 01:09 AM
I don't hate the Swans or RWO. I don't even hate the morons that post here. I just wanted to be the first to make the inane but inevitable I am proud of the side because they only just lost post. You're losing the plot ROK. Too many of your postings now are nastily critical of the board and its posters generally. You need to seriously consider continuing to post here.

Big Al
3rd June 2007, 01:13 AM
Look, we've made the last 2 grand finals playing poorly. What more do you want?

If we have to sit through more crap like tonight a 3rd Grand Final should be ample compensation.;)

Agent 86
3rd June 2007, 01:21 AM
If we have to sit through more crap like tonight a 3rd Grand Final should be ample compensation.;)

You never know... the comp's still wide open. But tonight's result could really hurt us.

AnnieH
3rd June 2007, 01:23 AM
You never know... the comp's still wide open. But tonight's result could really hurt us.

at least our percentage isn't going to suffer.

Layby
3rd June 2007, 01:26 AM
nar?cis?sism(n?rs-szm) also nar?cism (-szm)
n.
1. Excessive love or admiration of oneself. See Synonyms at conceit.
2. A psychological condition characterized by self-preoccupation, lack of empathy, and unconscious deficits in self-esteem.
3. Erotic pleasure derived from contemplation or admiration of one's own body or self, especially as a fixation on or a regression to an infantile stage of development.
4. The attribute of the human psyche charactized by admiration of oneself but within normal limits.

Layby
3rd June 2007, 01:29 AM

i?ro?ny(r-n, r-)
n. pl. i?ro?nies
a. The use of words to express something different from and often opposite to their literal meaning.
b. An expression or utterance marked by a deliberate contrast between apparent and intended meaning.
c. A literary style employing such contrasts for humorous or rhetorical effect. See Synonyms at wit1.
a. Incongruity between what might be expected and what actually occurs: "Hyde noted the irony of Ireland's copying the nation she most hated" Richard Kain.
b. An occurrence, result, or circumstance notable for such incongruity. See Usage Note at ironic.
3. Dramatic irony.
4. Socratic irony.

JF_Bay22_SCG
3rd June 2007, 01:31 AM
Lobster most definitely has a rare skill. We lose a match by a point and he still can keep his cool enough to get his jollies by trolling supporters of his very own club, and getting results week after week, year after year.

Lobster is most definitely a special individual. The world would be a different place without him. :( But they would also not be the same without the Oklahoma City bomber. What does that say about the world?! :eek:

JF

AnnieH
3rd June 2007, 01:32 AM
i?ro?ny(r-n, r-)
n. pl. i?ro?nies
a. The use of words to express something different from and often opposite to their literal meaning.
b. An expression or utterance marked by a deliberate contrast between apparent and intended meaning.
c. A literary style employing such contrasts for humorous or rhetorical effect. See Synonyms at wit1.
a. Incongruity between what might be expected and what actually occurs: "Hyde noted the irony of Ireland's copying the nation she most hated" Richard Kain.
b. An occurrence, result, or circumstance notable for such incongruity. See Usage Note at ironic.
3. Dramatic irony.
4. Socratic irony.

thanks f7

Jewels
3rd June 2007, 01:38 AM
Lobster most definitely has a rare skill. We lose a match by a point and he still can keep his cool enough to get his jollies by trolling supporters of his very own club, and getting results week after week, year after year.

Lobster is most definitely a special individual. The world would be a different place without him. :( But they would also not be the same without the Oklahoma City bomber. What does that say about the world?! :eek:

JF

Hahaha. That's Gold!!!!!!:D

DeadlyAkkuret
3rd June 2007, 03:13 AM
ROK you're easily the worst Sydney 'supporter' i've ever known. Yes i admit we SHOULD have taken more of our opportunities, but the umps played a huge part and that can't just be dispelled completely. Any chance you could switch teams?

doctor swan
3rd June 2007, 09:52 AM
rok s going to support the tigers, well done sydney for what not getting our percenatages hammered, which will only be important if we make the 8 and based on last night all we will be getting is a higher draft pick and we need that badly as well.

ROK Lobster
3rd June 2007, 09:55 AM
Ignoring all the personal abuse that has been thrown around :rolleyes:

What is the consensus then? Is it time to stop being proud when the team obviously shoots itself in the foot with ordinary play and just falls short through spirited play in the dying moments?

Plenty of supporters seem to have the same mindset as the leadership group. Hey, we won a flag and just missed one playing like this in the past, everything is fine. Playing a crap first 3 quarters very nearly lost a semi-final in 05 (which only a quarter of individual brilliance saved us from). If that had not have occurred, and then last year's grand final played out the same way, there would be a lot of disgruntled people here and disappointment that a side who prides itself on endeavour and team work can function in such a lethargic and disjointed way for such a long period in such a crucial game.

There is justification in the argument that the team should not look to introduce younger players into the senior side while the "window" is still open. That is fine, but performances like last night are quickly letting the wndow fall shut. Essendon, at home, should have been a win. We weren't beaten by a better side, or by the umpires. Sydney lost that game because of shocking skills and lack of hunger. Those are the things that the reserves have in spades (though skills will be tested at a higher level).

If the window is to stay open, maybe some changes are required. It is certainly time to stop relying on the fact that we have been here before and that everything will be alright. It is time to stop being proud of pathetic performances.

Jeffers1984
3rd June 2007, 10:03 AM

What is the consensus then? Is it time to stop being proud when the team obviously shoots itself in the foot with ordinary play and just falls short through spirited play in the dying moments?

Plenty of supporters seem to have the same mindset as the leadership group. Hey, we won a flag and just missed one playing like this in the past, everything is fine. Playing a crap first 3 quarters very nearly lost a semi-final in 05 (which only a quarter of individual brilliance saved us from). If that had not have occurred, and then last year's grand final played out the same way, there would be a lot of disgruntled people here and disappointment that a side who prides itself on endeavour and team work can function in such a lethargic and disjointed way for such a long period in such a crucial game.

There is justification in the argument that the team should not look to introduce younger players into the senior side while the "window" is still open. That is fine, but performances like last night are quickly letting the wndow fall shut. Essendon, at home, should have been a win. We weren't beaten by a better side, or by the umpires. Sydney lost that game because of shocking skills and lack of hunger. Those are the things that the reserves have in spades (though skills will be tested at a higher level).

If the window is to stay open, maybe some changes are required. It is certainly time to stop relying on the fact that we have been here before and that everything will be alright. It is time to stop being proud of pathetic performances.
Agree wholeheartedly Rok. But why couldn't you make this your OP of the thread? You wouldn't of copped all the abuse if you did.

ROK Lobster
3rd June 2007, 10:10 AM
Agree wholeheartedly Rok. But why couldn't you make this your OP of the thread? You wouldn't of copped all the abuse if you did.The abuse does not worry me. I could not care less. No abuse was directed at any others. The thread was meant simply to be a tongue-in-cheek appreciation of the rare skill we displayed last night and to draw attention to the fact that the "we are proud of themn anyway" approach is wearing thin. That other posters get antsy and fling the abuse is their problem. It seems that if people are stupid that they are naturally defensive and assume that anything that they don't understand is somehow a dig at them.

There was one post that upset me though, the one about the bandwagoner's of '96 form the kid who was 10 at the time...

cruiser
3rd June 2007, 10:14 AM
It's not just abuse ROK. Its justifiable criticism. You are now ruining the board for me and I find little enjoyment coming here any more. You need to think about what you say on here and why you say it.

Zlatorog
3rd June 2007, 10:20 AM
It's not just abuse ROK. Its justifiable criticism. You are now ruining the board for me and I find little enjoyment coming here any more. You need to think about what you say on here and why you say it.

Just put him on your ignore list like I do.:D

ROK Lobster
3rd June 2007, 10:20 AM
How and why? I find 90% of the material on here inane and mindless. SHould I complain everytime I think that someone makes a crap post. I just ignore it. I am not sure why the finger is consistently pointed at me as ruining the boards. Aside from this thread, which seems to have ruffled more feathers than I thought it would, or should have, can you please point to say three occasions where I have made RWO a less enjoyable place for you.

CureTheSane
3rd June 2007, 10:52 AM
Now I'm really surprised here.....

Not ONE SINGLE POSTS stating the rules of he forum, and my very favoritest bestest line in the whole eternity of the earth......... "play the ball not the man"

:(

swansrule100
3rd June 2007, 12:03 PM

I agree 100% we were lucky to get within 1 point last night, we forced the ball forward with 3rd and 4th efforts and will power at times. It was pathetic. Essendon made the ground look small by kicking long and being aggressive and a lot more polished.

We can complain about the umpiring against hall, but if our midfield (our premiership, runners up etc super amazing midfield) kicked it into hall the same way essendon fed lloyd and co he wouldnt be giving away half as many frees. How about going into the forward line in the middle to a lead in front of goals. How about hitting a friggen target on the chest. How about if hall has michael and fletcher on him and mcphee lurking, someone else gives a lead?

its just the basic football principles letting this side down and its time they made some genuine changes. Yes 2 years ago we won a premiership, last year we did ok, but lets face it we lost what we should of won. But thats history and if we cant beat essendon at home then questions need to be asked. They made us look like a bottom 8 side last night and the trouble is the umpiring, the comeback and the fact we almost won seems to prevent any real examination of our perfromance.

Xie Shan
3rd June 2007, 12:24 PM
disappointment that a side who prides itself on endeavour and team work can function in such a lethargic and disjointed way for such a long period in such a crucial game.

Yep :(

ROK Lobster
3rd June 2007, 12:43 PM

JFTwo things. One - The world is without the Oklahoma CIty bomber. Two - where are these other worlds of which you speak? Are they with the closing parentheses? Or were you, it your eagerness to jump aboard the "slip in the cheap shot bandwagon" careless in your proof reading and logic.

I still fail to see how the thread could be considered trolling or baiting. As I said elsewhere, it seems that those who do not understand what is written naturaly assume it is a go at them. Generally, if I want to have a go at someone's post I will and if I want to have a go at them I bite my tongue. I get in trouble with the mods if I post something that could perhpas suggest personal abuse. It seems I do not get, but nor do I ask for, the same protection. Not that to be compared to Timothy McVeigh is insulting - I hear his credit card was fully paid off before he died.

ernie koala
3rd June 2007, 01:17 PM
. Not that to be compared to Timothy McVeigh is insulting

No, having just suffered reading your pious dribble, I'd compare you more to our very own J Mc Veigh....neither of you can hit a target:p

hammo
3rd June 2007, 01:23 PM

Brilliant post. The apologists need to wake up to themselves and realise what a pathetic season is unfolding unless something is done.

Wardy
3rd June 2007, 01:53 PM
well I just let rip with three words as loud as I could shout in the MA Noble"THIS IS CRAP" and the entire game was - despite Hird diving a few times and pulling three free's (he should seriously consider playing soccer for Italy) Lloyd just getting away with murder, the umpires being @@@@wits and Mcphee being clearly outside the boundary, In the end though the Swans were woeful! I love the Swans to death, but its not doing my mental health any good when I pay to watch this kind of play. The hands in the back rule that Baldhead Bartlett ,Geoff Geishagirl and his cohorts have come up with have ruined the game.
Barry Halll will get to a point where he will just give up and give the game away - he had no chance when he had 3 blokes on him (and stupidly our players would still try and pass it too him - so what were the other 2 free players doing then?) Our boys need to learn how to think outside of the Barry Hall square and look at other options to think on the run (I know, now I'm delirious) There has to be a PLAN B!!!!

We had a prize tool Essendon supporter sitt across the steps from us who was really egging us on - that didnt help things where we sat either.
I really wanted to harm him in some way - but due to lack of props I just threw my footy record at him instead (I still missed!);)

I suggest that the club put a bucket out at each entry gate so as we can all make a gold coin donation to the fund to aid Roos to actually have a go at the umpires, at least this way the fines will have been budgeted for.

TheMase
3rd June 2007, 06:33 PM
The abuse does not worry me. I could not care less. No abuse was directed at any others. The thread was meant simply to be a tongue-in-cheek appreciation of the rare skill we displayed last night and to draw attention to the fact that the "we are proud of themn anyway" approach is wearing thin. That other posters get antsy and fling the abuse is their problem. It seems that if people are stupid that they are naturally defensive and assume that anything that they don't understand is somehow a dig at them.

There was one post that upset me though, the one about the bandwagoner's of '96 form the kid who was 10 at the time...

Mate, I read the initial post and had to laugh at the respondents. I knew exactly what you were getting at, and I am a little bemused that many did not.

If we had won last night, I would still be disappointed. At the end of the game I just starred at the screen. I did not yell or 'carry on'. I just starred and shook my head. The umpiring went through my head, and I thought to myself had those decisions gone for us we probably would have won.

Would that have served its purpose though? No.

The football we are playing at the moment will not see us in the eight, let alone as a contender. Had we just won, it would allow those that are not performing to feel a little more safe.

I would rather us play the footy we know we can play, or remove the players that are not performing and have not been performing for most of the season.

If we keep playing like we did last night (which by the way was atrocious), we will not play in the finals in 2007.

We are struggling against sides that flood heavily.
Interestingly last night we played our best footy in the final 5 minutes of each quarter, this is what kept us in the game.

Something needs to change before our season is gone.

NMWBloods
3rd June 2007, 06:36 PM
Yep - absolutely spot on!

stellation
3rd June 2007, 06:39 PM
Mate, I read the initial post and had to laugh at the respondents. I knew exactly what you were getting at, and I am a little bemused that many did not.

If we had won last night, I would still be disappointed. At the end of the game I just starred at the screen. I did not yell or 'carry on'. I just starred and shook my head. The umpiring went through my head, and I thought to myself had those decisions gone for us we probably would have won.

Would that have served its purpose though? No.

The football we are playing at the moment will not see us in the eight, let alone as a contender. Had we just won, it would allow those that are not performing to feel a little more safe.

I would rather us play the footy we know we can play, or remove the players that are not performing and have not been performing for most of the season.

If we keep playing like we did last night (which by the way was atrocious), we will not play in the finals in 2007.

We are struggling against sides that flood heavily.
Interestingly last night we played our best footy in the final 5 minutes of each quarter, this is what kept us in the game.

Something needs to change before our season is gone.
Good post.

DeadlyAkkuret
3rd June 2007, 07:44 PM
I didn't avoid the swear filter, i censored myself.

ROK Lobster
3rd June 2007, 07:47 PM
I didn't avoid the swear filter, i censored myself.

I tried.

DeadlyAkkuret
3rd June 2007, 07:55 PM
I tried.

Cool, can i be classed as a rebel now?:p

ROK Lobster
3rd June 2007, 08:32 PM
Cool, can i be classed as a rebel now?:p
Told yer.;)

swantastic
3rd June 2007, 09:24 PM
The football we are playing at the moment will not see us in the eight.We are struggling against sides that flood heavily.
Interestingly last night we played our best footy in the final 5 minutes of each quarter, this is what kept us in the game.Just imagine if we could do that for 10 minutes a quarter.I can,t believe we are the same team as the previous two weeks with good wins under our belt.:rolleyes:The only way we can beat the flood is if we get it into the F50 quicker,but it just seems like we are waiting for that perfect pass when some times we just have to bomb it long.

Doctor
4th June 2007, 12:36 PM

Good analysis. We were chatting about pretty much the same thing at the game on Saturday. It's almost like they are assuming because it all worked out OK the last 2 years that it'll automatically do so again without them actually having to make an effort. Yes maybe we would have snuck home by a goal or two had the umpiring been better, but we should have won that game by 6 goals. It was a home banker.

giant
4th June 2007, 12:42 PM
Brilliant post. The apologists need to wake up to themselves and realise what a pathetic season is unfolding unless something is done.

Yeh, pity it wasn't posted last week. Oh, that's right, we won last week! :rolleyes:

ROK Lobster
4th June 2007, 12:49 PM
Yeh, pity it wasn't posted last week. Oh, that's right, we won last week! :rolleyes:

I think that those who suggested that last weeks' win did not provide a useful yardstick in relation to how the side was travelling were made to suffer the slings and arrows of the routine abuse that such observations are given on RWO. :rolleyes:

Given that the Bulldogs were beaten by Carlton this week, last wee'ks win takes looks even less impressive now.

giant
4th June 2007, 01:16 PM
My point is that it is just as wrong to be all doom & gloom after 1 point loss where we've played like crap all but 20 mins as it is to be singing the "premiership's a cakewalk" after we beat a soft Dogs side.

There was much to be critical about Sat's performance just as there were many positives out of the previous two weeks - personally I couldn't tell you where we're going to end up on the ladder from either performance.

AnnieH
4th June 2007, 01:32 PM
honestly, we'll be lucky to make finals fodder.

goswannie14
4th June 2007, 01:48 PM

I thought your op was stupid, but I think that this one is on the money.

NMWBloods
4th June 2007, 01:56 PM
Amazing how many people seem to miss obvious, and pertinent, sarcasm...

goswannie14
4th June 2007, 01:57 PM
Amazing how many people seem to miss obvious, and pertinent, sarcasm...
I didn't miss it, I just thought it was stupid. It also didn't help that he had numerous posts like this just after the game. If some others had posted similarly, it may have been seen as trolling or baiting.

Wardy
4th June 2007, 01:59 PM
Perhaps Rok went a little overboard with the sarcasm (but I had a goodlaugh knowing full well that it was tongue in cheek) but the message was pretty bang on.

ROK Lobster
4th June 2007, 02:01 PM
I thought your op was stupid, but I think that this one is on the money.
I think most of your posts are stupid, but that this one is good ;)

goswannie14
4th June 2007, 02:02 PM
I think most of your posts are stupid, but that this one is good ;):p

Jewels
4th June 2007, 02:10 PM
OK all you doom and gloomers! Do any of you remember two seasons ago, about this time of year? I do, I remember feeling sick in the stomach nearly every game for three quarters of the season because we played like crap and only seemed to play well against the lower teams. I remember being envious of the supporters of teams like West Coast, Adelaide and The Saints cause they didn't have to suffer near heart attacks EVERY game. Well, that was 2005 OUR PREMIERSHIP YEAR Yes, we made it on the back of one quarter of individual brilliance, yes we made it after (again) striking fear into our hearts that we were going to throw it all away by letting that tool Gehrig do as he wanted for most of the preliminary final, but the point is that WE DID IT! I'm not saying we're going to win it this year, I'm not saying we're even going to make the finals this year, but if you look back on 05, we're in exactly the same place as we were then - at least this year we've got a better percentage!
Heart attacks, great highs and great lows are part and parcel of being a swannie and while I would love to roll up to a game and be pretty confident my boys were going to win, well, I've never known that feeling so to me, this week, this season is just BEING A SWAN'S FAN!
Sorry to rave, but I needed to purge.

DeadlyAkkuret
4th June 2007, 02:51 PM
Heart attacks, great highs and great lows are part and parcel of being a swannie and while I would love to roll up to a game and be pretty confident my boys were going to win, well, I've never known that feeling so to me, this week, this season is just BEING A SWAN'S FAN!
Sorry to rave, but I needed to purge.

The bolded section is about as true as one can get. It is very painful, especially when i see such smooth, fast and clinical passages of play from our boys, only for them to make a mess of something else, minutes later. Our list is good enough to win more games, and win them easier, but it doesn't happen.