PDA

View Full Version : Adding insult to injury

hammo
5th June 2007, 02:14 PM
Mark McVeigh's goal after his gather from a clearly out of bounds McPhee kick is now nominated for Goal of the Year.

http://afl.com.au/Season2007/News/NewsArticle/tabid/208/Default.aspx?newsId=44554

Is this the AFL's idea of a cruel joke ?

ScottH
5th June 2007, 02:21 PM
The pass might have been illegal, but the goal was a cracker.

ugg
5th June 2007, 02:31 PM
Meh, I thought Davo's was better. He positioned himself and kicked it whereas I think McVeigh just threw it onto his boot.

BBBBH
5th June 2007, 03:27 PM
well it is technically a 'goal'. a damn good one aswell.

the same applied in round 2 when mcphee took a specky in the goal square against fremantle but a free kick was paid to his team-mate who was also in the contest so it wasnt a mark.

573v30
5th June 2007, 04:32 PM
McVeigh's specky was technically hands in the back but still paid as a mark and the goal was amazing too. Remember, Andy D really wants a Vic team to win the flag this year.

Gary
5th June 2007, 06:21 PM
Can we swap Mark for his brother...please.

573v30
5th June 2007, 06:25 PM
Can we swap Mark for his brother...please. They'll probably want Richards back before that will happen.

BBBBH
5th June 2007, 06:30 PM
They'll probably want Richards back before that will happen.

i can safely say no other side in the comp would want richards.

Gary
5th June 2007, 06:45 PM
They can have Richards...after a spell of 10 games or so last year, he has regressed to what Essendon already knew & we saw early. Perhaps we could swap him for Ryder? Now there is a young player we could do with. Frankly our recruiting & our selection process stinks. Everitt has done some nice things but must wish he was back at Hawthorn while our ageing champs play on reputation...and our pups mostly are not house trained because they only get to play in the back yard (Canberra).

reigning premier
5th June 2007, 07:07 PM
It was a great goal.....

And to be honest, I don't even mind that he was out of bounds. That happens regularly. Part of the game. Watch any game and you'll see a cple of them a game. So be it.

The other decisions however.........