PDA

View Full Version : Kennelly - out for 4-6 weeks?

liz
12th June 2007, 03:09 PM
According to a report I've just heard on Fox Sports News.

Doesn't need surgery but they think there is some bone bruising in his knee.

giant
12th June 2007, 03:10 PM
It's Tadhg - he'll miss the Pies game & that's all.

ScottH
12th June 2007, 03:11 PM
Wimp.

reigning premier
12th June 2007, 03:13 PM
Only need him for the Geelong game.....

Then again, they might almost "conceed" that game and not risk him back early.

Think we need to be a bit more careful with him. Can't afford to put him out for the season.

hammo
12th June 2007, 03:16 PM
Wimp.
Agree. What happened to the Bloods code?

goswannie14
12th June 2007, 03:19 PM
Agree. What happened to the Bloods code?Ask LRT and Crouchy.;)

NMWBloods
12th June 2007, 03:19 PM
Very lucky - could have been much worse!

giant
12th June 2007, 03:38 PM
Here's the not particularly helpful article from Fox sports.

http://http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,21892295-23211,00.html

Lucky Knickers
12th June 2007, 04:22 PM
The weekend showed we can win without our two most important players firing. Hopefully Tadhg gets himself right as that knee is looking like glass.

Ahli
12th June 2007, 04:29 PM
It's a catch 22.
The Swans have only won 1 game since 2002 when Tadhg has been out.
1 Game!!!
Do they want him to take the whole 4 - 6 weeks off and make sure it's right and hopefully the guys can continue like they did last weekend without him. Or (if they are doing badly...heaven forbid) bring him back sooner and risk further injury??

What's everyone else feeling.

swantastic
12th June 2007, 04:31 PM
The weekend showed we can win without our two most important players firing. Hopefully Tadhg gets himself right as that knee is looking like glass.Only two:confused: LN i would have said 5 in Hall,Goodes,Mol,Rok and Tiger and in saying that if at least 2 are on fire in the next two games i reckon we can put them down as wins(fingers crossed).

Lucky Knickers
12th June 2007, 05:42 PM
Just quoting Paul Roos Melcho Man.

swantastic
12th June 2007, 06:00 PM
Just quoting Paul Roos Melcho Man.Paul who:confused:

ScottH
12th June 2007, 06:10 PM
Swans lose key defender with knee injury, but no surgery required

More... (http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/Default.aspx?tabid=7106&newsId=44906)

(This post was automatically generated from news items on www.sydneyswans.com.au )

NMWBloods
12th June 2007, 06:11 PM
It's a catch 22.
The Swans have only won 1 game since 2002 when Tadhg has been out.
1 Game!!!

That's not true. He's missed 8 games if you include the Hawthorn one just gone. We've won 3 of those games. Of the five losses, three have occurred in the first two rounds (when we seem to lose anyway). Our wins have been against Carlton, Western Bulldogs and now Hawthorn.

The two we've lost this year without him were against Kangaroos and StKilda. May have made a difference against the 'Roos, unsure against StKilda.

Our reliance on him is a worry, but it's not the end of the world. We should make sure he's right, rather than risk a long-term injury.

Danzar
12th June 2007, 06:37 PM
Plus, we now have Malceski giving us plenty of run out of the back line - a luxury we didin't have when we were without Kennelly...

DST
12th June 2007, 06:46 PM
While we will miss Kennelly next week, the Pies will be without Clement, Presti, O'Brien and Rhys Shaw.

If we get back Ablett & Crouch you could say we are only LRT & Kennelly off our best 22.

DST
:D

Danzar
12th June 2007, 06:57 PM
Are you 'Shaw' Rhys Shaw will not play? Regardless, Heath was in blistering form yesterday.

goswannie14
12th June 2007, 08:25 PM
they said on the news his injury is deep bone bruising.:confused: I have never heard of that before.

reigning premier
13th June 2007, 01:53 PM
The Terror reported today that it's 4-6 weeks.

Expect him out for at least the Collingwood game and most likely, Geelong game.

Same report indicated that LRT might be a return against Collingwood.

swantastic
13th June 2007, 02:05 PM
Plus, we now have Malceski giving us plenty of run out of the back line - a luxury we didin't have when we were without Kennelly...Hit,nail,head.

Glenn
13th June 2007, 03:33 PM
they said on the news his injury is deep bone bruising.:confused: I have never heard of that before.

Basically a rupturing of blood vessels that form part of the protective cover around the bone.
Refered to as "deep bone brusing", as the injury happens under skin,muscle,conective tissue, and nerves around the bone, compared to normal brusing which is relativly close to the surface.

goswannie14
13th June 2007, 04:34 PM
Basically a rupturing of blood vessels that form part of the protective cover around the bruise.
Refered to as "deep bone brusing", as the injury happens under skin,muscle,conective tissue, and nerves around the bone, compared to normal brusing which is relativly close to the surface.
Thanks for that Glenn, I had never heard the term before, hence my confusion.

swansrock4eva
13th June 2007, 05:06 PM
Basically a rupturing of blood vessels that form part of the protective cover around the bruise.
The bruising will also have penetrated the actual bone itself and bruised at least the hard outer layer of bone, if not also penetrated the inner layers as well - bruising is ultimately bleeding, so in this case, it's bleeding in the bone structure itself, without having actually damaged the integrity of the hard bone (which is the weight-bearing portion).

Have you ever copped a hit in the exposed part of your shin and you didn't have any protection? If so, if you've had a bruise and a lump that's taken ages (I'm talking months) to resolve, that's a form of deep bone bruising.

boroboy
13th June 2007, 05:15 PM
I'm carrying exactly the same injury...did it 6 weeks ago. For two weeks it was impossible to play because the bruising caused too much pain - but was back training week 3 and played again week 4. By using strapping / brace you can play at around 90% capacity - the injury only limits your movements in certain ways so there's a huge temptation to get back on the track ASAP.

Of course this means the injury doesn't heal fully - but there's only a minimal chance that you'll aggrivate the actual problem / bruising further whilst playing; the damage is already done so to speak. The main discomfort actually comes when you're resting and nerves in the knee get a chance to recognize what's going on....so plenty of sleepless nights ahead!

goswannie14
13th June 2007, 05:16 PM
Have you ever copped a hit in the exposed part of your shin and you didn't have any protection? If so, if you've had a bruise and a lump that's taken ages (I'm talking months) to resolve, that's a form of deep bone bruising.Now I really understand, I had that happen to me many years ago fierlding close in playing cricket, straight drive into the shin, saved 4 runs, and couldn't walk properly (without pain) for weeks.:eek:

swansrock4eva
13th June 2007, 06:01 PM
Yup that's the one! Hockey is a killer for it too, and soccer when you don't have shinpads. Oh and the end of the bed at 3am too!

Glenn
13th June 2007, 07:56 PM
Speaking from experience with the bed at 3am SR4E:p

ScottH
13th June 2007, 10:40 PM
Swans defender set to return in four to six weeks after suffering a knee injury against Hawks

More... (http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/Default.aspx?tabid=7106&newsId=45001)

(This post was automatically generated from news items on www.sydneyswans.com.au )